- IT Professional with 7 years of experience in IT industry as DevOps/Cloud Engineer, Build and release management. Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Agile environment and server - side deployment in the application, middleware layers.
- Experience in providing support for technical requirements in automating the deployments on cloud environments using Jenkins, AWS, OpenStack, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto-Scaling, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Elastic Beanstalk, EMR, AWS Workspaces.
- Experience in creating Terraform modules for two tier Architecture which includes AWS resources VPC, Subnets, Security groups, EC2, Load Balancers, Auto scaling group, Cloud watch Alarms, ECS clusters, S3 buckets for logs.
- Experienced with Docker container service and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environment and dev-environment needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked on kubernetes to orchestrate Docker containers of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex run time environment.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment by automation scripts in a pipeline process.
- Experience in Monitoring server performance with tools like Nagios, Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, Dynatrace and resolved network related issues with manual commands and built Splunk Cluster environment with high availability resources.
- Experience in utilizing Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds and incorporated Jenkins & TeamCity with Maven and Ant build tools to build packages to deploy in live servers
- Familiar with writing shell scripts to push the code from Jenkins. Experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) using Jenkins
- Experience in developing the Playbooks in Ansible integrating them to the Source code repository and deploying them onto the servers to reduce the downtime.
- Experience in managing the clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks.
- Unique experience in creating and maintaining various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, orchestration, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Remedy.
- Experience with source control management software, such as Subversion SVN, Git, BitBucket.
- Install and configure servers in a physical and virtual environment.
- Automated various day-to-day administration task by developing Bash, Ruby, JSON, Perl, PowerShell, and Python Scripts.
- Expertise with software Build automation and standardization tools like Maven, ANT.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the Continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins and hands-on experience with testing frameworks Junit, Selenium, cucumber.js for setup, build and delivery pipeline.
- Hands-on experience in integrating various Version control tools like GIT/SVN, build tools (Maven, ANT), nexus and deployment methodologies (scripting) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
Ticketing tool: RT Ticket tool, Jira tool, Remedy, Service Now
Protocols and File Systems: DNS Bind, DHCP, FTP, NFS, HTTPS, SSH, SSL
Server Operating System: Red Hat/CentOS 5 and 6, Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003/08/12, MAC-OS
Virtualization and containerization: VMWARE, Docker, Kubernetes
Web Server: Apache, Nginx
Cloud: AWS, Azure, Openstack
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, Bitbucket, CVS
Automation Tool / CI CD: Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Security Tools: Static, Dynamic analysis, Sonarqube, Blackduck, Nessus
Monitoring Tool: Splunk, ELK, Nagios, SCOM 2012, Grafana, Ganglia, Solar winds
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Ruby DSL for Chef, Python, Powershell, Perl
Confidential, Arlington, VA
AWS / Devops Engineer
- Involved in managing cloud computing AWS using the AWS console and AWS CLI.
- Configured and maintained an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, NACL's, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Security Groups and EC2 instances.
- Designed and created own infrastructure in AWS cloud using Virtual Private cloud(VPC), by configuring Subnets in different areas for high availability and for security, Route Tables for internal communication between servers and Internet Gateway(IGW) to allow public traffic into own private network.
- Configure Terraform to build infrastructure in AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Build S3 buckets and managed its policies using IAM and used glacier along with S3 for storage and backup on AWS cloud environment.
- Worked on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly and proactively manage the changes.
- Hands on experience creating customized IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Designed Configured and launched AWS EC2 instances in cloud environment and setup S3 buckets and Relational Database Services (RDS) to handle data, load balancer and auto scaling, Target groups and created Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in AWS to automate the infrastructure launching.
- Setup Jenkins on top of Docker swarm cluster to build the cron jobs to avoid the downtime/failover Managed and automated the Docker containers deployments using Kubernetes.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google's kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing director structures and managing container.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployment.
- Managed Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks.
- Worked on AWS Elastic Beanstalk for fast deploying of various applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache.
- Managed and monitored servers and network infrastructure using Splunk.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using cloud watch.
