- 5 years project based contracting, 12 years direct employed for a HQ of IT, managing remote sites.
- 18 years ongoing experience as a MS Certified Enterprise System Administrator/Engineer working in larger Windows environments (ie 1,000 - 50,000+ systems) centrally managed.
- 5+ years as a lead Citrix Engineer, handling infrastructure of multiple datacenters, upgrades, maintenance, support, new implementation projects.
- Have managed hundreds of Citrix servers.
- Expert doing Windows 2003-2012R2 and System Center project implementations, migrations, support, and upgrades, with RDP/RDS, Citrix, Azure, VMWARE, System Center Suite and Citrix.
- 5.5 years Corporate System Administrator at global headquarters Confidential / Confidential .
- Transitioned from being 2 Billion Euro Company, now to regional headquarters of 30 Billion Euro business unit. Was decentralized but last 2 years all virtualized and centralized branch offices.
- Consulting on new designs, changes, and adaptation of standards for centrally managed infra.
- 5 years providing Drive Financial/Santander server infrastructure support, main datacenter hosting core applications.
- Lead technician implementing new SOPs, SLAs, RFC, OSG, and QA processes among the teams.
- 2.5 years at Confidential Tech. Engineering and consultation to clients for Windows 2003 Application Server designs and implementations at large utility companies, banks, media companies etc.
- Travel to three Southern California sites Norwalk, La Mirada, and Huntington Beach assisting setting up and administering the networks
- Upgraded Systems from DOS and Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 and NT 3.51 Server
- Assisted Setup RAS ISDN Frame Relay WAN
- Re-install configuration of WAN office connections to Headquarters
- Configuration of home PCs for remote connection email and applications via RAS
- Setup mail client pop3 email for messaging
- Installed Software updates across network systems
- After hour maintenance, misc. support, and tape backups
Technical Proficiencies: WINDOWS 2003/2008/2012 R2 SERVER, VIRTUALIZATION, CLUSTERING, SCVMM, SCCM, AND SCOM, AZURE, CITRIX XENAPP 4-7.6 WITH PVS AND XENSERVER, VMWARE VSPHERE / ESXi / VCENTER, LOTUS DOMINO, MS A.D., SQL, IIS, TMG, EXCHANGE 2010, POWER SHELL, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, QA, CHANGE MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION / SUPPORT / MANAGEMENT / ANALYSIS / OPERATIONS, MID-LARGE ENTERPRISE IT INFRASTRUCTURE IMPLEMENTATIONS AND MIGRATIONS, MULTIPLE SANS AND BLADE ENCL.
- Provided senior Wintel support for larger security audit, bringing the compliance from red to yellow.
- Provided transition support for local Wintel Teams who were in process of outsourcing the main server team to the new India replacement teams.
- Meetings and liason with various team stake holders on the risks and requirements for updating to the Confidential (Military grade security) across approx 1,500 Windows servers of the local domain.
- Implemented, tested and rolled out the updates via DTAP.
- Updated and gained the approvals for my updates to the operational security guideline documents for anti-virus (McAfee ePO).
- Provided local domain support for the 2008R2 / 2012 server.
- Updated Citrix Security guidelines together with citrix specialist team. Integration and support coordination tasks for Citrix Xenapp 6.5 server farms, SCCM, Sql, MS Exchange, 900 app servers and other infra.
- Participated with Citrix Design team for upgrading from XenApp 6.5 to 7.6. Was part of SCRUM / Kanban / Agile working structure.
- Deployed McAfee client MSI via SCCM.
- Phased Implementions of Confidential (military standards) security for EPO antivirus across the 1500 servers.
- Through exclusions I saved a minimum of 6% of CPU usage x 1500 servers.
- Consultation on the 7.6 Citrix XenApp design.
- Collaboration on regular Citrix Engineering meetings.
- Resolved long standing Citrix performance issues with windows health checks
- Consulted on implementations throughout infrastructure after audit. (HP OM, Migration Windows 2003 to Windows 2012R2, Windows Security, Citrix Upgrade, Citrix Security guidelines, VMWARE, Cloud automation, migration to cloud, failover/ DR to cloud, and System Center 2012 products.
- Built powershell scripts to automate data collection tasks.
Migration Project Lead
- Strategized and relocated about 400 worldwide servers (linux and windows) from Minneapolis and Los Angeles datacenters to the London datacenter.
- Provisioned resources for the new high available environments.
- Citrix NetScaler deployed for high availability network load balancing.
