- Systems Administration professional with about 14 years’ experience, including:
- The management of large data center enterprise environment (over 1100 servers)
- Extensive knowledge in configuring, supporting and maintaining large production environment (8,000 + devices) including Windows and Unix Servers
- Implementation of centralized management systems for enterprise storage
- Implementation the migration of Exchange 2010 to Office 365 with Skype for Business
- Extensive knowledge of standard and enterprise hosting platforms
- Management of EMC Networker backup system and data replication to remote locations
- Management of infrastructure design and expansion for data center environment and ediscovery processing and on - line document review
- Management of large enterprise environments in development, testing and production stages
- Administration of day-to-day server operations and maintenance, including application of patches, upgrades, hot fixes, monitoring vulnerability intrusion detection and over all security
- Extensive knowledge in backup, disaster recovery, SAN, NAS, and tape libraries
- Management and handling of sensitive data using disk encryptions and chain of custody
- Knowledge of system development life cycle (SDLC) concept and procedures
- Change management, technical reviews and documentation
- Management of the stability of critical processes which receive and process sensitive data.
- Management and planning of projects with deadlines and meeting SLAs
- Implementation and enforcement of information security policies and procedures
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience managing and supporting a variety of different technologies
- Installing and configuring on UCS hardware
- Recognized for ability to identify and understand complex technologies and applying them to business needs
- Ability to research and develop system specification, compatibility, and best practices
- Substantial customer relations work, dedicated, innovative, self-motivated team player
- Excellent customer relationships, communications, multi-tasking, interpersonal, intuitive, technical, analytical, organizational, problem solving and leadership skills
System Administrator/Team Lead
- Successfully install and configure Windows Server 2008, 2012, O/S, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, back-up, and replication software, as well as Symantec Endpoint Protection software on new servers based on industry best practices in a Network Operations Center.
- Maintain and manage system backups with the use of Symantec NetBackup and EMC Networker and EMC Data Domain.
- Maintaining systems regularly by applying recommended patches, service packs and updates to environments at all times, including off-hours/weekend deployments via Confidential Bigfix
- Maintain and manage desktop, laptop and server images with the use of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
- Migration of on prem MS Exchange to 0365.
- Create Powershell scripts to automate system monitoring functions for increased efficiency
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance of application packaging using InstallShield.
- Manage Windows 10 migration project from Windows 7 OS.
- Create, enforce and update IT Security policies and run Security vulnerability scans as needed
- Manage and maintain processes and procedures for the management of the entire server infrastructure including Active Directory, MS Exchange and Citrix servers.
- Provide 2nd level technical support for Helpdesk and Desktop support teams.
- Monitor network devices and websites with monitoring tool ScienceLogic EM7 and Solarwinds.
- Implement and design cloud environments with focus on Microsoft Azure.
- Support web servers configuration, troubleshooting, SSL maintenance and support for Microsoft IIS, JBOSS, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat applications in test and production web hosting environments
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Lead Systems Administrator for the Confidential .
- Responsible for Managing Infrastructure, System Security, Backup, and Disaster Recovery
- Managed and installed security software components for both desktop and infrastructure servers using Symantec, TrendMicro Antivirus Servers and clients. Active Directory
- Worked on managing and transferring sensitive data using disk encryptions and chain of custody
- Installed and configured Windows Server /IA64, Windows 2003 Server x64/IA64
- perating systems and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 including post operating
- system automated installations of supporting software: HP Support Packs, Microsoft Service PacksHotfixes and Updates for Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Designed and developed an automated deployment / imaging solution for Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2007/XP based on a custom build
- Identified areas of improvement to processes and procedures and worked with different teams to implement
- Worked on incident and change management processes, including root cause analysis
- Supported and coordinated changes with different teams within the project
- Supported and administered Windows Server 2003/2008 and supported hardware effort, including the implementation of new equipment (Dell, Confidential and HP servers), SAN, and Backup Systems
- Worked with developers and support engineers to insure Windows IIS production critical processes were available during production hours
- Migrated Microsoft Exchange Servers from
- Supported the implementation of third party applications through production stages
Systems Administrator - Team Lead
- Configured and Managed HP Openview Client Automation Enterprise(Radia) Enterprise Application
- Patched and updated over 8000 clients including servers, workstations and laptops
- Provided day-to-day system administration, and new deployments of operation systems
- Tested and evaluated Hardware, and maintained system documentation such as As-Built
- Performed routine server maintenance and performed hardware and software diagnostics
- Used Virtual box, VMware, ESX virtual center, Citrix
- Worked to set up Data center and Infrastructure - Involved in design and build of new projects, including provisioning, network setup, server configuration, installation of applications, running security scans and security check list.
- Created scripts for silent installation of Financial and COTS applications
- Coordinated and implemented system changes with management and staff
- Automated processes, tasks and schedules for Applications, OS and Patch deployments
- Prepared proposals for expansion, upgrades and cost estimates
- Worked to set up baseline, run security scans and QA prior to production
- Prepared and developed documentations for security compliance and support
- Developed new ideas for system improvements and better performance
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Implemented and enforced information security policies and procedures
- Created users accounts in Novell and Active Directory
- Configured and managed Microsoft Exchange Servers
- Provisioned and built customized Operation systems for deployment
- Conducted upgrades and migrations of web servers and application servers
- Installed, recovered and renewed digital certificates
- Supported PKI applications, including RSA secure ID
- Monitored systems and applications with EM7
- Worked on backup and recovery of critical files and data with the use of Symantec Netbackup
- Worked on the installation, configuration and testing of SCSI device such as hard drives, and backup tape drives
- Implemented RAID 1 and RAID 5 on mission critical servers such as domain controllers and file servers
- Managed and monitored critical production servers and network, analyzed alerts using various tools, including Confidential Tivoli, Nagios and HP openview. Also, prioritized severity of the alerts and utilized the escalation procedure
- Performed System administration tasks, installation of patches and security updates
- Investigated bottlenecks and slowness in CPU, Disk, Memory and provided recommendations for improving performance
- Worked to set up and configure routers, switches, firewalls and other network devices
- Installed, configured and managed Windows NT 4.0/2000/2003 servers
- Checked remote web servers and important websites to verify network and internet availability
- NOC lead and managing daily tasks. Assigning tasks, training new members and provide technical guidance.
- Team Lead for 4-6 data center engineers in provisioning new medium and large dedicated and enterprise solutions, supporting and maintaining production servers for a large data center that has national and international clients. Supporting Co-location clients and performing work orders (Managed Services).
- Wrote and maintained documentation of procedures, user guidelines and system operations