- Sr. AWS DevOps professional 7+ Years of experience in IT industry comprising of devops Management, Software Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automation, Build Release Management and Linux System Administrator.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer having Good experience in Configuration Management, Build and Release Management, DevOps Engineering, System Administration, and Quality Assurance and configuring changes across various environment which include DEV/SIT/UAT/Staging/Production/DR.
- Strong working knowledge on the principles of Software Configuration Management (SCM) for tracking, controlling changes in Software in the SDLC methodologies like Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong experience in setting up the enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) like Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB, EBS, EC2, ELB, IAM, Redshift, RDS, S3, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Front, security group and AWS lambda.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Cloud environments like Aws, Azure, Open Stack, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Proficiency in setting up Security and Identity across the Azure through Active Directory (AD) including Key Vault, AD B2C and security center.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Proficient in DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Hudson, Bamboo, GitLab, Urban Code Deploy, Team City, Maven and configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and vagrant.
- Hands on experience with created several Manifests, Playbooks, and Cookbooks to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration.
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Backup through GIT and Subversion (SVN).
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clear case, TFS Microsoft Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools like Maven, Ant, NAnt, Build Forge, MS build and a good knowledge on Gradle.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Good knowledge on System health and performance monitoring and remediation, including visualization tools such as Nagios/Icinga, graphite, New Relic, Datadog, Zabbix etc. knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing, Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and Experience in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.).
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity. Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Experience writing XML, Ant scripts, shell scripts, Perl scripts, Java scripts, Python, Ruby, Chef,Vagrant, Kitchen scripts to automate the deployments.
- Experience in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2 instances, EBS. Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprises
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
Programming/Scripting Languages: C, C++, HTML, XML, Shell, BASH, PowerShell, YAML, Ruby, Python
Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/vista/XP/2003/2000/NT/98/95, Linux/ Unix (HP - Unix, AIX, RHEL, Ubuntu, Fedora, SUSE etc)
Cloud/IaaS/Saas/PaaS: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud Platform etc.
AWS Services: Autoscaling, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, EBS, EC2, ELB, IAM, RDS, S3,VPC, Route 53, CloudFront, security group, Glacier, Lambda.
SCM, Build, CI/CD Tools: SVN, GIT (GIT Hub, GIT Bucket, GIT Stash), CVS, TFS,Perforce, Clear Case, MS Build, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo, UrbanCode Deploy
Provisioning Tools: Chef, Ansible.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Graphite,Zabbix and cloud watch, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Containerization/ Orchestration/ Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, Virtual Box, XEN, KVM
Database Servers: Oracle (12c/11g/10g), MySQL, SQL Server.
Ticketing Tools: Atlassian JIRA, REMEDY, Redmine.
Application/Web servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Glassfish.
Network Services/Protocols: FTP, SSH, Telnet, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, SAN/ NAS, RAID Levels, postfix, LDAP, Server, NIS and NIS+
Confidential, Burr Ridge, IL
- Working as a DevOps engineer for automating the build, configuration, deployment and testing of enterprise level software applications on premise and on cloud.
- Working with Developers to design the scope of the Project to Onboard into DevOps
- Migrating the code from SVN to Gitlab, to make CI/CD pipeline easy for deployment process.
- Working on troubleshooting issues pertaining to Build failures, triggering and escalations to developers on the issues.
- Using MS build to creating the packages temporarily in dev environment. Created msbuild.xml file for each application to create the packages.
- Integrated Jenkins with Gitlab to pull the code and with nexus to upload the packages.
- Using Jenkins for creating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines to automate builds and deployments for effective results.
- Maintaining versioning when creating packages to make it easy to identify new packages in the deployment process.
- Creating the packages through Jenkins and pushing all the packages to Nexus repository for the deployment process.
- Implementing a CD pipeline involving Jenkins, Chef to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Automating builds in Windows using bash and shell scripting.
- Developed and implemented an automated windows and Linux infrastructure using Chef .
- Developing chef recipes using Ruby script through Knife command-line tool to create chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Writing cookbook recipes in ruby to deploy the applications and configurations to different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Production.
- Pushing the cookbook to chef-repo in Gitlab to go through CI/CD process to make sure it is working properly and upload it to chef server and chef supermarket for next level deployment process.
- Creating the different configuration management files for the different environments (Dev, QA, UAT and Prod) and maintaining them in Gitlab.
- Integrated Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins for a continuous delivery framework. Doing the application deployment to all the environments Based on the Chef environment file in chef server.
- Works on Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, On-cloud, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Creating role-based cookbooks and wrapper cookbooks depending on the requirements
- Creating and spinning up EC2 instances in AWS to test the cookbook.
- Creating New AMI’s and maintaining them throughout
- Experience in Implementing AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
Environment: AWS, chef, Jenkins, Gitlab, EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, IAM, CloudWatch, GIT, Nexus, Unix/Linux, Ruby, Groovy
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
AWS Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Build servers using AWS Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu), creating security groups, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, and AWS Lambda using java to perform event driven processing.
