- A Technocrat around 8 years in IT industry with major experience in System Administration, Infrastructure Automation, Configuration management, CI/CD, Build and Release automation, Containerization and Cloud infrastructure i.e AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Experience in OpenStack environments to create and manage users using Keystone, Volume management using Cinder, network and port management using Neutron and VM management using OpenStack.
- Experience in Converting existing AWS Infrastructure to Server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Expertise in implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure. Working on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave.
- Expertise on configuring and integrating the servers with different environment and creating new machines using configuration management/provisioning tools like Chef, Ansible
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents.
- Expertise in Orchestration and Configuration Management of middleware and applications deployment by writing Ansible Playbooks and pushing them into lower to higher tier environments.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo/TeamCity by installing, configuring, and maintaining for continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment.
- Expertise in Java builds tools like ANT, MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as (jar, war & ear) from source code and configured and setup MAVEN Profiles.
- Working Knowledge with Version Control tools such as Subversion/Git Branching, Merging Strategies, migrating projects from Subversion repositories to GitHubEnterprise repositories through Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Deployed the artifacts in Nexus central repository for internal deployments and managed Nexus repository for the current project created a new repository and provisioned it. Have hands on experience with Bitbucket Server.
- Proficient with Shell, Python, Ruby, Power Shell, YAML, Groovy scripting languages.
- Worked with the groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where 'Groovy Jenkins Plugin' and 'Groovy Post - Build Action Plugin' is used as a build step and post build actions.
- Experienced in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like Junit and Cucumber.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP and TFTP).
- Experience in database environments like MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and Cassandra and server less engine like Lambda. Also have experience in Groovy Scripting for compiling script dynamically to a Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/Apache Tomcat/JBoss, Nginx and their installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Experience in using different log monitoring tools like Nagios, Sumo logic, Splunk, ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, Kibana) to see logs information, monitor, security and get the health notifications from nodes.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and SCRUM
- Expertise in installation, Support, Configuration, Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 5.x, 6.x, SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 10,11, SOLARIS 9,10 and UBUNTU 10,12 & 14 LTS.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of system maintenance and has good customer support experience and always ready to discuss on latest changes in technology and their automation concepts.
Cloud Environments: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack
Version Control Tools: SVN (Subversion), GIT, GIT Hub, Bit Bucket, TFS
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Cloud Watch
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, JBoss
Testing Tools: Junit, Cucumber
Operating Systems: Unix/Linux (Red Hat 5/6, CentOS, SUSE), Solaris 9/10, Ubuntu 14, Windows, Mac, Debian
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, NoSQL
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, Remedy
Programming Languages: C#, Java/J2EE, .Net
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Python, Groovy, Ruby, Perl
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Working in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- I have designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings and security policies and routing.
- Working with Elastic Block Storage (EBS), created Volumes and attached to the EC2 instances and created snapshot from that so that we can create a new server with same configurations.
- Created S3buckets to back up the files and customized it in JSON format and assign the policies so that who can access the files. For the long-term storage and archive files Glacier is used.
- Responsible for IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Configured ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and changed the Security group settings to balance the load on the servers.
- Responsible in architecting and configuring VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) through private and public networks in AWS.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using CloudWatch .
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used DNS management in Amazon S3 to backup database instances to save snapshots of data.
- Build the maven artifacts using Jenkins and Deploying into Amazon Cloud Environment by adding Monitoring Metrics to CloudWatch and the respective Alarms.
- Wrote build automation scripts for SQL database maintenance using PowerShell.
- Developed various dashboards for monitoring servers, network routers, IoT devices using Kibana
- Extensively worked on handling the memory related issues on Elasticsearch and changing the ES-HEAPSIZE.
- Built DNS system in EC2 and managed all DNS related tasks. Managed the configuration of the applications using chef.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Implemented and maintained SQS (Simple Queue Services), SNS (Simple Notification Services) and SES (Simple E-mail Services) for messaging purpose using AWS.
