- A result - driven IT professional with a progressive experience in engineering, administration, and support of Information Systems. Expertise in the implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting, and documentation of LAN/WAN network systems.
- Strong hands on technical knowledge with CCNA Voice, CCNP Route, and Switch s. Proven ability to lead and motivate project teams to ensures success. A track record for diagnosing complex problems and consistently delivering effective solutions.
- Experience Information Technologist for the last 11 yrs. working in various roles from Technology Instructor, Health Fitness Trainer, Low Voltage Tech, desk-top Analyst, IT technicians, Voice collaborator\voice technicians and for the last 7 yrs. more focus as a Network Engineer.
- I bring a with a host of exposure with hands-on experience working with many different technologies Listed below, while serving in many diverse settings, from small, Mid to large sized Networks. I spent 5 yrs.
- With Confidential working as an NOC tech and Operation Network Engineer.
- Experience with direct face- face client as a Project coordinator\Lead Tech for cut - overs and various deployment projects such as Installation, and Configuration, upgrading and troubleshooting\initial support for the deployed technology. Facilitated Pre - Maintenance outages and troubleshooting with third party ISP, Telecom and Network companies to plan and design and deploy WAN and Lan services.
- 4 yrs. As an Information Instructor teaching Medical students and Doctors about the uses of Medical Insurance with in the Medical Office and on Office software such as MEd iSOFT and epic for Icd-9 and Medical and HIPPA Laws some Osha templets. Class sizes 32 I taught 8 classes with a lecture- hall.
- Personal Trainer for 15 yrs. Working demonstrating strength and discipline for clients.
- Currently hold an MBA in IT project management currently working on Doctorate in IT Management.
- I am an overly positive person that never see failure as a way out. I learn from my mistakes never to produce the same results in succession that led me there in the first place for I am not perfect but because I m a team player and self-starter with excellent technical, analytical and communications skills looking for a position that will lead me to the place I want to be. That is to finally work with a company that will allow me to grow with them to be successful for the long-term as a manager or Director optimally
Systems: Windows Work station and Server AD, XP- windows 10, some Linux, Red hat flavors, F5(LIMITED) Ubuntu, windows Office suite 2008,2016. Visio. CUCM 8.6- 10, Telnet, FTP, PING utilities wire shark packet capture, Remedy\service now ticketing systems.
Hardware: Routers\switches- Cisco, 1600,2600,3600,7000,7200, Nexus 4k,5k,9k; Catalyst Series Switches, 2900,3000,4500,5000,5500. All personal computer Hardware Including Compaq, Dell, and Confidential PC’s. Adtran CSU-DSU’s, servers repair (Blade servers HP, DELL)
Firewalls\Wireless: Some fortigate and Palo alto, Cisco AP, Aruba AP.
Networking Protocols and Standards: DNS, WINS, DHCP, VoIP CCNA, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, BGP customer edge, slight Provider Edge, VPN Site to site, DMVPN, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, RIPV2, ISDN, NAT, PAT, VLAN BRI/PRI.T1/E1, Frame Relay, IEEE 802.1D\ IEEE 802.1w spanning Tree, Raid STP, VPC, Fiber optics LAN/WAN, of Hrsp, Vrrp, STP, L3 Switching.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Duties Included but not limited to-Monitoring network performance, ensures capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for timely improvements.
- Performed F5 production of public cert for School Web sites.
- Performed creation, upgrades and troubleshooting of Aruba wireless network thru-out entire network.
- Configure and troubleshooting Configuration and Network outages of Nexus 5k,7k,9k devices, 2960x, 3750G and other Platforms.
- Monitor network outages and devices such as Interfaces, circuits and Third party devices such as Comcast Modems and At@t PNT devices, such as solar winds and SNMP. While working with this third parties’ vendors for Planned outages.
- Performed Trouble shooting of Cisco VoIP issues, such as configuring phones and CTI, Hunt groups etc.
- Perform planning and installation of Network devices layer 2 and Layer 3 High Availability, such as, Hrsp, Vrrpv3 and Port channels, VPC on new sites build outs and to improve current sites for better efficacies.
- Performed Palo alto functions and VPN set up with Cisco VGA or site to site production.
IT Network Engineer
Confidential, Mt. Prospect, IL
- Ability to trouble shoot and install routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, RIP).
- Installation and decommission of various Cisco routers and switches as well as staging.
- Familiar with the configuration of Hrsp, Vrrp, STP, L3 Switching as it relates to core, distribution and access layers and troubleshoot of protocols
- Break fix \ Troubleshooting with remote Techs (DTR) and third party vendors of VoIP Components FXO, FXS, Drive-Thru stations, Black boxes, low voltage Physical Layer issues as an Expert in various Cisco Hardware\software components. Notwithstanding a resources for depot managers and techs who called for technical fixes and workarounds for issues to network hardware and other components.
