- Software Professional Having Around 7+ Years of Experience in It Industry Comprising of Two years of Linux Systems Administration and Six years of Software Configuration Management.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, Devops, Build/Release management, Change/Incident management and Cloud management.
- Experienced in Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Saltstack for deployment on multiple platforms.
- Deployed and configured chef server including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning. Created Roles, Recipes, Cookbooks and Data bags for server configuration.
- Build tools like Ant, Maven for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code and Continuous Integration with Jenkins/Hudson bamboo, and Team city.
- Experience with version control systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (subversion), Perforce, and rational team concert.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware & XEN.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Php, Python & Perl scripts.
- Working on Amazon web services (AWS) and Open stack cloud to provision new instances.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX, and windows - batch, shell script etc.
- Developed internal website using PowerShell to monitor Active Directory environment which includes but not limited to event log tracking, performance monitoring.
- Administration and monitoring of your network using Power shell including: System Integration, Monitoring, Application Support, Inventory Collection.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like web sphere/ web logic/apache tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Provisioned numerous tool chains for multiple teams across IBM including IBM Urban code deploy, Docker and Elk.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory repository managers for maven builds.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Experience in working VSO and deploy various apps.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Have good hands on experience working on cloud platforms like Open Stack, Rack space and Amazon web services.
- Experience in Microsoft azure cloud services (PAAS & IAAS), storage, web apps, active directory.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an APACHE TOMCAT/MY SQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Hands on experience in web based Internet/Intranet application development using .NET Framework, Visual Studio.NET, C#, ADO.Net, ADO, IIS, XML, XQuery, MS SQL Server.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration on Apache 2.x, 1.3.x, 1.2, JBoss4.0.x Web Servers and, BEA Web Logic 8.x, 9.x servers connected to F5 Load balancers using BIG IP.
- Designing the entire cycle of application development by using Docker.
- Experienced with Docker orchestration tools like Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos and Marathon.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, SiteScope for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Championed the use of the Atlassian Toolchain for the SDLC.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility & cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions like Amazon web services (AWS) and experience with Perforce, Subversion and CVS.
- Involved in handling tickets, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance for Day to day Activities.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM clear quest.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents.
- Experience in integrating unit tests and code quality analysis Tools like JUnit and SonarQube
- Knowledge of Routers and Switches, Subnet, VLAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, VPN, OSI model, Firewall (checkpoint).
- Participated, documented, managed ITIL controls and supported Linux environment.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (DNS, IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP).
- Management of library versions and deprecated code, Design and sequencing builds & test runs and Troubleshooting expertise - build failures due to dependencies, tests, etc.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Operating System: RHEL/CentOS, Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , Ubuntu
Cloud: OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation AWS Config, S3, auto scaling, Cloud Trail, VMWare, AWS CLI Virtualization experience (VM Management).
Database: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MySQL, Mongo DB.
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, GIT.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes.
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, LDAP.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
Build Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, ANT, MAVEN.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, and IBM Clear Quest.
Scripting: Ruby, Shell scripting, Python, Java Scripting, Java.
Application Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, AWQ.
Confidential, Milford, MI
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Performed application server builds in EC2 environment and monitoring them using Cloud Watch.
- Launching AmazonEC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows-Shell, Perl Script and Developed applications in Python for multiple platforms.
- Created Docker containers to build ship and run any app or image to deploy the applications.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Managing AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Ansible.
- Performed build and deployment of Java-Cucumber based APIs to cloud servers using automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Migrating present Linux environment to AWS by creating and executing a migration plan, deployed EC2 instances in VPC, configured security groups & NACL's, attached profiles and roles using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible modules.
- Automated the deployments using Jenkins and its respective dependency plugins.
- Created a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins to deploy containerized applications using Docker in the AWS cloud for Dynamic scaling capabilities.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds.
- Written Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in JFROG for internal deployments.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Openstack cloud, integrating it with Ansible, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Worked on Java code development using spring framework and deployed multiple web applications onto Application and web servers like Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and Web Logic.
- Installed and configured configuration tools such as Server/WorkStation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Extensively worked on GRUNT and NODE.JS to build war, jar files and store in maven repository in JFROG Artifactory Server.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Experience in doing orchestration using Ansible, to run tasks in sequence and produce chain of events which can work on different servers.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Build and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile Continuous Integration environment and automated the complete process.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware Cloud.
