- Overall 8+ years of professional IT experience in Software Development, involved in DevOps, Testing, Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Automation, Source Code Repository and Environment Management, Implementation and Maintenance of application software in Web and Cloud/Server Environments, Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, EC2 Container Service, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, Certificate Manager, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EMR, Workspaces, Elastic File System, Storage Gateway.
- Experience on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation. Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Experience working on Azure Cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IaaS environment.
- Experienced in Azure IaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and Creating Web-Jobs, Azure Windows server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows Cloud infrastructure.
- Good experience in implementing Identity Access Management (IAM) technology areas with a focus on Azure Active Directory and how it interacts with traditional on premise Active Directory and Cloud Architectures using Microsoft Graph & Graph API.
- Experiencing in Confidential cloud platform(GCP) API's like compute engine instance to run on public and custom images and familiar with other services cloud functions, Kubernetes engine, VPC Network.
- Experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently. Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Expert in designing and distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and experience in automating the infrastructure using Terraform in AWS console.
- Experienced in Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management. Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experienced in Chef and Puppet, Ansible for Deployment on Multiple platforms. Experienced knowledge and solid understanding of DevOps and continuous delivery tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Etc.
- Experience in building new application and deployment through Ansible and managing in production environment. Created Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks for AWS-based deployments. Idyll in Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Groups and Packages.
- Excellent Knowledge on container management using Docker in creating images. Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container removing, image managing, directory structures.
- Experience with containerization technology using Docker or evolving container management platforms like Kubernetes and using Kubernetes to manage dozens of micro services.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments. Knowledge on creating jobs, pipelines in Jenkins also worked with different Jenkins plugins to integrate with different services/tools.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, DevOps Build/Release Management like Ant/Ivy, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo/Teamcity, and Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, GIT and used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, SVN, Stash, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications.
- Extensive experience in building and deployment of the application by using build tools like ANT, Maven. Used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Experienced in Build Automation tools like ANT, MAVEN and MS Build scripts for build and deployment. And experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Experienced with design, configuration and implementation of Nagios and monitored run scripts remotely via Nagios remote plugin Executor.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining the Webservers like Apache, Tomcat and App servers like WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss. Experience in load balancing and monitoring with Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Dynatrace etc.
- Excellent Knowledge in System health & performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation, including visualization tools such as graphite, New Relic, Nagios/Icinga, datadog etc.
- Good experience with Shell Scripting and Python scripting. And python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud and hands-on Engineering. And writing, Bash, Perl Shell, Python Scripting to automate system administration tasks.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Experienced in Handled migration of 2500+ Applications with 3000+ Databases implementation of SQL Web Replication. And use Amazon RDS, MongoDB and My SQL to perform basic database administration.
- Expertise in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (RedHat and Oracle). experienced with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Hands on experience in systems setup, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, performance monitoring and troubleshooting on different UNIX platforms like Sun Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, IBM-AIX and Windows system software and hardware as well as networking.
- Excellent Skills on Configured and maintained new VM's and Installed Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2003 Servers, managing VM's. And troubleshooting Windows 2003/2008 and ESX/ESXi Servers.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Scripting Languages: Bash, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python
Version Controllers: Perforce, Subversion, GIT,PVCS Version Manager, IBM Clear Case
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson,AntHillPro, Teamcity, Bamboo
Operating Systems: Windows, Liniux, Unix, RHEL and Solaris.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra DB
Change Management: Appdynamic, Service Now, PVCS Tracker.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, HTTP Server, WebLogic, JBoss.
Bug Reporting Tools: SDM 12, Bugzilla, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
DevOps: Chef, Puppet, AWS, VMware, Confidential Cloud(GCP).
Sr. Cloud / DevOps Engineer
Confidential | Plano, TX
- Developed and Deploy Java based solutions. Developed automated JAVA solution deployment to PAAS on Microsoft Azure windows based environments using technologies and Power shell.
- Designed and implemented Jenkins shared service in Azure for Global IT with high availability and integration with OAuth. Jenkins configuration consisted of multi master to support multiple dev teams.
- Department operated as DevOps Agile methods. The environments were comprised of 750 servers and 20 databases housed on each of 14 different environments: Windows, Linux, AWS and Azure.
- Configured Azure traffic manager to manage live traffic. And Managed and performed JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, MS Azure Cloud Based Environments Administration.
- Performed integration of Nexus, Jenkins, and Urban Code Deploy with Patterns, GIT, Confluence, JIRA, Junit, JMeter, Maven and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise-grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Build and deploy docker containers using Jenkins, Elastic Container Services administration, Terraform to build AWS infrastructure as code. Programming Ruby code using AWS Sdk, support of a highly available SaaS environment.
