- Around 6 years of experience in DevOps Engineering, Build and Release Engineering, Configuration Management and Linux administration in various environments Windows, UNIX and Linux servers which include DEV/SIT/UAT/Staging/Production along with espousing cloud strategies.
- Expertise all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum process including Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Testing, Production, and Maintenance in Enterprise Applications.
- Experience and knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS implementing Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in implementing AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling.
- Experience in implementing AWS platform and its services including Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, and Security Groups.
- Expertise in monitoring and maintaining the servers and storage using AWS cloud watch and automated deployment of websites, applications and services to production environments.
- Strong working experience on Automate system configuration of application servers using configuration management tools like Docker, Chef and Puppet
- Hands on experience in Writing Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration. Developed Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure.
- Experience in implementing Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Hands on experience with configuring multiple Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes. Expertise with build automation tools like Maven.
- Good working Knowledge on creation of Puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT Stash used Source code management client tools like SVN, GIT, GitHub,…etc.
- Implemented Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Good knowledge in Relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DB2, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDS, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Very Familiar with Linux environments like CentOS, RHEL (OSE), Ubuntu and Windows.
- Experience in upgrading major release version of Red Hat Enterprise 6.x to Red Hat Enterprise 7.x.
- Knowledge on NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, Postfix, send mail, FTP, security management.
- Strong working experience in using JIRA as issue tracking and ticketing tool.
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, communication & inter personal skills with ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and project environments.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
Operating Systems: Centos, Linux, Ubuntu, Unix and Windows
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
Source Control Tools: Subversion, GIT
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CM Tools: Chef, Puppet
Programing Language: Python, Bash, Shell Scripting
Data Base: Oracle, My SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2
Cloud: Amazon web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure
AWS Cloud Technologies: EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, EBS, Glacier, RDS, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Lambda, DynamoDB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, RedShift, IAM, SQS, SNS, SES
Web Service: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
DevOps Engineer/ Puppet Automation Engineer
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked on Amazon AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, EC2 Container Service) and managing security groups on AWS.
- Provisioning AWS through Infrastructure as code. Push button deployment of new environments and version control of existing systems - Terraforming AWS.
- Configured EC2 container service (ECS) and Docker engine to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Responsible for delivering an end to end continuous integration - continuous delivery system for the products in an agile development approach using Puppet and Jenkins .
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end serve.
- Familiar with modern infrastructure technologies, virtualization, clustering, load- balancing and CDN .
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ).
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Wrote Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters .
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox and Docker Engine.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins, Artifactory and Continuous delivery environment using Jenkins, Yum and Puppet.
- Used Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from GIT and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
Environment: Windows, Linux/UNIX, AWS, Puppet, Docker, Git, Maven, Jenkins, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud watch.
Confidential, Muskogee, OK
DevOps Engineer/Chef Automation Engineer
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare Vm's as required in the environment.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Worked on operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual private cloud (VPC) and public cloud .
- Well Versed with Configuring Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Installed and used Chef Server Enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing ruby scripts in Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen /chef spec.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes using ruby to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Implemented Chef Server and components installations, including cert imports, increase chef license, creating admins and users.
- Involved in chef infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fixes .
- Implemented Splunk infrastructure and used Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers load balancers, web servers, and application servers.
- Configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation .
- Worked with Docker & help improve our Continuous Delivery framework to streamline releases and reliability
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB .
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins.
- Wrote Maven build tools for application layer modules.
Environment: Linux, Windows, Chef, Docker, Chef Cookbooks, AWS, VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Glacier, Redshift, RDS, Splunk, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, DockerHub, EBS, DynamoDB.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked as Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (DevOps) Engineer with good understanding of principals.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion / GIT support for different projects and Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Create and Maintain nightly builds, hot-fix builds/branches, custom and private builds.
- Handled Jira tickets for SCM support activities.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the CI (Continuous Integration) tool with Jenkins.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using ANT and package it in its distributable format such as JAR, WAR and EAR and deploying them in the WebSphere application server.
- Perform deployments to multiple environments in Testing, staging and production environments and configure jobs for generating project artifacts.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Test Driven Development ( TDD )
- Monitoring of applications, servers, doing capacity planning with the help of Nagios for managing logs to notify the incident management system upon reaching or exceeding the threshold limits
- Creating, Utilizing, Managing Policies and Glacier storage in S3 buckets on AWS.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management ( IAM ) groups and users for improved login authentication.
- Created EBS snapshots, rebuilt new EBS volumes from snapshots to migrate applications, and storing these snapshots into S3 buckets for backup.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
Environment: Linux, Windows, GIT, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS Glacier, AWS IAM, WebSphere, Artifact, Nagios, IAM
- Creating and managing user accounts and managing system security.
- Setting permissions to user, group profiles and directories.
- Worked with team to create a standard template for RHEL by following security standards.
- Fixed multiple things for hardening the security standard for RHEL Template.
- Build documentation for current satellite 5 and satellite 6 and puppet environment in the organization.
- Responsible for creating templates, cloning and deploying VM's in VMware environment.
- Installing and configuring the new builds as per the client's requirements.
- Extended existing LV depending on the application requirement.
- Installing new Linux Servers on SAN LUN .
- Installing, Updating and Removing the packages on the servers as per the request.
- Identified issues and documented those issues before they become problem and collaborated to fix them.
- To interact with customers and made recommendation at all levels.
- Create and manage software and hardware based RAIDs
- Configuring and maintaining system monitoring and backups.
- Managing network security, routing, bandwidth, and performance .
- Solving Repository issues if the server is failing to get the install or update the packages.
- Documenting each task after completion and storing it in the company's internal SharePoint site.
- Provided 24/7 on call support for server related issues, tasks.
Environment: Linux, RHEL, SAN LUN, RAID, VMWare, Security, Monitoring, Backup.