- Network infrastructure professional with 15 plus years of experience in network designing, engineering, implementation, data center and network operations. Experienced in managing and leading teams for LAN/WAN/ Wireless / VOIP and Video infrastructure, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting with ITIL based process and practices in place.
- Vast working exposure in outsourced environment with handling onsite - offshore delivery model and operations, expertise in managing and running the NOC operations, remote infrastructure management support model, process handling, implementation and management, handling various customers infra delivery, customer’s escalations, services improvement and being single point of contact for the customers with exposure in cloud computing technologies.
- Planning, designing & implementation of technical solutions for various aspects of Networking.
- To ensure the Project implementation on time as committed to the customer.
- To ensure the effectiveness of the solutions and Service uptime as lay down by the company.
- To ensure smooth running of the robust and complex network on strict SLAs of 24 hours a day; 365 days a year.
- High technical competence in giving customer specific solutions with different product ranges including for routing, switching, wireless, wan optimization etc.
- Team and vendor management skills.
- Expertise in ITIL based framework including different ticketing tools like Remedy, Service Now and process like IM /PM /CM etc.
- Monitoring and Reporting Tools like Solar Winds, Net flow analyzer, NNM -HP Open view, Cisco Works for Enterprise IPLC WAN nodes / links as well as LAN nodes for administration and monitoring of links and devices.
- Extensive experience in handling NOC & Data Center Operations from Central Locations.
- Handling 24*7 NOC operations and IT Helpdesk Escalation calls and their resolution within settled SLA.
- Preparing & Circulation of Daily, Monthly & Quarterly Network reports to Management for fortnightly & monthly Project Management Review Meetings.
Routing & Network Protocols: OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, RIP-2 & MPLS, TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP.
Switching Technology: VLAN, VTP, STP, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switching, Multicast operations.
Routers: Cisco 17XX, 18XX, 26XX, 28XX, 36XX & 72XX series, ISR 4300 -4400 series,ASR's.
Switches: Cisco 1900, 2950, 3550, 3750, 3850, 45XX, 65XX series, Nexus 2k and 7K, 9KS & Cisco Meraki
Wireless: Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco WLC 4400, 5500 series, Cisco Meraki Wireless Cloud based solution, Aruba, Cisco 3850 switches & 4510 as WLC.
Monitoring Tools: Cisco LMS ( cisco works and Prime), Solar Winds, HP NNM, Whats-Up Gold, Cisco WCS, Kiwi Syslog Viewer, Net flow Analyzer
WAN Acceleration: Riverbed Technologies 4400 Series, 5500 Series, 3070, 5070 Steel head and Silver Peak
Load Balancers: Netscaler load balancers
Video Conferencing: Life Size units, Polycom Units and VIDYO
ITSM Tool: Remedy 7.0 and Service Now, HP Open view.
Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure
Automation: Exposure to SDN,zero touch deployment, reduce footprints of infra at branch offices, iwan
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Systems Engineer
- Majorly focused on Design, engineering, implementation and support of Confidential ’s network infrastructure.
- Handles networks and infrastructure migration of newly acquired companies to Confidential ’s infrastructure per standard.
- Prepare SOPs, config template, network diagrams, run books & design docs for the support team for day to day operation work as and when needed.
- Actively participate in all project related calls / issues with business and other respective teams to make sure of the deliverables from networking engineering infrastructure perspective.
- Handles any network infrastructure related project like upgrade, expansion, and migration from start to end and make sure to deliver in timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping the documentation updated including network diagrams, run books etc. for the team.
- Responsible for representing the team in CAB call with the management and with respective teams.
- Capable of creating bill of materials, ordering hardware, circuits for any new built as and when required.
- Directly work with the third party vendors, service provider or outsourced vendors to address any issues / managerial escalations, circuit delivery, hardware order etc.
- Involved in building the AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure for the Confidential ’s environment.
- Independently handles data center design, build and implementation in coordination with Vblock.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Network Engineer
- Handles Operations for end to end MPLS based network for smooth functioning of Business in almost all work-locations.
- Provide full network support for troubleshooting MNS track related problems in IT Infrastructure for LAN, WAN and Wireless related issues.
- Responsible for Circuit Installation work, installation of new network devices, Copper & Fiber cabling inside Data Center for any team in network infrastructure.
- Identifies need for network-changes and implement within established guidelines & policies as appropriate. Schedule Change Management activities related to MNS changes.
- Co-ordination with various Tele-com, ISP & other vendors for ongoing projects & tasks, issues of MNS track on weekly basis.
- Internet Circuits up-gradation at remote business locations of Confidential .
