Manager of the Systems and Network team for 2+ years currently, and team lead in previous positions in large enterprise environments managing a diverse infrastructure in both offices and the cloud. Process and documentation - orientated, I am proficient at running a technical group and maintaining a priority driven roadmap. BA in Electrical and Computer Engineering, most recently receiving recognition for "Nothing is Impossible" for moving all application infrastructure to the cloud from a local data center. Focused on automating away the repeatable tasks.
Cloud: AWS Services EC2, Elasticsearch, Lambda, SNS, Cloudfront, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, ECS, Cloudformation, SES, RDS, S3, Glacier, Route 53, IAM Policy & Role configuration
Azure AD: Azure AD, Azure SSAS, PowerBI, Azure Gateway
Hardware: APC UPS units, SAN/NAS/DAS storage (NetApp, EMC VNX\XIO), Cisco network devices, Dell switches, Desktops, Laptops; Lenovo Laptops, Dell Poweredge servers
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Salt
Software: SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2014, 2016, and 2017), Backup Software experience (Veeam Backup and Replication; Appassure version 4.5, 4.7, and 5.0; Symantec Backup Exec; Microsoft Data Protection Manager; SQL Safe; Cloudberry Server, and GoodSync), Groundworks, Nagios, solarwind (network monitoring solution), Zabbix, site24x7, OpsGenie, NewRelic, Red-Gate SQL Monitor, Blackberry enterprise server (mobile communication solution), RabbitMQ, MongoDB, CRM, SharePoint (WSS3.0 and 2010), Exchange 2007 & 2010 (Hosted and Enterprise), VMware ESX 3.5 and 4.0 VMware ESXi 5.0, 5.1, and 5.5, MS Office
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
System Administrator Manager
- Led team in moving all aspects of the application infrastructure from a physical data center to AWS Cloud infrastructure in 6 months. This was originally an 18 month implementation plan and timeline we created to move all application infrastructure with limited to no risk to the business. We reworked this plan to complete in an expedited 6 months due to forced closure of our principal data center which allowed for an increased risk appetite
- Awarded "Nothing is Impossible" Core value award (EF employee award) out of 1200 candidates, for completing the cloud migration project with minimal downtime and interruptions to daily business
- Led team growth and adaptation of team as necessitated by the business by incorporating DevOps and Network Administration as core team competencies.
- Led Sr Sys Admin with a DevOps focus to create a chapter meeting in order to get the Developers and Systems Administrators sharing ideas about automation, continuous integration, infrastructure as code and other important DevOps topics
- Led Network Admins and other team members in the absorption of responsibility for the physical infrastructure for EF Tours offices world wide, pushing for a standardization and refreshing of infrastructure that was over 5 years in the making
- Led team in making the a precedent setting redesign of our Cambridge campus, becoming the first offices to utilize BGP to be able to "failover" building infrastructure between buildings, so that either building can utilize the servers and internet lines (ISPs) of the other building
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Managed all aspects of over 400 servers, including both Windows and Linux (Ubuntu), spanning both Virtual and physical servers, some located in a local Data Center on VMWare with over 150 of the 550 in AWS. This grew from an original environment of just over 120 servers.
- Primary architect for new systems, including integrating MongoDB and RabbitMQ into the environment and created documentation for deploying further clusters of each product
- Architected, implemented and negotiated the purchase of a password Asset Management system to allow for proper management of shared secrets and to ensure privileged accounts would automatically recycle passwords
- Primary automator of infrastructure related tasks using tools and scripts written in PowerShell
- Setup and monitored Zabbix Monitoring system, as well as utilizing NewRelic, and SQL Monitor to assess infrastructure health.
- Verified all SQL (using Idera SQL Safe) and other backups (including MongoDB) are working, and configured\scripted new backups
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Sr. Systems Administrator/Team Lead
- Grew team from 2 to 9 Systems Administrators
- Developed an On-Call system and shifted team to a 24 hour shift-based schedule to accommodate support around the clock
- Awarded President's award for customer service and advancing the Systems Administrator team during time at Confidential
- Led team and managed project on migration and modernizations of systems, including physical servers, storage infrastructure, and team managed services like Exchange and SharePoint
- Managed and supported over 800+ servers in a mixed physical and virtualized environment located in a datacenter, including patching of systems through WSUS
- Designed and managed server clustering, SCR, CCR and DAG for Exchange backends and SQL clustering
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Customer Support Associate
- Considered highly technical by management, System Engineers, and Architects
- Developed system by which Tier 1 (first level of Help Desk) could determine when tickets need to be escalated to higher tiers of support or to the Systems Administrators
Confidential, Boston, MA
Geek Squad leadership, Supervisor
- Created system by which Geek Squad “Agents” (Employees) are “vetted” and trained.
- Adopted by Geek Squad nation-wide and team was awarded for innovation