- Over 26 years of combined experience in the commercial (13yrs) and federal space (3yrs DoD & 10yrs IC), with active participation in all aspects of enterprise infrastructures design, configuration, integration, engineering, professional service engagements and project management.
- Though troubleshooting knowledge and enterprise scaling consistent with multiple operating system platforms; with extensive knowledge of various physical and virtual infrastructure hardware profiles, configuration, system life cycle management and software products consistence with standard business functionally and complex enterprise, configuration, maintenance and management tools and utilities suites.
- Have directly or indirectly support over 25 federal agencies during his thirteen - year career as a contractor with many of these years in the Intelligence Community.
- Over 12 years program/project management experience in the commercial (6 yrs) and federal space (1yr DoD & 5yrs IC). I have built project plans, created and managed WBS, defined and met critical milestone, provided detailed project cost management analysis and has successfully completed projects on schedule and within budget.
- I have provided timely project updates to all levels of management, senior executive officers and government officials within the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and private sector companies.
- Over 11 years network and system integration and engineering experience in the commercial (5 yrs) and federal space (1yr DoD & 5yrs IC); in enterprise infrastructure architecture, design, documentation, deployment of infrastructure management & tuning utilities, for a variety of functionality from conceptual prototyping to robust enterprise scaling.
- Honored as a formal presenter at the FBI iTECH conference in 2009 & 2010 at the request of the FBI CIO Chad Fulcrum.
- Conducted site and remote BigFix training, that encompasses all facets of the BigFix product suites, specific to unique customer’s environmental operational requirements.
Networks / Operating System: VM Ware (vSphere) ESX/ESXi 3.x, 4.x & 5.X, Windows NT Server; 3.51, 4.0, 2000, 2003 & 2008/R2 Standard/Enterprise/Datacenter. NT Workstation; 4.0, 2000/XP/Vista/Win7 32 & 64 bit, Windows NT DHCP/WINS/DNS, VPN (2000 AS), IIS 4.0, 5.x, 6.x & 7.x WEB/FTP, MS-Proxy 2.0, MS-Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003 & 2007, MS-SQL 7.0, 2000, 2005 & 2008/R2, Services/Servers.SUN Solaris (SPARC 2.6, 2.8; Intel 2.8, 2.9, 2.10) & Linux (Red Hat 6.5 & Mandrake 7.x, 8.x & 9.x). Novell Version 3.1x, 4.1 & GroupWise 5.x. Windows 95/98/ME/XP/7/8/10 Home & Pier to Pier Network, Window 3.1x, DOS (All Versions), Mac OS, True 64, PIC 64.
Software: IEM/Tivoli Endpoint Management (BIGFIX) 7.2, 8.x & 9.x, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007, Symantec End Point, McAfee ePolicy 3.6 & 4.x, IPSonar 4.3, VM Ware Control Centre, VM DRS, VM VMotion, VM High Availability (HA), VM Ware Workstation 5.0 & 5.5, LANDesk Management Suite 8.x, LANDesk Patch Management 8.x, LANDesk System & Server Managers 8.x, Symantec Enterprise Firewall 7.0, Altiris Deployment Server, Vertias Backup Exec & Net Backup, IBM Director, Compaq/HP Insight Manager, HP Openview 8.x (Solaris), AR System 5.x (Remedy)BEA Web Logic, Sun One Portal, Oracle Collaboration Suite, MS-Share Point & Team Web Service.
MS: Word (All Versions), Word Perfect (All Versions), AMI-Pro
MS: Excel (All Versions), Lotus 123, Quattro Pro
MS: Access (All Versions), File Maker Pro 4.x, Dbase, DataEase, Paradox, Fox Pro, Super Base
Visual Studio Developer 2005, MS: Visual Studios 6, Adobe Photo Shop, Adobe Illustrator, Quark Express, Corel Draw, Corel Paint, Front Page 97/98/2000/XP, Internet Explorer 2.0 to current, Netscape 1.0 to current, Norton Anti-Virus, Norton Utilities (DOS 6.0 thru 8.0) (Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP), Quicken, Quick Books Pro, MS-WorksHardware: HP Blade servers, IBM Bladecenter, Dell Blades, Dell PowerEdge, SUN BLADES, SUN FIRES. Routers, Firewalls, Bridges, Hubs and Switches All single and multiple core processor Mother Board configuration, from 8086 to Latest Dual & Multi-Core Processors, Alpha, MIPS, SPARC, PPC, BIOS, CMOS (All) & Boot PROMs Internal Controller Card (ISA, EISA, VLB, PCI, AGP, PCI-Express) All SATA/SAS SCSI Device Card for Internal and External Hard Drive and other SCSI & USB Devices
Confidential, Laurel, MD
BigFix SME/ Engineer/Consultant (Contractor)
- Provided varying degrees of BIGFIX SME and consulting services to multiple Confidential existing and potential customers and projects.
