To obtain a position in the Information Technology field, utilizing my education and work experience in System Engineering.
- Experienced Systems Engineer with over 20 years of networking, database, hardware, and software administration.
- Extensive knowledge of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting network issues.
- Proficient in all Windows platforms (Windows 3.x - Win 3k Prof, Win3kR2 & Win8kR2 Server).
- Very strong troubleshooting skills in LAN environment.
- Fully qualified for installation and configuration of MS operating systems on Compaq and Dell desktops and servers; and installation and administration of network print servers and HP printers.
- Managed, administered Active Directory, Windows cross- Domains, & account management, etc.
- Installation and configuration of DHCP, WINS, and DNS servers.
- Understanding of Ethernet networks, backups, firewalls, vlans, hubs, and switches.
- Performed Acceptance and Testing in a production environment.
- Experienced professional in aiding, training, and supporting clients.
- Solid understanding of networking principles, able to analyze reported problems efficiently and provide solutions.
- I possess strong project/time management skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- I am able to work efficiently and effectively on a multitude of tasks,
- Also, I am customer service oriented and able to work well in stressful situations.
NOS Systems: Windows Active Directory, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation/Server, Windows 2000 Professional/Server, Win2K Advanced Server, Win2003, Win2008R2, Win2012, XP, and MS Office Suites (2000, 2003, 2007, & 2010), Altiris Deployment Console, Cisco, Win 7 Enterprise Lotus Notes Mail 4.55, DCA 3270, PC Anywhere, SQL 7.0/, 2010, Webtrends, IIS, Cold Fusion, Compaq Smart Start, Remedy, Siebel, Banyan Vines, Exchange 5.5 and Novell 3.12, Symantec 11.0, Ghost Server, DameWare, What s UP Gold, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003 , 2007, & 2010 LanDesk, WinMagic 4.3, Entrust- PKI Certificates/CAC (Common Access Cards), Data Armor Encryption, VBS Scripting, SCCM 2007, SCCM 2012, SCOM 2012, Credeant, SolarWinds, & HP OpenView
Hardware: Dell Computer PC for series GX1, GXa, GN, and Compaq Prosignia, Presario, and Compaq Deskpro, Dell Optiplex workstations, and Dell Latitude Laptops (all models)
IBM 3650 Servers & Dell 1855 Blade Servers: Installation and configuration of Compaq Proliant Servers (DL 380, 5500, 1850, 360, 580, 380G2, and 6400) and also responsible for racking and cabling of servers to Patch Panel to Network Card and Switch Port, HA Fiber Optic Hubs, SSL Accelerator, Nokia Firewalls, 2900 Cisco Catalyst, Cat 5 cabling, Fiber Optic cabling (SC-FC, SC-SC, etc) on NIPR/SIPR networks.
Server/Desktop: image cloning using Ghost Server, Windows Deployment Service, & DFRS
Systems Administrator - Team Lead
- Maintained, Managed Active Directory user accounts, file shares, & cross - domain environment
- Build, maintain & managed Windows 2003, 2008R2, & 2012 Server operating systems (domain controllers, active directory, & DNS, etc)
- Designing, deploying, & maintaining VmWare (Ver 5.5) hosts, farms, and guests.
- Software deployments (using custom developed based scripts for Confidential applications)
- Developed SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Monitor systems performances, system health checks, & troubleshot problem areas as needed using Confidential tools
- Responsible for coordinating & deploying all Confidential approved patches & anti-virus updates with the Confidential IA security team ( Confidential Information Assurance Security team)
- Monitor backups & resolve failures (SolarWinds)
- Managed BizTalk Enterprise application & processed documents
- Managed & maintained BizTalk Application Integration
- Using Vsphere (VMWare 5.5) remote client tool to manage, & administrate VMWare virtual infrastructure (apps servers, database servers, web servers, HA Clusters, data stores, & patching)
- Also coordinated all storage allocations on network SAN using EMC solution
Systems Engineer - Team Lead
- Maintain AD user accounts, file shares and printing
- Build, maintain and manage Windows 2003 and 2008 Server R2 Servers
- Build and administer Window Clustering
- SQL 2005/2008/2008 R2 in distributed/clustered environments
- Designing, deploying, and maintaining VMware hosts, farms, and guests.
- Backup & Restore management of the Virtual and Blade servers
- Manages Group Policy and provide server administration
- Monitor backups and resolve failures
- Install, maintain and administer MS IIS web Servers, Trend Micro and Microsoft SQL databases
- Create and maintain Organizational Unit (OU) design
- Monitors systems performance and troubleshoots problem areas as needed
- Deploying Windows server updates
- Produce system documentation and provide status reports related to detailed project plans
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Assisted with implementation of infrastructure for BRAC Project to Mark Center migrating from physical server to virtual server environment on Pentagon backbone
- Multi - site, single domain Active Directory environment (OCONUS/CONUS)
- Responsible for server administration/maintaining on 300 virtual/physical servers
- Remote administration using various tools (VMWare, HP ILO)
- Responsible for administration/deployment of all server updates, application packages, workstation images using SCCM 2012
- Managed system health checks using SCOM 2012
- Designing/Implementing/Administration, and troubleshooting MS Windows 2003 Active Directory in a large multi-forest environment
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 1500.
