- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in the areas of Migration, Configuration, Release Engineer, Software Configuration manager, CI/CD, Build & Release with diversified exposure in Software Process Engineering.
- AWS Certified Developer with effective professional experience of 7+ years in IT industry as a Linux Administrator, Build and Release Engineer, DevOps and Cloud Engineer with major focus on Cloud Platforms, Infrastructure Automation, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Splendid expertise on AWS Cloud - Specific services which include EC2, VPC, IAM, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Autoscaling, S3, Cloud Front, Glacier, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Route53, Ops Works, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, RedShift, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, SES.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure services such as Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Blob storage, Data Factory, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, deploying Web Apps, monitoring by Application Insights and creating Web-Jobs.
- Hands on experience in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Managed and Configured environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and OpenStack for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experienced in both Cloud Formation and framework and to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (Boto3 and AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Python and Shell. Expertise in Shell, Bash, Python, Ruby and Perl Scripting languages.
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, thus providing high reliability and efficient usage and Auto Scaling which allows for automated Scalability and Disaster Recovery.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, to setup IAM policies for users, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications, database templates and Security groups.
- Used Open shift for container orchestration with Kubernetes, container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi tenancy to automate deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications.
- Used Chef Automate to build, manage and deploy applications, configured Chef Server and have done unit testing on Chef environment using In-Spec as well as test kitchen.
- Expertise in using Chef with knife commands to manage nodes, Cookbooks, Chef recipes , Chef attributes , Chef Templates, run-lists, environments.
- Vigorously worked on Ansible playbooks, inventories, created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower.
- Experienced working on several Docker components like Docker images, containers, Docker-Hub, Docker Registry as well as familiar with advanced technologies like Docker Compose, Docker Swarm and Docker Weave.
- Experience in Vagrant and Docker based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and managed the clusters using Kubernetes. Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker Container Orchestration.
- Knowledge on various Puppet components like manifests, modules, resource, mCollective Factor, Catalogs and rewrote many Puppet modules to modern code-quality standards.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation using Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo along with Shell(Unix) and Python Scripts to automate routine Jobs.
- Experience in branching, merging, tagging, develop, manage Pre-commit, Post-commit hook scripts; maintaining the version across the environments and provide support for parallel development using SCM tools like GIT (GitHub and GitLab), Subversion(SVN), Bitbucket.
- Designed Splunk Architecture, Queries and created Applications on Splunk to analyze Data.
- Created internal diagnostic tools using Golang and AngularJS to assist with customer issues. Golang and Java were used as a backend REST service while AngularJS was used for the user interface
- Set up and managed ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze logfiles across servers, log monitoring and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS Cloud watch and Lambda.
- Worked on creating the modules driven AWS Infrastructure with Terraform . Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Extensively experienced in using build automation tools like Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Experience in installing and configuring the application and web servers like Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Web Logic and deployed several applications on these servers and extensive experience on bug tracking tool like Jira.
- Experience in Issue Tracking tools JIRA, Remedy, Service Now. Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Familiar with Atlassian tool stack such as Bamboo, Bitbucket, confluence and Hipchat.
- Experienced in developing Keyword-Driven & Hybrid Framework using Gradle .
- Experienced in performing installation and configuration of Nginx and Apache servers and their web development.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and management of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL. Excellent knowledge in working with NOSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
- Handful of experience with web servers and clients in different programming language such as C++, JAVA.
- Familiar with Unit Testing (Jasmine, Karma), Integration Testing and Automation testing ( SELENIUM ), and experience with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Accessibility Testing.
- Expertise in Architecting , installing, configuring, maintaining, designing, development, implementation and support on Linux RedHat EL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Debian, CentOS 4.x,5.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris 8,9,10 and VMware V-Sphere ESX/ESXi environment. Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing
- Administered various flavors of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Ubuntu, Fedora) and worked on Logical Volume Manager(LVM), Veritas Volume Manager, Kickstart, Bonding, LAMP and LDAP.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Windows servers, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Solaris 11/10/9/8.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack, PCF and Google Cloud.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 2.0.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Red Hat, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Virtualization: VMware Client, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Datacentre Virtualization, Virtual Box, KVM, Power VM
Volume Manager: Logical Volume Manager, VERITAS Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
Version Control Tool: Git, SVN, Bitbucket, CVS.
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase.
Scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bourne, Korn and Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, YAML format, JSON format.
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, App dynamic, Cacti
Networking Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, Remedy
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, Jenkins, XL release and XL deploy
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef and Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Involved in migrating On-Premise environment to cloud architectures as well as developing technical road-maps for future cloud implementations, migrated various DBs to Amazon Aurora by generating SCT assessment report in conjunction with (DMS) Data Migration Service for zero downtime to load data into new schema.
- Configured AWS IAM polices for users, utilizing Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) service and API Keys for login authentication and protects the data at rest using (KMS) Key Management Service and data at transit using (TLS) Transport Layer Security protocol.