- Changed isilon SAN to resolve outstanding issues, and increase performance.
- Deployed Veeam for backup, config, synch and cloning across the datacenters
- Implemented Powershell for bulk rollout of systems within time schedule.
- Built new resource pools for linux and windows, clustered for high availability.
- Created SAN storage for CIFS and NFS shares for mounting within windows or linux
- Migrated servers, users and back end infrastructure to new domain
- Configured Active Directory authentication and sudoers for linux hosts.
- Configured Nagios alerts for linux and windows servers
- Coordinated a solution using puppet
- Coordinate the needed firewall, VPN and VLAN configurations.
- Did mass provisioning of Linux/Centos/Redhat for engineering and devops together with VMWARE automation.
- Migrated Linux/Centos/Redhat database servers (oracle and MySQL). I cloned original databases, configured and installed the servers in the new datacenter.
- Proposed and rolled new AD group structure.
- Implemented new windows environment server provisioning automation. Together with new specifications, setttings, vmware, puppet, and powershell scripting, I automated the mass install configure and deployment of groups of servers (ie 10 or more) on demand.
- Coordinated with puppet admins my new implementation for Linux/Redhat/Centos server provisioning with VMWARE Vsphere tooling, Nagios monitoring and powershell scripting.
- Proposed and rolled out improvements for overall VMWARE environment
- Setup self service cloud for clients to deploy their VMWARE templates on demand.
- Design, install and support for new provisioned servers for XenServer and XenApp.
- Provided 2nd-3rd line VMWARE support, fixing a number of issues
- Project lead for migrating two offices to VDI.
- Designed and implemented new strategy to begin using multiple V-disks within Provisioning server, based on regions.
- Implemented App-v for Office 2010 to new clients
- Implemented App-v License control
- Installed new HP Blade running XenServer, for additional XenApp servers
- Collaborated, coordinated and wrote operational and support documentation for third-party support to take over.
- Provided consultation and design for new provisioned server strategy.
- Lotus Notes planning and implementations
- Implemented VEEAM for additional backup and sync for VMWARE clients unsupported for the backup client.
- Designed new citrix dev/test environment and implemented it for development of new images.
- Designed and implemented XenApp failover clusters
- Sent additional routine tasks to be implemented in Nagios
- QA test plan delivered for new sites migrating to citrix.
- The 3rd line support not only included their many versions of Citrix XenApp and Provisioning servers. The 3rd line support included Lotus Domino, SQL 2008, Windows 2008R2, VMWARE Vsphere ESXi versions 4 and 5, Vcenter, Active Directory, HP and Dell Blade systems.
Corporate System Administrator
- From Central Global Infrastructure team participated in reporting, upgrades, operations, and auditing checks of several regional datacenters.
- Implemented several Hyper-V cluster configurations
- Remote Blade & Chassis management for more than 300 virtual servers mainly Dell M1000 Chassis.
- Wrote/Maintained Systems Operations Manual covering all day to day procedures, checks, administration, processes, maintenance, and other standard routines.
- Wrote intake documentation / requests for provisioning new hardware / software any SLA, backup requirements etc.
- Wrote backup / restore requirements documentation for application owner, vendor and IT compliance and signed agreements from the business for IT SLA.
- Was central buyer of approximately 10 million euros of hardware per year, while aligning to virtualization standards.
- Assisted on initial Design, Build and migration of entire environment to Hyper-V virtualization and SAN platforms
- Liaise with vendors, development teams, and application management for the setup and SLA of ECM Infrastructure 2 blades and 5 virtual machines.
- 2nd and 3rd line support to server operations and support teams.
- Consulted on multiple designs for migration from Lotus Domino to Exchange 2010.
- Administer multiple datacenters Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 and 2010
- Migrated from Dell MD3000i SAN to Equalogix SAN.
- Design & build team member for new Global Active Directory 2008R2. Lead implementation technician from headquarters. Supported wide range of centralization projects over 3 year period for 20,000+ users etc. Standardized/Centralized Anti-Virus, AD, DNS, IP/DHCP, WSUS, Hardware, etc.
- Design and planning participation for migration designs for Lotus Email to move to MS Exchange via Quest software and to new hardware etc.
- Design & build coordination as Lead for implementing Citrix upgrades to XenServer 6.0, with Provisioning, Hypervisors, Windows 2008 R2 Server, test environment, fault tolerance, load balancing, failover cluster datacenter, new applications, etc.