- Worked with DB team in migrating msSQL server to PostgreSQL using flyway.
- Hands-on experience migrating Oracle, SQL Server instances to AWS RDS (Oracle to Oracle migration, Oracle to Postgres migration)
- Developed DB2 SQL code in support of post data migration strategic initiatives on membership, authorization, and claims reporting, and post implementation data validation and auditing processes.
- Working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Used Docker to virtualize the servers for the test environments and development environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers. Build additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications by encapsulating them in containers. Created virtual images similar to production environment using Docker by writing Docker compose files.
- Designed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes (Docker) on CoreOS.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef cookbooks. Installed Chef-Server enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Implemented Auto Scaling with Chef and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances. Worked on Managing Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implemented CI process for Chef cookbooks development workflow with help of Test Kitchen, Robocop and Chef Spec. Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef and implemented auto scaling and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, WebLogic servers using Chef and Jenkins.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Responsible for Setting up monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer Latency.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git.
- Using JenkinsAWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy into AWS.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Build was done using Gradle Script and Deployed the application in WebSphere Application Server.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through WebLogic Application Server console
- Worked with JIRA for change control & ticketing which handles DCR (defect Change Request) MR (Maintenance Request).
Environment: AWS, A zure, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Cron, Jira, Azure, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, Autoscaling, Route53, DNS, Nagios, RHEL 6.8/7. x.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Creating a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to build a secure zone environment for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Creating Private networks and sub-networks and bringing instances under them based on the requirement.
- Implemented VPC peering between different VPC’s in a datacenter.
- Used AWS Console and AWS CLI for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Worked on AWS services like S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and IAM and Amazon Web Services (AWS) provision.
- Used S3 for highly durable and available data, versioning and lifecycle policies.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Used IAM (Identity Access and Management) to create new user and assigned groups and roles for those users.
- Created metrics from meta data of AWS services and providing notifications, alarms and setting up auto scaling.
- Performed AWS cloud deployments for web applications with monitoring using CloudWatch and VPC to manage network configurations.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux and PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Used Git, Maven, Jenkins, Chef and Jira as tools for day to day build & release cycles.
- Collaborated with development and support team to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely for fasten the Build/Release Engineering.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes. Worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Responsible for Build/Release Engineering Automation with Docker and Jenkins.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to Schedule the builds.
- Used Python scripting for automation, highly scalable, build promotions for staging to production.
- Written Shell Scripts to restore Jenkins and GitHub from daily backups.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in AWS.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning.
- Initially used Puppet as a Configuration management tool and later started using the CHEF.
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management and managing the infrastructure environment with Puppet.
- Creating puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Managed and deployed the software configurations using Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Managed Servers and Reports using Puppet through host groups and puppet modules and manifests.
- Wrote puppet manifests from scratch for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus). And Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, rsync).
- Remote administration and system configuration through scripting, Linux CLI (Bash, Perl, Python), SaltStack (Puppet), and Rackspace (OpenStack) console.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on WebSphere, Tomcat, WebLogic application servers Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Configured GIT (Stash) tool as the source code repositories for all projects and Nexus for all builds release repository.
- Responsible for using DevOps build tools like Maven, Gradle and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Worked with JIRA for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, Autoscaling, WebSphere, Route53, DNS, Bamboo Nagios, RHEL 5.11/6. x.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Installed Chef Server and Chef Clients to pick up the build from Repository and deploy in target environments. AndCreated Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate build with Development Pipeline.
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppetmanifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins and Puppet along with Shell Scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented, maintained and supported reliable, timely and reproducible builds and developed build related scriptsin shell for maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml files.
- Responsible for creating User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linuxcommands and Nagios system monitor.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes andEC2 instances.
- Monitored resources and applications using AWS cloud watch including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3 and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Tested disaster recovery scenarios in cloud using AWS including backup & restore, pilot light and warm standbyscenarios. Good understanding of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS) various volume types and utilization of different types of EBS volumes based on environment.
