- 8+ years of IT experience and gained expertise in systems - Windows and Linux administration andtransformed traditional environments to virtualized environments with VMWARE.
- Professional experience of 7+ years in virtualization technologies like VMWARE, VDI and 6+ years onwindows and Unix (mainly Linux) and 5+ years on storage technologies.
- Proficiency in installing and configuring VMware vSphere and VMware VCenter.
- Install, configure and maintain VDI Environment using VMware Horizon view. Created Desktop Images, deploying desktop Pools and Installing applications using Thinapp on user’s desktops etc.,
- Troubleshooting VDI environment Issues. Administration of VMware Horizon view which perform daily maintenance and upgrade the service packs, Patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, vDS, different types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN.
- Extensive experience in working with vMotion and Storage vMotion technologies.
- Strong experience in configuring HA and DRS on clusters and using EVC mode as needed.
- Provided systems administration support to physical Windows and Unix environments for various web, application and SQL database
- Expertise in design and Implementation of Windows, VMWARE environments on Cisco UCS, HP Blade Servers, Dell Power Edge series.
- Well versed with Storage technologies, All Flash and Hybrid storage arrays of multiple vendors - EMC,HP, IBM configured, and integrated virtual and physical environments for high performance andavailability.
- Implemented Disaster Recovery Solutions of physical and virtual environments using various local andremote replication methodologies - like VMWARE SRM, SAN Based Replication like - EMC Recover Point, NetAPP, HP Remote Copy.
- Strong knowledge and working experience on Citrix XenDesktop, VWMARE VDIHorizonenvironment supporting user environments.
- Performed Data Center Migrations, OS version upgrade projects on Windows, Unix, VMWARE, storageplatform refresh projects.
- Worked on a project to upgrade vCenter from across three Data Centers.
- Worked on P2V and V2V conversions using VMware Converter and Platespin.
- Worked on Data Center Decommission and Data Center Migration projects to migrate 4000 virtual and physical servers.
- Worked on a project to upgrade vCenter Operations Manager(vCOPS)to vRealize Operations Manager (vROPS).
- Experience in Active Directory such as Domain Controllers, editing Domainusers and Groups,Organizational Units, and Forest Functional Level.
- Experience in Domain migration and updating the windows 2012 R2 servers to windows server 2016.
- Experienced with BIG IP F5 load balancer and Cloudflare for managing and monitoring the websites on IIS webservers.
- Experience in enabling VSAN on a cluster, creating manual disk groups, assigning storage policies and scaling VSAN cluster with additional hosts.
- Experience of installing, upgrading and configuring UCS B250M2,UCSB230M2,UCS B200M2 and UCSC200 Rack-mount servers in UCS 5100 chassis and configuring the Cisco UCS 6100 Fabricinter-connects.
- Experience with Hyper-Converged Virtualization hardware platforms, including Dell\EMC VxRail, VMWare VSAN.
- Experience working with Cisco M81KR VIC card, UCS 2104Fabric Extenders andCiscoUCS 6248series Fabric Interconnects.
- Experience in configuring Nexus 1000v VSM and VEM modules, Nexus 5548 and Catalyst 3500management switches.
- Storage allocation to different hosts from NetApp using Oncommand Manager. Backup and restoration using NetApp.
- Highly experience in LAN/WAN networking architecture and TCP/IP protocol stack, wireless networks,Cloud computing concepts.
- Configured default gateway, add/remove static routes and dynamic routing protocols (OSPF) on NSXEdge Logical Distributed Router.
- Experience in distributed Firewall Services,Strong working knowledge of installing and supporting DNS/DFS/DHCP/WINSenvironment.
- Administration of production Windows Servers infrastructure that includes Domain Controllers, IIS Web Servers, File and Print and FTP/SFTP servers.
- Experience with patching and pushing software packages using SCCM
- Design and implementation of global monitoring solution using SCOM, HP SIM and Dell OpenManage.
Server OS: Windows 2008, 2012 R2,2016, Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX,Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cisco IOS.
Scripting: PowerShell Scripting, Python.
VMWARE: VMware ESX,ESXi, vCenter Center, vCO, vCACvCloud Director, SRM, Double-Take, PlateSpin, vConverter,vCOPsvROPs, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware Horizon, VMware View and ThinApp.
