- 8+ years of experience in DevOps, Configuration Management and Build and Release.
- Good experience with principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Strong Experience with Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef and Ansible.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services AWS.
- Strong experience in Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework Tools.
- Worked on multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Implemented HashiCorp tools like Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Vault.
- Creating Docker containers for managing the application life cycle.
- Evaluated Docker Data Center and Kubernetes for Docker Orchestration.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant.
- Experience in using monitoring tools like Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, Nagios, ELK Stack.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools GIT, Sub-Version, Perforce.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Experienced with Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Logstash.
- Involved in writing Ruby, Python, PowerShell and Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Experienced in build tools such as Maven, ANT, MSBuild, Jenkins, TeamCity.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Senior DevOps - Site Reliability Engineer
- Setup and build various AWS infrastructure resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Groups, Auto Scaling, ELB and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Lambda, SES, SQS, and SNS services in AWS Cloud.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Container management using Docker by writing Dockerfiles and set up the automated build on Docker HUB, installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Worked on POC for Windows Azuremigration like Creating Azure VMs, Storage accounts, Storage pools, migrating On-premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in Azure.
- Implemented and managed company-wide fully automate continuous integration build and deployments using Chef, Ansible, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy.
- Implemented Ansible and Chef to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Configured and implemented ELB,F5 Load Balancers to maintain global and local traffic across various environments.
- Utilized a combination of Terraform and Ansible to create multiple VPCs, subnets, and servers to serve multiple clients in a secure and compliant fashion.
- Building/Maintaining Docker Container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Key focus on defining and implementing a monitoring strategy (metric collection, persistence, and use - building patterns for alerting and dashboarding). This includes definition of tagging standards, technology selection, integration, documentation, and automation.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications in AWS using Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and SNS.
- Implemented Monitoring and logging using New Relic, DataDog, ELK Stack, Splunk.
- Migrated Legacy VMWare infrastructure to AWS Cloud using Chef, Terraform, CF templates.
- Worked on POC for Docker Data Center (DDC).
- Setup Universal Control Plane (UCP) for management and orchestration of the Docker environment and Trusted Registry (DTR) for Docker image collaboration, management and security.
- Experience with Patching and Certificate management.
Environment: AWS EC2, VPC, S3, EBS, ELB, Security Groups, Auto Scaling, RDS, CloudFormation Templates, Route 53, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, Azure, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, DDC, Splunk, New Relic, Datadog, GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Artifactory, Maven, MSBuild, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Ruby, PagerDuty, JIRA.
Confidential, Deerfield Beach, FL
Senior DevOps Consultant - Chef Developer
- Rapid-Provisioning and Configuration Management for Linux, Windows using Chef and Cloud Formation Templates on Amazon Web Services.
- Developed cookbooks to spin up our Dev, Test, Stage environments.
- Worked on Chef Delivery for Continuous Delivery. Introduced Hashi Corp Vault for secure secret storage.
- Implemented Hashi corp Consul for service discovery.
- Developed Multiple cookbooks from scratch. Developed cookbooks to configure Biztalk, SQL, IIS, MongoDB, Custom NetSuite Applications. Used Kitchen as a platform to test the cookbooks. Used Food Critic and Rubocop as linting tools.
- Implemented Chef-best practices and introduced Berkshelf and Test Kitchen to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work-flow.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security Groups, S3, ELB, RDS and IAM through Cloud Formation templates.
- Introduced load-based Autoscaling to increase capacity at peak times and reduce the costs at off-peaks times.
- Worked on Docker to create Containers for the application using Gradle.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs. And also, configuration automation for Docker containers.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Managed deployment of Nagios monitoring to insure 99.9% uptime.
- Evaluated Apache Mesos and Kubernetes for Docker Container Orchestration.
- Worked with TeamCity to create CI/CD process. Created TeamCity Builds for BizTalk projects using Build runners to generate MSI applications.