- Performed UTM firewall configuration (Forte net Firewall) Walgreen stores.
- Provided bridge support to VoIP Admin if needed of the VoIP Network with configuration of Call Manager and Cisco-Phones\Troubleshooting of PSTN connected networks associated with Telco vendors (Sprint, Cross-Com and Quest) troubleshooting of circuit protocols of (BGP, Frame Relay and MPLS issues associated with Circuit Vendors)
- Involved with initial project development of 6 project with the Walgreen infrastructure (Worked with the Director of IT and various Managers as part of team and deployment\ provided feedback of project and improvements if needed)
- Perform operation of Ticket system (Remedy) to assure that an issue within the network form level 1-3 is closed with support and follow-up if needed.
- Performed back-up\restore crucial network devices of Confidential via Network authority (similar to SAN)
- Conduct necessary QA of sites using Wall-Net and other various Internets programs within the Confidential network (Similar to Sap and ERP).
IT Technician (On Assignment)
Confidential, Hammond, IN
- Performed configuration of software and network tools to be utilized by Confidential,
- Programmed Laptops were mounted within the techs service vehicle via VSAT service (Wintel system types)
- Perform and support for the installation and service of New VSAT computers as well as 100% travel back if support was needed (traveling some 100 miles if needed)
- Able to work with and train any type of personality with a cheerful demeanor and handle any network issue associated with the deployment of the Laptops and services
Confidential, Warrenville, IL
- Skilled at troubleshooting and replacing hardware on Confidential, HP and Dell laptops and desktops
- Performed Troubleshooting as well as some repairs on Windows XP\7\vista and I.E. 6 errors (Wintel systems types) Help desk duties.
- Remote Accessibility on entire Network of Confidential Quarters composed of (3000+ users).
- Performed Resolution of tickets via remedy offered daily support and feedback of each ticket closed.
- Hardware and software/operating system related. Including VPN, Active director duties
- Install third party software as needed. Operated from ticked based system (Remedy) Thru Help desk\desk top duties.
- Performed deportation of patches with the aid of scripts to fix PCs per directions as needed
IT Field Engineer Lead Field Tech
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Traveled 100% of the time to selected sites for conversion from analog to Vo IP installed Cisco equipment including routers and switches, decommission and installation of PBX devices, Configuration of Cisco Switches\routers and Avaya phone systems
- Provided technical support and after conversion of selective sites, desktop support
- Installed RJ45 and RJ11 lines from T1 connection ions, PRI and Fire alarm issues and a host of other cables with routers and network infrastructure
- Provided additional hardware support including printers, copiers, fax machines, and scanners for Bank of America
- Performed security check of surrounding area to be worked by taking pictures of before and after shots of the work area for Quality Assurance
- Performed Survey of Site to make needed recommendations for future project.
- Optimization of selected businesses thru surveys of site of machines from pc, printers, scanners and various PBX servers for included with recommendations
- Perform Data drops for current telecommunication schematics
- Tested Cisco SRST testing along with (9-1-1), fire for phone systems to verify they were collaborating with both services and centers (in various cities).
IT Technical Support
- Identified, diagnosed, and resolved Level 1-3 Network Issues, personal Computer software and hardware for labs and classes; communicated solutions to end-users.
- Diagnosed and resolved end-user network or local printer problems, Cisco Routers and switches, PC hardware problems and mainframe, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and Other local-area network access problems
- Liaison for LAN Managers in Colorado and, California and other Technical Business functions- Added Remote Options.
- Involved in Producing Adult Student Instructional\ Material for the Software and Medical Office Duties
- As a software and Medical Trainer trained approximately (10k+) Adult students during my tenure on software Implemented in the Medical field. f Adult students; as well as, Medical Doctors in the distinctions of Medical software from the simple to complex within the Medical community for patient records, Insurance and diagnosis and procedure accounts
- CPT and ICD-9 codes - Medical Billing and coding, as well keyboarding dexterity
- Instruction also included sessions on receiving and giving Excellent customer service
- In OSHA Medical skills for Medical Safety
Field Operation Supervisor
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Supervised a staff of (2000) Individuals.
- Handled all recruiting,, and evaluating a field or decentralized office operations
- Analyzed performance, progress, and costs reports for a decentralized workforce or office operation
- Processed payroll for entire staff department
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Performed Electronic environment, desktop support, help desk service of window environment
- Enhanced electronic texts and online learning environments by writing instructions for resources and tools used by City College Students
- Developed interactive tutorials and other al Activities.
- Generated new information in the form of reports, online help, tutorials, and other documents relevant to project works
- Hosted workshops, conferences and meetings, both in person, electronically and via web conferencing