Hardware: Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis, HP C7000 Chassis, Dell M1000EChassis, Cisco UCS C & B Series, HP ProLiant DL & BL Series,DELL PowerEdge, Cisco 1000v, 1800, 2600, 2800, 3800 Routers.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, SNMP, WINS, DNS, NFS, NIS, LDAP, SMTP,iSCSI,NFS, FC, FCOE, Solarwinds
Storage and Backup: SAN, NAS, (Dell, EMC, NetApp, Hitachi and HP) Commvault,Avamar, Data domain, Veeam.
Automation: vCenter Orchestrator, PowerCLI, PowerShell.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
System Administrator (VMWARE/ Windows)
- Administered VMware Infrastructure and IIS webservers. Supporting the VDI environment. Configured and installing DellWYSE VDI thin clients.
- Installed Virtual Update manager (VUM) for patching the Esxi Hosts. Enabled DRS and HA to achieve virtual machine zero downtime.
- Updated the VMwaretoolson the virtual Machines.Configured vMotion, storage vMotion for migrating Virtual Machines and datastores.
- Installed and configured Microsoft SCCM system management toolfor patching the virtual machines.
- Troubleshooted failedESXiHost connections and virtual machine connections in vCenter.
- Experienced powerCLI to modify configurations and perform basic operations.
- Installed and configured CISCO UCS hardware,Updating UCS firmware, drivers through policies &commission/ decommission of blades and chassis.
- Managed and support VMware vCloud Center and VMware vCenter Orchestrator (vCO).
- Monitored virtual Infrastructure using VMware vRealize Operation Manager (vROPS) and Enabled Email alerts for Hardware, CPU usage, Memory usage and storage usage.
- Customized Dashboards in vRealize Operation Manager(vROPS) for a quick overview at Infrastructure.
- Monitored the IIS web servers, SQL servers Processes, services, application performances using the Dynatrace Tool.
- Installed Dynatrace agents in the VM’s for communicating with Dynatrace monitoring tool and McAfee agents to communicate with McAfee Console.
- Experienced with Solarwinds tools for reserving IP address and Monitoring the virtual Infrastructure.
- Deployed new virtual machines using customized templates and enabled Hot plug and Play for future purpose to increase the resources without downtime.
- Working on windows server 2016 Domain controllers. Created organizationalunits’structure for webservers, SQL servers, workstations, printers etc.,
- Joined new build servers in Domain and moved to appropriate organizational units to apply GPO’s properly.
- Created GPO’s and applied at the OU level. Add new user accounts to security groups/Distribution groups and assigned required permissions.
- Installed IIS Role and features in windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2016 severs.
- Identified firewall ports to join the new virtual machines in Domain controller, communication between the web server and SQL server and communicated with networking team to open the firewall ports.
- Installed DNS, DHCP server Roles and features in windows server 2016 and created DNS CName record, HOST A record etc., entries for websites Bindings.
- Configured BIG IP F5 Load balancer for IIS webservers by adding the virtual IP (VIP) pool.Enabled monitoring, http to https (301,302,307) redirects.
- Worked on cloud flare for public facing Sites like DNS, creatingpage rules, purging Cacheafter updating the Code etc.,
- Hosted websites in IIS webservers, created application pools and added sites binding.
- Created (SSL/TLS) Certificates in IIS webservers for secure https connections.
- Troubleshootedthe IIS webserverIssues like certificate errors, URL redirects, Application Pool permissionsetc., also understanding the application internal/external dependencies by viewing the web.config file.
- Deployed the application code on the Production servers.
- Configured Disaster recovery solution for VMware vSphere Environment using Recovery point, which takes point-in-time copy of a replica stored on the Data Protection Manager (DPM) server.
Confidential, Franklin lakes, NJ
SR. VMware/windows Administrator
- Administered VMware Infrastructure vSphere/vCenter/VDI environments by running over 125 ESXiHosts and 3000 Virtual Machines.
- Supported Production, Development and Test environments by supporting day to day maintenanceactivities of virtual environment.
- DeployedVcenterOperations Manager(VROPS), leveraging its capability for proactive monitoring of health of the entire virtual environment.
- Designed and implemented a cloud solution for internal customers, based on VMware vCloud.
- Took part in a Proof of Concept of Cloud Automation Center, building and configuring all components, adding automation to virtual server provisioning.
- Managed and support VMware vCloud Center and VMware vCenter Orchestrator (vCO) in Customerpre-production environment.
