- Over 8 Years of experience in software design, development, application support, deployment and configuration. Strong working experience in Devops, Linux/UnixSystem Administrator, Perl Script, Shell Script, JIRA, Code Coverage, Ant, Build and Release management, Change Management, Process Engineering, Application Packaging and Web Programming.
- Experience in Migration & Deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Application & Hardware, MS build, batch script, IIS and Jenkins Administrator.
- Experience in working as DevOps engineer/Build & Release engineer for release automation of enterprise applications to achieve continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI and CD).
- Experience in setting up the build and deployment infrastructure using Jenkins, Puppet, Hudson, ANT scripts and Maven.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl scripts.
- Experience in working with continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Experience in Build Automation using Maven and Ant scripts.
- Experience in working with Cloud platforms - ServiceNow and Amazon AWS.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in Amazon AWS S3
- Worked on setting up the policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Responsible for building/deploying Java, Oracle ADF to various environments using Jenkins and ANTscripts, Shell scripts
- Experience in scheduling the deployment profile creation process using ANT scripts and Cron jobs
- Experience in release management of enterprise web applications using J2EE and Java related technologies.
- Build and Deployment of CI/CD Pipelines. Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Excellent understanding of installation, application deployment, monitoring and maintenance of Apache Webserver 2.0/2.2 and 2.3 and Tomcat 6.0 and Tomcat 6.0 on Linux environments.
- Experience in Maintaining BEA WebLogic Server on different UNIX platforms and setting up the Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Installed and configured SunOne and Apache Web Servers in various environments.
- Deployed applications on multiple Weblogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, High Availability and Fail over functionality.
- Exposure to the automation on both Windows and Linux environments.
- Expensive experience in working with ANT Scripts (Extending the existing ones, creating new scripts)
- Experience in Managing/Tracking the defects status by using JIRA tool and Planning & resolving the issues as per SLA.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, RUP, RAD and other processes.
- Maintaining different source code repositories in VSS (Visual Source Safe), merging and branching out from existing code repositories as needed.
- Configured Jenkins as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging to Linux environments.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ Series, Siteminder.
- Good working experience in server side java programming using J2EE technologies - Servlets, Applets, JSP 1.x, JDBC, RMI, JNDI, EJB.
- Troubleshooting the deployment issues and BVT issues
- Expertise with UNIX and Windows environments including shell and perl scripts, CVS, perforce, ClearCase, Visual SourceSafe, PVCS.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Good understanding of load balancing using F5, Site minder and DNS.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Testing and Implementing, Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Created extensive documentation, including straight forward how-to procedures for common administrative tasks.
- Lightweight virtualization with Linux Containers and Docker
- Skilled in supporting WebSphere, Weblogic, and JBoss application Server.
- Ability to build automated scripts and coordinate with the software development team Comprehensive knowledge of software development life cycle.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), UNIX, MS WINDOWS, AIX.
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, Perforce, RTC, GIT, Source Tree
Languages: C,C++, JAVA, J2ee, XML.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB, Applets and swing components, AWT.
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g,DB2
Application Servers: WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE, APACHE TOMCAT, JBOSS
Web Technologies: JDK 1.6, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX
DevOps Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE, HUDSON/JENKINS, TEAMCITY, CHEF, PUPPET, BUILD FORGE, CRUISE CONTROL, BAMBOO, NEXUS,DOCKER, VAGRANT, ANSIBLE, SALTSTACK, JABBIX, NAGIOS, KUBERNATES, JUNIT, KANBAN, ARTIFACTORY, VMWARE, SONARQUBE.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, REMEDY
Monitoring Tools: Wily Introscope, JMeter, Mercury Load Runner, Grinder, Samurai, AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, ELB, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation AWS Config, S3, Cloud Trail, Dynamo Db, IAM.
Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
Confidential, Boston, MA
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Implementing new projects built framework using Jenkins & Maven as Build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes.