- Used Artifactory to deploy the build Artifacts from TeamCity builds.
- Administered TeamCity, setup master/slave and assigning different users permissions.
- Develop Ruby, PowerShell, shell scripts to automate tasks and the build process.
- Use GITLAB as a Version Control with GIT branching strategy that included develop branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Working with Linux/Windows based environments.
Environment: Chef, Chef Solo, Vagrant, Ruby, PowerShell/Shell Scripting, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS IAM, AWS S3, EC2, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, TeamCity, Artifactory, MSBuild, Maven, BizTalk, IIS, GITLAB, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows Server 2012 R2.
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
Senior DevOps Consultant
- Designed and Provisioned AWS infrastructure using Cloud Formation
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of server types and application tiers.
- Managed Servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Chef Configuration Management.
- Created Cloud Formation template to build a repeatable process to stand up various application deployment environments in AWS.
- Configured Auto Scaling, Route 53, and Custom Cloud Watch metrics for various J2EE and .net applications.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash and PowerShell
- Developed PowerShell, Bash scripts for automated deployment of set of inbuilt tools to AWS instances, with required configurations and settings to meet the business requirements.
- The automation involved heterogeneous set of machines (cloud/physical) and components, with tools like Chocolatey, Team City, AWS, and Perforce.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-Server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes. And AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Setup continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
Environment: AWS ELB, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS IAM, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Watch, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Ruby, Bash, Shell, PowerShell, GIT, BitBucket, Perforce, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows, Apache, Tomcat, JIRA.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for AWS Cloud Automation.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Implemented Vagrant, a production like virtual development environment for developers.
- Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Maintaining a farm of AWS EC2 instances, ELB’s and RDS.
- Wrote shell scripts to automate daily tasks like DNS entries to Route53, checking connectivity etc.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Integrating various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform.
Environment: Chef, Ruby Maven, Artifactory, GIT, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef, GIT, Spring, jQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Jenkins.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Designed the infrastructure and implemented on AWS cloud.
- Setup AWS VPC’s for dev, staging and Prod environments.
- Manage, configure and maintain Ec2 instances, ELB, RDS, Elastic Cache, SNS etc.
- Automated server/database backups using (snapshots/AMI images).
- Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing on the infrastructure on AWS for security.
- Setup Jenkins Build server and maintenance.
- Analyzed and designed their requirement to categorized and modularized Cookbooks to make them efficient and reusable for future needs.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server’s template minimal.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes using Chef-Spec, Food Critic and Test-kitchen.
- Apace-tomcat Web Server Configuration and Management.
- Setup Zabbix as an infrastructure monitoring tool.
- Version Control Using SVN, branching and merging repositories.
- Managing Build Process using Jenkins Server.
- Implemented a Continuous Integration process using shell scripts.
- Manage Releases, including coordinating with the Dev team and QA team.
- Migrated Servers from East-Zone to West-Zone.
Environment: Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, GIT, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows, AWS, Ruby, Chef, Windows.
Release/ Build Engineer
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, Assembly, Deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Overhauling the source code in SVN, adding static code analysis tests like coverity, findbugs, pmd etc., and configuring unit tests to run as part of builds.
- Setting up commit builds to check for compilation failures of checked-in source code by the developers to accelerate CI.
- Setting up of component builds which compile and package the components into OS specific .tgz.
- Assembly, deploy jobs to list the exact configuration of packages with all their dependencies, settings and deploying them to various environments for running tests.
- Working with the development team to increase the unit test code coverage.
- Establish CI / CD for trunk and branches to support parallel development.
- Planning the releasing activities and delivering them on schedule.
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, feature addition builds and Sales Candidates.
- Integrating the latest available changes / components to the product software.
- Baselining the software contents.
- Creating software packages for factories.
- Creation of packages for updates through Internet (e.g., FOTA, FOTI).
- Automation of day-to-day, repetitive tasks.