To obtain a position in an organization where I can enhance my skills and professional experience.
- Versatile Computer Technician with 10+ years of Desktop Support experience.
- An assertive and enthusiastic professional who is focused to work effectively with attention to key priorities and details based on business needs.
- Proven ability to successfully analyze an organization’s critical support requirements, ascertain deficiencies and prospects, and develop solutions for increasing reliability and productivity.
- Eagerness to research and learn about the latest technological aspects related to Cyber Security.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Assist in collecting and maintaining data on FDA applications, databases, servers, and software versions that will be used for testing.
- Demonstrated aptitude to plan, support and oversee technical projects which includes the hardening of network printers and copiers, multifunction devices, deployments of new workstation and handheld devices, writing of standard of operating procedures (SOP).
- Windows XP, 7 & 10
- MS Office Suite
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- HP Service Manager
- Cisco Jabber
- Remote Desktop Services Default Connection
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- MS Lync
- Remote Desktop Connection
- MS Computer Management
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Service Now
- MS Lync
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Computer Analyst /Printers System Administrator
- Broad knowledge of information security and ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with technical and non - technical teams across multiple businesses.
- Work as a System Administrator for the Network Printers-Copiers and Multifunction devices at the Confidential (FDA).
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), to provide personnel involved in configuring or connecting printing-devices to the FDA infrastructure the minimum configuration standards for the device. Therefore, providing a baseline level of security, guaranteeing that minimum security standards are implemented, securing the confidentiality, integrity and availability of FDA resources.
- Responsible for the hardening process, in compliance with the FISMA guidelines, for the Network Printers, Network Copiers and Multifunction Devices (Lexmark, Konica Minolta, Dell, Ricoh, Canon, Xerox and HP).
- Part of the hardening process involves the following tasks:
- Create username and password to give access to the devices only to authorized technician
- Disable unused and unsecured management protocols.
- Proceed with the registration and the licensing of all the devices
- Request and install the new signed certificate for the devices
- Install/Update the firmware and the system patch for the devices
- Participate in the establishment of the guidelines and methods for the installation and management of Network Printers, Network Copiers and Multifunction Devices
- Participate in the development and coordination of projects that maximizes benefits for end-users and stay current with technological novelty.
- Work to define and analyze technology solution requirements. Research existing and new technologies, test solution and system functionality. Document and help solve technical issues.
- Create and publish Meter-Read- Report for network printers and multifunction devices.
- Perform troubleshooting as needed. As such, participate in problem solving effort often involving outside vendors and other support personnel systems.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Deskside Support Technician
- Migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Data back up and data migration
- Evaluate requirements for equipment
- Create the SOP for the migration from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Using the HP Service Manager and ServiceNow products to provide out of the box functionality for Incident Management and Service Desk.
- Install and configure laptop and desktop computers.
- Recommend and perform operating system upgrade
- Implement a Quality System for information technology
- Manage and maintain users account on Active Directory.
- Install and maintain application such as MS Office Suite, Oracle product, HP (Quality Center, Performance Center, and Quick Test Pro…).
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Activate and maintain VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection.
- Activate, maintain and troubleshoot Blackberry and iPhone devices
- Close the minimum of 15 tickets per day.
- Confer activities and action taken with other appropriate Information System Group to escalate unresolved issues.
- Manage end-user permissions
- Trained a team of new computer installers.
- Lead a team of computer installers for a project involved the refresh of more than ten thousand (10.000+) computers and Blackberries.
Confidential, Hagerstown, MD
Computer Technician/ PC Installer
- Installed, diagnosed, maintained and repaired information technology infrastructure including but not limited to workstations, printers, scanners and networking equipment.
- Provided quality software and hardware support for more than 300 end-users
- Proficiently troubleshoot and resolved incidents using the incident management system
- Identified and learned appropriate software applications relevant to the organization
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Provided onsite and remote assistance to more than 250 end-users
- Troubleshoot applications related problems, including but not limited to MS Office Suite, WordPerfect.
- Installed and maintained Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000
- Installed and configured stand alone and network printers