- Infrastructure support lead on Global SAP Implementation
- Design & build of Hyper-V SCVMM environment, immediately virtualized 200 servers as part of project. Later adding about another 300 servers.
- Technical lead on annual equipment replacement for clusters, aligning with corporate standards to virtualization and centralization aim.
- Large project Technical Lead, and Project Management on localized projects.
- Phase out of VMWARE test and development servers, migrate to Hyper-V
- Technical lead for local team of 15 IT colleagues. Outsourced/external workers included about 30 for which I was the primary contact.
- DMZ / Firewall appliances exposure, spam, network boost, VPN etc.
- Setup management networks at datacenters.
- Performance Monitoring, Alerts, Historical Reports, case studies
- SCOM Installation and Administration
- Planning and implementation involvement on server solutions designed, built, and supported
- SharePoint Disaster Recovery Planning
- Implementation of New Corporate Helpdesk and Central 2nd and 3rd level Support
- Infrastructure support to SAP and 3rd party SAP product support
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.5.2 Administration for LAN and WAN (upgraded to 4.5, and 6.0 XenServer)
- Planning, Documentation, Development, Test, and Execution of Change Management Processes
- Windows 2000/2003/ 2008 R2 Server Administration within the group
- Lotus Domino Administration & Support on approx. 100 Global Servers, with local IT
- SMS Domino AntiVirus & Spam filter support
- Installation, Support / Admin of Citrix Terminal Services across WAN
- Support and implementation of corporate SQL environments
- 2008R2 Active Directory Administration
- Packaging and deployment of software via Active Directory
- Prepared Procedures, Policies, Training and Documentation for profit centers on products.
- 3rd level support for issues registered viat the Helpdesk platform from over 100 profit center offices’ IT departments.
- Build and Testing of Failover Datacenter capability.
- With new users and Applications, we doubled corporate LAN Laptops and doubled LAN Servers
- Project lead role on projects touching LAN and WAN
- Multiple Active Directory upgrades and domain migrations
- Setup LAN Inventory tools for System Monitoring, Support & Replacement (Spiceworks, then migrated to IT Assistant, then partially replaced by SCOM)
- Setup and supporting rollout of WSUS to all sites
- Administered Blackberry Enterprise Server globally (before being taken over by Workplace services)
- Administered, Setup & Supported rollout to new SEPM Symantec Antivirus (Endpoint Protection) platform.
- Administered Local & Supported Remote Symantec Backup Exec
- Guided interns with projects and managing local network (before service desk and workplace services came into operation)
- Installed & supported SQL servers local and on Global Clusters, Datacenters etc
- Synchronization / Offline Files Solutions
Confidential, Brea, CA
Systems Consultant / Engineer / Systems Administration
- Projects, 3rd party audit, reporting analysis and consultation for windows environments., printing, and citrix.
- Virtual server reseller and support engineer for Linux and Windows.
- Web applications support that included PHP and MySQL.
- Preferred IT UK short contract Windows Administration
- Orange Business Services, Netherlands. Ticket Handling, IT Infrastraucture
- Dutch Horticultural company, Machinova, LAN Infra setup, email, DB, Apps, network, etc.
- Spanish Financial company, Zawar. Citrix consultation and design.
- American Publishing company, Christosoro, e-commerce platform consulting and setup
- American E-commerce Enterprise, Buyproduce.com, System upgrades & helpdesk admin
- IPDS Solutions, Back-end support, Tech Dealer website, MySQL Dabatabases, Application for online quote system, etc.
- Financial Company, American Debt Freedom, Consultant on system platform.
Confidential, Huntington Beach, CA
- Windows XP, 2000-03, NT, 9.x, Unix, AS/400, Mainframe 0S/300, and MAC OSX support
- Designed and implemented dozens of high output server printing solutions for large banks, medical companies, newspapers, utility, and other large service providers.
- Supporting HP and Canon Development and Support teams
- Designed tools and scripts for Software updates
- Scripted mass deployment of firmware & software, saving hundreds of man hours for companies
- Provide HP, Canon, Lexmark, Xerox, and other industry high output printing support
- PCL, IPDS, AFPDS, Post Script, PSF, PDF, and AFP high end printing technical support
- New Wireless technology support for HP on Bluetooth enabled laptops, cellphones, PDAs, providing support to HP, MAC, and Microsoft Support teams.
- Lotus Notes / Domino production server and clients supported
- Server Clustering / Web-farming Support