- Handling almost entire cloud operations like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling etc. and leading the team of Cloud Engineers.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS and Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Create Rundeck jobs to integrate with our Jenkins CI process and call Chef on the deployment servers.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker and Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Used ANT and MAVEN for building the applications and developing the build scripts and Created automated scheduled builds with JENKINS.
- Worked on User Management and Plugin Management for Jenkins.
- Installed packages on chef only when necessary by managing the attributes.
- Migrated consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Perl scripting.
- Automated the deployment of applications inside software containers and Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Chef for continuous delivery and rewritten recipes for new environments.
- Configured and deployed several hypervisors and VMs running OpenStack for DevOps, testing and production environments.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA and Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Getting the list of issues from the components (project, module, file etc.) with the help of Sonarqube.
- Used GIT version control to manage the source code and integrating GIT with Jenkins to support build automation.
- Configured security and system in Jenkins added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Managing and architecting large volumes of Virtual Servers and monitoring its applications through Nagios.
- Developed complex administration, monitoring and management utilities using PowerShell.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat and JBOSS and performed the synchronization of various environments with the latest code.
- Ensured sending timely notifications to Release, Development and Testing Teams on the progress and completion of the build and deployments.
Environment: AWS, chef, Jenkins, Azure, EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, AWS CLI, CloudFormation, IAM, CloudWatch, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Unix/Linux, Ruby, ANT, Maven, VSTS, Apache Tomcat.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds and Releases.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures, schedule build calendars and change history for releases.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Responsible for maintenance of the GITRepositories which includes Jenkins Integration, creating pull requests, code reviews, branching, merging and transitioning JIRA issues.
- Managed GIT and Bitbucket repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using GIT.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Wrote automation scripts for Ansible and in house custom AWS framework.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Automated the entire Importing and Compilation process.
- Deployed built artifacts to WebLogic application server using MAVEN.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment(CI and CD process) and Ansible)
- Utilized Ansible, Git and Rundeck to install and configure Linux environments with successful production deployment.
- Coordinated application release with Developer, DBA, QA and Project Management teams.
- Verifying the Correct Binaries before releasing to production environment.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services (AWS) utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, EBS.
- Wrote Ansible scripts to manage the creation of EC2 instances, ELBs, Route53 entries, AmazonSecurity Groups, customized Tomcat applications, Apache web servers and other miscellaneous items in a Linux environment.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Ansible and Docker for continuous delivery. Rewritten recipes for new environments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new Github branch gets started.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT and DOCKER (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, MAVEN and DOCKER as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web Logic, UNIX, Ansible, Ant, Java, Linux Perl, Oracle 10g, Bitbucket, JIRA
Build & Release Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Implementation/setup continuous project build and deployment delivery process using Subversion, Bamboo, and Subversion, Jenkins, urban code Deploy.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Installing, configuring, managing, tracing complex build problems, release issues and trouble shooting skills.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts that arose during the merge inboth Perforce and SVN.
- Generated ANT andUNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools to Find Bugs and Covertures into ANT Projects.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using CI Tools like Hudson, Build Forge and Bamboo.
- Set up the selectors, servers in build forge for various UNIX/Windows servers with successful connections between them.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Evaluated and lead the conversion to using Team Foundation Server for integrated source control, builds, testing, and deployment and lead upgrades of TFS.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Used GIT for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Gradle
- Setup build forge projects/Environments to integrate it with source code (ClearCase, SVN) and the staging area or Nexus.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Deployed using Admin console into WebLogic Application Servers and Pushed releases to QA, Beta and Production environments.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebSphere Application Server.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, Tomcat, Oracle 11g/12c, LINUX, GIT,SVN, TFS, ANT, Build-forge, Jenkins, Nexus, JSP.
Linux Administrator/ Support Engineer
- Worked on Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, and Trouble shooting.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, INT and QA Environments.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Managing disks and file system using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) in Solaris Servers and using Logical Volume Manager in Linux servers.
- Designed an Architectural Diagram for different applications before migrating into Amazon cloud for flexible, cost-effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured.
- Installed and configured SSH & SSL for secured access on Linux Systems.
- Comfortable working in a Data center environment and work on CLI while performing tasks like- swapping disks, Attaching/Detaching storage, increasing Utilization.
- Continuous Integration of builds using Jenkins's, Migration of build system Ant to Maven and managing the build system.
- Implementation of RAID techniques and creation disk groups and volumes, plexes using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Networking and configuring TCP/IP, LAN, SAN, DNS, NFS, NIS, FTP, DHCP, SAMBA, SFTP, Apache, SSH and Yum repositories.
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Worked on VMware ESX server, created VMs and installation of OS in virtual machines, KVM to VMware migrations, and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Configured clusters to provide fail over, load balancing and deployed applications on clusters.
- Developed Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail theteam when the build is complete.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 4.x, 5.x), Cent OS, Ubuntu, Oracle, MYSQL, Apache, Tomcat,Bash Scripting,Ant, Java/J2EE, Maven, Jenkins,Solaris, Python, WebSphere