- Used Bash and Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Developed cookbooks using chef for Deploying services on Hybrid environments, both Windows and Linux. And Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef Server.
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure using Chef.
- Writing playbooks to deploy services on cloud, applications and to write modules in Ansible for implementing automation of continuous deployment.
- Involved in writing various custom Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower (AWX) as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deployed critical applications and proactively managed the changes.
- Maintained Ansible playbooks using Ansible roles, utilized file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Using Ansible to manage web applications configuration files with YAML scripting.
- Creating inventory and configuring the ansible.cfg files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Implemented docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build docker images for all microservices and later used Dockerfile to build the docker images from the java jar files.
- Worked on several Docker components such as Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker Images, Compose, Docker Hub and handle multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion of Kubernetes and developed micro service on boarding tools, leveraging Python allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and Kubernetes deploy services .
- Implemented CI tools like Jenkins, Bamboo Hudson for automated builds and to build and implement the end to end automation process. Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Implemented a CI/CD framework using Jenkins, Maven & Udeploy in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins and Git.
- Worked on continuous integration and continuous deployments. Worked Jenkins/Hudson as CI tools. Configured security, SSH, Gradle/Maven from Jenkins and managed various third party plugins.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN) and GIT and involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Developed, documented, and automated reusable build and release processes for Visual Studio and TFS applications using Serena, Ant, Maven, and DOS batch scripts.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and Third-party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) And GCP environment.
- Helped transition a persistence layer from MongoDB on EC2 to DynamoDB.
- Installed Splunk on unix and Splunk SOS for monitoring the health of the clusters. Integrated Splunk with Active directory and LDAP authentication. And Designing & Setting-Up the Splunk Architecture in the organization.
- Used Open Stack and AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic Power Shell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Develop a Power Shell scripting, Bash script to automate Active Directory and server tasks and Generate reports for administrators and management. And Created Azure Power shell script for APIM backup and restore operations.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Working as a Solutions Architect for Windows web and application servers and joining new product meetings to provide Technical inputs and design robust platform solutions.
Environment: AWS, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto Scaling groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Glacier, DynamoDB, shell scripts, GIT, Jira, Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, C, C++, Python, Apache Tomcat6.x/7.x, Windows and Linux environment, VirtualBox, Hyper, VMware ESX/ESXi Server and Workstation.
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
Confidential | South Bend, IN
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, and IAM through AWS cloud Formation templates and used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Manage AWSEC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Set-up and maintained auto-scaling Open stack. And Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets, reach continuous delivery and built clouds with Open stack and AWS.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with PUPPET, migrating the application using MAVEN as build tool.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue and implement Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Used Shell Scripts to automate the deployment process and Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Deployed and configured CHEF Server and CHEF Solo including bootstrapping of CHEF client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, Deployment and app stack build outs.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes and automate software update and Verify functionality.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling, and Cloud formation scripts.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to define and create applications or services by encapsulating them in containers and for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle Knowledge on Docker Hub creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Create and maintain a library of Groovy scripts to validate the function of TCH and third-party applications. Groovy scripts will be developed from a combination of vendor documentation and / or internally developed specifications. Review application failures and update the Groovy scripts with the goal of preventing future production failures.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker Utilized kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automation the build processes. Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines by integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Developing modules, manifests, Resources and Run lists, managing the Puppet client nodes, and upload the modules to puppet-server from Git local repos.
- Worked with various DevOps tools SVN and GIT for Version/Source control, Jenkins, Maven for Build Management, and Nagios for monitoring and Splunk for Log management.
- Our monitoring services consisted of nagios, scout, pagerduty, New Relic, and Air Brake.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers and integration of Application with monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- Automated Data structures validation of the configuration files using Python Scripting Designed and Developed Log management framework using Python Language to collect log directories from various Yard server Automated Manual Build deployment procedure using Python Scripting.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Configure SQL Server database mirroring and SQL server log shipping between sites for maximum availability of mission critical production database.
- Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, Sharing, replication, schema design.Installation of MongoDB on physical machines, Virtual machines as well as AWS.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, Maintenance, Deployments, Update, Monitoring, performance tuning on Linux. Experienced in monitoring and debug performance issues on different OS Linux.
- Installation and configuration of Red HatLinux, Solaris, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and CentOS on new server builds as well as during the upgrade situations.
Environment: AWS, Subversion,GIT, JIRA,Ant, Gradle,Docker, Kubernetes,, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Splunk, Nexus Artifactory, SQL, Confluence, Java, Node.JS, SSH, TELNET, FTP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS, TCP/IP, C++, Python, Shell, LINUX, UNIX, Bitbucket.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential | Lexington, KY
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWSusingRoute53 Managing users and groups using the amazon identity access management (IAM).
