- Over 8+ years of experience specialized in System Administration working on Redhat Linux, Solaris, Suse Linux, AIX, Cent OS and Windows environments.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Experience in administering Solaris & Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, Support of Sun Solaris & Linux.
- Experience maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESXi, VSphere and VCenter.
- Experience on AWS and Azure Cloud technologies.
- Experience on provisioning, allocating the storage to linux and windows instances and doing other security relevant configuration in these instances.
- Experience installing, configuring, administrating, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup/recovery and upgrading Linux (Red Hat & SuSE) in large environments
- Experience performing LVM tasks like creating Physical volumes, Volume groups, Logical Volumes and file system
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by WebSphere Heap Size, garbage collection
- Extensive experience in Shell scripting using Bash, Python and Powershell
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS, FTP
- Experience in transferring files securely Via the Network - SCP
- Performed migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using VMotion and Storage VMotion.0
- Experience installing and updating packages from the network, Remote Repository, or Local Filesystem.
- Strong Working Knowledge of Network Protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Datacenter Operations including hardware, software setup monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Good exposure to Storage Solutions like SAN, NAS.
- Experience in Veritas NetBackup Management, scheduling the backup policies and
- Experience in DevOps for designing and architecting solutions for Software Configuration Management (Build, Release and Deployment Management, CI/CD , Application Environment Management) and Incident Management.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
- Experience on Jenkins , Cloud Foundry, and OpenStack for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible , Puppet.
- Experience with version control tools like GIT.
System Administration: Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, SUSE, AIX, Mac OS X, Windows, Solaris, VMware
AWS Cloud Tools: EC2, Elastic Load: balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, DynamoDB, DMS, VPC, DirectConnect, Route53, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, EMR ELB, RDS, AMI.
Version Control Systems: GIT, Subversion, Gitlab
Programming/Languages: C, C++, Python, Unix/Linux Scripting, HTML, SQL, Shell Scripting
Configuration/Build and Release: Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker
Web Tools/Technologies: Apache, IIS, Apache Tomcat, Ngnix
Databases: Oracle, Mysql, Cassandra
Tools: and Utilities: Nagios, Datadog, Nagios, Kibana, logstash, Monit, collectd, Elastic search, SQL Developer. Zabbix, DNS, DHCP, FTP, NFS, TLS/SSL, SSH, Rsync, Squid, IPtables
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Installing and configuring Linux Servers using jumpstart and Red Hat Linux 5.x 6.x 7.x using kick start installation.
- Experience building new servers which includes rack mounting, installation and securing of OS, installing & configuring, job scheduling of various OS-native and third party tools.
- Installation, configuration of Oracle 11g RAC for multiple computers to use single database.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers.
- Involved in Server sizing and identifying, recommending optimal server hardware based on User requirements.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Storage Foundation Suite: Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System, Veritas Cluster Server.
- Performed patching and OS upgrades (rebuilds) using Redhat Satellite 6.X and associate hardware break/fix , triage and software Installations related to the patching and OS upgrade activities.
- Provided day to day build support in an environment consisting of thousands of Solaris, Linux servers for a 24x7 demanding trading division with emphasis on responsiveness and project ownership.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2 , AMI, EBS Cloud watch, AWS Config, Auto-scaling, IAM user management and AWS S3.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Provided rotational on call responsibilities to support issues that arises as the result of patching, upgrades or server rebuilds performed by the team.
- Experience in devops for automating, building, deploying, managing as Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment using Dockers, Containers, Jenkins, Puppet from on environment to another environment
- Responsible for automation of key Unix Systems administration tasks such as User admin, scripting , setting up connectivity, backup and automation scripting and keeping system documentation up to date.
- Experience working with Puppet, Chef, Ansible for automation, testing and deployment.
- Worked on weekly decommission process on enterprise wide servers in based on request from customers, take all necessary due diligence before shutting the servers.
- Worked and performed data-center operations including rack mounting, cabling.
- Communication with customers, data center personals and Vendors on decommissioned based servers.
- RPM and YUM package installations, OS patching and other server management using Red hat Satellite.
- Attended team meetings , change control meetings to update installation progress , and for upcoming change in environment.
- Documented installation procedures, changes required in present environment and Provide server remediation to ensure all vulnerabilities have been addressed.
Confidential, Eagan, MN
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x& 7.x, Ubuntu and Sun Solaris systems 9, 10.
- Worked on Virtualizing Red hat servers using vSphere 6.0 and managed ESX servers using vCenter and worked with ESX Cluster and VMotion.
- Perform backups, file replication, and script managements for servers.
- Build and configure more than 2000+ Redhat Linux physical and virtual servers for Confidential disaster recovery site.
- Creating and deploying a VMs in vCenter / Deploying a Bare metal server for databases through Confidential UCS, Building Virtual Machines, Cloning & Migrating and Adding processors, RAM, NIC, disks to the VMs.
- Registered all the servers in Redhat Satellite 6 and performed necessary patches.
- Working on building the Linux RHEL servers and Windows servers using VRA Catalogs & blueprints and VRO for ISO templates.
