- Over 7 years of IT experience in AWS Cloud computing and on devops life cycle such as on Build and Release Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Linux Administration.
- In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in working on Amazon Web Services like IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, AWS CLI, Route 53, SNS, AWS SQS, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, CloudFormation and AWS Ops Works.
- Worked on AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto - scaling, and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Hands on experience in writing YAML/JSON scripts to automate Infrastructure using AWS cloud formation as well as Terraform.
- Involved in planning, designing and configuring multi-region failover with AWS Route53.
- Provide high durability of the available data using data storage in the AWS S3 bucket, versioning S3, lifecycle policies.
- Experience in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMI's of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and wrote shell scripts to bootstrap instance.
- Launched Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Provide highly durable and available data by creating and managing policies for S3 data store, versioning, life cycle policies.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Worked on orchestration tool Kubernetes to automate deployments, scaling, and management of applications which are running multiple docker Containers.
- Expertise on source code and version control management tools like Subversion and GIT and used Source code management client tools like SVN, Bitbucket, Git Bash, GitHub Desktop, GitLab and Git GUI.
- Worked on several Build tools like Ant, Maven and automation tools like Jenkins also involved in Repository Management tools like ARTIFACTORY.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in and managing Maven repositories.
- Expertise in using AWS Code Deploy for migrating application code across multiple environments.
- Experienced in setting up installation, configuration and security of Jenkins, bamboo and team city for integrated automation of build and deployments.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Managed to create and run applications on a serverless infrastructure and implemented CI/CD using AWS Lambda application model.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like CHEF, Ansible and Puppet in managing system configurations supporting large Environments.
- Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks to automate the build and deployment process on servers using SSH connections and reduced overall processing time.
- Experienced in installing and working with Docker containerization techniques to run different software packages on the containers to improve Continuous Delivery framework.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, Configuring and deploying various enterprise applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, and Tomcat.
- Monitored system performance health and using Monitoring Tools within AWS infrastructure like CloudWatch.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances and several AWS services using Nagios as well as log monitoring tools like Splunk.
- Experience in issue management and bug tracking tool JIRA for different severity level and priorities
- Extensive knowledge in writing Shell, Python and bash scripting and throughout the entire Devops Life cycle.
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Configuration Management Tools: CHEF, Ansible, Puppet
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
AWS Cloud Services: EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, SNS, IAM, Cloud Front, EBS, ELB, ECS, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Scripts/ Languages: UNIX, HTML, Shell Scripting, Ruby, YAML, Python, Perl
Databases: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NOSQL
SCM/Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket
Automation Container: Docker, Kubernetes
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity
SDLC: Agile, Scrum
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Operating System: UNIX, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, Centos), Windows
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Managed several IAM accounts in AWS for users with specific policies attached to each of them, implemented Multi Factor Authentication to meet security compliance.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Auto-scaling groups and Opsworks.
- Configured IAM roles for EC2 instances and assigned policies granting specific level access to S3 buckets.
- Development of AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with advanced security features including security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering.
- Configured Network security groups to control inbound and outbound traffic to the internal network Interfaces, Subnets and Virtual Machines.
- Involved in building and maintaining Highly secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Launching Amazon Linux and Ubuntu EC2 Instances in the AWS cloud and timely configuring the launched EC2 Instances.
- Worked on AWS Code Build and Code Commit to store and compile the source code and to host private Git
- Repositories and configured entire CI/CD process using Code Pipeline and Code Deploy.
- Experience in creating Amazon machine images (AMIs) and snapshots of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Created several customized Cloud Formation Templates in AWS which has specific configurations for subnets, security groups, NACLs, NAT Gateways, VPC, EC2, ELB and other Services as per the requirement.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Experienced in writing Lambda functions to implement tasks like taking EBS volume snapshots in regular intervals and copying the files in between the S3 buckets only when the actions are triggered.
- Implemented CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and terraform templates and Containerized the entire infrastructure using Docker setup in AWS Cloud based environment.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Involved in migrating on-premise cloud storage to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Resolved complex problems with Merging, Branching and Configuration Management of SCM system.
- Experience in working with Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Migrated legacy applications and underlined platforms from data centers to AWS cloud.
- Extensively used Stack Driver and AWS cloud watch to monitor and debug the cloud-based AWS EC2 instances.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository and Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven Repository.
- Installed, Configured Ansible and Triggered Ansible playbooks from the Terraform instance.tf file as a local-exec call to deploy the application to the provisioned servers.
- Created container based virtualized deployments using Docker working with Docker images, Docker-hub and Docker registries.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fasten the build/release engineering.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Ensured the security of Web applications by generating SSL certificates and accessed them securely.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Experienced in creating documentation with excellent written and presentation skills.
Environment: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, ELK, Lambda, Terraform, GitHub, Jira, Apache, Oracle, Tomcat, WebLogic, Amazon Web Services, EC2, ELB.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Oracle DB cluster.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, an Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and auto scaling groups.
- Supported AWS Cloud EC2 instances and used AWS command line Interface to manage and configure various AWS services.