- Provided Bigfix and system operations best practice mentoring to junior and senior level engineers and system administrators as a trusted channel to expand their skills and knowledge.
- Developed and Created BigFix centric training materials for CAS Servern and their customers.
- Performed onsite and remote BigFix training for CAS Servern customers, that encompasses all facets of the BigFix product suites, designed specific to each customer’s unique environmental operational requirements.
- Developed, created and implement a multitude of customer specific SOP documentation in alignment with existing customer procedures and process for system level patch management, and security compliance posture.
- Architect, implemented and documented, existing, new and migrated of multiple Bigfix 9.5 environments from inception to function productions environment implementations.
- Created and implemented MS project schedules for the implementation and migration of the Bigfix product in both production and test environments.
- Architected and implemented a cloud based Bigfix environment as a Managed Services Practice (MSP) for Confidential, as a service offering for external business, that allows remote, patch, inventory and security management of their client endpoints.
- Developed, tested and implemented various software deployment packages, upgrades, replacements and migrations of COTS products within the customer’s environment with custom BigFix Fixlets.
- Created and implemented various custom Bigfix managed and analysis data gathering properties, computer groups, Sites and Fixlets, using Bigfix Relevance Language to achieve customer specific required results.
- Developed, designed and documented varying types of Bigfix reports as defined by the specific organization requirement to achieve desired auditing objectives for system inventory of (hardware/software/system settings), software licensing compliance and overall system security compliance postures.
- Defined, implemented and performed routine preventative maintenance best practices for BigFix production environments
- Architect, documented and implemented varying approaches of patch management methodologies in accordance with customer specific operational procedure and process practices.
- Conducted a variety of enterprise environmental troubleshooting and discover activities, and provided corrective approach methods that aligned with existing operational practices.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr. BigFix SME/ Engineer (Contractor)
- Over 200K deployments to 74% of the known and regularly communicating 2900 NHLBI Desktops, Laptops & Servers managed Bigfix objects, during a calendar period of less than 10 months.
- Shifted the monthly Microsoft Security OS, Microsoft Office and 3rd party patches from multiple intolerably coolidge of inconsistent email communications, popup messages and high impact reboots over numerous days and user group segments; to a simplified and unified low system and user impact experience.
- Increased workstation security posture from slightly below 45% compliant to over 94% in approximately 6 month period.
- Created Custom content accomplishing unique out of the box solutions to meet customer unique requirements.
- Provided innovated techniques and previously unconsidered methods of product use to accomplish complicated and time sensitive enterprise change or enhancements like workstation computer object migration from a stand-a-lone child domain to the NIH.GOV parent domain.
- Illustrated the value that Big Fix provides to perform other vendor product replacement or upgrades with higher level of granular control, consistent and predictable results, even against complex deployment schedules and shorter time lines.
- Provided an in-depth level of insight and validation of the amount information gathering and data point correlation Bigfix provides to understand the known enterprise, physical and security posture. Analyzed and documented NHLBI/NIH existing infrastructure and enterprise patch management solution using IBM's BigFix/Tivoli and other tools.
- Constructed multi-phased project management plans to re-architect and executed the BigFix/Tivoli architecture to overcome inherent configuration issues from less than desirable implementations.
- Created customized documentation and process model to optimize client patch management methodologies.
- Performed a risk analysis related to local Bigfix Relays and network available bandwidth; recommendation to Re-engineered BigFix architecture increase network and deployment efficiencies, including external endpoints management via the DMZ relay placement.
