- Extensive experience in the area of Virtualization with VMware vSphere, ESXi 4.1, ESXi 5.0 servers, vCenter server 2.5, 4.0and vCenter Converter.
- Proficient in Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012 server upgrade and Active directory administration, Windows Disaster Recovery
- Highly comfortable working with clustered as well as non clustered Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience using Active Directory tools
- Proficient in handling the updates for new software releases as well as installations
- Strong experience with the VMware HA (High Availability),Fault Tolerance, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)and VMware Distributed Power Management, SAN and NAS storage
- Created, managed and supported VMs. Installed and Upgraded VMware tools on all Windows Machines.
- Created, managed and supported Physical boxes - HP & Dell Blade servers
- Familiar with Wise Package Studio
- Experienced using Microsoft Intune for Mobile Device Management
- Used VMware Orchestrator to create and run automated, configurable processes to manage the VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Familiar with Citrix XenApp 6.5 environment, VDI, SDLC concepts
- Highly comfortable with Linux (RHEL) Servers administration and support
- Familiar with Amazon AWS and Azure Consoles
- Experienced with Windows 10 administration and migration from windows 7 to Windows 10 using SCCM 2012 R2, MDT, Boot Images and Task Sequences
- Excellent in patch management, application management and OS deployment using SCCM 2012
- Experienced using SCOM 2012 monitoring tool.
- Configuring switches from scratch and deployment.
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst Switches that include 3750, 4500, and 6500 in multi-VLAN environment for implementation of inter-VLAN routing, 802.1q Trunking and Ether Channel.
- Perform IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting in complete LAN, WAN development.
- Involve in operations and administration of WAN consisting Ethernet Handoffs, T1, DS3 and Optic Fiber Handoffs.
- Involved in Configuration of Access lists (ACL) on ASA firewall for the proper network routing for the B2B network connectivity.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures.
- Provided proactive threat defense with ASA that stops attacks before they spread through the network.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web servers, Mail servers & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls.
- Troubleshoot the Network Issues onsite and remotely depending on the severity of the issues.
- Performed Break Fix support through driving to different buildings, identifying the root cause of the hardware issues with switches, routers.
- Experience on Windows Installer Technology, Install Shield Admin Studio, Wise Packaging
- Assisted with the design and documentation of server deployment processes according to global system engineering standards and best practices
- Performed pre-production audits to ensure standards compliance and Troubleshooting escalated issues
- Advanced knowledge of OS performance optimization, hardware configuration, and related root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge related to Database related to SQL, Oracle. Performing Database Tuning, and configuration of SQL Jobs
Skills: Centos, Windows 98/NT/2000/2003/XP/7, Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
Server : Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2010
Tools: SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory, IIS 6.0, Exchange Servers
VM Platforms: VMware Workstation, VMware Server, VMware GSX server, VMware Infrastructure 3,4.0,5.0,5.1 and 5.5 (ESX server & Virtual Center), VMware vCenter Converter.
IM: Microsoft Lync, Cisco Jabber
Hardware: Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Printers, BlackBerry, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, HP, DELL, Cisco UCS Blades, F5 Load Balancers
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance, daily support and administration of System Center Configuration Manager and Operations Manager 2012 environment
- Responsible for creating Monitors and Rules in SCOM based on the monitoring requirements
- Responsible for monitoring and setup of network devices, websites, Linux Red Hat servers, Citrix NetScaler devices
- Responsible for maintaining patching on the System Center 2012 environment using Microsoft update procedures, troubleshooting application downtime issues
- Worked on Windows 10 Upgrade Production Project for 15000 workstations, Including Image creation, Driver Management, Task Sequence Deployment, Customizations, in place upgrade and Wipe and Load.
- Implementing Automation using Powershell scripts.
- Planning and Implementing Operating System Deployment (OSD)Production Rollout for migration from Windows 7 /8 / 8.1 to Windows 10
- Maintaining and Performing SCCM client health related issues and remediation activities.
- Troubleshooting the software package, client and software updates deployment related to client and server components.
- Documenting configurations and procedures fully and clearly and providing the Root Cause Analysis for any issues related to SCCM and SCOM components
- Meets regularly with government and team managers to understand priorities and to ensure the successful completion of deliverables.
- Consistently meet deadlines established by management and is accountable for adhering to established procedures, and communicating risks, issues, and solutions.
- Attends weekly technical support meetings. Routinely shares ideas for enhancing services, deployments, and improving the customer experience.
