To obtain a challenging position in IT Management, Network Engineering or Consulting with a progressive organization.
- Industry certified network engineer with 20+ years of hands - on experience in multivendor LAN/WAN Network integration design, engineering, security, operations, and management of Data, Voice, Video, and firewall security systems servicing Global Financial Institutions, Investment Banks, Confidential -Telecommunications MSPs, and IT Systems integrators VARs.
- Extensive managerial experience serving as IT Director, VP Manager of Global Network Services, Project Manager, NOC Manager, Change Control Manager, Sr. Network Engineer. Responsible for complete end to end project cycles, from initial exploration/proof of concept and cost analysis phase until production turnover, documentation, training & support. Detail oriented project tracking abilities and effective organizational skills to meet schedules and timelines.
- Responsible for end-to-end application delivery.
- Experience in architecting reliable, resilient, secured and cost effective multi-campus/branch LAN WAN networks, including Data, VoIP, Video/IPTV, and Wireless technologies applying QOS, SDN, MPLS/VPLS, Metro Ethernet EPL, SONET, TDM, ATM, Frame Relay; Perimeter based firewall security and redundant EDGE connectivity using BGP; WAN acceleration-Content Caching, WAN Virtualization, VPN Bonding for secure branch to branch connectivity, and intelligent load balancing.
- Experience applying QOS techniques to prioritize traffic and building low latency networks for real time services and mission-critical applications. Also expansions and relocations of Trading Floors, Data Centers, Branch Offices, External Clients, and Market Data.
- Good understanding of OSI Model and application to everyday situations. Solid troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies. Experience working with packet sniffers, application response time analyzers, and various NMS/SNMP performance monitoring and capacity planning tools, to quickly pinpoint sources of performance problems, identifying slowdowns and validating improvements.
- Familiar with security vulnerability assessment and penetration testing, remediation, incident management and reporting to Law Enforcement agencies. Ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, traveled extensively to support US and International projects. Ability to work in fast-paced environments maintaining high quality standards, managing multiple projects while working calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead others during crisis mode and major catastrophic events (1993 WTC bombing, 1999 Hurricane Floyd, 9/11/2001 WTC bombing, 2005 Hurricane Katrina, etc.), prioritizing resources, escalating connectivity restoral, and expediting disaster recovery with a strong sense of urgency. Discrete, ability to maintain strict confidentiality of internal personnel affairs and special projects.
Director of IT & Networking
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Organization - wide responsibility for the overall planning, and deployment of IT and Networking services, and reliable production of the Confidential triple play network for our residential & commercial subscribers.
- Also responsible for the internal Corporate network and multiple business units, all part of a large conglomerate holding company that includes Real Estate, Hospitality, Health Care, Construction, restaurants, and retail businesses.
- Responsible for all IT systems and Network infrastructure including Internet/Data, VoIP, Video/IPTV, WiFi, IP-PBX, Video CDN Head end distribution, and Security FW systems; Desktops, Servers, Storage SAN/NAS, and Applications management including CCTV systems, access control, POS, IoT appliances.
- Oversee staff responsiveness to all outages for proper incident response management, communication, root cause analysis, isolation and resolution.
- Perform hands-on technical work on escalated matters. Implemented processes to improve service management and expedite repairs.
- Implemented strategies to maximize system availability and performance . Ensured regular testing, reporting, and attention to preparedness for recovery of all critical systems in a timely manner.
- Produced detailed time line for each IT project and implemented effective controls for monitoring the progress and reporting status.
- Managed and controlled IT expenses, implemented cost-reduction alternatives to successfully reduce Confidential .
- Supervised new purchases, reviewed MRC bills, eliminated inactive services, renegotiated vendor contracts or switched to alternate vendors. Cross trained staff to create redundancies and restructured responsibilities to improve productivity.
Sr. Network Systems Engineer
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers, in a multivendor environment (Cisco Nexus 7K VDC/VPC, Cat6500
- VSS/VRF, 3850 stacks, ASR/ISR. BGP/EIGRP/OSPF, VLAN/LACP. Arista, Allied Telesis, Alcatel/Lucent, MikroTik, Juniper, Brocade).
- Configuration and administration of Firewalls: Palo Alto 5060, Juniper NetScreen 4500, 5400, pfSense, MikroTik, DMZs, VPN Tunnels.
- Implementation, of network security best practices including 802.1x, Radius, SSH, IPsec, QOS, port security, ACLs, DHCP snooping.
- Upgraded access, distribution, and core switches, to 10, 40, 100Gbps; FFTH Multiservice Gateways to 1Gbps; WAPs to 802.11ac.
- Implemented microwave and millimeterwave backhaul wireless WAN solutions BridgeWave, Siklu, Ubiquity/Unify, Mimosa, MikroTik.
- Implementation and administration of various WiFi APs and controllers: Aruba ClearPass & Airwave, Cisco, MikroTik, Unify/Ubiquity
- Implemented Network Management monitoring tools: SNMP/SolarWinds, Netflow, Dude, NTP, Syslog, Nmap, Wireshark, iPerf3 VMs.
- Managed Cisco UCS Hosting servers, VMware/vSphere, replicated NetApp SAN/NAS (FC, FCoE, iSCSI) and multiple VM servers.
- Administration, and troubleshooting of VoIP Avaya PBX,IVR,VM,SIP,H.323,MGCP servers. Minerva video multicast IGMP/PIM/RSTP.
- Conducted network integration performance testing of Asterisk/FreePBX and new FTTH G.fast technologies.
- Provided IT consulting services to commercial clients, L2/L3, DMVPN solutions, and connections to AWS EC2, VPC, Confidential .
Confidential, Fairfield, NJ
IT Field Engineer
- IT consulting, support and solution provider for small to midsize companies. Integration of IT systems & applications, Windows desktops & servers, malware (DDoS, Ransomware) remediation & prevention, Datto cloud backup & restoral, migrations to AWS. LAN/WAN WiFi, Firewalls, VPN, Legacy PBX & VOIP integration. CCTV systems, IoT appliances. Wiring Cat5/Cat6/Coax & Fiber cabling.