- Implemented optimized configuration changes increasing security compliance foot print for over 3,000 managed devices.
- Tuned BigFix/Tivoli deployment scripts to increase deployment/reporting efficiencies and decrease network congestion.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
BIGFIX/TEM Consultant / Lead Technical Analyst
- Analyzed and documented Marriott's existing infrastructure and enterprise management solution using IBM's BigFix/Tivoli and other tools.
- Constructed multi-phased multi-year project management plans to expedite redeployment of Marriott's BigFix/Tivoli architecture.
- Created customized training material to optimize client patch management methodologies.
- Mapped the Marriott physical network infrastructure using personal intellectual property.
- Performed a risk analysis related to local Bigfix Relays and network available bandwidth; created and executed plan to reduce overall bandwidth consumption and increasing infrastructure manageability for over 7,500 Marriott properties.
- Re-engineered BigFix architecture increase network and deployment efficiencies
- Implemented optimized configuration changes increasing security compliance foot print for over 90,000 managed devices.
- Tuned BigFix/Tivoli deployment scripts to increase deployment/reporting efficiencies and decrease network congestion.
- Re-engineered BigFix architecture relay communication flow maximizing endpoint management and reporting.
- Briefed to Marriott leadership the added value and benefits of new enhancement of the current BigFix/Tivoli product for their consideration and implementation.
- Created as customized reports for each plan's phase to brief senior Marriott leadership on status and health of the BigFix/Tivoli architecture and Marriott's infrastructure.
Sr. Systems Engineer / ACSS Project Technical Lead
- Provide technical system integration & engineering oversight of the Allied Collaboration Shared Service (ACSS) solution.
- Provide technical project oversight across the entire life-cycle; including research, identifying solution, interacting with vendors, setting up and testing hardware and applications in a lab environment.
- I prepare certification and accreditation documentation, supporting all certification and accreditation testing, and working with executive agents during the deployment of capabilities.
- I draft white papers, presentations, talking points, meeting notes and other written products as well as briefing project details to various governance boards and executive-level audiences.
BIGFIX Project Manager
- Identified and established the foundation for the procurement of the BIGFIX enterprise management suite of approximately 100k endpoints at the FBI, which evolved into a DoJ Enterprise wide licensing agreement of 180k+ endpoint of all DoJ sub components and instantiated the means for an ongoing IDI professional services engagement of 15 FTE an expected growth of 11 additional FTE by FY12
- Responsible for the daily oversight and management of 6 IDI system engineers who provide direct support to the health and maintenance of 11 unique BIGFIX enterprise management infrastructures at the FBI.
- Provided Microsoft and 3rd party application deployment and patch management for the entire Enterprise of 100k+ endpoints at the FBI
- Created over 100 unique custom data gathering points to meet the special needs of the FBI and other DoJ components from managed endpoints.
- Architected, implemented, integrated, deployed and documented the BIGFIX core infrastructure for the FBI for 11 unique infrastructures providing over 90% of the BIGFIX functional components.
- Architected the proto-type and conceptual design of a Web based software distribution console, leveraging the BIGFIX infrastructure allowing the deployment of approved software application to end-users workstations without the need to engage the FBI Tier one support staff, which was officially developed by the IDI FBI BIGFIX support team and has been adopted enterprise wide.
- Conducted BIGFIX web reports training to various contractors and government personnel.
- Create and provide weekly project status briefing to senior government executives, which define the overall health and welfare of each of the 11 unique infrastructures mission objectives and security compliance posture.
- Presenter at the FBI annual Information Technology & Engineering Conference (ITEC) in 2009 & 2010 to provide BIGFIX product awareness and enterprise benefits to over 600 FBI’s ITS & ET professionals.
- Conduct and attend various engineering and management meeting which explore and define the requirement necessary to meet both the short and long term mission objectives of the FBI infrastructure mission objectives and security compliance posture.
Sr. Technical Manager/ UNET IDI Team Lead/Sr. UNET Active Directory Specialist
- Developed / implemented McAfee ePO compliancy plan for UNET enterprise consisting of over 30,000 systems, providing weekly compliancy progress reports to the leadership
- Create, modify and implement Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Group Policy, updates, modification and critical patches to Servers and Workstations supporting the UNET infrastructure.