Environment: AWS, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto Scaling groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Glacier, Dynamo DB, Opsworks, shell scripts, GIT, Docker, Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Python, Apache Tomcat6.x/7.x, Windows and Linux environment, VMware ESX/ESXi Server and Workstation.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3 and EBS.Experience in Performance tuning and Query optimization in AWS Redshift.
- Used Code Deploy to automate code deployments and to run updated scripts for instances on AWS cloud and on-premise instances by eliminating the need for error-prone manual operations.
- Lunching and Debugging Docker container, Installing/setup Docker host in environment, Integrating Docker and mesos, to monitor container status.
- Maintained and troubleshoot systems performance and network monitoring using tools like Nagios (installed on RedHat), and AWS services such as Cloud watch and Cloud Trail.
- Worked on Chef cookbooks and deployed code on workstations using Knife to interact with server.
- Created Docker images from scratch and customized and modified base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repo for development teams.
- Used log monitoring tool called ELK to see log information. Implemented new ELK cluster for enterprise logging.
- Developed End to End solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS using Test Kitchen, Chef Spec and used Ohai to collect attributes on node.
- Integration of ANT/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and cloud foundry.
- Branching, Merging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool GIT. Used GitHub as version control to store source code and implemented Git for branching and merging operations for Java Source Code
- Used GIT Plugins in Jenkins to automate triggering builds for latest code commit in GIT and stored the .jar, .war, ear files into Nexus and used Run Deck as an Orchestration tool to deploy those files to desired environments with the help of AWS CLI and/or Bash scripts at runtime.
Environment: Linux, Bash, Python, AWS, ELK, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Maven, Nagios, SonarQube, Dynamo DB, Cassandra, WebSphere 8.x, WebLogic 10.x/12.x, Tomcat 8.5.x, Nginx.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
DevOps AWS Engineer
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Automated deployment of software and provisioning of Linux hosts using Chef.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT and DOCKER (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Implemented the Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker Swarm and Docker Container Network.
- Responsible for Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and in Cloud Formation. Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Designed a highly available and scalable infrastructure on AWS Cloud with AWS services like EC2, VPC, VPN, Auto Scaling, ELB, RDS, Route53
- Wrote scripts in Bash/SHELL, PERL, Ruby, Python to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Uploaded installation files to the Artifactory for usage by the team
- Involved in performance monitoring and network tuning (Ulimit, kernel parameters and Sysctl variables) in Unix/Linux environments using tools.
Environment: Linux, Solaris, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell, chef, Nagios, Perl, Chef, ANT
Linux Systems Engineer
- Implemented openssh and openssl for security compliance.
- Created new slices, mounted new file systems and uncounted file systems.
- Building & configuring Red hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting of FTP Server, Samba Server of the client
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Hudson, Ant, MS Build, and Subversion.
- Creation of VMs for SUSE, Solaris x86 and Red Hat Linux on VMware ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing UNIX systems to match industry best practices, such as System start-up/shutdown, and Backup strategy and scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Worked on Agile methodology and used JIRA for issue tracking.
- Installation and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, 5 SLSE10 using Kick start including monitoring, scaling and capacity planning and hardware maintenance of Sun fire servers.
- Responsible for configuring and managing Squid server in Linux.
- Writing Shell scripts to get information about various Linux servers.
Environment: Linux/Unix, RHEL, CentOS, DNS, DHCP, SUSE, Solaris, VMware, Apache.
Linux/ Unix Administrator
- Build, configure and deploy VMs, Snapshots and templates.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, and detect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects.
- Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting to automate day to day tasks.
- Involved in troubleshooting Production Server Problems related to web applications, Send mail, disk space, File system, DNS and network connectivity.
- Security, users and groups administration.
- Keeping account of server logs and application logs during deployment or other Failures.
- Writing automation scripts using shell scripting for day to day activities.
- Performed storage management with SAN/NAS.
- Used PowerShell for scripting in Windows-based systems when needed.
- Networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.
- Monitored System Performance of Virtual memory, Managed Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization.
- Automated Linux production server’s setup using scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Provide desktop support including creating images specific to client requirements and deal with issues pertaining to hardware and applications.
- Provided timely and thorough responses for off-hours problems during on-call shifts.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Shell-Scripting, LVM, Windows, RPM, YUM, NFS, LVM, HTTP, FTP.