- Working on monitoring larger scale servers on Vmware-vsphere and installing monitoring agents.
- Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting VMware ESX 5.5/5.0/4.1 Hosts, VSphere.
- P2V and V2V conversions by using VMware Converter.
- Updated ESXi hosts in Prod/Dev/UAT/QA environments with newly released patches and driver extensions using VMware vCenter Update Manager.
- Deployed Virtual machines, configured them with IP, installed VMware Tools and hardware.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server.
- Providing continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, historical and real time performance monitoring of the Tomcat/JBOSS server environments.
- Automation for bringing up hundreds of linux VM's in xenserver.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes
- Working on infoblox for assigning IP addresses and host name registrations for Linux and windows servers.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6/7 using RPM & YUM.
- Hands on experience in creating volumes and managing filesystems using LVM.
- Involved in creating new users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories & files.
- Monitoring the CPU utilization and disk space and memory in Linux machines.
- Managed Virtual Memory and swap space on RedHat Linux Servers.
- We have done a Documentation part for the database servers like oracle 11g and 12g.
- Service Now SME for deployments on Incident, Change, Release, Configuration and Problem Management.
- Create plan and deploy Nagios monitoring server environment. Manage Nagios High Availability solution.
- Obtained experience working in an enterprise DNS/DHCP environment.
- Installed and Configured RedHat Linux Kickstart and Solaris jumpstart Servers.
- Develop methods to automate routine infrastructure tasks such as deployment and maintenance duties using Ansible.
- Experience in volume and filesystem management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Experience working with HP and IBM Blade centers to consolidate data centers.
- Installed and configured various software applications and packages such as Apache, WebLogic, Oracle 11g & 12c.
- Managed user accounts and groups on a large scale in LDAP.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
- Involved with the deployment teams in troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production on 24/7 schedule.
Confidential, Albuquerque, NM
- Installation and Configuration of Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x and SE Linux servers.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache Tomcat Web Application servers.
- Performing Nessus Scan on quarterly basis to scan for vulnerabilities in Web and Application servers.
- Applying patches to fix the holes that are found during the quarterly scan basis using Nessus scan.
- Upgraded and maintained operating Systems on various servers,.
- Install, configure and administered various networking tasks as NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Send mail, apache, ftp, sshd. Managed Net-App Storage and implemented RAID.
- Administrate SUN SPARC servers running Solaris 9,weblogic 8.1 and oracle 9.2, Solaris volume manager, VERITAS cluster server, file system and volume manager, Configuring and optimizing open-iSCSI in RHES for SAN.
- Install and troubleshooting of host firewall IP Tables for Redhat Linux and Centos.
- Performed TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP administration.
- Setting up of Oracle 10g server in Linux/Unix environment.
- Developing basic shell and python scripts used to automate day-to- day administrative tasks.
- Installed and monitored administering and monitoring tools such as Webmin and Nagios.
- Maintained and monitored operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on a day-to- day basis.
- Administered Backup and Restore operations using Veritas Net-Backup application.
- Monitored and fine-tuning network performance for server environments running Solaris, Redhat Linux.
- Troubleshooting various system related problems such as application related issues, network related issues, hardware related issues etc.
- Experience managing various file systems using LVM and SVM and also configured filesystems through network technologies as NFS, NAS, SAN methodologies and setting up of various RAID spaces.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Unix/ Linux Administrator
- Installation and administration of RHEL 5, 6 and Cent OS 5.
- Installation, configuration, administration of Solaris 9,10 on SPARC based servers using Jumpstart, worked on T. M series servers.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Redhat Satellite server.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Performed capacity analysis, monitored and controlled disk space usage on systems.
- Monitored system activities and fine tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems..
- Creating profiles, manifests for new servers, and pushing them to servers using puppet.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools and utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation scripts.
- Creating virtual machines using Xen and deploying OS, managing hardware.
- Creating, installing, Weblogic Application servers, deploying WAR, JAR files on them installed on both Linux, Solaris servers.
- Installing, configuring Jboss 4.3 on Linux, Unix servers, integrating it with Apache server.
- Worked with project manager and auditing teams to implement PCI, SOX compliance.
- Management and monitoring of various services using Service Management Facility and Service Administration.
- Installing, configuring Veritas Netbackup 6.5 on linux, solaris servers, creating backup polices.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Worked on resolving production issues and documenting Root Cause Analysis and updating the tickets using BMC Remedy.
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Unix/ Linux Administrator
- Installation, Configuration, Upgradation and administration of Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux.
- User account management and support.
- Jumpstart & Kick-start OS integration, DDNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Network traffic control, IPSec, Quos, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Confidential Hardware via Red Hat Linux Software.
- Responsible for configuring and managing Squid server in Linux.
- Configuration and Administration of NIS environment.
- Managing file systems and disk management using Solstice Disksuite.
- Log file was managed for troubleshooting and probable errors.
- Responsible for reviewing all open tickets, resolve and close any existing tickets.
- Document solutions for any issues that have not been discovered previously