- 7 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on DevOps, Software Configuration and Build/Release Management.
- Familiar with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Used ECR to store docker images and had experience with all storages type on S3. Hosted static web hosting, created s3 bucket policies and managed bucket permissions.
- Created cloud formation templates that creates the stacks and deploys other AWS resources. Created VPC tunneling connections, managed route tables and NACL's in AWS VPC.
- Created read replicas of AWS - RDS-NoSQL Mongo DB in various regions and AZs using backups and snapshots and scale out AWS-RDS-NoSQL Mongo instance to additional AZs and regions based on requirements using DB snapshot.
- Hands on experience with Chef and Opswork in AWS cloud environment.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying, automating processes and application configurations.
- Expertise in using build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle and MSBuild for the building of deployable artifacts such as war and ear from source code.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Designed high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Regions.
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (Bash)
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web sphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Used both open source Jenkins as well as cloud bees Jenkins (enterprise version) and created many parameterized jobs that performs deploys lot of services on AWS cloud.
- Installed and Managed Jenkins and Nexus for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company. And familiar with automated testing methodologies.
- Experience in administering Linux and have experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, and Support.
- Experience in working with OpenShift platform for the creation of namespaces and deploying the application by running the pods.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Built a Full-Service Catalog System which has a full workflow using Elasticsearch, Logstash
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Team player with interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience. Created Storyboard & Sprints in Jira, configured Confluence for Project management
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, RHEL
Programming languages: Shell scripting, python, JSON, HTML, CSS
Source Code Management tools: Subversion, GIT
Build tools: ANT, MAVEN
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Azure
Web Servers/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss
Microservices: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
Monitoring /Logging: Nagios, Cloud Watch, App Dynamics, Sumo Logic
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL. Oracle, Mongodb, Cassandra
Project/Issue Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla.
Repository Management: Nexus, Artifactory
Networking Protocols: SMTP, TCP/IP, LAN, FTP, DNS.
- Configured aws s3 bucket on different environment and deployed using ansible
- Involved in designing and deploying and utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writing Ansible scripts.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, SonarQube, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment
- System monitoring stack technologies like Grafana, Telegraf with Influxdb.
- Containerized the Applications using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments and leveraged Docker swarm to maintain and monitor the Nodes running the Docker Applications.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Dockerfile and Images in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch.
- Created Storyboard & Sprints in Jira, configured Confluence for Project management.
- Migrating from Docker swarm to Kubernetes, setting clusters on AWS
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Confluence, Jira, Grafana, Telegraph, Influx DB, Rabbit MQ, Elastic search, SonarQube, Nexus
Sr AWS/ DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Evaluating performance of EC2 instances their CPU, Memory Usage, IOPS, Network Usages and suggest appropriate instance type for the same
- Working on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability.
- Working on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Using AWS S3 to store code bundles to deploy onto EC2 Instances.
- Deployed Angular applications on AWS EC2
- Supporting for Agile Methodology Development processes.
- Automated the deployment of lambda functions using Jenkins jobs that uses a java code and creates API using AWS application gateways.
- Working on providing DNS management using AWS Route 53.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers
- Migrating Oracle Database from servers that are on-premises data center to Amazon Web Services
- Designed and Implemented a Microservices container CI/CD solution within AWS using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes. Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, Git with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Used JIRA tool to create and update stories and for tracking project status.
- Installed multiple Sonar plugins on the server, SCM, integration, auth. and goverence plugins.
- Maintained Chef Servers and management application that can use to build and deployment of existing Java/.Net applications environment.
- Experienced in creating AMI using packer and ansible and used terraform to deploy the created ami with rolling deployments
- Manage configuration of Web application and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Ansible.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Jenkins pipeline allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been coring to this experience, along w/ Openshift, Kubernetes.
- Monitored the health check of micro services using sumo logic by creating dashboard
- Using Wave Front monitoring on kubernetes usage of resource metrics like CPU, storage, network and memory
Environment: AWS, Openshift, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Jira, Maven, Ansible, Chef, SonarQube, MSBuild, Sumo logic, Wave front, Packer and Terraform, Elasticsearch, Agile.
Sr Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Auto scaling groups, Kinesis.
- Responsible for Design and architecture of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Using BotoAPI written Lambda functions for triggering and debugging the cloud watch metrics
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment App insight.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier. Utilize Amazon Glacier for archiving data.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Integrated Selenium automation regression test suite in Jenkins build pipeline.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & gradle as build framework tools.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, automated test cases for regression test cases
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Designed and implemented by configuring Topics in new Kafka cluster in all environment.
- Amazon Kinesis Firehose is the easiest way to load streaming data into AWS. It can capture, transform, and load streaming data into Amazon Kinesis Analytics, Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge, etc.
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elastic ache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Used Chef server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Containerization of Web application using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Highly skilled in the usage of data center automation and configuration management tool such as Docker.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT environments.
- Experience in System monitoring with Nagios.
- Creating Blue/Green deployments with Terraform to manage application releases.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, GIT, Azure, Maven, MySQL, DynamoDB, Chef, Ansible, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, Terraform, Python, Test NG, Selenium, Kafka, Amazon Redshift, Kinesis, S3.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Deployed EC2 Instance, adding (EBS) block level storage volume to build the web-based applications.
- Deployed Eprequal application to Route53 - a DNS service to allow traffic-based routing with the policies Simple, Weighted, Geolocation, Failover and Latency. Used Weighted and Geolocation based routing policy to test the application.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS. This includes java scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Created continuous integration system using Bitbucket, Ant, Jenkins, Chef full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments
- Applications are built using AWS Cloud formation templates (json). Used monitoring services like Cloud Watch to monitor the CPU utilization.
- Configure JUnit run environments
- Worked with external providers Symantec and entrust to build webserver certificate.
- Used Simple storage services (s3) for snapshot and Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Apps
Environment: AWS, Ant, Jenkins, Chef, Bitbucket, JUnit.
- Working on various AWS services like S3, EC2, ECS, Cloud trail, VPC, RDS, Route 53, SNS, Lambda.
- Using BotoAPI written Lambda functions for triggering and debugging the cloud watch metrics
- Hand-On experience in Implement, Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production)
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management)
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Build micro services using spring boot for the delivery of software products across the enterprise.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting
- Create RFP (Request for Proposal) micro services to provide RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Spring boot, JBoss, Git, SonarQube, Chef, Ansible
- Installed, updated, and configured the necessary packages using the RPM and YUM software/package management.
- Experience in monitoring and debug performance issues on different OS Linux (RHEL & Centos).
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools and Integrated tools as a part of Continuous Integration process and deployed local Registry server.
- Remote Secure shell access (SSH), remote file transferring using SCP, RSYNC.
- Provisioning of AWS resources like EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, S3 buckets, creation of subnets and all other operational tasks using Ansible.
- Experienced in creating Playbooks and scripts for Provisioning virtual and Physical hosts, Configuration Management, Patching and software deployment via Ansible
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM.
- Utilized Cloud watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon to design high availability applications on AWS across availability zones.
- Utilized Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and assign public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, MSBuild, Java, Ansible, Nexus, Agile.