- 7 Years of experience in DevOps Methodologies and focused on Automation of Build, Deployment, Environment Management areas by implementing CI / CD pipelines to help teams deliver a better, reliable and certified software into lower level and Production environments.
- Gained experience in systems Windows and Unix administration with AWS Cloud Services.
- Experienced with various Services of AWS: EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, Route53, S3, CloudFront, SNS, RDS, IAM, CloudWatch and CloudFormation.
- Experience in Implement, Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production).
- Experienced with Jenkins as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool and strong experience with Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Hand on experience with Docker administration and build Docker images by writing Docker files for various applications deployments.
- Building, Installation, Administration, System Monitoring, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, Maintenance of Linux operating systems.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the Version Control and Source Code management tools like GIT, SVN (subversion) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Good Knowledge on AWS console administrations as well as CLI operations.
- Built Automation and Build Pipe Line Development using Jenkins and Maven. Set up build pipelines in Jenkins by using various plugins like Maven plugin, EC2 plugin etc.
- Experience in Managing deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of servers, hardware, software, operating systems in Server Environment.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Expertise in using Linux servers and Configuration Management tools like Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks for installing operating systems, installing Software, web applications in Virtual Machine and AWS EC2instances.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables.
- Maintained and supported 70+ servers in multiple locations.
- Experienced on Task Scheduling & Systems backup using Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell scripting for RHEL.
- Experienced writing shell scripts to automate the deployment.
- Experience working with the message queuing services like ActiveMQ.
- Experienced with Nagios, CloudWatch as IT Infrastructure Monitoring tool and knowledge on Splunk.
- Experienced with Web/Enterprise Application Deployment Technology specifically including Windows, Linux, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, Java, MS SQL and Oracle.
- Experienced with Databases Like Cassandra, MongoDB, MySQL and Oracle SQL.
- Experience in using Java/ J2EE& related technologies such as Hibernate, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Java Beans, Eclipse IDE, XML and PHP.
- Experienced in the atmosphere of cross - functional team within the organization’s Agile Project Life-cycle.
- Team player with good communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
Platforms: Linux, RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu and Windows.
Cloud Platform: AWS, Open Stack, Azure
Scripting/Programming: Shell scripting (ksh, Bash), Python, SQL, PL/SQL
Virtualization: Docker, Vagrant, VM Ware, Kubernetes, OpenShift
AWS Services: EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, ECS, EFS, Route53, S3, Cloud Front, SNS, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, VPC Peering.
CM Tools: Terraform, Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, CVS, GitHub, Bit bucket, Nexus,GitLab
Continuous Integration: /Build Tool: Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Hudson.
Web/App Servers: Apache Tomcat 6.x, 7.x, WebLogic 8.1, 10.x, 11gMonitoring Tools: Zabbix, Nagios, CloudWatch, Dynatrace
Log Management: ELK, Gray log, Splunk
Deployment Tools: Mesos Marathon, Consul
Reporting Tools: Tableau 9.x/8.x/7.x, SSRS, Power BI
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, Mongo DB, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Other tools: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Publisher; Adobe Acrobat, Sub Version, Access, Excel, CSV.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
Sr. AWS / DevOps Engineer
- Worked for AWS DevOps Platform team responsible for Cloud Infrastructure and maintaining the Public and Internal applications.
- Provide day-to-day support/Admin activities of AWS/Build and Release/Configuration Management.
- Designed and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) which include VPC, EC2, S3, Elastic File System, RDS, Direct Connect, VPC Peering, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, and IAM which allowed automated operations.
- Configuring AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Monitoring Resources and Applications using AWS Cloud Watch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Setting up for subscriptions of AWS LAMBDA streams to connect logs to S3 buckets.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup and artifacts on AWS.
- Experience setting up instances behind an Elastic Load Balancer in AWS for high availability.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Bitbucket and AWS AMI's.
- Created customized docker images and push them to Amazon ECR and deploy them to ECS.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like GIT to track changes in source code.
- Coordinate developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, merging conventions using GIT source control.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Configured Jenkins Jobs to build and promote applications to different to Linux environments.
- Used Maven and Gradle as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Used configuration management tool like Ansible to automate tasks and to deploy applications.
- Proficient in writing scripts to automate simple tasks Python, Groovy, Ruby, bash, Shell.
- Ensured Backups were taken periodically.
- Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Installed, configured and maintained the Apache ActiveMQ message broker service.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Dynatrace for Resource Monitoring, Network, Monitoring.
- Integrated Dynatrace with PagerDuty for scheduling the alerts, Incident tracking, and escalating policies.
- Installation and administration of RHEL and CentOS.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Environment: EC2, S3, auto-scaling, AMI, ELB, EBS, ECS, IAM, EFS, KMS, VPC Peering, RDS, DNS, cloud watch, Route53, VPC, BASH, APACHE/TOMCAT, ActiveMQ, Dynatrace, PagerDuty, Python, Ansible, Docker, Jira, Palo Alto Firewalls.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files and track metrics.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Created Highly Available Environments using Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers, and SQS.
- Defined branching, labelling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto Scaling groups
- Configured S3 to host Static Web content.
- Experienced in S3 Versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Experienced in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift.
- Ability to design application on AWS taking advantage of Disaster recovery.
- Configured AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and users for improved login authentication.
- Worked on CI/CD tool Jenkins to automate the build process from version control tool into testing and production environment.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
Environment: AWS services (EC2, S3, Auto Scaling Groups, Elastic Load Balancer, SQS, Cloud Formation Templates, RDS, Cloud Watch, IAM, Redshift), Ruby, Git, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins.
Build and Release Engineer
- Software Configuration and Build/Release Management, process development, and tools support including code compilation, packaging, and deployment / release methodology. Support and Maintenance under Unix/Linux/NT/2000 platforms. With a proven ability in application configuration.
- Performed as Release Engineer for diverse development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, Traditional, Agile, Waterfall Methodologies. Expertise with UNIX and Windows environments including Shell and Perl scripts, version control tools like Subversion, Clear Case, Git.
- Identify Configuration Items (CI) and document their characteristics. After every deployment, delivered the Release notes on Confluence site.
- Extensive experience on Build Automation and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson. Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Find Bugswith CI tools.
- Experience in design, development of an Atlassian Tool Infrastructure including JIRA and Bamboo.
- Good knowledge in managing the Nexus and Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Experience as a Software Configuration Management (SCM) architect for ClearCase UCM.
- Created SCM Process, policies and procedures to follow development and SQA team to release or deploy highest quality product for the enterprise. Worked on different Build tools like ANT and Maven.
- Designed Continuous Integration pipeline using tools like Cruise Control, Jenkins, Build Forge, Bamboo and Hudson.
- Worked on defining the branching and the merging strategies, creating baselines and releasing the code.
- Involved in release planning and executed the release build request from the project team through JIRA Ticket.
- Worked closely with Product Management and Development Team to ensure testing is comprehensive. Expertise in implementation of Automation Tests and Manual Tests.
- Involved in Requirement Management, Peer reviews, Inter group coordination and Training Programs.
- Documented the entire build and release engineering process and provided on call support.
- Conducted analysis and generated tables, listings and graphs using SAS.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, Ant, SCM, SVN, GIT, Linux, Apache web server, Chef, Ruby, Centos, Nagios, Shell Script.
Unix/ Linux System Administrator
- Installation and administration of RHEL and CentOS.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Monitoring and log management on UNIX, Linux, and Windows servers, including processes, crash and swap management, and performance tuning
- Updating YUM Repository and Red Hat Package Manager (RPM).
- Maintained/configured virtual servers using VMware ESX 4.1, Hyper-V, vSphere.
- Performed Job scheduling using crontab utility.
- Using bash shell scripting to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar, crontab, and snapshots.
- Experience in backup and restore operate
- Performed disk management by checking for any RAID issues with running df, du and fsck commands
- Set up and maintained DNS servers.
Environment: Apache Tomcat, VMware, BASH, SAN, Shell Scripting, JBOSS, WebLogic, Cisco Devices, LINUX(RHEL).
- Creating Stored Procedures and UDFs to generate Commissions, Customer related reports, populating the data and for developing various asset metric modules.
- Developed SQL data migration scripts for application conversion or integration.
- Involved in Data modelling, designing and building relational databases.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications.
- Experience in Understanding structured data analysis, data models, data normalization.
- Worked on SQL 2000 Analysis services administration, Implementation of snowflake or star schemas in designing OLAP solutions.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, SQL Developer, Excel 2014, Visual Studio 2012, Power BI, MS Access 2010, VBA.