Seeking a challenging position as a seasoned network professional in a progressive organization where I can implement my technical skills and coursework while further expanding my expertise and knowledge.
- 8 years of experience in Networking and Security, including hands - on experience in providing network installation, network integration, network support, and analysis for a broad range of LAN/WAN/MAN communication systems.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on the Routing & Switching, Network Security, Information Security, Network Management, Load Balancing, Wireless Networking, VoIP, and Cloud technologies.
- Hands on experience Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR/NX-OS , Juniper JUNOS , Aruba OS , Arista EOS , PAN-OS , IPSO/ GAiA for configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience in testing routers and switches in laboratory and deploy them on site production.
- Familiar with REMEDY , Service-Now , JIRA for ticket change management process.
- Hands on experience with network automation tools such as Ansible , Puppet , and Chef .
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu OS, CentOS, and Kali Linux .
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on Software-Defined Networking (SDN) . Experience with Cisco ACI on Creating VXLAN’s, VTEPS, VNID’s, EVPN, Bridge Domains, Tenants, Application profiles, Contracts etc. on ACI.
- Thorough knowledge and hands on experience of Spine-Leaf Architecture.
- Experience with SD-WAN solutions for optimization of WAN traffic. Hands on experience with creating inpath rules, traffic policies, troubleshooting issues related to delay, jitter, throughput on RiverBed Steelhead, Viptella, Zscaler vendor solutions.
- Working knowledge on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure .
- Hands on experience on the Python and Perl scripting.
- Familiar and hands on experience with the Structured Query Language (SQL) to access and manage the databases.
- Hands on experience on the documentation and updating client’s network documentation using MS Visio .
- Working & Application knowledge on the Internet of Things (IoT) , and the necessary elements such as cloud computing, fog computing, virtualization, and sensors to create the IoT environment.
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Cisco , Juniper , HP Aruba , Avaya , and Arista switches & Routers.
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 3850, Cat 9K, Cat 4500X, Cat 6500 switches; Nexus 2k , 3k , 5k , 7k , and 9k series switches.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Cisco ISR 800 series, 1000 series, 4000 series; ASR 1000 series, 5000 series, 9000 series; IOSXRv 9000, Meraki vMX100 virtual routers.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Juniper EX 2200 series, EX 2300 series, EX 3400 series, QFX 5120 series; MX5, MX40, PTX series, and T4000 Core Routers.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the HP Aruba 2920 series, 2930 F series, and 5400R series switches.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Arista 7150S series, 7160 series, and 7260QX series switches; 7508R routers.
- Expert knowledge on the TCP/IP model.
- Extensive knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Layer 3 Interior Gateway Routing protocols such as Link-State routing protocols ( OSPF and IS-IS), Distance Vector routing protocols (RIPv1, RIPv2 and EIGRP ), Static Routing , Default Routes, and Exterior Gateway Routing Protocol ( BGP ).
- Hands-on experience on implementation and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN s, SVI , Trunks, VTP, EtherChannel , DTP, STP, RSTP and MSTP ; Implementation of HSRP , VRRP, GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Hands on experience on the configuration of ACL s, NAT , DHCP, DNS, NTP, Image Management, and Software Licensing.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Addressing and Subnetting, ARP, VLSM, TCP/IP, MPLS, NAT, ACL, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 SONET POS OCX / GigE circuits.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on the WAN technologies such as Leased lines (T1/E1; T3/E3), Circuit-Switched (PSTN, ISDN), Packet-Switched ( Metro Ethernet , MPLS , Frame Relay, ATM), DSL , and Broadband VPN .
- Thorough knowledge and hands on experience on the data center technologies such as VDC , vPC , VXLAN , FEX , OTV , FCoE , and FabricPath .
- Hands on experience with the troubleshooting of DNS , DHCP , and other IP conflict problems.
- Configuring BGP/OSPF routing policies and designs, worked on implementation strategies for the expansion of the L3 MPLS VPN networks.
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience on the configuration of Site-to-Site IPSec VPN , SSL VPN , and DMVPN .
- Implementation of Quality of Service (QoS) through the QoS models, tools, mechanisms, and algorithms to avoid the congestion.