- Experience working with IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Created, managed and performed container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together and Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Built and defined dependencies to build artifacts using the build Automation tool Maven.
- Maintained the maven scripts used for the build process and created configuration files using the POM.xml files and published those artifacts into NEXUS repository as part of continuous Integration.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Executed the continuous delivery pipeline using Jenkins by integrating Git hub repository and automating the Maven build commands and deployed to the docker containers where the application is running.
- Written templates in JSON format for cloud formation and Ruby Script for CHEF automation and contributed source code to the GitHub repository.
- Configuration of nodes for Jenkins to customize builds for different operating systems, optimize and smooth running of builds jobs.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS Beanstalk using Jenkins CI.
- Created CHEF Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and integrated with Jenkins jobs for Continuous Delivery (CD) framework.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into CHEF to be used by developers.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service Scheduler.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Supported application development team in setting up the automation environment for the successful execution of build and release of the application.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database. Also created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Expertise in using Microsoft IIS Web Server, Tomcat, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Monitored the Application and Infrastructure health by analyzing the logs and observing the user dashboard using Splunk.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, CHEF, Docker, AWS, Splunk, Python, Ruby.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, Utah
Build & Release Engineer
- In-depth understanding of the Software development life cycle starting from building, releasing and deployment including Experience working directly with multiple development and production teams.
- Monitored several versions of source code pushed and pulled and accordingly accepted the merge requests made by development team into the Git Repository.
- Experienced with the process of deploying EAR, WAR, JAR files to application servers like Apache Tomcat & Web sphere.
- Expertise in managing large volumes of POM.xml files from the multi-level environments where there are dependencies for both the parent and the child nodes.
- Performed several configurations according to the development and deployment environments as part of migration
- Executed MAVEN scripts in Jenkins to build several java-based projects where there is a change in the working environment.
- Expertise in writing Shell and Python scripts used by several tools to automate the process of build and release process.
- Experienced in the installation as well as creating master and the salve nodes to implement simultaneous builds through a build process in a Linux based environment.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Experience with setting up CHEF Infrastructure, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in CHEF SCM.
- Expertise in writing Bash, PowerShell and Python scripts for the automation of the CI/CD process using Jenkins
- Worked together with the development and the testing teams to schedule and execute builds and troubleshooted build failures occurred during the execution.
- Involving in the upgrade activities for the servers and applications.
- Provided support to Production, Staging, QA, Development environments for code deployments, changes, and general support.
- Worked with the release and deployment of the web applications in the Java/J2EE based applications environments.
- Installation of JIRA, and customization of JIRA for workflow, look & feel, fields, user & group management.
Environment: Subversion/GIT, ANT/MAVEN, Jenkins, Nexus, Web Sphere Application server, Shell script, JIRA and Python script.
- Installation and administration of Linux based operating systems like RHEL 6.0 and SUSE 10.x.
- Experienced in troubleshooting all the technical issues faced by the clients while using the Linux based systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance of development tools and utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation Scripts.
- Implemented additional layer of security by executing programs like SUDO, SSH to establish secured connections and followed the security compliance as per SOX Act.
- Knowledge of Puppet as Configuration Management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage change.
- Worked to install and configure configuration management tool puppet by installing puppet maser and agent nodes from a local work station.
- Integrated WebLogic 10.x and Apache 2.x and successfully deployed EAR, WAR files in WebLogic Application Servers.
- Installed and configured GIT server on Linux via the Apache Web Server to provide access over the HTTP protocol.
- Created and updated puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the central repository.
- Configured Java based environment pre-required for the successful installation of ANT and to build java-based applications.
- Used Jenkins to automate everyday builds, testing and deployed in Apache tomcat server.
- Monitored performance of applications, servers and performing capacity planning using Nagios and used to notify when it reaches the threshold limits.
- Worked closely with the Database Admins for designing, installing and configuring, restoration and performance tuning of the database.
Environment: WebLogic, Git, Puppet, Jenkins, Apache, RHEL, shell, PERL, Ant
Jr. Linux Administrator
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Installed and administration of Centos, Ubuntu and Red hat servers.
- Created user profiles, implementing security policies and performed disk space and the process monitoring.
- Experience in user account management and extensively worked in creating python and shell scripting for the automation of tasks.
- Provided support for application upgrade and rollback on the Linux Servers as well as initiating and terminating services.
- Worked on RPM package manager to install, update, verify, query and erase software packages on Linux Servers and worked on automation of activities using bash scripting.
- Experienced in using Linux built-in command lines like FTP to transfer the files from the local to a remote desktop.
- Production support for installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of Apache, My SQL DB, Tomcat server engines.
- Experience in creating, deploying and managing Linux and Windows workloads using Red hat Enterprise Virtualization manager for enhanced performance.
- Used Nagios to monitor the day to day performance and maintenance operations throughout the client’s network.
- Troubleshoot the network and firewall issues.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4.0,5.0, CentOS, Autosys, VMware ESX 3.5.0, VMware vSphere 4.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.