- Testing of Cookbooks with Chef-Spec.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef Basics, Initial setup of Chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes. Using CloudTrail, TESSA, CloudPassage, CheckMarx, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Coordinating with Different Project teams on Build & Release planning and efforts.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Generated Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using AnsibleTower.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Experience using open-shift enterprise 3 and deployed applications using Docker containers in the cloud with Paas.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all of the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins(CI/CD), Teamcity, Maven, AWS, EC2, Jira, Linux, Sql,Docker, Java,Gradle, Nagios,Kanban, SonarQube, Artifactory,Cruise control, VMware,Ansible.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain.
- Monitor the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular cron job updates in servers.
- Evolving new tools/methodologies to improve this existing process and show better results to all stakeholders.
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS 2013.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Analyzed the ANT Build projects for conversion.
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, rsync Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Working on Continuous Integration and build automation using Hudson/Jenkins CI and Sonar.
- Experience using open-shift enterprise 3 and deployed applications using Dockercontainers in the cloud with Paas.
- Built and DeployedJava/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- CI/CD Tools (Teamcity, Jenkins, gitlab nexus, JIRA and docker registry/daemon) configuration management and automation using Ansible.
- To configure and maintain codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers.
- Experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Maintain a Live Like environment to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Configure and maintain stress server in different geographical location and provide setup in every release to perform stress testing.
- Implemented Continuous deployment and environment provisioning using Ansible,
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Experience in using Docker containers.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Subversion, Jenkins(CI/CD), JIRA, TFS, Teamcity, Maven,Gradle,Docker, GIT, ANT, Puppet, AWS, Python, Remedy, Web logic, UNIX, VMware,Artifactory, Ansible,Jabbix,SonarQube, Chef,Kubernates, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Webster, NY
Middleware/ DevOps Engineer
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application server 11x/12c using graphic and silent mode and configured Weblogic domain
- Determined and suggested hardware and software specific to the System and customized as per the requirements.
- Configured Node Manager for running managed servers
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP Server 2.0, Tomcat 6.0, IIS 6 and Sun One Web Servers in various environments.
- Installed and configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server and Sun One Web server to proxy the request for WebLogic server.
- Experience in analyzing the proxy server log in comparison with WebLogic logs to narrow down the malformed request.
- Performed migration and upgraded WebLogic server 9.x to WebLogic 10.x/11x and to the recent version12c.
- Installation and configuration of Puppet infrastructure.
- Updated JDK’s and installed service packs and patches for WebLogic Server.
- Worked on Oracle Fusion 11g architecture making most of the investment in applications.
- Also installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Used Devops, Ansible Puppet and Gerrit
- Used centralized configuration for multiple servers in JBOSS domain mode.
- Using Python Scripting in DevOps users to model and manage the entire application from load balancers to database.
- Experience in Batch-Scripting for automating and reducing the time taken for everyday tasks.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins and DevOps based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Nagios to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems in various components including applications, services, servers and network protocols.
- Deployed various J2EE and enterprise applications (WAR, JAR, RAR, EAR) on managed servers and cluster environment, maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Created bash and ksh scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs for timely running programs.
- Configured JNDI as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBCdata source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection pools/multi pools/ data sources on WebLogic server.
- Also responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test products such as Apache Server.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo & JIRA.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Installing of HTTP plugins for Apache, iPlanet and Microsoft IIS.
- Used ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Involved in monitoring error logs, troubleshooting and fixing the problems.
- Handled Memory issues, such as application leak, WebLogic leak and sun java bug by tuning and profiling memory with third party tools.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption
- Configured LDAP server using Sun One Directory server for user authentication
- Configure Siteminder with Web servers.
- Configure F5load balancer with Web servers. Used F5 to capacity, performance and reliability of the applications
- Used OIM for access management, directory services, decision making and strengthening security
- Develop and run UNIX shell scripts and implemented auto deployment process.
- Solved server hang issues such as Deadlock, Application and Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyzed to get the root cause of the hang
- Set up Wily for monitoring, notification, root cause analysis and data reporting
- Performance monitoring and JVM Heap size and EJB monitoring using Wily Introscope and Load testing using Mercury Load Runner and Jmeter with Thread and Heap analysis Using Samuraithread dump
- Used Subversion (SVN) to maintain present and historical source code versions and documentation.