- Configured applications that runs multi-container Docker applications by utilizing Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 Cloud using Chef.
- Implemented and maintained Chef, Ops Works Configuration management extending several environments in VMware, AWS cloud and created Cookbooks for Chef using the Ruby programming language..
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks, roles and modules. Designed Rapid Application Deployment(RAD) methods using Ansible to automatically deploy servers as needed and done custom development by taking playbooks from Ansible Galaxy.
- Worked on Kubernetes for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Integrated Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker Registry and then deployed to Kubernetes. Integrated Selenium automation regression test suite in Jenkins build pipeline.
- Managed a cluster of Docker nodes as a single virtual system using Clustering and Scheduling Tool, Docker-Swarm and created virtual network that connects Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker Weave.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy docker containers in AWS ECS using services like Cloud Formation, Code Commit, Code Build, Code Deploy.
- Implemented a continuous Delivery Pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and Whenever a new GitHub branches are created Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker and Red Hat.
- Implemented Blue/Green Deployments with zero downtime where the current environment is replicated to latest version with Kubernetes to resolve the bug fixes and redirect the traffic to it once the issues are resolved.
- Developed microservices in Open Shift using pods, services, route and scaled up pods with Kubernetes Replication Controller as well as recovers a lost one with new pod with Open Shift.
- Created Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templates and writing playbook for that particular role. Experienced in Kubernetes deployment YAML files of microservices, replication controllers, Helm charts, Scheduler, clusters.
- Automated builds using Maven and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins. Built Jenkins pipe line to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Setup Continuous Delivery(CD) pipeline using Ansible playbooks which consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, Ant.
- Managed central repositories, implemented Atlassian Stash (Bitbucket) along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews; login audits for Security Compliance.
- Used Terraform as infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks pushed them onto Chef for configuring EC2 Instances and Solved Gateway time issue on ELB and moved all the logs to S3 Bucket by using Terraform.
- Backed up and restored configurations and data of various tools (SVN, Jenkins), databases (Oracle and PostgreSQL) and servers (Windows and Linux) as required and good command on GO language.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines and worked on bug tracking tools like Jira and automated testing of web applications using Selenium.
- Responsible for building components to connect to other micro-services using Kafka , Elastic search, REST.
- Created the ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) for Log managing within EC2 for Elasticsearch with Rest API's and setup Log Analysis, AWS Logs using ELK and manage searches, dashboards, custom mapping and automation of data.
- Installed and configured a LAMP server on CentOS (Red Hat) as well as configured firewall rules utilizing iptables to harden the environment.
- Configured Linux systems by installing the Operating Systems in various systems by using Kickstart process, automated daily cron jobs and have good command in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Shell.
Environment: AWS, Open Shift, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Log Stash & Kibana (ELK), Eclipse, Linux, Unix, Windows, Git, Go, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Perl, Nagios, Apache, Tomcat, Jira.
Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Design, Plan and create Azure virtual machines, Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
- Hands on experience in using tools like Docker Compose, Kubernetes for orchestrating, linking and deploying the services related to the containers.
- Worked with Identity Access Management of Azure Subscriptions, Azure AD, Azure AD Application Proxy, Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Pass through Authentication. Troubleshooted as well as debug build, network and deployment issues.
- Implementing and managing global intranet project using Scrum (Agile framework), Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Hybrid Active Directory, CSOM, PowerShell and SharePoint Infrastructure Management tools.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created and managed Docker images from Docker Hub and handled multiple images for middleware installations and domain configurations. Created Ansible playbook files for windows server builds, configuration, and application installation.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing Azure (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HD Insight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize the end product configuration.
- Developed the chef recipes, cookbooks using Ruby syntax and uploaded them to the master chef server using chef client tool like chef-repo.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Ansible. Written Ansible Playbooks to configure, install software and other packages on to the application.
- Maintain Chef servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Experienced in Azure Storage Planning - Used Blob Storage for document and media files, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging, workflow processing and file storage to share file data.
- Installed SonarQube plugin in Jenkins and integrated with project maven script. Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build .xmls and Pom.xmls.
- Performed Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum. Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Set-up a continuous build process in Visual Studio Team Services to automatically build on new check-in of code then deploy that new build to the Azure Web application.
- POC's with the Confluent Schema Registry , Rest Proxy, Kafka Connectors for Cassandra and HDFS
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and the implementation of micro services in PCF.
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Private Cloud Foundry(PCF) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments.
- Involved in Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in Windows Azure and setting up communication with the help of endpoints.
- Selecting the appropriate Azure service based on compute, data, or security requirements and leveraging Azure SDKs to interact with Azure services from your application.
- Experience on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Implemented and maintained the branching, tagging & build/release strategies using SCM tool like GIT, and maintained build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux & Windows platform.