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment.
- Setting up and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC s.
- Computer life - cycle replacements utilizing Norton Ghost.
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco products
- Deliver written weekly reports to supervisor.
- Working with Helpdesk Ticketing systems, Excel spreadsheets, and various databases.
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements
Sr. Systems Administration
- Administration, monitoring and optimization of the global Windows ( R2) AD and application Server Infrastructure
- Administration of MS Infrastructure Services such as Wins, DNS, DHCP, AD replication, DFRS
- Administration of MS SQL, MS SharePoint 2007/2010, MS Enterprise Search Server and MS Exchange Server
- Administration, monitoring and optimization of the MS exchange infrastructure, including underlying sub systems like mail gateways and spam filters, and AV servers
- Service monitoring, alerting, reporting and continuous improvement of the service quality and availability.
- Server (standalone and virtual) design, installations, maintenance and upgrades for Windows systems following project and application requirements
- Support all Windows servers and related hardware, primarily consisting of Dell and HP server technology
- Project planning assistance, developing project plans for the implementation of technologies and systems
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- LDAP, DNS configuration, and STIGs
- Systems management
Sr. Systems Administration
- Responsible for performing duties of Windows 2003/2008
- Good Hardware/ Software troubleshooting skills
- Able to support multiple projects with direct guidance/ supervision and complete projects on schedule
- Knowledge of data backup/recovery tools in Windows environment
- System application administration for web - based or database applications
- Responsible for technical assessment/support of hardware and software across enterprise
- Experience with planning, testing, installation, and integration of new Windows operating systems
- Documented/executed software installations of updates to server patches
- Responsible for monitoring system resources to maintain operating system performances
- Performed/Maintained system security administration user accounts via Active Directory
- Coordinated scheduled downtime for maintenance reboots and restores
- Maintained operation of multi user computer systems setting up administrators and service accounts
- Maintain system documentation, tuning system performance
- Installation of system wide software and allocated mass storage space
Sr. Systems Administration
- Provide trouble call resolution
- Input trouble calls into ticket tracking system
- Resolve trouble calls; in person, over phone and through email
- Use remote tools such as remote desktop to analyze and resolve trouble issues
- Provide follow - up service to end-users to ensure that service provided by the Technical Support Center has addressed their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- In depth knowledge of the following operating systems, software, and systems: Microsoft Office Suite 2003 and later, Adobe Professional, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), printers, scanners, laptops, desktop computers, and desktop encryption software
- Resets passwords
- Account Setup
- Configuration of hardware and software
- Installs Microsoft Windows Patches and updates
- Load computer with government furnished system images
- Familiarity with blackberry support
- Assist with the setup of Video Teleconferencing sessions, training classrooms, and other conference room requests.
- Perform computer re-images, assist users with data back and restore, and installation of software applications.
- Assist with the installation of software and security updates to client systems.
- Assist with the installation and troubleshooting of printers, scanners, desktop, and laptop computers.
- Assist customers with encryption and data recovery procedures.
- Assist in the research, evaluation, testing, selection, procurement, implementation and maintenance of new software/hardware/systems.
- Document customer and software configurations and develop and/or update standard operating procedures and training materials.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Sr. System Administrator
- Server administration (user account creation/deletion, password resets, etc)
- Server backup/recovery: ( BackupExec 9.1) and HP MSL 6060 robotic tape loaderIncident response, system\server restoration practices, file, mailbox, and mailstore backup and restoration practices
- Blackberry server/client support
- Network share access requests
- Deployment of OS patches
- Backup/Recovery of applications, shares, data, etc
- Network infrastructure administration/support/troubleshooting
- Designing/Implementing/Administration, and troubleshooting MS Windows 2003 Active Directory in a large multi - forest environment
- Server Builds- using IBM 3650 with Ghost Casting Server with Raid 1/Raid 5 configurations
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Responsible for end - user support and administration in Windows 2000/Windows 2003 environments inclusive of Active Directory user, workstation/server administration
- Access Control assignment and delegation, GPO development, administration, and implementation
- Responsible for desktop OS installation and configuration
- Responsible for desktop hardware installation and configuration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and BackOffice products inclusive of configuration, administrative and troubleshooting functions and methods
- Laptop Encryptions using WinMagic 4.3
- Using Remote Desktop or LanDesk tools to troubleshoot workstations remotely