- Prioritizes and delegates tasks appropriately.
- Provides input to assist with continual improvement of the service and the technical team.
- Participation in global working groups responsible for the Global architecture roadmap, deployment and development of SCCM and SCOM Components
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance, daily support and administration of System Center Operations Manager 2012 environment
- Responsible for development of automation processes in the SCOM environment related to applications, websites and Maintenance of client machines
- Responsible for monitoring setup of network devices, printers, websites and Linux servers
- Involved in the optimization of the SQL databases for the Data warehouse database and operational database as well as increasing the hardware specifications for the SCOM server environment which resulted in increased performance of overall operations
- Created and configured customized monitors and alerts in SCOM for the purpose of monitoring services log files
- Used PowerShell 3.0 to automate processes in SCOM Server which involved daily maintenance of the SCOM server
- Used System Center Service Manager to work on issue tickets, Change management, Documenting, tracking, and monitoring the incidents to ensure a timely resolution and performing remediation of tickets wherever necessary
- Used Microsoft Visio to design the SCOM Environment Diagram
- Responsible for patching the SCOM 2012 environment using Microsoft update procedures
- Served as the primary contact for handling tickets related to SCOM operations
- Responsible for deploying SCOM Agents as well as setting rules for customized monitoring and using alerting options for sending email notifications and running power shell script
- Implemented Application Performance Monitoring solutions to the bank websites using the performance event alerts and used dashboards for monitoring performance metrics
- Responsible for creating Customized monthly reports that showed the up/down status of network devices
- Used SCOM 2012 for port monitoring, processor utilization and free memory on client machines and different network devices
- Used System Center 2012 Orchestrator to design run books for running the Power shell queries based on an event in the SCOM 2012 environment as well as creating incident tickets in SCSM based on SCOM alerts for issue remediation
- Participate and oversee the building and maintenance of desktop images, assisting in the production and employment of Group Policy Objects to manage the environment.
Confidential, Jamesburg, NJ
Application Packaging Engineer
- Delivering the packaged applications for Desktops and Servers through SCCM 2012.
- Involved in testing the applications and sending it to Quality for QA testing in store environment and doing an End User Acceptance Testing to pass to deployment.
- Deployed applications using SCCM 2012 and MDT by creating the application profiles using both Task sequence and Microsoft Build Manager.
- Worked on Various applications to build MSI packages and Transforms (MST), Merge Modules (MSM) and Patches (MSP) according to the package requirement using Wise Package Studio 8.0 Admin Studio 11.0, 12.0 and App V 5.0SP1.
- Converting the legacy application into windows installer formats using the app v sequencer.
- Assistance in the development and publication of processes and standards that support the Application Packaging function.
- Have worked on WSUS server for downloading the Microsoft updates.
- Created custom SQL queries and reports to assist with Microsoft licensing reconciliation.
- Virtualizes any Windows application and give workers secure access to their applications and documents from anywhere on any device using the Citrix XenApp 5.5
- Created Virtual Packages using Microsoft App-V 5.0
- Manage the lifecycle of SCCM programs and applications across the Windows environment.
- Experience in managing application deployments for users as well as devices.
- Experience in Imaging Windows 7 Virtual Environment for Non-Production environment.
- Worked with SCCM and MDT to create Packages, Advertisements, Collections, and deploy the application on Windows 7 Environment.
- Deployed applications using SCCM and MDT by creating the application profiles using both Task sequence and Microsoft Build Manager.
- Created various custom reports for Migration reporting and other deployment reports.
- Implement a method of patching third party software in Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) to meet ISSO's requirement. System Center Updates Publisher 2011 (SCUP) for 3rd Party Patching, Adobe products etc.
- Documenting step-by- step process used for Repackaging and testing which includes custom action scripts.
- Report generation on Application Compatibility testing for Windows 7 x86 & Windows 7x64 bit using Flexera's compatibility solver.
- Perform, test, and oversee upgrades to new versions of SCCM as needed and/or required.
- Provide knowledge transfer to insure other department associates are trained on all functions of SCCM.
- Experience developing and providing patch compliance to clients.
- Possess expert knowledge of Active Directory and SCCM integration with Active Directory.
- Strong working knowledge of application packaging and deployment using programs and advertisements
- Understanding of compliance baselines and the significance of those baselines.
- In depth knowledge of Windows SCCM client health, related issues and remediation activities.
- Able to create customized reports based on SCCM data using tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Package/Repackage applications into MSI for deployment via SCCM 2012 to physical PC's,
- Virtual PC's and Citrix XenApp environments.