- Provided Tier 3 support resolving UNET community base help desk tickets for the UNET Network Team, user base and Server team.
- Troubleshooting and tuning of UNET DHCP & DNS Services.
- Built VMWare based Microsoft server to support UNET’s functional mission to the user community
- Built MS-SCCM evaluation platform as the foundation for production implementation
- Support VMWare infrastructure production tuning and growth enhancements
- Convert MS HyperVisor servers to VMWare Infrastructure Servers
Senior Technical Manager
- Provide technical management to the IV&V practice, system engineering, integration, architecture, technical writing, product evaluation and competitive trade analysis for ID customer and proposals efforts.
- System engineering, integration, architecture, technical proposal writing, product evaluation and competitive trade analysis for IDI customer and proposals efforts
- VMWare Infrastructure design, architecture, performance tuning and business development for existing and future ID customers
- Provide technical management and daily maintenance of the GTC Development Environment and Integration Labs consisting of Web servers, Application Servers, Oracle Collaboration and Oracle Databases for both UNIX/Windows operating systems.
- Provide daily environment support to Geoscout developers, troubleshooting Web and UNIX/Windows development environments and Integration with the Geoscout application baseline.
- Create installation scripts to streamline software deployments and configuration.
- Conduct COTS trade studies and evaluations.
- Attend various technical meetings, providing activity status, technical knowledge and assisting in the coordination effort to complete tasks.
Systems Integrator / System Engineering /
- Developing a Web based application providing documentation and FAQ to the USMC personal regarding the C4-I Software Suite.
- Providing system engineering and integration to the C4-I Suite support for the USMC Extreme Fighting Vehicle (EFV).
- Develop engineering concepts increasing deployment time of the C4-I Software Suite for future releases to the USMC EFV.
- Provide system Integration & Administration level support to the C4-I Testers and other EFV team members.
- Created VB Scripts to automate repetitive deployment procedures reducing human errors and increasing the image deployment/implementation process of the EFV C4-I suite.
- Prototype a Virtual Infrastructure (VM WARE) proof of concept, supporting the USMC EFV dynamically evolving hardware configurations and multiply operating system, providing robust flexibility, failover and high availability during vehicle operation.
Systems Web Developer / Integrator / DBA
- Stood up a Virtual environment, that mimicked the DIA infrastructure increasing the rapid prototyping of the HACIC web application initiative.
- Developed a web based interactive application prototype for the DIA/DH HACIC program.
- Assisting the re-coding the HACIC website using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express to support ASP.NET from Microsoft Front Page server extensions.
- Provided briefing slides for the quarterly HACIC program review.
- Held meetings with the GPMO, gather HACIC web application requirements.
- Provided technical resource requirements matrix to the customer’s systems group, in order support the ASP.NET version of the HACIC web application.
Systems Integrator / System Administrator
- Designed & architected HSDN Network Operation Centers (NOC) infrastructure from concept to production.
- Implemented the LANDesk Management Suite to Manage & Monitor HSDN Infrastructure components.
- Developed & implemented COTS integration strategies between the various Infrastructure management & monitoring COTS suites and many end-user application services, residing within both Microsoft & Solaris Environments.
- Support detailed design of the Network Operations Center (NOC) management and monitoring tool set. Includes identification of all tools necessary to monitor and manage the HSDN network in accordance with HSDN requirements.
- Develop appropriate architectural diagrams and design documentation including functional overview diagrams, specification of applications and service platforms, data input/outputs, interfaces between applications as appropriate, product trade studies, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Service and Support staff to design and implement the NOC management tools solution to support their CONOPS and provide training to the NOC operators.
- Work collaboratively with the Information Security staff to design and implement the NOC management tools solution in accordance with all security requirements and standards identified and approved for HSDN.
- Created and managed baseline workstation and server images within virtual workspaces (VMWARE), allowing for timely regression testing of patches and new product deployments and integrations.
- Provide support for the design and implementation of a LANDesk based solution for creating, deploying, and maintaining desktop/workstation software and security policy configurations.
- Responsible for providing Tier 2 and 3 operational support of LANDesk, NOC management & monitoring system, and maintenance of desktop/workstation configuration.