- Automated Installation and configuration of Apache, Tomcat servers using Python and supported implementations of Kafka and RabbitMQ message servers running Linux and Windows server.
- Deployed the initial Azure components like Networks, Gateway, Storage and Affinity groups.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python. Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Understanding & usage of Atlassian tools (i.e. Bamboo, JIRA, Nexus). Working with JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes released to all environments.
Environment: Azure, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Maven, Ant, Puppet, J2EE, .Net, Kubernetes, Eclipse, WebLogic, WebSphere, CVS, Subversion, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Windows, Linux, Nagios.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
DevOps Automation Engineer
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Managed servers on AWS cloud platform using Puppet, Ansible as configuration management tools.
- Configured Chef at Linux machines and schedule jobs to read every 30 minutes.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with puppet and AWS Ops Works stacks across product platforms.
- Created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, MongoDB table and to integrate AWS web Application Firewall with ELB and Cloud Front.
- Managed central repositories. Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products & login audits for Security Compliance.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell, modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Support the applications on Java, build and deploy Java/J2EE applications using ANT and trouble shoot the issues.
- Implemented a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Bamboo, Maven &Nexus in Linux environment and Integration of Maven, Nexus, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Created Repos in the JFrog Artifactory for storing the generated Maven and npm artifacts from Jenkins.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Responsible for Upgrading, administering, plugin management, User Management and Job creation in Bamboo.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining puppet server from puppet DB to manage and configure node.
- Using Arc Sight Investigate for Splunk Security Logs and Created Multiple Dashboards at a Time.
- Standardized Splunk forwarder deployment, maintained and configured across Windows platforms and UNIX.
- Configured Bamboo as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging to Linux environments.
- Implemented Kickstart/PXE Boot Servers that Rsync between multiple locations.
- Provided L2/L3 Linux AHT Support (Above Hypervisor Support) to more than 500+ Customer Servers running RHEL 5, 6, 7.2.
- Performed FVT in conjunction with TSM/HSM, NFS, SSL, SSH, Samba to thoroughly test GPFS security and other functions on Linux and AIX.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Puppet, Zabbix, Nexus, ANT, MAVEN, Splunk, Confluence, Bit Bucket, GIT, JIRA, Python, SSH, JBoss, JAVA/J2EE, Mongo DB, My SQL, Apache, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, LAMP stack, Kickstart.
Build and Release Engineer
- Setting up the automation environment for Application team if necessary and help them through the process of build and release automation and automated deployments across all environments using Udeploy and Jenkins.
- Proposed and implemented several release processes to achieve consistent results and stabilities across environments.
- Designing a process for pro-automation using Jenkins in all the application environments and making sure it follows all the standard procedures of the Application SDLC.
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo and used the continuous integration tool Bamboo to automate the daily processes.
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Web sphere, creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
- Configured Puppet to perform automated deployments. Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Puppet.
- Drove releases, automated release process. Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Java.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Analyzing the tools and application architecture and implement it on different environments, making it more user-friendly for the application team.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects. Worked with QA to facilitate verification of releases and was involved in running multiple builds at a time.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Ant, MAVEN, Clear, Linux, Perl Scripting, Python, Puppet, Jenkins, Subversion, Bamboo, Agile, Shell scripting, JBOSS, Nexus, Windows, UNIX, WebLogic, JIRA.
Linux/ Unix System Administrator
- Responsible for installation, configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x at other data center over the network.
- Experienced in system builds, server builds, install, upgrades, backup, performance monitoring, reliability of various flavors of Linux like Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat Linux, Debian, Fedora and SUSE, UNIX (Solaris, IBMAIX) along with Windows.
- Monitoring of network services (SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, ICMP, SNMP, FTP, SSH) and host resources (processor load, disk usage, system logs) on a majority of network operating systems like UNIX, Linux and Windows using Nagios.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and Active Directory and fixed NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols in Linux clusters using TOP, vmstat and IOstat commands as well as maintained application backups.
- Installed, configured and administrated VMware ESXi and migrated existing Linux servers into VMware infrastructure.
- Using Shell Scripting and CRON, automated day-to-day tasks to check disk usage, system maintenance and cleanup of file system.
- Package and patch management on Sun-Solaris Servers by using The Solaris Patch Manager Tool and Sun Patch Check to obtain a listing of available patches.
- Managed RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) in Linux that stores data in multiple copies for high availability and fault tolerance and disk management using Veritas and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Unix and Linux.
- Used LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack in building some of the applications in Linux especially RedHat.
- Assigned Jira to track the activities of tasks done by the developers and Confluence for documentation purpose.
- Experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
Environment: Linux, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, SUSE, VMWare, Solaris, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Unix, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, LDAP, Windows, RAID, LAMP, SSH, telnet, Python, PHP, Shell, Nagios, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, Jira, Confluence, Vagrant