Self starter with 18 years of professional experience in a wide variety of primarily *nix - based environments from small, family owned businesses to fortune 500 companies. Often assisting with neglected environments without the benefit of backup support. Utilizing strong root cause analysis skills, a wide breadth and depth of experience, and highly logical reasoning to resolve technical issues and recommend solutions.
Sr. Linux Administrator
- Joined after previous Linux administrator of 20 years passed and company had been running without one for several months with previously unfamiliar technologies.
- Completely re-designed environment for stability, scalability, and agility.
- Utilizing VMWare, AWS, plus several backup and monitoring solutions working closely with developers and DBAs.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Responsible for the care and daily maintenance of the UNIX systems in the Delta environment.
- Geographically diverse environment of co-mingled HP-UX, AIX, Solaris and Linux systems.
- Employing a variety of clustering software and authentication methods.
- Responsible for request queue and provide assistance in resolving incidents as they arise.
- Work with a wide variety of departments to meet needs in a long-term sustainable method.
- Responsible for a diverse array of business client projects.
- Examples include T1/DSL installs, ASA installs, datacenter moves, office relocations, and linux cluster turn-ups.
- Also responsible for internal infrastructure projects including core switch/router replacements, automation and coding projects such as developing vmware guest file recovery software for internal use.
- Solaris, Linux, OpenBSD system administration, and perl coding projects in the Center for Biomedical Research Informatics at the Confidential .
- This department had its own datacenter and managed mail/networking for several departments in the Confidential .
Sales and technical support
- Worked on the sales floor and fielded technical questions and problems.
- Took in service requests and worked on customer's computers to resolve issues.
- Created iPhone application to create a heat map of real-time social media activity as an event and an advertisement platform.
- Developed custom algorithm to estimate population densities.
- Utilized AWS as back-end for geo diversity, scalability, and security.
- Evening and weekend contract support for RedHat Linux environment primarily serving routing via iptables and DNS functions.
- Emergency reference for both the RedHat Linux environment and Vmware environment.