- Professional DevOps Engineer with 8+ years of experience with major focus on Build & Release Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automation, Cloud Management and Linux/Unix administration.
- Extensive working experience in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS services stack including Elastic Cloud Compute EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Bean Stalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, Key Management Service (KMS), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Load balancing, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, SNS, SQS focusing on high availability, fault - tolerance and auto scaling.
- Played a significant role as a part of an engineering team designated to design a new platform to host applications on AWS and set up VPN tunnels from corporate network to VPCs, designed the Subnets, Routing and IAM policies in AWS.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Worked with AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, Nginx and IIS.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table, S3 buckets, HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Worked on PowerShell/Bash scripts to gather resources metrics from AWS EC2 Instances, and configured Alerts and Dashboards using AWS Cloud Watch Monitoring.
- Experience in Azure Network Security Groups, Azure Operational Insight and OMS, Azure Premium Storage, Site Recovery, Network Virtual Appliance, Client-Side encryption for Azure storage objects.
- Expertise in Azure Development worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure AD, Azure search, Azure DNS, Azure VPN Gateway and Notification hub.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Planning and implementation of data and storage management solutions in Azure (SQL, Azure files, Queue storage, Blob storage).
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Perform the QA, PERF and UAT Builds and deploy the binaries on respective environment Servers.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Expertise in Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for Continuous Delivery (CD) and troubleshooting the build issues during the build process.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Experience in deploying JBOSS, Apache Tomcat Web Server, IIS Server, Oracle WebLogic, and IBM WebSphere.
- Complete ownership of Build of entire product. Ability to debug , fix build issues across numerous Unix and Windows platform.
- Experienced in performing installation and configuration of Nginx + Apache servers and their web development and deployments by using PHP, .NET, and JAVA.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience in Installing Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and Automated by Testing Chef Recipes/Cookbooks with Test-kitchen.
- Created and updated Chef recipes and cookbooks, profiles and roles using Ruby and JSON scripting and also have migrated all nodes from ansible configuration system to chef system.
- Expertise in Installation and configuration of Puppet which includes Puppet Master, Agent Nodes and an administration control workstation like Puppet Console.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks created custom playbooks written in YAML, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower to manage web applications, Environments configuration files, Users, Mountpoints and Packages.
- Knowledge on Vagrant, Docker & Kubernetes based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of env’s delivery for releases
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes. And worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open source platform.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, compose, Docker registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Expertise in scripting languages like Python , Ruby , Perl , Shell , Bash , familiar with the Storage, Networking Concepts, and PowerShell commands, experience in Created automated PowerShell scripts for web app deployment in azure.
- Experience in Configuring and administration of Monitoring tools like Nagios , Splunk and Zabbix etc.
- Extensive experience in build and deployment of large-scale source code which includes C++, Java/J2EE, web applications by invoking build, deployment plugins in automation tool.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, and IBM Clear Quest, Mingle, Bugzilla.
- Good knowledge of working under various protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, POP, FTP, UDP, TCP/IP and SMTP.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL-Server by using SQL for data integrity, experience in Writing Transact SQL (T-SQL) Queries, In depth knowledge of NAS, familiar with Microsoft BI tools such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- In depth knowledge on working of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Methodologies, exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC).
Operating system: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, Ubuntu 12/13/14, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x) Windows NT /2000/2003, Mac OSx
Version control Tools: GIT, Subversion SVN, TFS, CVS, Bitbucket.
Build tools: Ant, Maven, GRADLE
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo.
Cloud computing: AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, ANSIBLE
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby and Python.
Languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, PHP, C#, Ruby
Application servers: IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx and JBOSS
Monitoring Tools: Sonar, Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, CloudWatch, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), JIRA
Databases: MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra, SQL Server, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB, AWS RDS, DynamoDB
Bug reporting Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Bugzilla
Testing Tools: Cucumber, Junit, Sauce labs
Containers: Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes
Web technologies: HTML, HTML5, CSS, XML, SOAP
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Sr. Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked extensively on AWS broad range of services such as provisioning EC2, AMI, VPC, ELB, Auto-Scaling, Security Groups, IAM, EBS, AMI, S3, SNS, SQS, Route53, ELB, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Cloud front, Cloud trial, RDS, EMR, Red shift, AWS Ops Work.