- Install and configure Amazon command line interface tools Performed migrations of virtual servers from Ubuntu OpenVZ physical server’s to AWSEC2.
- Working with AWS Cloud computing and involved in creating AWS instances and deployed Linux and Ubuntu on AWS environment and Expertise in migrating applications onto AWS.
- Lead the rewrite of a massive Chef code base to make cookbooks compostable and testable, and to facilitate the migration from Ubuntu to CentOS. And Implemented Chef best-practices to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work flow
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built .designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created new Bamboo plans for builds and also cloned existing Bamboo plans along with creating new deployment projects in Bamboo. Continuous testing was implemented by using JUnit plugin in Bamboo build plan.
- Maintained Bamboo agents that are owned by the team by updating the JDK versions accordingly and updated the old Artifactory URL with the new one in settings.xml file for 32 Bamboo agents.
- Helped developers with version control system tasks such as branching, merging, and cherry-pick changes. Worked on SCM tools like SVN. Perform maintenance and upgrade Continuous Integration Systems.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot releases and release artifacts to nexus to share artifacts across the projects. Used Build tools like maven for building and deploying artifacts such as WAR from source code.
- Modularized unstructured Maven scripts and utilized properties file for reducing the complexity and making it more manageable. Debugged performance related issues with Maven scripts and helped improved the build process.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Designed the monitoring framework which successfully intercepted every occurrence of component failure. The framework used Nagios as well as scripting in Selenium.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes ELB, Cloud front, Lambda, database security and application configuration also Developed to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda, CloudWatch.
- Used Power Shell for DevOps in Windows-based systems. And Developed windows powers shell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of windows helping the project team to get transformed to Scrum methodology using TFS.
- Excelled on Linux kernel, memory upgrades, and swapping tuning. Redhat Linux Kickstart configuration, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Redhat environments and Centos Servers.
- Built a Linux kickstart server on x86 machines, deployment of HP Blade server running RHEL 5 using VMware. Built M3K, M4K and M5K Servers for replacing old Sun Fire V480 and V490 Servers.
Confidential | Cary, NC
- Designed and implemented a secure puppet client/server certificate exchange. Modified the puppet client's behavior to embed additional instance attributes in the CSR, which were then verified on the puppet server before the puppet server could sign the certificate.
- Created Puppet modules for user-management, sudo, NRPE/Nagios, and syslog. Created RPM packages for software that came without native RPM package files.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool to creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports.
- Implemented a CI/CD framework using Jenkins, Maven & Udeploy in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins and Git.
- Migrated Jenkins from On-premises to AWS and import/export of all existing jobs from old Jenkins to new Jenkins box.
- Owner of Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory, and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Managed GIT and Subversion (SVN) branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases, Involved in the migration of code from Subversion (SVN) to GIT.
- Handled the development of reporting metrics and to provide reports to Management on different levels of statistics. Worked with Source Control Tools such as GIT, GIT Stash.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code and writing pom.xml and build.xml for Java and J2EE Applications.
- Maintain database users by implementing security hardening and assigning restricted roles.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Splunk, Junit, Selenium, Ruby, Shell, Perl, Linux, Websphere.
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds andReleases.
- Assisted in maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Installed and administered repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and Ant and to store the dependent jars, which were used during the build.
- Modified Maven and Gradle build scripts in case of build failure for JAVA and .NET applications.
- Setup the Jenkins server with complete Maven build jobs providing a continuous, automated scheduled QA build environment based on multiple SVN repositories for deployments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, AntLinux environment.
- Worked in cross-platform environments like Linux, UNIX, AIX and Windows.
- Monitored CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Installed and configured PostgreSQL, MySQL, T-SQL database on Red Hat Servers.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures and change history for releases.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
Environment: GIT, SVN, JIRA, Maven, Ant, Gradle, JAVA, .NET, Jenkins, Linux, UNIX, Nagios, Tomcat, Chef, Postgre SQL, MySQL, T-SQL, MS SQL.
- Worked as a System administrator for UNIX and Linux servers.
- Being a part of implementation team, worked with several teams like Network, Storage, Data Center team.
- Analyzed the Project requirement and submitted the request to the respective teams and procure the resources and built and as per standard, hand over the server to the Application / DBA team for further configuration at their end.
- Configured Red-hat Linux 3.x &Solaris 8, 9 for production, staging and test environments
- Built and configured virtual machines, ESXi; usingVMware/VSphere 5.1/5.5 to monitor servers, web applications.
- Installed, configured and administered VMware, Solaris Zones, Containers and Ldoms.
- Managed Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Designed, built, and maintained
- Production servers and RAID storage system.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x/4.x/5.x,CentOS 4.6/4.7/5, VMware, Apache 2.0, NFS, Software RAID, DNS Server.