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
Environment: Linux, Ansible, AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, AMI, Cloud watch), Java/J2EE, Apache-Tomcat, Jenkins, JFROG, Docker, GIT, Maven, Python, Shell, Perl, YAML.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA and UAT.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates(ARM) or Azure Portal.
- Wrote build.xml for applications using ANT and Analysing ANT projects for converting ANT build projects to Maven build projects.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT build files in case of project requirement changes.
- Developing Maven Build Scripts based on the requirements. Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Hands on experience in GNU toolchain (gcc, gdb, make, arm gcc).
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool like Jenkins and Bamboo for end-to-end automation of various build and deployments.
- Involved in Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Set-up and maintained auto-scaling openstack (preferred using cloud formation and scripting).
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for few applications by creating release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code, installed and administered Jenkins CI for ANT and Maven Builds.
- Participated in the planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance monitoring of on- premise ALM and continuous delivery servers and associated tools.
- Developed internal website using PowerShell to monitor Active Directory environment which includes but not limited to event log tracking, performance monitoring.
- Experience in User management and plug-in management for Jenkins.
- Leveraged VNET system routes and underlying route table that holds Local VNet Rules, On-premise Rules, Internet Rules and IP Forwarding as design basis.
- Designed User Defined Routes with custom route tables for specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via on-premise network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer’s Azure environment.
- Enhanced Configuration Management using (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments.
- Improved entire release process by automating all manual/time consuming steps with devops tools like Chef, Jenkins.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Environment configuration Files, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing/new infrastructure.
- Good understand of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Responsible for implementing solutions with Web Logic for stand-alone and clustered environments using HTTP Plug-ins for Apache.
- Installing, configuring, administration of Windows 2003 servers, Active Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, FTP, DFS, IIS Web Server and SQL Database Server.
- Deployed the archives like war files into the Tomcat Application Servers.
- Used Remedy, Jira as deployment issue tracking tool.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS, and Ops Works.
- AWS and Openstack to provision new machines for clients. S3 Storage Services on AWS.
- Experience on deploying Hosted Chef-Server on AWS for managing AWS EC2 instances.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation.
- Build AWS secured solutions by creating VPC with private and public subnets.
- Written unit test cases to test services implemented in groovy.
- Built reports using groovy, which were used by different teams for analysis, performance stats etc.
- Integrated the Docker containerized applications to get them functional and working.
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removing Docker images.
- Implement and maintaining monitoring and graphing tool (Nagios) and Developed monitoring scripts as plugins for Nagios.
- Developed and Consumed the Web Services for Business Rules Validation using XML Web Services, C# & Asp.Net protocols for the Product Recommendations and Validations.
- Extensively used Amazon Web Service S3 to upload and download data used in Encarta project.
- Used AWS for Cloud development and migrating physical servers to AWS cloud.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers, such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
Environment: Ant, Maven, subversion, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Nexus, Chef, QA, UAT, Ubuntu, Openstack, Ruby, AWS Cloud, Windows, BMC Remedy, DFS, Shell, Python, Web Logic Server 11g, JDK1.7, XML, Anthill Pro, SVN, GIT, Jira, SQL, J2EE, Puppet, Shell, Perl, UNIX and Rack space.
Confidential, Irving, TX
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Good understanding of Cloud Platforms like AWS. Worked on several POC projects on AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, Internet Gateway, and NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web Applications.
- Good understanding of EC2 instances, created instances, configured security groups, assigned elastic IP’s, worked on VPC and public cloud environments.
- Understanding of S3, RDS, EBS, Route53 and IAM services. Created several users, roles and groups in IAM.
- Basic understanding of Puppet, attended basic training on Puppet and started learning concepts, building small modules. Analyzed modules from Puppet Forge and created simple modules to automate tasks like installation of apache, managing NTP and controlling few services and packages.
- Worked on setting up of hosted Chef Servers to facilitate automation of services by installing Chef Work Station, Chef Server and Chef Client. Boot strapped the nodes to Chef Server.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configurations.
- Designed Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation Templates (CFTs) and integrated with Chef to build a resilient and fault-tolerant infrastructure for applications.
- Worked on various scripts using Python, Ruby, Shell for various applications.
- Worked with development and operations teams to identify, implement, and administrate continuous testing resources, worked on Quality Management tools like SonarQube.
- Created jobs for builds and deployments in Jenkins.
- Installed Docker and created Docker Containers.
- Used Docker Container to package the applications and deploying them on to WebSphere Application server.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Application Server V 8.0/220.127.116.11/7.0 x using silent mode and also using GUI mode.