- Worked on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using AWS CloudWatch and Nagios. Migrated applications from VM ware to AWS using snowball and VM import/export.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers. Managed and analyzed the petabyte-scalable data using AWS Redshift cluster.
- Architected and configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups and Route Tables.
- Created pipelines in AWS by using AWS service Code pipeline for automation from development to deployment process and used ELB, security groups, Network Access control lists (NACL), NAT Instance and Route 53.
- Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups and implemented MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through PowerShell Script and Azure Portal. Developed disaster recovery environment using PowerShell from the scratch.
- Creating Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines. Backup Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup.
- Experience in using Azure Media and Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid integration, Azure Identity and Access Management, Azure Data Factory and Storage, Azure compute services and Azure Web apps.
- Worked in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365).
- Developed Azure ARM Templates for different teams to deploy the .Net based application on to Web roles, triggered ARM Templates from the VSTS to build the .Net based applications
- Automated the Builds for Continuous Integration by Creating Cake scripts that would simply do a Clean, Restore, Build, Publish, Package and execute Unit tests, Scenario tests for the .Net Core projects in VSTS.
- Writing Ansible playbooks from scratch using YAML and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Worked with Terraform templates for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure YAML, Hashi Corp configuration language.
- Administration build and maintenance of the available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure by using the configuration tool Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and ran Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Managed both enterprise as well as on premise chef server and installed chef client using bootstrap script and created run list using Terraform module for chef provisioning.
- Implemented Jenkins and built pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments using Terraform and maintained Docker as Elastic Container service (ECS).
- Written various Docker-Compose files in YAML to run multi-containers applications. Worked on Docker Version Manager to switch between Docker Clients.
- Used Jenkins pipeline to provide API access to a private repo and deploy the artifact to EC2 instance. Integrated matrix Authorization Strategy plugin with Jenkins to specific permissions to Jenkins jobs.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Configured POM.xml file to manage Maven plugins such as Maven build plugins and Maven Reporting plugins and resolve Maven dependencies required for the project.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
- Performed code line GIT pushes (releases) to production, customer servers & Developed, improved GIT push scripts.
- Implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications in the production environment and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Chef to deploy and manage Java & .Net applications across Linux/Windows servers.
- Wrote python scripts to parse XML and JSON documents and load data to the database.
- Installed and managed RPM and YUM package every quarter regularly to meet audit requirements, patch and other server management. Installed and configured KVM hypervisor, build servers using Kickstart and Jumpstart.
- Worked with application/database team to resolve issues for performance Tuning and Management of Linux servers.
Environment:: RedHat Linux, AWS, AZURE, VSTS, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes, Maven, Java, .NET, Ruby, Python, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, Git, Nagios.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Setup and build AWS cloud infrastructure resources like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS, AWS Import/Export.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch. Then store that logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- Installed, configured and setting up databases in AWS using RDS, Storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 buckets.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked on Migration from AWS Cloud to Azure, to build entire Azure infrastructure by designing terraform templates, modules.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Used OpenStack and provided framework and plugins for additional network services, such as Load Balancing-as-a-Service (LBaaS), Firewalls-as-a-Service (FWaaS) and Virtual Private Networks-as-a-Service (VPNaaS) to be deployed and managed.
- Involved in the functional usage, deployment of (Java, .NET) applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers. Working with Python ORM Libraries including Django ORM to create Web applications.
- Manage users and groups in Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues and also involved in Troubleshooting Linux Systems identifying Hardware, software (both OS and Application level) and networking issues
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-production environments consisting of Cassandra database installations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Used Chef to automate workflow and ensure all changes are tested and approved with the same rigor and speed and to ensure changes are only deployed once properly approved.
- Worked on Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical (java, .net) applications and proactively manage changes.
- Written Ansible handlers with multiple tasks to trigger multiple handlers and to decouple handlers from their names, making it easier to share handlers among Playbooks and Roles.
- Managed Docker networking subsystem by using User-defined bridge networks, Host networks, Overlay networks, Mac vlan networks and third-party network plugins.
- Mentored developers in Kubernetes design and custom application implementation and created a mesh pod network between Kubernetes clusters.
- Created Azure automated assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell run books that will automate specific tasks. Expertise in deploying Azure AD connect, configuring ADFS installation using Azure AD connect.
