- A technocrat with over 8 years of experience in IT industry with imperative concentration on Linux System Administration, DevOps, AWS and in automating, building, and deploying code on servers.
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS services stack including EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Beanstalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, Key Management Service (KMS), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Load balancing, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud trail , SNS, SQS focusing on high availability, fault - tolerance and auto scaling .
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using chef configuration management tools and Created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC’s, Subnets, to ensure successful Cloud deployments and database templates . Deployed EC2 instances, attached security groups, attached profiles and roles using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Strong experience with AWS IAM service in creating IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers. And used them to restrict access to certain buckets from certain persons.
- Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- Experience working on Azure Cloud services, Azure storage , Azure Cli, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Expertise in Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration ( CI ) and for Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Expertise in Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN , Maven and ANT , Sonar cube analysis.
- Experienced in Version control tools like Subversion, GIT to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Developed Dev, Test and Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Ruby/Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Developed version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of cookbooks using Food Critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise Chef Server.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes and wrote several Ansible playbooks for the automation that was defined through tasks using YAML format and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Knowledge in Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Docker on GCP.
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm . Used Docker for local Application Deployment and test.
- Worked with Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services & deployed application containers as Pods. .
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile , SCRUM , and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced with Databases Like Cassandra, MongoDB, MySQL and Oracle SQL.
- Experienced with Nagios , Cloud Watch as IT Infrastructure Monitoring tool and knowledge on Splunk, SCOM .
- Configuring and managing the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Proficient with Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, JSON, YAML, Groovy scripting languages.
- Installation of Operating systems like Linux, Solaris, CentsOS, RHEL, Fedora.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA (for ticketing), Remedy and HP Quality Center.
- Good experience of working under various protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, POP, FTP, TCP/IT and SM.
- Configured and administered Tomcat , JBOSS , and Web logic Application servers for deployment.
- Coordinated different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects.
Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Orchestration Tools: Terraform, Cloud Formation
Automation Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, TeamCity, BuildForge
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build, Gradle
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), CVS, GIT, GIT Hub, Bitbucket
Ticketing Tools: Jira, Zabbix, Kanban, Scrum, ServiceNow, Remedy, Bugzilla
Repository Manager Tools: Nexus, Artifactory
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic, Sumo Logic, ELK
Testing Tools: Selenium, Selenium IDE, Junit, Cucumber
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, NOSQL, Cassandra DB, IBM
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Web Sphere, JBOSS, WebLogic Web
Virtualization Technologies: VMware - ESXi, vCenter, Vagrant, VM ware, Virtual Box
Operating Systems: Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Linux, Windows & Mac OS
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, Routers/Switches
SDLC: Agile, Waterfall
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Lambda, Cloud Formation, S3Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53, Glacier.
Confidential, New York
Sr DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Implemented Large Scale Cloud Infrastructure using AWS services ( S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53 , VPC, auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices ( IAM, Cloud watch and Cloud trail ) and services Lambda, EMR, RedShift, ECS, Elastic Bean Stalk, X-ray.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing Auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing , and Glacier for our Dev and Test environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and CHEF .
- Migrated present Linux environment to AWS/CentOS/RHEL by creating and executing a migration plan per scheduled timeline to complete the migration.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing the scripts for creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Deployed JSON template to create a stack in Cloud Formation which include services like Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon VPC, SQS and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, Used AWS Lambda with java to perform event driven processing. Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI.
- Used Route 53 to create Hosted Zones and different types of Record Sets, Routing Policies. And effectively handled data from different regions using load balancing and Route 53 .
- Used Identify and Access Management (IAM) to assign roles and to create and manage AWS users and groups, and user permissions to AWS resources.
- Working with best DevOps practices using AWS , Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes . And Changed AWS infrastructure from Elastic Beanstalk to Docker and used Kubernetes for Orchestration .
- Maintained the repository management tools like Artifactory to store the WAR, JAR files which are deployed by using chef in Jenkins tool.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven. Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR. Developed build and deployed scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to another environment.
- Installed and administrated GIT Source code tools and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the Branching strategies for GIT.
- Experienced in GIT forks, tagging, handling merge requests and notifications. Setting up the GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Wrote Chef Recipes for various applications and deployed them in AWS using Terraform.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation , Bootstrapped Nodes. Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Written CHEF Recipes for deployment on internal Data Centre Servers further modified the recipes to create Deployment directly to AWS EC2 instances.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in RUBY to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, Web Logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Expertise in setting up Docker and using Docker tool box. And creating Docker files for automation.
- Hands on experience in creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience in setting up the automated build on Docker HUB , and also managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm . Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker , Jenkins and GitHub .
- Created custom Cloud Watch metrics to monitor different parameters of the servers and DB's. Monitored Applications and Servers through Nagios , Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx .
- Created a Cassandra Cluster by adding more than one Node and observed how data is replicated between nodes.
- Worked closely with different projects for build and release SCM effort like Branching, Tagging, Merge, etc.
- Highly Expertise in Ticketing tool JIRA, Service Now to track defects and changes for change management.