- Deployed and configured virtual servers on HP Blade Servers C-7000 Enclosures. Worked on HP onboard administrator, HPE one View,iLO.
- Worked with storage team on a 24/7 schedule in migrating Virtual Machines from legacy data stores to new HP LUN's .
- Esxi Installation on HP Proliant Servers Using Customized ISO. Monitoring the production HA environment using HP Open view and HP System Insight Manager (SIM)
- Managed Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) VMware View by configuring VMware View Composer,View Connection Server, View Agent and View Client.
- Configured Disaster recovery solution for VMware vSphere Environment using Site Recovery Manager(SRM) integrating with storage-basedreplication.
- Integrated VMWARE with EMC backup technologies for image-based backups which take advantage of change block tracking feature on VMWARE.
- Enabled VSI plugins to view storage in vCenter for better path management and storage visibility.
- Analysis of existing shell scripts, determination of required functional changes, modification, testing, andimplementation of script changes.
- Performed Hardware and Software maintenance of VMware ESX/ESXiHost Clusters, Servers and VirtualMachines.
- Performed Daily Monitoring of System performance, capacity &managed Inventoryadjust Systemconfigurations to accommodate required loads and functionality.
- Experience with Physical System (rack/stack, cabling, hard drive replacement, hardware upgrades) alsoInstalled, Configured and Supported HP servers.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, implementedvMotion and worked on P2V, V2V migrations using VMWare converter.
- Creating Power shell scripts for Automating the tasks like build the Virtual machines, getting the services running on the servers etc.,
- Migrated Production servers to Amazon web services (AWS) Cloud, configured Amazon CloudWatch for monitoring the production servers.
- Worked on Solar winds IPAM and Monitored the Virtual servers in Solar winds.
- Perform all storage management tasks remotely from the data center using tools such as NetAppOnCommand Unified Manager.
- Troubleshoot failedESXi host connections, and virtual machine connection Issues, Performance and resources Issues.
- Used powerCLIto modify configurations and perform basic operations like managingESXi hosts.
Confidential, Cary, NC
VMware and Windows Administrator
- Design, Installation, configuring and support of new vSphere ESXi servers with CISCO UCS.
- Deployed,configured and troubleshooted vCloudDirector in the vSphere environment.Providing resource allocation and deployment via vCloud Director.
- Implementation, support and monitoring of the Cisco UCS environment.
- Upgraded CISCO UCS A and B bundle firmware packages.Worked on Cisco UCS Manager, UCS Central to build service profile and templates
- Upgrade and stabilize the VI from ESXi 5.0 to ESXi 5.5 U1 using VUM and host profiles.
- Linked different vCenter servers using linked mode to have a single instance of vSphere client tomanage the whole Virtual environment.
- Configuring High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), Host profiles, Storageprofiles, Standard Switch and vNetwork Distributed Switch (VDS).
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure.
- Install, troubleshoot and administer Windows2008 and 2012 R2 Servers.
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Templates, worked with clones and snapshots of VirtualMachines.
- Design, Implement, Troubleshoots and Support Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Horizonbased on VMware Viewbuilt on vSphere ESXi hosts.
- Manage Desktop pools, user’s entitlement and Windows 7, windows 8 image on VMware View environment.
- Deployment of Windows 7 and Windows 8 pools for different internal and external clients.
- Deployed automated/manual linked clone and persistent desktops with floating and dedicatedassignments.
- Implemented the creation of templates for Windows 2008, Windows 2012 R2 serverstaking snapshots and implementation oflinked clone pools.
- Managed Active Directory Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCPservers, creatingGPO and applying at OU level to restrict the user access and to access resources.
- Manage user application virtualization with VMware ThinApp and Citrix XenApp.
- Identify and push patches and software packages to the persistent desktops using SCCM.
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Installing, Configuring and Managing VMware ESXi 4.5/5.0 Server and Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Installing vCenter Server, vSphere Client and Web Client for operations and management.
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks, Storage, Memory and processers for the Virtual Machines.
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines using templates and images, and building production readyVM’s
- Monitoring and managing performance of vSphere ESXi servers and Virtual Machines.
- Experience in adding NFS storage and iSCSI storage to vSphere hosts.
- Implemented Virtual Machine cold clone and hot clone procedure while cloning the VM’s.
- Implemented Virtual Machine cold migration and hot migration procedures.
- Configured Resource pools and Shares in VMware Environment for Prod, test and dev environments.
