- Dedicated Information Technology Systems Engineer for the past 4 years with extensive background in domain administration as well as software packaging and deployments.
- Twelve years as a Systems Administrator/Network Administrator with extensive background in server and network administration in support of over 6000 users.
- Well organized and have excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of acting as a technical team lead, project lead or as a Systems Engineering resource.
- Consistently recognized for delivering projects to completion on time.
- Constantly looking for ways to better myself as well as provide the very best service possible to my customers.
- Domain administration
- Software packaging and deployments
- Server and network administration
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Capable of acting as a technical team lead, project lead or as a Systems Engineering resource
- Consistently recognized for delivering projects to completion on time
Platforms: Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/ 2003/2008/2012/ Vista/7/8, Mac OS, Cisco IOS, VMware EXSi
Networking: TCP/IP, ISO/OSI, Ethernet, FDDI, VPN, SSH, PKI
Tools: Microsoft SCCM 2012, Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, VMware VSphere
Confidential, Springfield, VA
SCCM Lead Sr. Systems Engineer
- Leads a team of 5 engineers and manages the day to day operational and engineering tasks for 6 different networks
- Responsible for coordinating the deployment of all Microsoft security updates to the user environment
- Document SCCM repeatable processes and procedures in an effort to enhance efficiency
- Created and managed Physical and Virtual Applications, Packages, Task Sequences and Collections in an SCCM 2012 environment
- Created Standard Operating Procedures to assist fellow engineers in utilizing custom PowerShell scripts
- Developed and maintained several PowerShell scripts to help automate several lengthy SCCM processes
- Analyzed SCCM log files to help troubleshoot and isolate problems with various Application, Package and Operating System Deployments (OSD)
- Responsible for deploying Microsoft Security Patching as well as 3rd party software updates for IAVA patch compliance on a monthly basis
- Performed testing and evaluations in a test lab environment of all software and patching before applying to production networks
- Created and maintained several SCCM queries for software collections and hardware report analysis
Confidential, Springfield, VA
SCCM Systems Engineer
- Designed and implemented new SCCM 2012 infrastructure on two enterprise networks in support of over 4000 clients to replace dated Altiris Deployment Solution
- Possess excellent understanding of the SCCM infrastructure including boundaries, site server roles, role based security, task sequences, Windows Server Update Services integration and Operating System Deployments.
- Continuously sought ways to improve, optimize and streamline software and OS deployments to ensure smooth, uninterrupted delivery to the customers.
- Configured and managed virtual servers in VMware VSphere to perform physical to virtual server migration.
- Worked with Active Directory group policy to prepare enterprise for Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration.
- Sole Systems Engineer assigned to maintain a standalone network of 150+ users and workstations
- Placed in charge of bringing a severely neglected standalone network up to date by upgrading servers to Server 2012, replacing domain controllers and getting all systems patched and updated two months ahead of schedule.
- Completely redesigned SCCM infrastructure for standalone network giving workstations the ability to receive updates and new OS deployments one month ahead of schedule.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Provided daily, 24x7 support for over 2100 users and over 6500 Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations
- Maintain the Altiris Service Desk system to include preparing and troubleshooting queries, creating and assigning worker accounts and resolving general issues with the system
- Constructed software and OS deployment tasks in Altiris Deployment Solution and Notification Server
- Built and configured Windows Clusters for use with highly available SQL instances
- Built, configured and maintained Windows 2003 and 2008 Active Directory Domains
- Performed constant maintenance of all DNS, DHCP services on 5 networks
- Worked on a team to re - design, implement and maintain Group Policy configurations on 5 networks.
- Installed, configured and maintained Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 instances
- Re-designed SQL server maintenance plans
- Managed 10 virtual servers in VMware VSphere.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Specialist - Network Operations
- Responsible for maintaining the continuous operation of the Global Command and Control System (GCCS) via the strict monitoring of 53 critical sites globally
- Provided constant maintenance of 3 UNIX servers used for monitoring and managing the GCCS network
- Opened and resolved over 60 incidents and over 90 performance log requests
- Utilized various UNIX knowledge to create and utilize trend reports to optimize system performance at affected sites
- Coordinated scheduled and unscheduled outages with various site Systems Administrators to maintain 100% system accountability
- Maintained information availability via custom DISA WorldView software to Site System Administrators via web interface.
Confidential, Rensselaer, New York
- Provided daily, 24x7 support to 1,500 users and 1,700 Windows XP clients
- Managed IT support for 3 local sites and 1 overseas site in Singapore
- Installed, configured, and supported telephone systems and connections via punch-down blocks and the Avaya configuration console
- Managed on and off-site backup system ensuring 100% data availability
- Installed, configured and deployed 153 brand new computer systems to various customers at 3 local sites
- Designed and built software deployment images for use on brand new computer systems decreasing load time by 70%
Confidential, Scotia, New York
- Provided daily support to 1300 users and 1100 Windows XP/Vista clients
- Administered domain controllers, file/print servers, Microsoft Exchange Servers, SQL Database Servers
- Responsible for protecting and maintaining the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability of information system resources and information processed throughout the local area network
- Completely redesigned the base backup services creating new schedules and jobs increasing reliability of data by 400%
- Responsible for an ongoing project to configure and replace existing end user PC’s with new PC’s totaling 1,255
- Built basic SQL queries and software deployment packages for use in Microsoft SCCM
Computer Systems Control Craftsman
- Monitored status and performance of transmission and switching systems, local and wide area networks, and subscriber equipment
- Part of a 7 person team hand picked to setup initial communications, to include secure, non secure, and voice services at bare bases within 2 hours for short notice missions
- Installed and configured microwave transmission links between various sites for interconnectivity
- Managed remote dial-in communications capabilities and remote distributed print services
- Planned, analyzed, designed and implemented networks from the ground up
- Established and supervised mixed LANs 10BaseT, 100BaseT, 1000BaseT, copper and fiber
- Performed hardware and software troubleshooting techniques for PC customers