- 8+ years of experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances in the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Administration various environments in software development life cycle (SDLC) Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and Cent OS. Experience supporting Chef Environment with multi servers and involved in developing manifests.
- DevOps experience with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, AWS (OPS Work) and Open Stack.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience in cloud stack such as AWS (Cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center (ESXI), hypervisor-v, PHP Virtual Box.
- Design high availability (HA)applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Availability Regions
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (kasha, Bash), Python, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Have a good knowledge on programming languages like Java, .NET
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web Sphere, and JBOSS to deploy code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven, and Gradle. Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Installed and Managed Jenkins and Nexus for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- High exposure to JIRA defect tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with Mongo DB, MSSQL, MySQL and Server DB Tasks.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Experience on Vagrant, AWS and Kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Good at communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Application/Web Server: Oracle Web logic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g BEA Web Logic 8.1/9.2, Web Sphere, J Boss, Tomcat, IIS
Web Services/Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, Nginx, WSDL, UDDI, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Databases: MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, 2008.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, iOS, WINDOWS
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN.
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, Java Scripting, Java.
Programming skills: good programming knowledge on OOPS.
Build & Release Engineering / DevOps: MAKE, Jenkins, Puppet, AWS, Chef, Ant, Maven, HUDSON.
Confidential, New York City, NY
AWS / Dev Ops Engineer
- Having good experience in Dev Ops, Linux administration, Build/Release management, Amazon Web Services, Control M workload automation.
- Worked on Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for development teams and containerization of environment's delivery for releases.
- Worked on Jenkins and Docker interactively and integrating together for end to end automation of builds and deployment.
- Worked with build tools like MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Experience in Routing configurations, Adding the servers in Pools. Building the servers using mass vm creation.
- Experience in Migrating the servers from one data center to another.
- Experience installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Worked in in administering Amazon Web services (AWS) services like Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Relational Database System (RDS, Amazon Machine Image (AMI), IAM, and Cloud Formation services using AWS-Command Line Interface (CLI) and enabling the enterprise environment compatible for continuous monitoring using Cloud Watch.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GitHub (GIT), Subversion (SVN) and CVS have an experience on software build tools - Apache Maven, Apache Ant.
- Experience in using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps methodologies.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet
- Experienced in building and maintaining Docker infrastructure for SOA applications in agile environment.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Use of Docker, Kubernetes and Open Shift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Setting up the automatic build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Jenkins and Maven.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /MySQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT.
- Environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy
- Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes.
- Coordinated different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects
- Integration Specialist in driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the process Scheduling using control M workload automation tool.
- Supported system administration duties to support Linux client server environments.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
- Experience in apache, tomcat, nginx configurations.
- Worked on ansible for provisioning the servers. Experience in writing playbooks/roles to automate various tasks.
Environment: Jenkins, Git, Jira, Maven, Ubuntu, UNIX (Red hat), J unit, Ansible, AWS Cloud, RHEL 6.x, Solaris and Windows, Chef, Shell, Python, AWC EC2, WLST, Tomcat 7.x, Science Logic, Ansible, Open Stack, SOA 11g, IDM 11g, Quality Center, HTTP Server, apache configurations, Ldap.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experience in automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins, Chef.
- Code repository management, code merge and quality checks with various tools, especially Git, nexus, etc.
- Architect Development, Test, Integration, and Production AWS environments.
- AWSEC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling.
- AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and update.
- Solid understanding of Linux OS, including security, compilation, and installation of third-party software and networking.
- Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, or comparable tools.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPCEC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Experience with web deployment technology specifically Linux/Nginx/Apache/Tomcat.
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Development, Acceptance, Integration, and Production AWS Endpoints.
- Responsible for mentoring and cross-resource platform standardization of Web Stack technology and development and implementing of policies and procedures.
- Experience in analyzing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics in order to optimize software and system performance.
- Route 53 configuration.
- Created Python scripts to: Totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, database, ec2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Experience running LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) systems in agile quick scale cloud environment.
- Dynamically add and remove servers from AWS production environment.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux to transfer data in S3 bucket.
Environment: AWS Cloud, RHEL 6.x, Solaris and Windows, Chef, Shell, Python, AWC EC2, WLST, Tomcat 7.x, Science Logic, Nagios, Open Stack, SOA 11g, IDM 11g, Quality Center, BMC Remedy, Oracle HTTP Server.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Experience in Maintain virtual, cloud and physical data center infrastructure.