- Experience in configuring customized alarms in vCenter server for data store usage, host CPU andMemory usage.
- Implemented storage vMotionto migrate VM’s from HP EVA to EMC VMAX, VNX storage.
- Maintain and administer all virtual backups with EMC Avamar/Data Domain Backup and Recoverytechnology.
- Create and manage maintenance process procedures for Vmware version updates patches on all ESXi Hosts. Ensuring seamless failover and testing during maintenance tasks.
- Report on VM improvements, and make recommendations for the upgrades, which includes VM virtual hardware versions, and VMware Tools with less business impact.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline management and VM builds within our ESXienvironment.
- Integrated EMC storage array VNX, VMAX with vCenter server using VSI plugins, and enabled VAAI andVASA.
- Participate in strategic planning and guidance ofESXi environment, which includes various sites, and DRsolutions including SRM and VSphere replication.
- Management, monitoring and troubleshooting of physical server environment usingDellOpen Manager,Firmware and Bios updates and working with respective hardware vendors for ordering troubleshooting.
- Enabled monitoring and alerting of virtual environment with the utilization of Solarwinds VM Monitor,vCOPS and various other monitoring tools.
- Responsible for deploying Windows Server Update services (WSUS) for managing and maintaining Patches for Windows, Office and Exchange environment.
- Provide on-call support for server infrastructure or application failures resulting in the need to engage on-call IT personnel.
VMware / Linux System Admin
- Designed and configured ESXi 4.x infrastructure environment for Data Center migration.
- Performed physical to virtual (VMware/VDI) Migrations for over 180 servers using VMware ConverterStandalone.
- Managed and maintained virtual computing environment based on VMware and administeredvirtual windows and Linux operation systems.
- Create templates and deploying Virtual Machines through templates, cloning Virtual Machines andmanaging Virtual Center permissions.
- Creating and Managing VMware cluster with HA and DRS.
- Creating and managing resource pools for Virtual Machines.
- Perform Life Cycle Management for ESXi hosts. Worked on capacity planning and management ofVirtual machines in VMware environment.
- Managing and maintaining Linux running servers in same environment.
- Install / Configure VIO servers as well as configuring virtual Ethernet shared Ethernet (SEA), virtualSCSI and NPIV on IBM Power 6 and 7 systems.
- Administration of Red Hat Linux DNS, Web Server.
- Building software packages on Red Hat Linux (RPM)
- Troubleshooting issues related to NFS, SSH, NIS, DNS, FTP, VMWARE, NETBACKUP, VERITAS (VCS),ZONES, LVM, RAID, File System, Permissions, Performance Monitoring, IP Bonding, Multipathing,NAS, SAN,Storage, V-Center, Opswareetc.
- Rectifying hardware failure and coordinating with vendors like Symantec, Oracle, Dell, and HP to get them repaired.
- OS Rebuild and automate the processes.
- Installation and configuring of new vSphere 4 ESXi servers for the P2V candidates on Dell 1000 Echassis with M910 blades .
- Automating and building the Windows 2k8 servers using BMC Blade Logic Automation tools.
- Day to day administration and troubleshooting the issues related to Windows Servers.
- Administering, troubleshooting and automating vSphere ESXi using Power CLI.
- Design and Implemented and configuring of new ESX servers for the P2V candidates.
- Identified P2V candidates and prepared the infrastructure for the 1200+ P2V migrations.
- Involved in Installation, configuration and testing of Platespin Migrate and Power Recon.
- Consolidation and Capacity planning of Physical Servers using Power Recon.
- Architected scalability and sizing of servers for P2V migrations using performance traces and Plate Spin Power Recon .
- Conducted process planning, knowledge transfer, and resource management to expedite migrations andreduce P2V failure rates.
- Thorough planning was done for downtime, knowing each server usage &their placement inDatacenter.
- Experience with Datacenter relocation projects and SAN Replication migrations.
- Execution of Platespin Portability Suite jobs as documented process.
- DNS change/Re-pointing validating activities as a part of the migration
- Migration of 300+ servers from different data centers were moved to Centralized Data Center using Platespin Portability Suite.
- Migration of Windows servers from VMware ESX3.5 to VMware ESX 4.0 Farms
- Refreshed the physical servers as part of P2V with Platespin Portability Suite.
- Preparation and validation of the migration workbooks before the migration job is setup.
- Technical documentation on the diagnostics procedure and process documentation on troubleshooting,configuration .