I am looking for a dynamic enterprise environment where multiple bleeding edge technologies are utilized. As a sr. network engineer I take pride in my ability to provide network support, high level troubleshooting and topology. Having worked with Cisco Hardware and load balancing in enterprise environments; I am looking for the opportunity to apply my skills on a strong team and in a permanent role.
Technologies: OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, Redundancy protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, IPv4 & 6, Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n, PAGP, LACP, Ether channel, VLAN, Multicasting, Telnet, SSH, VoIP, MPLS, QoS, T1, TLS, CAT OS, IOS, T1, TLS, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPc, VDC
Hardware: Personal Computers, Laptops, Cisco Routers 2600, 2800, 2900, 3800, 7600, Sup 32, Sup720, Cisco switches 2900, 3560E/G/X, 3750E/G/X, 6500, Optical Module, SFP, Avaya G430/450, NIC Printers, Interface Power Distribution Unit. Confidential Powerconnect switches 2700, 3400, 5400, 6200, PowerEdge, 2161DS/2, KVM
Applications: Ciscoworks, Visio, Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Solarwinds, Windows 7, XP, 2008, Lotus Notes, MS Office, Qcheck, nVision, Netdisco, Maximo, iHeat
Confidential, McLean, VA
Network Engineer - Contract
Environment: VRF, Cisco 6509, 4500, VLAN, GLBP, VRRP, WLAN 5505, WAP 1100, Network Topology
- Create migration plan for separation of Layer 2 / Layer 3 in clients environment
- Create topology plan for new upgrade and migration
- Conduct tests for technologies prior to implementation
- Recommend technologies to be introduced into planning and migration
- Conduct inspection of environment to assist in migration
- Coordinate plans with clients including ETA and deliverables as in accordance with the scope of the project
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Environment: Nexus 5524, Cisco 6509 IOS, 3750E, 3560E, Cisco WLAN 5500, AP 1225, 1200, Cisco 2960, 10/100 Mbps circuits, Solarwinds, DNS, DHCP, ASR 1001, 3000+ nodes, 10000+ users, 900+ network gear, EIGRP. Avaya phones and servers
- Develop network solutions for new and existing clients
- Deployed and supported clients voice phones, PBX systems and servers
- Install and troubleshoot issues in local and remote cites
- Produce network topology and documentation for new and existing deployments
- Monitor network utilization through Solarwinds and internet traffic through service provider user application
Confidential, Frederick, MD
Network Engineer (Contract)
Environment: Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, VDC, VPc, ASR1001, Cisco 6509, 3750E, HP Procurve, Solarwinds NPM, OSPF, BGP, IOS CAToS
- Provided escalated troubleshooting support for Marriott Intl. Network Operations Center
- Performed scripting and applied configurations including Nexus 7k, 5k FEX 2k, Cisco switches & routers 6509, 3750E, HP Procurve switches and IOS upgrades
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting core infrastructure and leveraging performances reports through applications such as Orion NPM, Solarwinds, IPAM to provide better customers service.
- Performed configuration, topology and implementation of IP networks, including Cisco switches and routers
- Updated network documentation for all changes not limited to topology updates, project documentation requirement and bill of materials.
- Providing continuous coverage through on-call support.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Network Engineer (Contract)
Environment: NETQoS, Cisco 3750E, 6509, Report Analyzer, HP Openview, Visio, Infinistream
- Monitored network performance
- Performed Cisco Network Analysis Module implementation
- Change configuration of CISCO network routers and switches
Confidential, Washington, DC
Integrated Network Engineer
Environment: Cisco 7606, 2651, 2824, 2911, 3824 switches 6509, 4509, 3750E/G/X, 2960, 3560E/G/X, Avaya Call Gateway G450, QoS, VoIP, PoE, OSPF, MPLS, BGP
- Designed network topology and created project documentation for network upgrades
- Configured and installed multi-layer Cisco switches and routers as well as upgrading IOS to support desired technologies.
- Deployed VoIP systems including IP phones, Avaya call gateways and PBX systems.
- Monitored the network monitoring of over 900 Cisco routers and switches supporting over 11,000 employees, through applications like Netflow Analyzer, Solarwinds, and Spectrum.
- Provided on-call support
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
Network Engineer - Contract
Environment: Rack, Patch panel, OSPF, EIGRP, Fiber, 10 GB Xenpaks Cisco 6500, 7600, 2900, Sup 720, Gig, Fast Ethernet
- Scripted configurations and created topology network designs with specific legends for vendor equipment, including Cisco switches and routers, and implementation.
- Simulated traffic flow testing in lab on equipment to determine link capacity
- Installed network equipment, racking and cabling.
- Troubleshoot network issues relating to report tickets from NOC
- Suggested changes made to equipment in production.
- Planned and researched VoIP technologies and hardware and vendor protocols for best practice of software and use.
- Researched new industry technologies.
- Maintained database record of planned changes for hardware in production.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Complex Systems Technical Support Analyst
- Attended to users’ technical problems relating to networking, via e-mail and phone.
- Troubleshot network issues for customers with proprietary equipment deployed in their network
- Advised and educated customers on best practices for managing and maintaining their equipment, and provided user guidelines and manual.
- Worked with customer service in other departments in the organization to identify issues as related to customer network environment not limited to switching and routing.
- Maintained contact with customers to monitor overall progress in implementing the recommended technology in their network, and any impacts or changes that result.
- Proposed solutions in my team, which were adopted, and used for reducing customer call hold times in queues and bettering overall customer experience.
- Stayed up to date with existing and changing technologies in the industry.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Network Operations Engineer (Contract)
Environment: LR, SR Fiber cable, Cisco 7600, 6500, CLI Power Units, HP Procurve, 3Com switches.
- Supported over 1000 LAN and WAN equipment across multiple sites.
- Planned and implemented network configuration changes to equipment, specifically Cisco switches and routers
- Updated documentation of network devices and topology across organization.
- Performed scheduled maintenance and services to hardware including firmware upgrades, status and performance checks, and hardware records.
- Replaced failed items and maintained records of equipment with inventory.
Network Engineering Intern
- Tested connectivity across physically or logically connected network equipment.
- Performed projects with security policy access on network devices, through use of access-lists and telnet privileges.
- Troubleshoot general LAN and WAN connectivity problems between network equipment of different vendors, including HP switches.