- Installed, configured and administered IBM HTTP Server, Windows IIS Server, Apache HTTP Server. Configured clustered environment in Web Sphere Application Server V 8.5/7.0 and deployed applications on Windows, Linux and Solaris environment.
- Deployed EAR applications in clustered WebSphere Application Server for Dev, QA, DR and production environments.
- Created Digital Certificates and configured SSL and also configured CA-Signed certificates (Verisign,) for WebSphere, Application Server, Http Server, I planet and IIS.
- Configured and Enabled the Global Security for WAS Administration Console users and Console groups using Active Directory Server as a LDAP User Registry.
- Worked closely with developers in deploying ears and wars, configuring necessary database resources (JDBC Providers, data sources Applied the maintenance fix pack and fixes to Websphere application Server and HTTP servers.
- Involved in Trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and Log analyzer.
- Monitored the performance of WAS, EC2 instances through CA CloudWatch.
- On-call support (24x7), Monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications.
Environment: SVN, CVS, GITHub, Gradle, SonarQube, AWS, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0/8.5.5/18.104.22.168 , LDAP Sun One directory Server, J2EE1.3/1.2, Java2.0, JSP1.2, EJB2.0, JDBC2.0, XML, Windows 2000 Advanced Servers, Sun Solaris8/9, Site Scope, WSAD5.0/40, DB2, Oracle 8.1.7/9.0.5 , Remedy User, Shell Scripts, wsadmin scripting.
System/Build and Release Engineer
- Customize tools and develop scripts to automate Build, packaging, and deployment.
- Worked portal for triggering builds and releasing them to stakeholders by understanding the pain points of Developers and QA engineers.
- Performed official code builds for major releases and patches to SDP Department.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, release tracking and reporting on LINUX platform. Led Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all GIT Repositories.
- Develop and maintain release notes, system documentation, run-books and release metrics reporting.
- Completed ITIL Foundation Training.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Implemented Gerrit Code review tool and integrated it with Hudson to trigger builds once the commit is being uploaded to Gerrit dashboard.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET and Cold Fusion applications to LINUX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion.
- Integrated Testing Tools like Junit which provide unit testing and code coverage with detailed graphical reports.
- Connected continuous integration system with RTC and GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Deployed application packages on to Apache Tomcat Sever. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams on issues and solved the problems.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Resolved ongoing problems and accurately documented progress of Python project.
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure.
- Knowledge of automated code review and testing tools like Smart bear, Cucumber.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience related to high availability web architecture and technology including Nginx, Unicorn, Rails, PHP and Node.js applications.
- Secure Web systems by developing system access, monitoring, control and evaluation.
- Establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures, maintaining Documentation.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
Environment: s: Java, Eclipse, RTC, Groovy, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Python, Ruby, Redis, python, Hygieia and Bamboo.
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of Redhat Linux, Ubuntu Servers.
- Responsible for patching.
- Managed JVM & JBOSS, JBOSS EWS.
- Experienced with HP-UX, Tomcat, Apache, Apache Cassandra, JVM, JBOSS, F5 and MySQL.
- Developed and maintained installation and configuration procedures for new server builds.
- Monitored Disk space and Quota usage as needed in LVM.
- Implemented virtualization using VMware in Linux.
- Installation of VMware ESX 3.5 and administration of VMs.
- Patches and Package administration for installation of patches following company policy.
- Deploying and maintaining of the Virtual machines.
- Trouble shoots and corrects hardware and OS related problems.
- Deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python.
- Monitored and conducted troubleshooting, patching, upgrades and backups when required.
- Performed System backup using tar, cpio for local systems.
- Worked on the configuration of server using monitoring tools.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, web, mail servers on Linux servers.
- Installation and management on Linux servers for applications like Apache and Tomcat.
- Installation &Up-gradation of Linux Configuring Hardware in all range of Machines from workstations to Enterprise servers.
- Performed Kernel Tuning for the better performance of applications like Oracle and disaster recovery solution.
- Used of Shell scripting to automate system administration jobs.
- Provided 24x7 on-call/Remote Support for UNIX Production Problems.
- Created and managed user/group accounts, password and setting up permissions.
- Responsible for tasks like managing Disk Space and File System. Dedicated to excellent customer service. Strong communication, documentation and teamwork skill.
Environment: Redhat 4.0/5.0, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, E15K, E12K, E6800, E-6500, E-4500, E-3500, F5, Veritas file system, Web logic 8.1.