- Experience with installation, configuration and monitoring and deploy applications and AMIs/VMs in the AWS environment.
- Experience with configuration, installation, operation, optimization, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN, server hardware, OS (W2K3, W2K8, W2K12), and backup in a multi-data center environment.
- Worked on creation of Cloud formation scripts to create the AWS instances.
- Cloned and configured the AWS EC2 and added Elastic IP, Elastic Load Balancer and DNS (Route 53).
- Created SSL policies for ELB to automate the cipher selection in AWS.
- Experience in setting up the VPC for in the AWS cloud environment.
- Experience with Working with Various Storage Services in AWS - EBS, S3 and Glaciers.
- Working on Migration of on premise data to AWS RDS - MS SQL server and database.
- Experience in configuring the cloud watch service for monitoring various AWS services.
- Worked on setting up the auto scaling groups in AWS for enterprise infrastructure scalability.
- Worked on system configurations in Salt-Stack environment.
- Integrate the build package to the Salt-stack environment and deploy AWS EC2 instance.
- Implemented integrate of Vault with salt-stack to secretly store the credentials.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks - in both SVN and GIT.
- Decide branching strategies for multiple projects in SVN/GIT.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool. Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT.
- Experience in setting up the Chef SCM using Chef Enterprise and Chef Solo.
- Experience in setting up Chef Workstation, creating Chef Cookbooks and Recipes.
- Experience in writing the Chef cookbooks for auto spawning of AWS instances.
- Worked on maintaining Chef recipes, templates and attributes.
- Experience in configuration management systems Ansible and Puppet.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible)
- Worked with Ant and Maven Build tools in Java and CPP Environment.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Creating and maintaining slave machines in Jenkins, and parameterized the projects to specific environments (like Production, Test).
- Excellent hands on experience working on continuous delivery tool JENKINS.
- Developed and maintained Python /Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Led "Continuous Delivery" project, streamlining Dev workflow, integrating automated QE validation, and delivering standardized releases (based on Docker) to Operations for deployment.
Environment: s: Git, Jenkins, CHEF, Puppet, Docker, Maven, AWS, EC2, Python, Web Sphere, ANT, Ruby, PHP, Putty, Cyber duck, JIRA, Apache tomcat, J Boss, Linux, Windows, MAC.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using shell, python and Perl scripting.
- Hands on Exposure on Version Control GIT.
- Created branches in GIT implementing parallel development process.
- Worked on Maven creating artifacts through source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Used SonarQube for code quality.
- Built applications using Chef/puppet scripting, Ant with Ivy build.
- Extensive experience in creation and management of Chef POC environment.
- Experience installing packages using YUM and RPM on Nix.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux machines, created master, and slave configurations to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Created Power Shell Scripts to patch DLLs across various servers and to automate database deployments (Dachas) using SSDT.
- Application deployment and configuration for enterprise scale infrastructure-using Jenkins.
- Worked on functional and unit tests using python and Java.
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Mac and windows platforms.
- Extensive experience with Nagios monitoring system as well as other monitoring tools.
- Responsible for creation and management of Chef Cookbooks.
- Implemented Configuration management and change management policies.
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Azure, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, UNIX, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, Web logic, Tomcat, JIRA.
Confidential, Kansas City, KS
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Ant.
- Helped developers to resolve subversion code merging issues.
- Supported daily and weekly routines of pushing good builds based on test results.
- Wrote shell scripts and automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as part of release process.
- Participating in “Release Readiness Review” status meeting (Go/No-go Process).
- Gained good knowledge on Linux Administration.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Tweaked and managed the builds by editing build.xml for change in the requirements.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to Web Logic Application Servers.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, Jenkins, NEXUS, XML Install Shield, Shell, Perl, Web Logic Servers.
Linux System Administrator
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and debugging Scripts.
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement.
- Troubleshooting the network with the help of net stat, ping, ns lookup and trace route tools.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based shell.
- Experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Linux.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
- Regularly manage backup process for server and client data.
- Installing open source application, search, analyze and develop new application for users.
Environment: WINDOWS, Oracle Virtual box, VMware, Apache/Tomcat, SSH, RHEL, PKI, SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and File Zilla.