- Expert Information Security Professional, Cyber Security Engineer, and Team Lead with over twelve years of experience in diverse and challenging commercial and healthcare environments while pursuing a in Information Technology.
- A proven track record of excellence in leveraging training, education, and experience to secure organizational objectives ensuring nothing less than absolute and total mission completion.
- Security Engineering Vulnerability Management Computer Network Defense Security Architecture Threat Intelligence Endpoint Management
Hands - on experience configuring PKI, IPS, Web Proxy, VPN, and centralized log systems with knowledge of security and networking tools including Qualys, Symantec DLP, Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP14), Symantec VIP, Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE), Sophos XG, Sourcefire, Infoblox, VMware, Virus Total, Altiris, Airwatch, Solarwinds, QRadar, Zscaler, Wireshark, ServiceNow, and Splunk
Security Engineer, Principal
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Directly responsible for managing international 24/7 vulnerability scanning for a 2 billion dollar global software engineering firm. Team lead supervising 3 engineers in dispersed geographic regions
- Execute patching and vulnerability management through threat intelligence for rapid implementations according to the organizational priorities of executive leadership.
- Deployed cloud architecture in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and IBM Softlayer for server/endpoint vulnerability scanning with the Qualys detection platform.
- Directly responsible for 50% reduction in commodity malware & 75% reduction in source code loss.
- Supported the consolidation of managed security service providers and geographic reorganization of cyber security operations overseas resulting in fiscal savings of over $1.5 million annually.
- Responded to over 10,000 security engineering support requests including two factor authentication (2FA), vulnerability management, public key infrastructure (PKI), secure content gateway, and data loss prevention (DLP) with 99.8% SLA compliance for response/resolution.
- Key member of implementation team for GDPR breach monitoring team via custom configuration of endpoint, network and email via data loss prevention (DLP), secure content gateway (SCG), and asset monitoring.
- Recommended security architectural improvements with over 15 business case justifications for security training, email security gateway, malware detection, threat intelligence, user behavior analytics (UBA), PII Loss (GDPR), insider threat, endpoint security controls.
- Improved organizational capability maturity model (CMM) as evidenced by an IBM security posture assessment of 4.7/5.
- Supported over 10 cross - department cyber security readiness exercises and drills.
- Developed, implemented, and optimized over 25 security operations center workflows.
Cyber Security Consultant
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Directly responsible for supporting the Confidential split from Symantec resulting in the establishment of a 2 billion dollar software engineering firm.
- Provided tier-3 support for two-factor authentication systems and Symantec Data Center Security ( Confidential ) platforms.
- Administered Qualys vulnerability scanning on newly provisioned systems in test, quality assurance (QA) and production environments.
Information Technology Specialist
Confidential, Yarmouth, MA
- Maintained information technology hardware, software, and endpoint support for an organization of 5,000 healthcare professionals in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Managed highly confidential electronic medical records storage and retention program.
- Supported organizational compliance and auditing functions.