Experienced IT professional with four years in the Confidential . Over twelve years of experience in working with DoD civilians, military & civilian officials, leading people, project management and improving processes within respective organizations.
Problem solving Multi - tasking Prioritizing in fast paced environments Ability to work with senior leaders Responsive to customer needs Detailed-oriented Self-starter Team Player/Builder Flexible Mentor Subordinates Strong work ethic Strong customer service, communication, and writing skills
System Administrator/ Analyst
- Researches, evaluates, tests, communicates and implements new security software or devices. Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, and hardware, telecommunications and information systems security education/awareness programs.
- Assists with or conducts routine investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management. Responds to queries and requests for computer security information and reports. Assists with the day-to-day security relevant operational maintenance, support and upgrades for operating systems, workstations, and security related hardware.
- Performs basic software patching and security upgrades to operating systems and software packages
- Ensure system support needs are met for certification & accreditation, system implementation, operation & maintenance, and IA compliance.
- Serves as Security Engineer implement, and enforce technical and administrative security measures and processes to ensure all system achieve and maintain government compliance with directives outline in the JAFAN 6/3, JSIG, ICD 503, DODIIS, and NISPOM Chapter 8.
- Responsible for maintaining System Security Plans (SSP) and all documentation associated with Federal Information System Management Act
- Assist with providing security solutions to optimize performance and ensure security measures are elevated.
- Assist with providing Windows and Storage Administrations support
- Install, configure and maintain network equipment such as switches, end point protection, patches, firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Responsible for responding to security incidents through investigating and reporting security violations as appropriate. Ensures proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Assist with maintaining the information security education program, including leading training as required.
- Provide support for Microsoft Server (2008, 2012). Installs all required software including (Microsoft Office, Adobe, Matlab, Symantec Endpoint Protection, GFI Endpoint Protection, Roxio)
- Manage, upgrade and maintain of 3 servers with 10 + workstation to every server
- Responsible for managing/upgrading/maintaining of all standalone workstation (Windows XP and 7)
- Ensuring all workstation are complaint to the DCID 6/9 and DISA STIG
- Appointed the Alternate COMSEC Custodian Manager
- Responsible for $200K+ in COMSEC equipment; zero asset losses--critical to org's mission capability & productivity
- Managed COMSEC acct; ensured 3 item accountability-- "Excellent" rating from (unnamed) COMSEC office
- Ensured all required info correctly documented, processed for all mission related tasks--vital to successful operations
Mid- Level Security Operations Specialist
- Interface with high-level government clients to resolve technical issues by utilizing BMC Remedy to submit trouble tickets, and Integrated Logistics Support Systems (ILSS) Maximo to manage service request for Office of Technology Innovation and Acquisition (OTIA) production border systems.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Utilize BMC Remedy and ILSS Maximo to report incidents and events, track troubleshooting efforts, analysis and diagnosis of reported incidents and system issues.
- Review and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) for managing and validating resolution of trouble tickets and service requests.
- Perform Enterprise backup and restoration with Symantec Veritas and NetBackup applications.
- Provides subject matter expertise in account management and access control listing, collaborates with Tier 1,2,3 to provide support with Active Directory (AD), Cisco Access Control Server (CISCO ACS) for account management and access control of OTIA NOC/SOC.
- Performs Tier 1 support for managing security Incident Event Management (SIEM) by utilizing SNARE/Syslog-NG, Netcool, OMNIBus, and ArcSight applications for security event logging and correlating. Implements analytical methodologies to form contextual analysis of correlated security events through the use of ArcSight.
- Coordinates with Tier 2 to use Tenable Nessus application for vulnerability management of the OTIA NOC/SOC environment. Performs vulnerability scans ensuring systems are configured accordingly and not susceptible to threats. Performs non-intrusive vulnerability assessments periodically against both critical and non-critical systems during peak and non-peak hours. Collaborates with Tier 1-3 NOC/SOC to generate vulnerability assessment reports and system Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Utilize WinMagic SecureDoc and McAfee Endpoint Policy Orchestrator (ePO) applications for endpoint encryption and enterprise anti-virus management of the OTIA NOC/SOC environment.
Information Systems Security Officer
- Lead a team of 5 in the creation, implementation and distribution of over 4,000 SIPR token cards while maintain 100% accountability.
- Manages and tracks SIPR hard-token with Inventory Logistics Systems and Cognos which is distributed enterprise wide and reviewed daily.
- Distributed mass communication via DIA classified network to internal and external DIA employees (military, civilian, and contracts)
- Created a structural break down in four phases for worldwide deployment of SIPR token cards.
- Contributed to the creation of a cloud environment to house information for operational use.
- Advise system owners regarding security considerations in applications systems procurement or development, implementation, operation and maintenance, and disposal activities (i.e. life cycle management).