- Used Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Used HP OpenView for managing applications, network conditions and status across the platform
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application and WebLogic server.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic Server and resolved complex issues
- Involved in a team to design a strategy and well organized planning in data center migration using TDS
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x, JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5, JRockit 8.1, Apache 2.x, Tomcat 6.0/6.1, Sun One/ iPlanet, IIS 6, DevOps, Solaris 8,9, Red Hat LINUX, Windows 2003, F5 Load balancer, Siteminder, Nagios, JMX, Oracle 8i/9i, JDBC, LDAP, subversion, EJB, JSP, Servlets, XML,MS Office, OpenSSL, Secure SSH.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Middleware/ Weblogic Administrator
- Installed, configured and maintained various middleware J2EE engines, Weblogic 11g on Solaris 10, Linux servers and test external and internal web hosting environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle Weblogic suite 11g as part of Oracle fusion technologies.
- Used Korn Shell. Scripting was used to monitor the system environment.
- Involved in various Weblogic upgrades and migrations, Weblogic 8.1x to 10.x within the enterprise.
- Set up Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) communication between web servers Apache Tomcat and WebLogic Application Server.
- Administered Apache Tomcat 5.5 and WebLogic server involving 20+ Java Applications
- Worked closely to configure the Big IP F5 Load Balancer
- Worked closely with multiple support teams such as the QA testing team for performance/ load/ stress testing of applications and monitoring/tuning the application parameters and acted as a single point of contact with third party vendors for errors and bug fixes within the product.
- Automated the Deployment process of various WAR, JAR, and EAR applications in clustered environment using ANT scripts.
- Used WLST to get run-time parameters. Generated and analyzed Heap dump and Thread dump. Monitored WebLogic performance using Wiley Interscope.
- Troubleshoot production environment problems and participate in the team’s 24/7 on call support rotation. Expert in solving environment problems which includes Network issues, Database issues, application code, etc.
- Monitoring of WebLogic resources (WAR, EAR, JMS, JDBC) using tools such as wily introscope and JProbe.
- Good experience with Change Control processes to make updates in prod/DR environments.
- TOAD was used for viewing the Oracle Dictionary, tables, indexes and stored procedures.
- Installed BEA patches using SmartUpdate tool, and troubleshooting application and post-installation issues.
- Installed and Configured apache, iPlanet and IIS Plug-ins for WebLogic.
- Design, Configuration and Testing of IBM MQ 6.0 Series as a foreign JMS with WebLogic Server.
- Dealt with troubleshooting of issues like Out of Memory (OOM), High CPU Utilization and Server Hang.
Environment: Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Windows 2003, Solaris 10, Apache 2.x, JDK 1.4/1.6, IIS 6.0, TOAD, J2EE, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, XML, iPlanet 7, SiteMinder 6.0, OpenSSL, Eclipse, Wily introscope, JProbe and CVS.
Application Development/ Support Engineer
- Requirements analysis, design and development.
- Worked on preparing the detailed design document.
- Developed the User Interface using Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlets and Front Controller.
- Database design and connectivity done by using JDBC Bridge
- Wrote SQL Queries and PL/SQL procedures for the application.
- Used Eclipse for the development purpose.
- Building and Deployment of WAR, JAR files on test, stage and production servers.
- Involved in tracking and resolving Production issues.
- Configured and maintained WebLogic server with JDBC Connection Pool, JMS, JNDI, SNMP and J2EE Services.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat and Sun ONE (iPlanet) Web Server.
- Troubleshooting, Load balancing, Testing and Code Profiling to measure the performance of the various applications deployed in WebLogic Server.
- Developed many shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebLogic and recover the backed up WebLogic configuration.
Environment: Java 1.4, WebLogic Server 8.1, Apache Tomcat, Sun One, J2EE, Web Services, LDAP, XML, Windows, SQL Server.