- Manage network devices through Solarwinds, Cisco Works & Netphysics tools.
- Handle new project planning, conferences within teams & Vendors, documentation and Devices Procurement within & outside Confidential .
- Provide IT-training to Off-shore team members for better handling of high severity problems & issues.
- Update MNS-Data track documentation related to VISIO drawings, RUN Books, devices maintenance & support coverage with different Vendors.
- Coordination with different Confidential teams for onsite & on-time deliverables, project tasks.
- Work closely with Offshore practice team(COE) and strengthen - Networking practice by contributing to Practice document and presentation preparation, design templates, develop new solution offerings, carrying out PoC at customer site, solution pilot/demonstration, offer trainings to customer network team and implementation team.
- Handle different Vendor coordination such as Confidential and Riverbed on new technologies and implementation of projects both domestically and internationally.
- Design and Configuration of the network devices and services of Confidential data center at Confidential Data Centre location at Parsippany New Jersey and helped the different server teams in migrating the server and services to the data center. Also, act as the single point of contact for different issues and support for client related data center services.
- Redesigning, configuration and Implementation of Campus LAN for Confidential at mentioned locations including planning, designing, and installation of different switches and migration of traffic to the new setup.
- Configuring, Implementing and Shifting of New York locations User-traffic, Application-servers Production traffic to new Cisco 6506-E VSS Technology based Switches in New York Data Center then decommissioning of Old Core Switches thoroughly.
- Cisco Wireless Controller 5508, Cisco LWAP Access-Points Installation & Configuration for Corporate, Guest profiles in network infrastructure for Confidential, NY, Nashville and Minneapolis location.
- Successfully completed ACS migration from ACS Software based environment to Cisco ACS 1121 box based Authentication for Device login, Wireless Users authentication in order to provide more secure infrastructure to Confidential .
- Completed Documentation for Project Plan, Code selection & on-site resource allocation for testing & Hand-feet support there. Successfully upgraded CMC & Steelhead Riverbed boxes Code at HUB & Spoke Sites. Configured Network Optimization settings on riverbed boxes.
- configuration & project plan prepared for QoS fine tuning on remote sites routers to prioritize video, voice traffic, Gold CAR Value settings on Confidential routers.
Environment: Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco WLC 5508, Cisco ACS 1121, Cisco Works & Solarwinds Tool, Cisco ASA 5550, Sonic-wall Pro 2040 & Juniper Net-screen firewalls, Riverbed Steelhead & Riverbed CMC, Netphysics, and Integra & AMX based Video Conferencing Setup.
Area Operations & Delivery Manager
- Managed the service delivery and Operations for Confidential team and customers.
- Handled the Pre-sales for Confidential and Confidential customers with sales team especially in managed network services area.
- Handled all consultation, operational & technical issues.
- Conducted audits, POC’s, RFP and proposals related to infrastructure managed services.
- Provided consultancy on different network related requirements for different customers.
- Provided reports and documents as per the Company processes related to uptime reports and Application response time etc.
- Conducted WAN Audits for the customers infra services, Implementation and Recommendations on ITIL processes.
Track Lead - Network Practice
- Handled all the escalations from L1 & L2 engg. In order to provide remote network management to major corporate clients.
- Managed a team of 20 L1 engineers and helpdesk for smooth functioning of NOC operations.
- Actively participated in all consultation, operational & technical issues faced by L1 and L2 engineers.
- Designed & configured the Customer network to ensure the maximum uptime of their network.
- Ensured that the day-to-day calls of all customers were attended properly & closed with customer satisfaction.
- Provided the monthly SLA & Network Management Reports to the customer.
- Coordinated with various vendors for providing the maximum uptime of Leased Line circuits, ISDN Lines & VSATs.
- Designed and implemented new features in the Customers network like QoS implementation, capacity planning and introduced new technologies.
- Performed audits at the LAN and WAN environments.
- Managed NOC Operations & Core Data Centers based on standard procedures & policies.
- Performed the audits at the LAN and WAN environments.
- Led the team that provided network support for LAN, WAN and IT operations support.
- Managed vendor Networks around different locations in India for different accounts.
- Handled installation and troubleshooting of all kinds of software and computer applications.
- Was responsible for troubleshooting LAN and monitoring of WAN/Leased line coordination with different service providers.
- Handled Vendor coordination.
- Was responsible for monitoring, management and troubleshooting of customer networks for LAN, WAN and other IT related operational items.
- Handled Planning, Survey & Implementation of various network equipment for different customers
- Handled the first Level escalation of various client related issues for the team.