- 8+ years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process, AWS, Devops and Build/Release management.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHELH 4.x/5.x
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Watch, IAM, EC2, RDS, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, RunDeck, Auto Scaling, Route53, SNS and Lambda.
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Infrastructures and experience of setting up, working in, and managing large virtualized landscapes.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Hands on experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) service such as Compute Engine, App Engine, Firewall, Container Engine, Big Query, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, Cloud Pub/Sub and Stackdriver.
- In depth experience on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using Azure, AWS and Google cloud platform (GCP), Hands on experience with container orchestration with kubernetes using OpenShift.
- Experience in Deployment and operation of ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana).
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances and setting up security groups.
- Setting up data in AWS using S3bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket .
- Expertise on object oriented programming languages C, C++, Java, Python, YAML and Ruby.
- Installed, configured multiple operating systems onsite and provisioned similar instances on AWS cloud .
- Extensive Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks and Modules to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Managed servers on AWS cloud platform using Chef Configuration management tools.
- Ability to manage SCM processes like compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes .
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from development through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management capabilities with Ansible and Openshift.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and Bit bucket.
- Strong command on source controller concepts such as Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Good exposure in administering version controls (GIT, SVN) to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Extensive Experience working with tools SVN , GIT (version control), ANT , Maven , Gradle (Build automation and standardization), Jenkins , Putty , SQL , JIRA .
- Expertise in AWS serverless compute service Lambda . Extensive usage of AWS lambda to trigger changes in data shifts and action by users.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and managing Docker Containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Apache Tomcat using Docker and integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database.
- Experience configuring and managing Puppet master server and experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to Puppet clients.
- Experienced on creation of Puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Installed and Administered Jenkins CI for Maven Builds.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Strong knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins and Hudson.
- Extensive experience in Application Deployments and Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt stack, and Terraform.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Expertise in Devops tools like urban code deploys puppet and chef.
- Developed puppet manifests for different application and web servers like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Web Sphere, Web Logic applications.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process and migrating in - house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Involved in functional usage & deployment of applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat Server.
- Used New Relic and New Relic Insights to identify real time issues and resolved issues using various tools such as automated slack bot APIs, Rundeck and logging directly into the AWS console.
- Strong experience administering installing and monitoring Web Logic applications.
- Strong understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, Servlet/JSP, SQL, XML, JSON, HTML.
- Responsible for API design and development, and building tools and frameworks to support continuous integration and development.
- Experienced in working on Devops/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experience in installing Docker using Docker tool box.
- Source code management is performed using GIT from master repository and knowledge on Container management using Docker in creating images. Familiarity with Docker Swarm.
- Inventoried and administered Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), FreeBSD and VMware ESXi, VCenter, VSphere, VMware Workstation servers, writing several utilities to manage them simultaneously.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, RUBY and SHELL scripts.
- Monitored the servers & applications using Nagios and Splunk.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX, RHEL, CentOS
Source control tools: Subversion, Bit bucket and GIT
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Google cloud platform(GCP), RunDeck, Lambda, Terra Form
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Languages: Shell scripting, Power Shell, SQL, Java/J2EE, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby
Tracking tools: Jira
Testing tools: JUnit, Selenium
Web servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx
Databases: Oracle, MY SQL, Dynamo DB, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk
Container Technology: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
Cloud Technology: Amazon Web Services
Confidential, Davidson, NC
Sr. Devops & AWS Engineer
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Chef configuration management system.
- Created and updated Chef Manifests and modules, files, and packages.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS cloud formation templates.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and lifecycle management for Ubuntu Linux using AmazonEC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Chef to deploy and manage applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version control setups like GIT and integration tools Jenkins
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Designing and documenting the deployment and migration process.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Creating solutions for documents for projects as per requirements based on customer.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Implemented centralized logging using ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana (ELK). Added Redis in between client and server logstash nodes for caching/persistence to enable real-time online updates to the logstash configuration.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Deployed the applications into web application servers.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios.
- Implemented Nagioscore/XI for monitoring Infrastructure resources.
- Set up customized monitoring with Nagios, & PNP4Nagios Graphs for the legacy and new environments.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Lead engagements with cloud automation and orchestration tools such as OpenShift or other commercial PaaS offerings
- Bootstrapping automation scripting for virtual servers, using VMware clusters.
- Worked with serverless function Lambda in hosting Java web applications.
- Automated the contiguous process writing code using shell, Bash, python scripting 3.6.0 languages.
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins as Continuous Integration Server on Linux machines.
- Working with Docker practices by AWS, Elastic Bean stalk& Docker with Kubernetes.
- Added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Worked on AWS lambda for deploying application with zero downtime in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for pipeline.
- Responsible for various repository management activities in Git like branching, tagging, rebasing and merging.
- The team deploys the code in QA, UAT and Prod using tools like Jenkins, Rundeck and Puppet.
- Developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell, Python and Perl scripts.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Experienced in using Nexus and Art factory Repository Managers for Maven Builds.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere, Web Logic, Tomcat.
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB, Cassandra and Elastic Cache to perform basic database administration build.
- Creating Virtual machines for Red hat Linux and Solaris on VMware ESX and also administering them with Virtual Infrastructure client.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
Environment: Chef, AWS, Maven, Sonar Qube, Nagios, Python, Shell, Lambda, VMware, GCP, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, GIT, SVN, RunDeck, Apache Web server, JBoss, Apache JMETER, GIT, SVN, Windows, Ruby, ELK, Chef, Terraform, JIRA, Kubernetes, Openshift, Cassandra
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Sr. Devops & AWS Engineer
- Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Jenkins, and the deployment of those environments using containers, like Docker.
- Extensively used ANT, MAVEN, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Used GCP App Engine for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java
- Strong Hands-on Experience in Google container builders and GCP client libraries and cloud SDK's and Used GCP HTTP(S) load balancing with Google Cloud storage buckets.
- Experienced in Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous deployment(CD) using technologies/tools like Ant, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins/Hudson, Splunk and knowledge of other tools like MS Build, TFS, Team City and Sona type Nexus as Devops Engineer.
- Integration of Jenkins with Jira, GitHub.
- Installing and configuring Terraform and building the infrastructure using terraform configuration file.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to build, test and deploy applications on Google's framework for the web, portable, and backend arrangements.
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub, SVN.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and GCP AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our CI server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Knowledge on Stack Driver Monitoring in GCP to check the alerts of the applications that run on the Google Cloud Platform and deploying on GCP using Google Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Maven to schedule the builds.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers.
- Implementing scalable system solutions as required
- Experiencing migration from Nexus to Art factory.
- Written Maven scripts, Shell script for end to end build and deploymentAI automation
- Configured F5 Load Balancer Implemented standard backup procedures for both application and Web Logic.
- Experience with REST, JSON, and SOAP web interfaces
- Worked with API testing tools like RestClient, Postman, SOAPUI.
- Familiar with working algorithm of CI through Jenkins.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Python& Perl scripts.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC architecture.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the Continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus). And Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, sync).
- Developed Bash and python Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations of Open Stack Nodes and the test playbooks on AWS instances using Python
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, Kubernetes, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Build, manage, and continuously improved build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT. Configured plug-in for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- I worked on branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Created GIT configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Handled Code reviews and merging Pull requests.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Build Java code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Used Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Worked on AWS EC2, IAM, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling group services.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe &modules for configuration management.
- Extensive knowledge on writing and deploying modules in puppet.
- Implemented Puppet for Automation in the Non-production environment.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in AWS cloud.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Worked on creation of puppet manifest files to install Web Logic instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Deployed the applications on multiple Web Logic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities.
- Maintaining GIT repositories using stash & handling build and Release deployment using Docker Marathon.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Use JIRA for change control & ticketing.
- Good working knowledge of Power Shell scripting on windows environment.
- Worked with Jira, a tool that handles DCR (defect Change Request) MR (Maintenance Request).
- Good experience in windows& VMware server automation using scripting language Power shell, VB Script.
- Have experience in scripts (Perl scripts, Shell scripts, etc.) that can run from a command line to check the status of a host or service by using Nagios.
Environment : AWS, Shell Scripting , VMware, Hudson, Jira, GIT, Web Logic, JBOSS, Maven, Jenkins, Art factory, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
- Experience in working GIT for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Deployment, implementation of Subversion (SVN) as source control, collaboration and project management, versioning and blame/issue tracking using Subversion (SVN).
- Created Build Jobs and Deployments in Jenkins.
- Involved in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Migrated source control tool from Clear Case to Subversion (SVN) and build tool from Ant to MAVEN
- Used Jenkins/Hudson to automate builds and deployments.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in company’s network.
- Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins and Subversion.
- Worked with Performance engineers on Configuration of the environment.
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in subversion using Perl and Chef Scripts.
- Updated and automated Release reports for Change Management.
- Supporting Local System Administrators to troubleshoot Configuration Management and Network issues.
- Analyzing and recommending hardware and software needs and installing them.
- Created and maintained continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and agile projects.
- Automated Linux production servers setup using Puppet scripts.
- Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
Environment: SVN, Jira, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Chef, Web Sphere Application Servers, JBoss Application Servers. Anthill Pro
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design & maintenance of Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and access control strategies.
- Created the branches in Subversion and Perforce to implement the parallel development process.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Chef and GIT.
- Configured and maintained Chef to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked on ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Versioning and Source control of codes using GIT concepts such as branching, merging, labeling/tagging, branches locking, access control and integration.
- Developed GIT hooks on local repository, code commit, remote repository, code push functionality, on GitHub
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Deployed the applications to Web Sphere Application Server 5.0 and static content to apache web servers.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Worked closely with software developers and Devops to debug software and system problems
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: Subversion, ANT, Git, RHEL, XML, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts