- Over 8 years of experience in Designing, developing hybrid cloud with strong innovative and technical Background working as Cloud/DevOps engineer & Application support.
- Experienced in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS services stack including Elastic Cloud Compute EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Bean Stalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, Key Management Service (KMS), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Load balancing, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, SNS, SQS focusing on high availability, fault - tolerance and auto scaling.
- Responsible for managing Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of Amazon instances using Amazon Cloud Watch .
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef and experienced in automating CI and CD pipeline with AWS Code Pipeline, Jenkins and AWS Code Deploy.
- Responsible in Designing and implementing Azure Cloud Environment and configured shared access signatures(SAS) tokens and storage access policies in Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation scripts for applications utilizing the Azure stack that including compute, blobs, ADF, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud services and ARM and utilities focusing on Automation
- Experienced in using cloud migration tools like Snowball, direct connect for migrating data from on-premises data centers to AWS Cloud.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration from pulling up the code from version control tools like GIT, SVN, CVS, IBM Clear Case and building Artifacts using build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle. And deploying them into artifact repositories like Nexus and Maven.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet, Chef & Jenkins. Experienced in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby.
- Expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles. Utilized Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Experienced in writing Bash and Python scripts, Included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI’s and Scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Experienced in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure using automation frameworks such as Cloud Formation, terraform and Ops Works.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes. And worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open source platform.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, compose, Docker registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Deployed and scaled web applications that are developed on Programming languages such as java/J2EE, .Net, PHP, Node Js, Python, Ruby, Go.
- Administration of both Windows and Linux Machines - Providing ongoing management of Windows and Linux Servers (i.e.) Resource Management, Installations/Setup, Imaging, performance-tuning and Tier 3 support for Troubleshooting servers.
- Experienced in administrating, deploying and managing and monitoring and troubleshooting almost all flavors of Linux like UBUNTU and CentOS and Red Hat servers.
- Develop core Java programs for all business rules and workflows using spring framework.
- Experienced in installing and maintaining different application and web servers like Web Sphere, Web logic, Apache Tomcat, Ngnix and JBoss.
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Junit, PMD, Sonar and monitoring tools like Nagios, Cloud watch and splunk.
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS),Azure
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Java/J2EE
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby, Perl, VB Scripting
Version Control Tools: SVN (Subversion), CVS, GIT/Stash, TFS
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Spiral, V Model
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Jboss
Operating Systems: Unix/Linux (Red Hat 5/6, CentOS, SUSE), Solaris 9/10, Ubuntu 14,windows 2008 Server
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, SOAP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SNMP, BGP, EIGRP
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, NoSQL
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Responsible for the core engineering, systems architecture, and technical operations of the Watch platforms (WatchABC, WatchABCFamily, WatchDisneyChannel, WatchDisneyJunior, WatchDisneyXD), ABC.com, ABCFamily.com, and the Oscars.
- Our team is responsible for the design, build and development of large scale, resilient platforms and systems that encompass the all our products and services.
- Responsible for planning and engineering, cloud systems architecture, application delivery, platform configuration management, systems automation, systems tool development and operationalizing the Watch infrastructure globally. These are large, complex application environments that are highly scalable, resilient, secure, reliable and high performing to support the millions of users we support daily.
- Configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web services cloud to support Enterprise data warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Table, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Created Aws Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT instances to ensure successful deployment of web applications and data base templates.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate Aws Services which includes ELB, Cloud front distribution, database, EC2 and database security, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers or join web servers to stacks.
- Designed and deployed multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation. Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance (ELB) and AMIs.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and also managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM.
- Implemented horizontal auto-scaling in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Chef . Created an open source configuration management.
- Experience in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Evaluating emerging technologies to identify new opportunities, trends and best practices.
- Experience in implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments. Create highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Used both Splunk and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) for monitoring and analyzing log information.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53, Faregate, ECS, ALB, ECR), VDI, Linux, Ansible, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Trial, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Jira, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Chef, Elk, Docker, Kubernetes, Python..
Sr. Aws/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dallas Fort worth, TX
- Involved in designing and architecting multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMI’s for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Involved in Architect, Build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and the Jenkins& Hudson for continuous integration. Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar)
- Experience in writing the playbooks and can manage 1000’s of servers by pushing the code from servers to different nodes in Ansible .