- Worked on various applications to build Upgrades and Patches (MSP) according to the package requirement.
- Developed various custom actions that need to perform specific tasks for, during and after installations.
- Used Admin Studio & Install shield for repackaging and application deployment customizations
- Develop and Implement Organization wide software packaging & deployment standards and quality check process.
- Performed package validation and troubleshooting the applications to resolve Internal Consistency Errors (ICE).
- Worked extensively with Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Interacted with Users and Application Owners for gathering information required for Application Packaging.
- Used VB Scripts and Wise Script Editor to create wrappers for preinstall and post install software packaging and to automate and schedule the tasks.
- Monitored SCCM platform and mitigated issues as needed.
- Used Microsoft SCCM 2012 to publish application packages for deployments and to monitor deployment status.
- Monitored SCCM platform and mitigated issues as needed.
- Application discovery - discovery of all aspects required for application installation, dependencies and configuration and Packaging of applications using appropriate tools in line with company standards.
- Configuring and troubleshooting WINS, DNS, TCP/IP, VOIP, router & other networking issues.
- Developing Powershell, batch and VB scripts. Compiling procedural documentations.
- Used scripting technologies, such as PowerShell, VBScript, WSH, WMI and ADSI to automate administration tasks.
- Assisted in the quick resolution of PCI vulnerabilities for windows 2003 and windows 2008 servers.
- Extensive knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Platforms (MDOP).
- Extensively worked on operating systems like XP, Windows 7.
- Validation of Internal and Application Consistency Evaluators.
- Co-ordination of User Acceptance Testing of packaged applications.
- Creation of various scripts to assist with tasks related to the Application Packaging role.
- Documentation of all tasks, activities, relating to the Application Packaging role.
- Interacted with Users and Application Owners for gathering information required for Application Packaging.
- Conducted peer review and pre-quality control on MSIs created by team members and final quality checks before releasing to testing.
- Installed and configured ESX 5.0 Servers on Blade Servers
- Performed P2V migrations for approximately 500 physical servers utilizing VMware converter
- Installed Management Server (VCenter Server) instance to enable centralized management of multiple hosts
- Worked on Central Management Server (VCenter Server) to manage all the EXS hosts in the datacenter
- Experience migrating servers to Azure environments.
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure
- Worked on the migration of VM servers from a single node host to a vCenter cluster for disaster recovery objective.
- Applied patches on Windows servers and workstations with Company standards
- Performing administration and Troubleshooting of Active Directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS, WINS, RAS and WSUS
- Performed installation, maintenance & troubleshooting of Windows Server Operating and managing entire Active Directory (Users, groups, FSMO roles).
- Support System OS patching on client side file servers using Shavlik and SCCM software utilities to push and implement updates as required.
- Wrote Powershell scripts for administrative tasks and management of the server infrastructure.
- Configured Domain Naming Server (DNS) and created forward/reverse lookup zones with associated pointer records
- Customized Win 2000/2003 servers in terms of Registry, Audit/Account/Security policy, patching to sustain Company Standard Operating Environment
- Experience with performing SOX and PCI audits in the enterprise pertaining to Active Directory.
- Responsible for deploying, managing, and maintaining HP ProLiant BL - series C-class blade servers and DL-series servers
- Worked with business clients to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow
- Ensured adherence to procedures and processes for hardware, software, and applications
- Interacted and coordinated with different teams to meet the deadlines
- Participated in weekly meetings
- Prepared detail documentation for the whole physical and virtualized the environment
Windows Support Engineer
- Administering windows 2003 and 2008 servers
- Installing and Decommissioning windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 servers
- Configuring server using role based configuration and server manager
- Performed Storage VMotion as per customer requirement
- Administration and Installation of VMware VSphere 4 and creation of virtual machines on ESX 4.0 Servers. images and deployed servers from the images
- Designed and successfully implemented VMware ESXi4.0/4.1 servers for server consolidation
- Worked as senior Technical consultant on various infrastructure projects surrounding Servers consolidation, Physical to Virtual Migrations, Storage and Server Management
- Co - ordination with offshore team members
- Implementation of various server related tasks
- Managing and Troubleshooting print queues
- Restoration of user data requests Commvault Backup and Troubleshooting backup issues
- Windows 2003 and 2008 print server administration
- Print server migrations & Print driver testing
- Installing and configuring VMWARE ESX servers in the enterprise virtualized environment