To obtain a position in the field of Information Technology with major responsibilities that will effectively utilize my technical, organizational, leadership and communication skills.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
- Windows Server support of over 1500 nodes. Mix of Virtual and Physical platforms.
- Team oriented environment consisting of 13 Systems Administrators.
- Mixed environment: Server 2003 and 2008. HP Physical hardware as well as Blade Chassis. Currently over 70% virtualized.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Virtual Engineer - VMWare ESXi 5.1
- Environment consists of up to 75 ESX Hosts.
- Support of VDI (VMware View 5.1) Infrastructure which consists of 3 DataCenter Clusters and up to 30 ESXi Hosts.
- Designed and Implemented XenApp 6.5 infrastructure with strong emphasis on Fault Tolerance
- 30+ server node farm and quickly growing.
- XenApp is now being used in conjunction with our VMWare VDI environment and the goal is to present over 95% of our applications to our clients via our XenApp environment.
- Currently in the process of implementing Cloud Gateway to help support BYOD initiative.
- StoreFront currently front ended to our user base. In the process of implementing Citrix Netscaler appliances.
- 10,000+ mailboxes.
- Mobile devices support (IOS).
- Currently part of design team to globalize Exchange as the Unified platform for all countries. On Premise Exchange 2013.
- Active Directory and Group Policy Engineer
- Forest and Domain Level is at 2008 R2.
- Responsible for pushing Group Policies based on specific defined Security parameters set forth by IT Security department.
- Currently part of the design team of globalizing Active Directory environment by developing a Central Resource domain in which all countries can migrate to.
- Project Management
- We work closely with other groups to implement 3rd party and custom built applications to the Enterprise.
- Planning and coordination between departments and vendors is done through our group.
- Environment consists of 2007 and 2010 SP Farms.
- Recently designed and implemented web facing SP 2010 environment consisting of 6 server nodes and 2 back end SQL 2012 Database nodes with AlwaysOn functionality.
Systems Engineer/IT Manager
Confidential, Kennett Square, PA
- Management of entire company IT Infrastructure
- Organization consisted of over 500+ employees. 1 Corporate Office and 20 Remote Sites.
- Actively in charge of several Projects which include but not limited to:
- Planning/Coordinating and implementing opening of new facilities.
- Planning/Coordinating and implementing business mergers.
- Server Administration
- Server Farm consisted of Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, and 2008 R2
- Complete Domain Implementation and Design, Active Directory Architecture, Group Policy Administration, DHCP and DNS Administration, Print Server, Terminal Servers 2008.
- Designed new Global Domain for Confidential Group with emphasis on design and security throughout the domain infrastructure between separate business venture sites.
- Developed Terminal Server environment for remote deployment of software applications using TS RemoteApp technology via GPP. TS environment was also used for our generic user accounts via Remote Desktop access.
- Application and Policies Deployment via GPO and GPP.
- Printer Deployment throughout domain via GPO and GPP.
- All systems were updated and patched using WSUS.
- MS Exchange Server 2007 Development and Administration
- Transitioned from POP3 mail to total Exchange driven environment. Transition completed with over 500+ users. PST files imported into Exchange environment using Shell commands.
- Implemented remote email access by means of OWA.
- Mobile Device Integration - Active Sync for IPhone and Android Users. BES for Blackberry users. Security Policies enforced for all handheld devices.
- Multi-Domain environment: Created specific E-Mail address Policies ensuring users inherit correct domain addresses.
- Configured various Distribution and Dynamic Groups.
- Created Multiple GAL’s.
- Implemented Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) for our corporate consultants with emphasis of enforcing corporate handheld policies on each device.
- VMWare ESX Infrastructure 3.5
- Virtualized all production servers throughout company domain. Total environment consists of 50+ virtual machines both centrally located at main data center and at all remote locations (20 Total Remote Sites)
- Monitored Utilization of existing VM’s. Reallocated disk space and memory as needed.
- Managed Snapshots of VM’s.
- Performed migration and cloning of VM’s based on testing, server utilization, and upgrade prep.
- Routinely monitored performance of all remote site VM’s
- Devised Disaster Recovery plan to consist of full VM replication to offsite Data Center.
- Symantec BackupExec
- Implementation and administration of all company system backups to tape.
- Backups consists of Virtual Machines, DFS File Replication, Server System States, and Microsoft Exchange Server Mail.
- Storage Array
- Implementation of Dell EquaLogic Storage Array.
- Configured Storage Array with various Data Stores for Exchange Server, File Servers, and Server storage locations
- Configured automated hourly and daily snapshots of each data store.
- Anti Virus & Spam Filters
- Implemented Anti Virus protection using ESET Nod32 for all workstations and servers.
- Implemented Barracuda Spam filter for the Exchange system.
- Web Filter
- Implemented Barracuda Purewire SaaS Web Filter throughout entire domain infrastructure.
- WiFi Infrastructure
- Developed a Mixed Infrastructure for both Guest Networks and Enterprise System Access.
- PEAP Authentication used for Enterprise Access for authentication with AD and deployed via GPO.
- Configuration and Implementation of all Network Related Devices
- Cisco Series Routers and Firewalls: 1800 Series, PIX/ASA
- Cisco Aironet Access Points
- HP ProCurve Switches
- VLAN Configuration
Confidential, Exton, PA
- Administers MS Server 2003 for entire Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West Regions
- Administration of Active Directory and File Management
- Daily storage backups of servers and Lotus Notes using Symantec Backup Exec
- System Management Server (SMS) administration team
- Administration of Symantec Anti-Virus Server Edition 10.0
- Administration of Symantec Sygate Firewall Protection
- Security Administration (Cisco Platforms)
- In Final stages of completing a DMVPN network between entire Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West Regions
- Experienced in Tunnel Routing company branches through the two main OpCo’s in MA and MW
- Configuration of 2821 routers and 1811w routers for the DMVPN network
Network Support Technician
Confidential, Edinburg, VA
- Researched and found solutions for various networking issues, including: hardware and software devices such as DSL or cable modems, routers, ethernet and dial-up connections
- Experience with the basic commands of Cisco, HP, and Nortel switches
- Trained new employees in becoming familiar with the basic procedures used to troubleshoot networking and database application issues, also with gaining access to field switches