- Experience with Windows DNS and DHCP; Migration experience from Windows to Infoblox.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Palo Alto, Check Point, Cisco ASA, and Fortigate firewalls.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the PAN-OS 6, 7.1, and 8.0 versions; PA 220, PA 820, PA-2K, PA-3K and PA-5K firewalls.
- Thorough knowledge and hands on experience on the Palo Alto firewall User-ID’s, App-ID’s, SSL Decryption, URL Filtering, Policies, Zone Protection, High Availability , and Certification Management .
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Check Point Firewall R77, R80 versions; 3000, 5000 series security gateways.
- Hands on experience on the configuration and management of Gateways, Groups, user accounts, access control policies , user accounts, threat prevention policies , VPN tunneling, and High Availability .
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Cisco ASA 9.7, 9.9 versions; ASA 5500-X FirePower series.
- Hands on experience on the configuration and management of ACLs, NAT, Access Control, Access Management , Threat Detection , Policies, Scalability, and High Availability.
- Thorough knowledge and hands on experience with the Cisco FirePower NGIPS/IDS .
- Hands on experience with the Fortigate 100, 200, 600 series Next Generation Firewalls.
- Configured remote VPN connectivity, IPS/IDS, Unified Threat Management on the Fortigate firewall.
- Thorough knowledge and hands on experience with the application of LAN Security practices such as DHCP snooping, Port Security, Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), IEEE 802.1X, and IP Source Guard (IPSG).
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on the F5 Load Balancers, Citrix NetScaler.
- Administered in implementing and configuring F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers.
- Configured and implemented F5 BIG-IP, LTM , GTM load balancers to maintain global and local Traffic.
- Hands-on experience on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability. Experience on Virtual Servers, Pools, Persistence, iRules, Listener IP’s, WideIP’s, SSL, HTTP and TCP headers.
- High level experience with F5 LTM, GTM and APM modules. Experience with load balancing internal and external applications. Worked on BIGIP 5000 and Viprion series up to version 13.X .
- Proficient and high-level expertise using the F5 based profiles , monitors, VIP’s, pools, SNAT, SSL offload, SSL pass through, SSL bridging, iRules, iAPPs. Migration experience from ACE to F5 / old F5 to New F5. Expert in TMSH. TMG to F5 migration in DMZ.
- Experience with F5 Viprion Series . Configuring vCMP , Provisioning resources, installation and configuration of Viprion series from Scratch for LTM, GTM, APM and ASM modules.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Cisco , HP Aruba wireless networking.
- Worked on the deployment and installation of Wireless Access Points, and their management through Wireless LAN (WLAN) Controller .
- Hands on experience with the integration of Cisco WLAN controller with Cisco ISE for access control.
- Hands on experience with cisco Aironet 500 series, 1800 series, 2800 series, 3800 series Wireless Access Points (WAPs) and their management through the 3504 and 3650 Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs).
- Hands on experience with the HP Aruba 340 series, 330 series, 300 series, 207 series Wireless Access Points (WAPs) and their management through HPE 7220 Mobility Controller .
- Worked on the configuration of AP groups, LWAPs, Guest networks, SSID’s, Authentication rules, RRM, Signal strength issues. Provisioning AP’s etc.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on the Cisco, ShoreTel, and Avaya unified communications solutions.
- Experience in deploying Cisco 6900, 7800, 7900, 8800 and 3900 series VoIP phones.
- Hands-on experience on the installation Cisco IP phones and softphones, and the configuration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) , Call Manager Express (CME) , and Cisco IP Communicator .
- Hands-on experience with the configuration of Cisco Unity and Cisco Call manager for features like single no reach, mobile connect, hunt lists, calling search space, DID, translation pattern, dial rules etc.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with the SIP, MGCP, SCCP, and H.323 protocols.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on the Network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds , Cisco Prime , WireShark , and Splunk .
- Hands on experience with the Bluecoat Proxy and Inflobox for the DNS, DHCP, and IPAM ( DDI ).
Network Configuration : Advanced switch/router configuration (Cisco IOS access list, Route redistribution/propagation).