- Ensure deployments happen in blue/green concept and ensure that there is business continuity, site reliability and manage applications by providing necessary monitoring 24x7
- Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete tasks effectively, and efficiently where customer service and technical skills are demanded.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Route 53, AMI, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CLI, CDN), Docker, Chef, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Cron, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, Autoscaling, WebSphere, Route53, DNS, Bamboo Nagios, Cassandra, RHEL 5.11/6.x.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
DevOps /cloud Engineer
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMware Vm's as required in the environment.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and non-relational databases including MS SQL , MySQL , Cassandra and MongoDB can be used in AWS RDS .
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC , subnets , EC2 instances , ELB 's, security groups.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to discuss code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Used API Gateway to visually monitor calls to the services using cloud watch, so you see performance metrics and information on API calls, data latency, and error rates.
- AWS EC2 and Cloud watch services. CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins . Automation of manual tasks using Shell scripting .
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, and Auto-Scaling .
- Integrated Maven, GIT, Nexus and other build tools with Jenkins to automate the builds and Continuous Integration process.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT .
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Managed the Maven Repository using JFrog Artifactory tool and furthermore used it to share the snapshots.
- Managing the code migration from TFS and CVS to Subversion repository.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Involved in migration of Bamboo server , Artifactory &Git server.
- Configured Kubernetes Replication controllers to allow multiple pods such as Jenkins master server in multiple minions.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks .
- Created Roles and Environment for chef-server to assign node to different environment making deployment of different versions of cookbooks to different environments.
- Install, configure Chef/puppet configuration management system and create manifests, modules to auto scale the operations. Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management
- Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management with specific client requirement such as Create user/remove user, Install /Remove packages and Package updates, Configure multi-nodes .
- Proficient in using Docker in swam mode and Kubernetes for container orchestration, by writing Docker files and setting up the automated build on Docker HUB . Used Docker for running different programs on a single VM. .
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby and also developed and maintained Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java, writing Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts on UNIX.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in a sprint.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Ensured all steps are successfully completed and documented their completion times and issue logs
Environment : Shell Scripting, Subversion, Hudson, Jira, Bamboo, GIT, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web Logic, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Mercury, Quality center, Visual Build, .Net, ANT,GIT, Jenkins, Maven,Python,Nexus,J2EE,Websphere, Nexus.
Confidential, Mount prospect, IL
- Created and Configured Red Hat, Windows Server, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris and Fedora Virtual Machines in AWS using EC2, Elastic, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, NAT Gateway
- Configured SNS, SQS, Data Pipeline, RDS, Dynamo DB, S3, IAM, Cloud Front and ELB to setup environment ready for cloudification
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Gradle
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory Plug-in.
- Created and maintained Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process. Deployed Puppet and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Automated Data Structures validation of the configuration files using Python Scripting designed and developed log management framework using Python Language to collect log files
- Configured CloudWatch and DataDog to monitor real-time granular metrics of all the AWS Services and configured individual dashboards for each resource Agents
- Used Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Performed system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe &modules for configuration management.
- Deployed the applications on multiple Web Logic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities and Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker machine, Docker compose and Docker registry.
- Work station setup for Knife plug-in and establish connectivity between Chef server and workstation
- Pushing of chef-cookbook, roles, and data bags on chef-server using knife plugin and executing it on node.
- Wrote playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline in project with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Build automation using Maven and implementation of Continuous Integration through Jenkins.
- Wrote Docker images for Bamboo, Nexus and various.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Stash and Jira.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Environment: AWS, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Python, Data Bag, Cloud Watch, Docker, Ansible, Red hat Linux, UNIX, Windows servers, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Cloud Formation, Puppet, Artifactory, ELK, Maven, Gradle.
Build and Release Engineer
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment.
- Worked closely with the development and quality assurance teams to ensure final release build meets the organizational standards.
- Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT .
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the stash GIT Repositories, view and the access control strategies
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deploy m ent of JAVA code.
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes.
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Created Instances in Apache Web Server and JBOSS Application server in QA and Production environments.
- Worked in creating WebSphere Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production.
- Automated Linux production server setup using Puppet scripts . Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
- Designed and implemented Puppet -based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual).
- Implemented Release schedules , communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans , tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a Jira Application.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR's , Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support. Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Environment: Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Puppet, Jenkins, Hudson, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Puppet, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBOSS, Nagios, RHEL 5.x.
Linux Administrator/Support Engineer
- Worked as a Systems Administrator on Red Hat3/4, CentOS 3/4 and Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04) servers .
- Worked on Applying patches, installed monitoring tools , and upgraded BIOS on HPC Clusters .
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance computing activities on the Linux cluster .
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User and File system quota on Linux servers.
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL and writing SQL scripts .
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool to manage infrastructure.
- Applied patches and supported Linux Servers with Oracle Database servers .
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching .
- Modifying and Writing scripts in Bash and Korn shell for optimizing day to day administration.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Wrote shell scripts for automating builds and deployment process.
- Monitored System Performance , Tuned and optimized systems for better performance.
- Managed Disk using LVM, resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients with NTP server.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
- Provided 24/7-support coverage, pager support and weekend support.
Environment: RHEL (3.x & 4.x), Centos (3.x, 4.x), Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04), Netapp, NTP, Nagios, MySQL, SQL, HPC