- Installed, configured and maintained Application/Web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere on Red Hat Linux.
- Installing, configuring & administering and maintaining Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.
- Used Python scripts to update contents in databases and manipulated files and generated Python Django forms to record data of online users.
- Managed container-based deployments using Docker and created images from the Docker containers and pushed them to the Docker registry.
- Installed and administrated GIT Source code tools and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the Branching strategies for GIT. Experienced in GIT forks, tagging, handling merge requests and notifications.
- Dealt with troubleshooting issues like Server hang, keep a live threads, HTTP threads, Application Deadlock, PermGen space, Out of Memory Issue, High memory usage and High CPU.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, chef, Puppet, Docker, Python, Apache Web Server, HTTP Web Server, WebSphere, Ruby, Docker Registry, Shell Scripting, Nagios System monitor, Unix, RHEL.
Confidential, Morris Plains, NJ
Build & Release Engineer
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Produced automated software builds using variety of open source, scripting and proprietary tools.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Provide support to development, test, customer service and production support.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform and AWS .
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Involved in Installing Hudson on a Linux machine and created a Master and Slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build form.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services send mail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios
- Managed Source code using SVN/GIT and used the concepts of branching, merging and tagging for release management.
- Supported development team to resolve build failures related to environments, tools and scripts.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins server for build & test applications and maintained ant build script including build.xml and pom.xml.
- Worked with IT operational readiness team to design and implement build and release scripts using UNIX.
- Developed and facilitate release/deployment management processes across environments in support of releases and used Build Forge/Cruise Control to deploy project. Ear files to appropriate environments in accordance with weekly schedule.
- Worked on maintenance of Continuous Integration using Maven and managed Maven pom files.
- Used repository management tools such as Arti factory and Nexus.
- Created and maintain build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, written scripts for environment changes in Bash and Perl for WebSphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- Revolutionized the traditional build process with the automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tool. Installed Jenkins CI to production, Development and test areas.
- Utilized mixed open source and other tools such as Nagios for network monitoring, backups with BackupExec, SNORT for IDS, Endpoint for Antivirus/Anti Spyware, WSUS for patch management.
- Integrated Gerrit tool to git for code review which helped in the reduction of the code defects.
- Created maintenance branch to apply patches for critical fix.
- Archived build and placed it in a secure server to retrieve if needed in future.
- Experiences updating Java JDK in all Linux, Solaris and Windows machines
- Experience Installing eclipse with ANT to build JAVA based application, compilation and packaging
Environment: Git, SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Gerrit, Code Collaborator, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Java JDK, Java/J2EE, Citrix XenCenter, Bash, Python, Perl, Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere
- Responsible for installation (using Kickstart), configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x at other data center over the network.
- Administered and maintained Red Hat 4.x/5.x, troubleshoot hardware, operating system, applications & network problems, and performance issues.
- Developed, customized and build RPMs on Linux for deployment on various servers through software Development Life Cycle.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Kickstart for Linux.
- Primary support to all kind of issues for all Linux platforms.
- Developing/executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting/analyzing problems.
- Patch and Package administration to keep the servers updated with the patches and that implementing packages developed for deployment
- Installed and configured SSH to enable secure access to the servers.
- Firmware upgradation and deployment of Patches in Linux servers.
- Worked on creating, maintaining and troubleshooting LVM and file management
- Mounting and Unmounting NAS share and extending file system (using LVM) in Linux
- Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NIS/NIS+, NFS, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and Print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Acquired Strong Skills in installing & Configuring LDAP, creating admin, migrating users to LDAP server and configuring database to LDAP server.
- Coordinating with SSL team for the certificates to be installed in the system.
- Monitor ticket queue to attend user and system calls, attend team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment
- Worked on 24X7 off-hour rotation support team.
Environment: Shell and PERL Scripting, Python, UNIX, Linux, LVM, TCP/IP, NFS, VMware, SSH, SCP, RPMS, Patch, SELinux, DHCP, KVM, DNS, Confidential