- Worked with Ansible On-premise like writing the script in workstation and pushing that on to the server. Worked with Go language to build simple reliable and efficient software programs.
- Architecting high available, Auto scalable platforms in AWS cloud on windows & Linux, Designing database high availability solutions on MS SQL & My SQL multi AZ RDS.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks from scratch in YAML . Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible , created and automated platform environment setup. Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS . Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ).
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment , application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks .
- Implemented Nagios integration with Ansible for automation in server monitoring. Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes
- Experienced in Branching, labeling and Analyzing and resolving conflicts related to merging of source code in GIT and implemented a continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline using Docker, Jenkins and GIT. And also used Jenkins pipeline plugin to analyze the Maven dependencies and the SCM changes.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins and Used HCL scripts for writing terraform Scripts.
- Strong experience in chef architecture and chef concepts such as nodes , workstation, chef server, recipes, resources, cookbooks, environments, Test-Kitchen, roles.
- Installed chef server Enterprise on premise/workstation/ bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/Chef spec.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting. Splunk search, quotas, monitor Inputs, WMI Issues, Splunk crash logs and Alert scripts.
- Involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Utilized Jira for Bug Tracking, Nagios & Graphite for System monitoring, Cloud Watch and Cloud Trial for monitoring the cloud environment.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Ansible, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Trial, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Azure, Maven, Jira, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Mesos, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Ruby.
Sr. Cloud support/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon web services(AWS), Defined AWS Security services as virtual firewalls to control the traffic on EC2 instances for multitude of applications utilizing the Amazon Web Services focusing on high-availability, Fault Tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Configured Aws identity access management and security groups, users in public and private subnets in VPC for improved log in authentication.
- Installed and configured applications on AWS EC2 instances and stored them in S3 buckets, configured S3 Versioning and life cycle policies to back up files into Glacier.
- Configured AWS virtual private cloud and data base subnet groups for isolation of resources with in the amazon RDS in Aurora DB cluster.
- Supports Conagra complex system configurations and standards for Citrix , VMware and MS HyperV platforms
- Assess, recommend, plan, and implement complex VDI / App Delivery Virtualization projects using various technologies.
- Implemented Azure IaaS Infrastructure and PaaS Platform Services and Wrote ARM templates using JSON for Configuring Virtual Networks, Gateway Subnets, Setup DNS at the Virtual Network level, User Defined Routes (UDRs), Altered the security groups, NIC's and Azure VM's for internal applications.
- Part of installation of AEM 6.0 author & publish instances on to Development, Integration and automated the installation process of AEM on VM's using PowerShell scripting.
- Worked on writing the PowerShell runbooks for provisioning the Azure VM's using the resource manager.
- Integrated Azure with docker Enterprise edition to create the Azure VM Scale sets for autoscaling, Azure load balancing and Azure storage. Built the on-premise PAAS with Docker and Azure services.
- Develop repeatable standards and implementation processes to ensure product uniformity and quality.
- Directly interact with clients, account managers, and peers in support of complex VDI/ App Delivery environments.
- Used Docker to containerized Micro services in cloud and managed clusters using Docker Swarm and kubernetes. Developed Private cloud system solution on CoreOS using Kubernetes (Docker weave).
- Integrated AWS Code commit with Jenkins, Bamboo for continuous integration and deployment, this automates the deployment of new revisions of applications i.e., whenever there is a code change, Jenkins used to build the WAR file and deploy to the Application Server (AWS EC2 instance).
- Worked with architecture, cloud, server, middleware, and application teams to complete detailed technical design for migration from Aws to Azure implementation.
- Used Terraform and did “ Infrastructure as code” and modifying terraform scripts as and when configuration changes happens for Azure.
- Tested, evaluated and involved in troubleshooting of different NoSQL database systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra and their cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage the configuration of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instance using Python. Ran Ansible scripts to provision Dev Servers.
- Worked with best practices and processes Agile scrum methodology, JIRA program Management JIRA scrum, JIRA dashboard customization, JIRA release management, JIRA test management, JIRA training.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and Used GIT as Source code repository.
Environment: Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana), Docker swarm, Docker Weave, Kubernetes, AWS Code Commit, Jenkins, Bamboo, MongoDB, Cassandra, Ansible, Jira, Maven, GIT.
Software Development/Application Support
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Installed Chef Server and Chef Clients to pick up the build from Repository and deploy in target environments. And Created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate Build with Development Pipeline.