- Participate in risk assessments to periodically re-evaluate sensitivity of the system, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Relocated 20 web-based applications (running on Windows (2003 and 2008, IIS, SQL, Apache, Oracle, Tomcat, Linux, UNIX, etc) from an existing data center to a remote datacenter running server 2003/2008
- Provide Tier 2 technical support responsible for the management of PKI keys and certificates for the DoDIIS community, to include distribution of private keys and certificates (users, server, role base, and group), revocation of key, and recovery of lost keys.
- Configures monitors and issues user and server certificates to DIA Luna server which services over 50,000 customers globally.
- Provided help desk support, operations, and training for customers utilizing government/personal computers either by telephone or on-site relative to desktop hardware and software packages for users.
- Create and distribute daily accountability reports to DIA stakeholders detailing system failures, high level leadership concerns as well as any emerging issues with DIA servers
Helpdesk Technician III
- Performed Password Resets and Account Unlocks using Active Directory.
- Validated incoming service and change requests and establishes call/problem tickets within the tracking tool for resolution and resource allocation.
- Resolved, updated, and provided guidelines and status on tickets relating to production, products, hardware and software, Windows OS, office automation applications, network management and server systems management. Incumbent is accountable for the timely and accurate input, resolution and status of services request to customers of the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) and must ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Monitored Network traffic for system outages and completed daily system back-ups.
- Utilized enterprise level tracking software to create, assign and monitor Service Desk tickets, service requests and outages according to policy.
- Participated in regular reviews of tickets and service requests to assure quality standards.
- Refers unresolved situations to appropriate IT staff
- Collaborated with staff members within NGA Service Desk department to maintain the tracking of tickets
- Logged and tracked inquiries using service request management database, and maintains history records and related documentation. Promptly categorized, generated, routed and escalated, when necessary.
- Ensured timely acknowledgement and remediation activities by assigning resources, executing follow-up and then escalating per company policy
- Maintained ticket queues, ensuring all assigned work were accounted for and properly documented.
- Developed and implemented effective problem management and resolution processes which allowed for customer request to be completed in a timelier manner.
- Ensure timely escalation (High, Medium and Low priority) of issues to the appropriate support teams
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams by providing ongoing, scheduled updates to stakeholders throughout the life of a request or incident
- Utilized Remote Resolution Methods (i.e. SMS) to resolved customer issues - updating user settings, reinstalling software, etc.
- Performed Network, Server and profile troubleshooting for over 2,000 customers World-wide.
- Configured in MS Outlook and MS Office Suite.
- Granted folder access, maps printers and provide shared drive access.
Active Directory Administrator/ Microsoft Exchange Administrator
- Performed technical support on-site, via phone, or home support .
- Created, Modified, Deleted accounts in Active Directory to ensure system integrity.
- Monitored and grant permissions to shared folders, exchange distribution/organizational boxes.
- Diagnosed, isolate, and resolve system failures.
- Evaluated software and hardware for possible future use.
- Diagnose, isolate, and resolve system failures.
- Evaluate software and hardware for possible future use.
Computer Support Analysis
Confidential, Andrews AFB, MD
- Provided executive level support for over 300 customers.
- Supported the TOP 19 personnel assigned to the Pentagon.
- Managed the maintenance and problem solutions for standard desktop system environment for pc
- Performed technical support on-site, via phone, or home support on base.
- Used Remote Desktop Manager and SMS to resolve computer related issues.
- Monitored and supported the following application and software (Windows XP, Vista, Adobe Acrobat products, Remedy, Symantec Anti-virus, Microsoft Office 2003-2007, etc).
- Provided hardware/software for printer
- Provided technical assistant with Blackberry (8830, 9630, 9650, etc) which includes hardware\software configuration.
- Provided VPN (Virtual Private Network) support via telephone or on-site support by software configuration.
- Ability to write engaging technical documents to assist users in software usage.
- Performed leadership duties by responding to upper manager question, concerns, and phone calls in a timely manner and training new employees.
- Informed premiere customer of any changes, updates, and problems occurring with our network, servers, and peripherals devices.
Computer Systems Technician/ Webpage Maintainer
- Ensured all webpage’s were in accordance with DoD Federal Laws and Air Force Instructions.
- Webmaster for Langley base web-pages ensuring up-to-date information readily available.
- Maintained government websites with the most up to date software.
- Maintained 350+ computers with the latest application, software, and hardware by configuring, troubleshooting, and updating.
- Managed and performed a 100% accountability of computers and printers by-annually.
- Managed multiple projects including file plans, ADPE (Automatic Data Processing Equipment), GTC (Government Travel Card), government order for military personnel’s.
- Created and maintained highly effective organizational and filing systems, to include quick and thorough indexing.
- Set up high level conference calls, board and management meeting, special events, and travel orders for personnel.