Routing Protocols : RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, IS-IS, BGP v4, MP-BGP
WAN Protocols : HDLC, PPP
Circuit switched WAN : T1/E1 - T3/E3/OCX (Channelized, Fractional & full).
Security Technologies: Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Blue Coat proxy server. Port Security, DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard (IPSG).
Cisco Routers: Cisco ISR-1000, ISR-4000, ASR-1000, ASR-9000, ASR-5500, Meraki vMX 100.
Redundancy and management : HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RPR, NSF/NSR, STP, Wireshark, SolarWinds, SNMP
Physical interfaces : Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Serial, HSSI, Sonet (POS)
Layer 2 technology : VLAN, VXLAN, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, STP, RSTP, PVST+, MST, PVLAN, Optimizing STP (Port Fast, Uplink Fast, Backbone Fast, Root Guard, BPDU Guard),
Layer 3 Switching : CEF, MLS, Ether channel (PAGP & LACP, Load Balancing)
Switches : Catalyst 9400, 3850, 3650, 2960; Nexus 2k, 3k, 5k, 7k, 9k
Load Balancers: F5 LTM, GTM, iRules
Operating Systems : Microsoft XP/Vista/7, Windows Servers 2003/2008, Windows MS-Office , Microsoft project server 2013
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Sr. Network Engineer
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Cisco equipment and Alcatel-lucent in an enterprise environment.
- Worked on the configuration and installation of Cisco Nexus 2k, 3k, 5k, and 7k series switches.
- Worked on the configuration of vPC (Virtual Port Channel), VDC (Virtual Device Context), FCOE in Nexus 7k and 5k series switches.
- Experience with the configuration of Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) for the Nexus 5k to connect servers and storage devices.
- Worked on the configuration of Cisco 6500 VSS in Distribution layer of the Data center network.
- Strong hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on Cisco Meraki appliances.
- Configured Cisco Meraki network appliances at different sites for remote access and cloud management.
- Worked extensively and responsible for the migration from Check Point to Cisco ASA FirePower.
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience with the Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (NGFW).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with the Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Worked and responsible for managing VPN systems for site-to-site and remote access.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of Cisco ISR 800, 1000 series and ASR 1000 series routers.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing data networks and related support applications.
- Working knowledge and extensive hands on experience on the current network routing protocols for data systems such as OSPF, EIGRP, MP-BGP, and BGP v4.
- Working knowledge of testing practices and troubleshooting procedures associated with network support.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and adapt data networks to meet user needs.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the implementation of Quality of Service (QoS) through Shaping, Policing, Diffserv, Priority Queuing, QoS Tools, and QoS Algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply regulatory standards and technical specifications.
- Thorough working knowledge and Hands on experience with the testing practices and troubleshooting procedures associated with network support.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of Cisco catalyst 2960-X, 3650, 3850 series switches.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and adapt data networks to meet user needs.
- Ability to identify, document, and assess impact of assigned network system failures, and to develop appropriate recovery plans.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of Aruba 207 series, 320 series wireless access points and their management through the Aruba ClearPass for the access control.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge with the Cisco ISE for access control and its integration with the enterprise network.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff to identify user requirements and translate them into technology-based solutions.
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience on managing data network configurations for layer 2, layer 3 and network security devices.
- Worked on the Inflobox DNS Traffic control, DHCP, and IPAM for the Network control; Worked on the implementation of Domain Name Service and BIND.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on the Juniper SRX services series gateways and their configuration through the Junos OS 10.0.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of services such as Polices, NAT, IDP, HA, AppSecure, UTM, IPsec VPN on Juniper SRX Firewalls.
- Configured NAT policies, Web Filtering, Antivirus, Site-to-Site IPsec VPN and SSL VPN on the SRX firewalls.
- Worked on SRX firewall for the implementation of security zones, route-based policies, access control, and application traffic control.
- Worked on the configuration of Microsoft Office 365 for the implementation of Office applications (Office 2016) and various collaboration tools (Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive, SharePoint etc.,), and other services.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with the configuration of Microsoft Active Directory for the enforcement of security policies through the Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting.
- Performed network monitoring and analysis through the SolarWinds monitoring tool and WireShark.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with the cisco next generation Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Intrusion Detection System (IDS).
- Implemented the Policy Rules, DMZ and Multiple VDOM's for Multiple Clients of the State on the Fortigate Firewall.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the VMware vSphere and the creation, management of virtual machines.
- Worked on the VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V for the configuration of virtual machines and running several beta versions of operating systems.
- Maintain, Upgrade, and Implement improvements to the VMware ESXi infrastructure.
- Great exposure to SDN and network virtualization technologies like Cisco ACI.
- Worked on the configuration of VPN tunnels for the DMVPN and remote access on the Cisco ASA firewall.
- Worked on the configuration of QoS, URL filtering, and other features on the Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Hands on experience on the automation framework using python and Perl scripting..
- Worked along with a team on the network automation through Ansible.
- Ability to apply campus information security policy and standards to develop specific security requirements.
- Ability to apply security models and frameworks to ensure appropriate security is maintained.
- Hands on experience on F5 BIG-IP LTM 11.2, F5 BIG-IP GTM, F5 BIG-IP APM and F5 BIG-IP ASM.
- Experience with configuring virtual server and load balancing in F5 Networks BIG-IP LTM.
- Worked on F5 Load Balancer for managing F5 LTM Application Load Balancing.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Meraki switching and wireless LAN.
- Worked on the deployment and configuration of Cisco Meraki MS 120 series and MS 210 series switches.
- Worked on the installation of Meraki MR42E and MR53 wireless access points for the cloud management.
- Hands on experience with the configuration of Route53, NAT, VPC, and Subnets through Amazon Web Services (AWS) for the deployment of web applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
Environment: Cisco 2k, 3k, 5k, 7k series; Catalyst 2960, 3650, 3850 series switches; ISR 800/1000 series, ASR 1000 series, 3600/2800 routers, Alcatel-lucent, F5 Load Balancer , BIG-IP, LTM, GTM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SDN, Aruba ClearPass, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN, SSL VPN, Cisco ASA FirePower, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ACI, Ether Channels, VMware ESXi.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Worked on 2600, 3500, 7613 Routers, implemented OSPF and BGP and performed route filtering and route manipulation by applying distribute-lists, route-maps & offset lists.
- Translating Cisco IOS Route maps to Cisco IOS XR Routing policies.
- Worked on the migration from Cisco ASA to the Palo Alto firewall and the configuration of User-ID’s, App-ID’s, SSL Decryption, URL Filtering, Policies, Zone Protection, High Availability, and Certification Management.
- Worked on the URL filtering and upgradation of Palo Alto firewall from PAN-OS 7.1 to PAN-OS 8.0.
- Worked on the implementation of Cisco Meraki wireless solutions and the deployment of wireless access points.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with the PA-200, 500 Series firewalls.
- Resolved end-user problems and made necessary modifications to the operating system, network software, and/or hardware configurations in the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Resolving issues in the Network Operations Center (NOC) through the ticketing system and escalating the issues if necessary.
- Worked on the implementation of Cisco Meraki Enterprise Cloud Wireless Bridge/Repeater to extend the LAN for multiple buildings
- Installed and configured Meraki (MX80, MX60) Appliance via Meraki MX400 Cloud.
- Installed and configured Cisco Meraki (MR66, MR18) wireless Access points in the warehouses.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs of Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Upgrading the IOS on the ASA 5550, 5585 and have done IOS upgrades on Cisco routers and switches.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco 7300, 7600, 7200, 3800 series and ASR 9k, GSR 12K routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 3550, 3750, 5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Mutual redistribution of OSPF and BGP routes using route maps for WAN optimization.
- Configuring VLAN, Spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP on EX series switches.
- Hands on experience in Design, Installation and configuration of Checkpoint Provider Environment.
- Managed the Checkpoint firewalls and provided Level 3 support for the Checkpoint Firewall administration.
- Performed upgrades on all Checkpoint firewalls and managed security policies for the firewall.
- Configured New Client connectivity via Site-to-Site/Remote/SSL VPN on Checkpoint firewall.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge with the VMware Workstation and the management of different virtual machines.