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins and Puppet along with Shell Scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented, maintained and supported reliable, timely and reproducible builds and developed build related scripts in shell for maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml files.
- Responsible for creating User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor .
- Installed, configured and maintained Application/Web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere on Red Hat Linux.
- Delivery pipeline with Docker , GitHub and AWS .
- Experience with container based Virtualized deployments using Docker , working with Docker images , Docker hub and Docker registries .
- Integrated Docker container based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with GIT and Jira to trigger builds using Webhooks and Slave Machines.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Written cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Expertise in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies
- Designed and implementing CI system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts ( Perl & Python ), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Experience installing/upgrading Jenkins / Bamboo infrastructure on multiple servers.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI on Jenkins server.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artefacts to share artefacts across projects and environments.
- Integrated Git hub with Maven and developed POM.XML files as applicable to project environment. Worked closely with building Artifacts using Maven as a build tool GIT hub as centralized repository with Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Created and configured AWS repositories and distributed these repositories as individual GIT central repositories with worldwide branches by using Route 53.
- Migrated projects from SVN to GIT . Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code check out process.
- Responsible for CI/CD process implementation with Jenkins . Getting the list of issues from the components (Project, module, file etc) with the help of SonarQube and responsible for up gradation of SonarQube using upgrade center.
- Integrated Jenkins with Ant , Maven , GIT Hub , SonarQube , Nexus . Testing frame works like Junit , Selenium , and cucumber , set up build pipeline and delivery pipeline.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios and Tivoli . Configured and maintained LAMP stack on production and staging servers. Wrote Perl scripts at server side for web support of LAMP.
- Providing CM and Build support for different applications built and deployed to lower and higher environments. Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Merged the generated reports as per request. Formatted data into required format using UNIX , Shell Scripts , SED and AWK .
Environment: GIT, SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, chef, Puppet, Docker, Python, Apache Web Server, HTTP Web Server, WebSphere, Ruby, Docker Registry, Shell Scripting, Nagios System monitor, Unix, AWS, OpenStack, GIT, Jenkins, sonar Qube, Java/J2EE, ANT, GIT, MAVEN, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, NoSQL Database, Web Logic, Python, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux(RHEL), Ansible, Chef, Stash, PowerShell, Windows XP, Oracle, JIRA, RHEL.
IT Help Desk/ Platform Engineer
- responsible for performing first level help desk activities in support of the department
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of less complex network management software: researching, analyzing and implementing software patches or any hardware changes to fix any network deficiencies.
- Receives, tracks, and coordinates the repair and installation of computer equipment; dispatches technicians for repair of PC hardware and software problems; coordinates the repair of peripheral devices with vendors.
- Maintained and monitored all of company's servers' operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on day-to-day basis.
- Installations of HP Open view, monitoring tool, in more than 300 servers. Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions to them.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issue on Linux / Unix Servers and with vendors for hardware related issues.
- Installing, Configuring and maintaining VMware ESX Environments and implemented VMware ESXi 4.0/4.1 host servers with vSphere client and configured HBAs & ISCSI SAN storage.
- Developed the build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Created and maintain build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, Written scripts for environment changes in Bash and Perl for WebSphere mapping modules to the enterprise application
- Configured and resolved LAN, WAN and TCP/IP issue and generated reports to show the Resource Utilization, User / CPU / Network Load.
- Managed shared NFS files system, mounting and unmounting NFS server, NFS client on remote machine, sharing remote file folder, starting and stopping the NFS services.
- Configuration and administration of Web (Apache), DHCP and FTP Servers in Linux and Solaris servers. Supported the backup environments running VERITAS Net Backup.
- Worked with Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) like authorizing all Users and computers in windows domain type network and assigning and enforcing security policies.
- Create file transfer server for customer data exchange and automated network permissions, maintained User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation. Installed and set up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Experience with writing basic bash shell scripts to automate processes using crontab, install and upgrade software.
- Experience in managing and expanding file systems, administer and provision storage on different flavors of Linux servers.
- Replaced major manufacturer's vulnerable network with robust security through joint architecture of firewall and DHCP.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Configuring the systems for TCP/IP networking with existing LAN, setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other UNIX hosts.
Environment: Linux(RHEL), Solaris, VMware, Bash, Perl, WebSphere, Web Apache, DHCP, FTP, Active Directory, ANT, Maven, NFS Server, HP Open View, UNIX.