Customer service oriented, dependable, responsible, executive level professional with 15+ years of experience in, but not limited to, financial management, administrative support, customer service, project and office management, and all aspects of business administration. Learns new concepts quickly, works well under pressure, and communicates ideas clearly and effectively.
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
Virtual Administrative Administrator
- Performs a variety of highly complex administrative tasks for Information Technology, Research Services and Finances.
- Provides administrative coordination and support in the operations and projects of the group.
- Performs complex and confidential duties relating to financial and personnel issues.
- Oversees, coordinates, maintains and processes sensitive documents including payroll, budgets, procurement, travel, reimbursements, human resources documentation etc. for Confidential .
- Assists with hiring efforts of the group, includes submitting documents for hiring process, scheduling interviews, tracking progress through online human resouce system.
- Maintains part - time hire documents, creates and submits hourly rate sheets and overload contracts.
- Tracks hours worked and budgetary expenses. Processes termination documents.
- Oversees and provides system-related functions including scheduled and special reports, correspondence and data-base management.
- Assists with reporting procedures, maintenance of departmental records and inventories.
- Performs various administrative tasks including maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments, setting up webinars and online meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing authorizations and reimbursements for travel.
- Arranges and coordinates meeting, luncheon, conferences and special events for the group.
- Monitors budgets, submits requisitions, processes and submits budget documents.
- Assists in the procurement process for the group specifically as it relates to equipment and supplies.
- Participates as a member of Confidential Leadership and Expanded Leadership and other group and committees as requested.
- Serves as a liaison for the CFO and President of Confidential to members and other internal and external constituents.
- Coordinates and attends committees and meetings as requested.
- Develops and prepares agendas and minutes for meetings.
- Serves as informational resource to internal and external contacts.
- Provides detailed information requiring some interpretation of guidelines and policies for group.
- Researches and resolves questions, problems and complaints.
- Assists in proofing and/or preparing correspondance for the unit.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Manage the day-to-day operations of two stores, including the acquisition and operation of shipping & receiving departments in two Confidential . recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff. managing budgets. maintaining statistical and financial rerecords. dealing with customer queries and complaints. verseeing pricing and stock control. maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so. ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation. preparing promotional materials and displays.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment: Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of shipment.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Assist workers in shipping and receiving activities.
- Coordinate details of parcel and freight deliveries for events, such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Attended pre-conference meetings as requested and monthly planning meeting.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- To Verify that all charges posted from the POS Software, SPA software had reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Follow the End of Day / Night Audit Checklist.
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate PMS, typewriters, and other front office equipment's.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed.
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services.
- Understand and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
Independent Insurance Consultant
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- Install bookkeeping systems and resolve system problems.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Plan and oversee in corporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.