- Functional Knowledge and hands on experience with the Citrix infrastructure components such as Web interfaces, PNAServer, NetScaler setup and administration, License Server management, Edgesight. Management and configuration of RSA SecurID Server.
- Formulated group policies for Citrix and Netscaler apps, and NetScaler review for load balancing high value web system.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge with the deployment of NetScaler, rolling out the applications, and their integration.
- Experience working with migration from 4500 series devices to 6500 Series switches in Campus deployments at Core and Distribution Layers.
- Worked on the configuration of VRF for the ingress and egress routers.
- Configured and implemented voice gateways (H323/MGCP/SIP), SRST for remote sites, CUCME and CUE distributed design.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of HP aruba 207, 300, and 330 series Wireless Access Points (WAPs) and their management through the HPE 7220 Mobility Controller.
- Worked on the configuration and installation of HP Aruba 2520, 5400 R series switches and HSR routers.
- Hands on experience with the working of protocols such as SIP, RTP, RTSP, and IGMP for supporting the Voice, Data, and Video networks.
- Experience in the deployment & Troubleshooting F5 Load Balancer Includes BIGIP Series 5050V, 10000V, 8900, 6900, and 3900.
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR 9K, Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K and its downstream devices and configuration of 2k, 3k, 7k series Routers.
- Monitored and analyzed the network through WireShark and Cisco Prime.
- Worked on the configuration of DMZ, PAT, SSL Encryption, App-IDs on the Palo Alto firewall.
- Worked on the implementation of Inflobox DNS, DHCP, and IPAM (DDI) for the network.
- Assisted the networking team on the installation of 7800, 6900, and 3900 series IP phones.
- Assisted the team in the configuration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Arista 7150S series, 7160 series, and 7260QX series switches
- Working knowledge and hands on experience on the 7508R routers.
- Blue Coat ProxySG experience through the installation of Confidential Collaborative Defense.
- Experience with IPS/IDS rules on Bluecoat Proxies.
- Worked on the HP 2930M, 3810, and 8320 series access and aggregation switches.
- Moved Core switches and several non-Cisco devices under strict deadlines to maintain network functionality
- Upgrading system images on Nexus 5 and 7 multi-layers’ switches using kick start and FTP server.
- Worked on the configuration of BGP and advertisement of routes to the ISP network.
Environment: Cisco Router 7613, Cisco Switch 6500, Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, MPLS, 802.1x, Cisco ASA 5550, 5585, Inflobox, SDN, Blue Coat Proxy, PIX Firewall, F5 Load Balancer 6400, 6800, Nokia 7210 switch, 7750 router.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured CIDR IP RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4.
- Configured IP access filter policies.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Check Point Firewall R77 version; 3000, 5000 series security gateways.
- Worked on the creation and implementation of virtual machines on VMware ESXi in the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Configured and Implemented Gateways, Groups, user accounts, access control policies , user accounts, threat prevention policies , VPN tunneling, and High Availability on the Check Point Firewall.
- Communities, Route-Reflector clusters, Route-maps and route policy implementation.
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR 9K, Nexus 7K, 5K and its downstream devices.
- Performed OSPF, BGP, DHCP Profile, HSRP, IPV6, Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR 9K redundant pair.
- Familiar with blue coat proxy servers and blue coat web sense.
- Hands on experience with the SQL database maintenance logs and database mining procedures.
- Functional knowledge and hands on experience with the Citrix NetScaler, like creating Netscaler IP addresses, enabling packet forwarding, configuring VMACs and route monitors, configuring basic load balancing, basic content switching, some knowledge of FIPS too.
- Experience with RF Engineering Planning.
- Managed fast Layer 3 switched/routed LAN/WAN infrastructure as a part of Network team. The LAN consisted of Cisco campus model of Cisco 3550 at access layer, Cisco 6513 at distribution/core layer.
- Experience with moving data center from one location to another location, from 6500 based data centers to Nexus based data center.
- Switches Replace branch hardware with new 2851 routers and 2960 switches.
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new WAN links.
- Worked on the configuration and installation of arista 7160 series switches.
- Configuring routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, MPBGP, LDP and BGPV4.
- Configuring HSRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels, Port Channel on 6500 Catalyst.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series, experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Worked on the configuration of iRules, and Hands on Experience in configuring F5 objects, components and provisioning various modules like LTM, GTM, ASM, APM.
- Configure VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q & ISL, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Provided proactive threat defense with ASA that stops attacks before they spread through the network.
- Palo Alto Firewall troubleshooting and policy change requests for new IP segments that either come on line or that may have been altered during various planned network changes on the network.
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Responsible for Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Generating RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1/layer2/layer3 problems.
- Worked on Physical site Inventory verification, gather information of various Cisco Network devices and Security Devices to develop Run book and Spec Book.
- Installation of the Aironet 500, 1850, 2800, 3800 series Access Points and their management through the different Wireless Lan Controllers (WLANs)
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco catalyst 6509, 7613 with supervisor cards.
- Used Microsoft project server 2013 for task and resource management.
Environment : Cisco 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/2960/6500 switches and Cisco 3640/12000 7200 / 3845 / 3600 / 2800 routers, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA 500, Checkpoint, SolarWinds, Windows server 2003 / 2008, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP, WAP 561, WAP 571, 1850i, 2800i, 3800e.
Confidential, Weehawken, NJ
- Configured HSRP between VLANs, configuring Ether Channels, Port Channel on 6500 catalyst switches.
- Performed data center migration in Access, Distribution and Core layers.
- Experience working with ASR 9000 series switches with IOS-XR.
- Configured Routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, static routing and policy-based routing.
- Configured and troubleshot link state routing protocols like OSPF in single area and multiple areas.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Configured BPDU Guard, port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features.
- Worked along with the NOC team on the configuration and installation of catalyst switches, routers.
- Provided Technical Support and solutions for network problems.
- Implemented NAT solutions on WAN applications.
- Upgraded IOS, troubleshot network outages.
- Performed configuration and troubleshot EIGRP and BGP.
- Worked on the installation of softphones on the client’s end devices through Cisco IP Communicator.
- Upgraded Cisco ASA 5510 firewalls using 6500/7600 catalyst modules for enhanced performance, security and reliability.
- Worked on the Juniper M&T series switches.
- Implementation and configuration of F5 Big-IP LTM load balancers.
- Provided on-call support for installation and troubleshooting of the configuration issues
- Configured Standard, Extended, and Named Access Lists to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others
- Monitored the network through SolarWinds and taken the necessary troubleshoot procedures.
- Planned and implemented Subnetting, VLSM to conserve IP addresses
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing
- Performed troubleshooting of connectivity problems using PING, and Traceroute
- Provided Technical support for improvement, upgradation, and expansion of the existing network architecture
- Done troubleshooting of TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment.
- IOS upgrade 1900, 2900, 3500 series Cisco Catalyst switches and 2500, 2600, 3600 series Cisco routers using TFTP.
- Migrated IPv4 addresses to IPv6 addresses using mechanisms like Tunnel Broker, Transport Relay Translation (TRT), NAT64, DS-Lite and DNS64.
- Installed and configured DHCP server.
- Configuration and installation of IP phones and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) implementation to enable the communication.
- Performed Binding of LUNS onto the RAID Groups in the Clarion Boxes.
- Worked on the VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V by running several operating systems.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Configured ACLs (Standard, Extended and Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Participated in on call support to troubleshoot the configuration and installation issues.
- Displayed excellent troubleshooting skills and customer centric approach.
Environment: Cisco 3750/3550/3500/2960 Switches and Cisco 3640/12000/7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco Nexus7K/5K, 2248/3560/5020/6509 , Cisco ASA5510, Checkpoint, SolarWinds, Blue Coat Proxy, Controllers 6000, 3600, 3400, 650, Juniper SRX, Microsoft Lync, MPLS, VOIP, SIP, Cisco Unified Video Conferencing, Unix commands, IPV6, Cisco IP phones, Cisco 5500, 6500 series controllers, Avaya3000, 6000, 7200 series Controllers, Cisco IOS CLI.