- Hands on Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQLAzure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Deployed Cloud services (PaaS role instances) and Azure IaaS Virtual machines (VMs) into secure subnets and VNets and designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network Interfaces (NICs), subnets and VMs.
- Created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the .net applications using the VSTS.
- Handled migration of on-premises applications to cloud and created resources in cloud to enable this and expert in deploying of OpenStack on Azure platform and handling issues related to RDP of Azure Infrastructure.
- Created several pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines by integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Handled continuous integration with Jenkins by using various plugins like Global Build Stats, Multiple SCMs, Parameterized Trigger and Configuration Slicing to increase the productivity.
- Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Builds with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) by installing Jenkins Plugins for GIT Repository.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections)
- Implemented Chef recipes for automated Orchestration of Cassandra clusters and worked on upgrading Cassandra from old 2.x to 3.0 version.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers and integration of Application with monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
Environment: Azure (Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Resource Groups, Office365, RBAC), OpenStack, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Cassandra, Java, .NET, Python, Jira, Dynatrace.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Involved in gathering the client requirements, creating the client servers ( Ubuntu, RHEL, windows ) hosted in cloud, configuring, and maintaining the launched instances with respect to specific applications, solving the issues raised with the instances.
- Maintained the servers hosted which are load balanced by Nginx for several servers and backed up by MY SQL database servers, my day to day responsibilities include working on the JIRA tickets, configuring the instances etc.
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM ) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Configure and launch AWS EC2 instances as per requirement, Select and setup AWS in most cost-effective way, Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Good experience on Networking in AWS, VPC, and Datacenter to Cloud Connectivity, Security Groups, Route Tables and ACL’s in AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Involved in implementing deployments into AWS EC2 with the help of Terraform .
- Involved in working with Amazon ECS for deploying the applications by grouping all the container instances, where Docker is used as a containerization tool for this.
- Involved in deploying the micro services of the modules for a web application With AWS ECS, created IAM polices for these ECS cluster section
- Implemented, maintained the monitoring, alerting of production, corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Maintaining Multi zone data backup on Amazon EC2 S3 Locally maintaining data archives using daily/weekly/monthly log rotate scheme, involved in deploying various Java/J2EE applications into AWS Beanstalk.
- Installed & maintained XEN & VMware servers with multiple VM's, running a Multi VLAN Physical & VM environment.
- Support & Review of new projects/initiatives readiness and on-boarding to production.
- Managed Ubuntu, RHEL(Linux) and Windows virtual servers on AWSEC2 using Ansible, involved in writing an Ansible playbook from scratch to upgrade these servers one at a time in serial to reduce the downtime of running sites.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of OpenStack Nodes and test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Successfully tested on Staging and Development environments to make the playbooks efficient and reliable with lowering the cost of downtime and making sure to up and running all the sites with latest upgradations of packages.
- Working on GIT Hub to store the code and integrate it to ANSIBLE to deploy the playbooks and managing Rackspace servers and Docker containers with OS/Applications/Services/Packages and keep them in a loop.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS cloud configuration.
- Deploying with Docker from our workstation to AWS EC2 which includes build occurs during deployments, with deployment scripts and update scripts and for all applications at the same time.
- Used Jira as a bug tracking tool for notifications, workflows, custom fields, and permissions.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Also, deploying using Docker -compose to deliberately test on these containers to push the configuration changes to production servers without conflicts on databases.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization and maintaining Docker Images and containers.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Worked with Installation and Configuration of networks, router/switches configuration and wireless access point/router with security, TCP/IP, VPN, SSH, Content Filtering, Access Control Lists on router/switches.
- Setting up and maintaining DNS Primary, Secondary, Cache-only servers, DHCP servers and DNS clients
- Well versed with setting up tools like Splunk to ensure proper monitoring & alerting is in place for every sprint release.
Environment: AWS, EC2, EBS, ELB, AMI, VPC, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Cloud Formation CFT, auto scaling, VMware, S3, Route53, SNS, Ubuntu, RHEL, Windows, GIT, Docker, ANSIBLE, Python, Bash, Splunk, Jira, GIT hub, Jenkins, JAVA/J2EE applications.
- Configured and maintained user accounts for development, QA, and production teams and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role base polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Installed and Configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for Chef.
- Involved in troubleshooting the build errors for various .net, C# applications
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications. Worked with multiple development teams to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Automated the code review process through SonarQube and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- Integrated Jenkins parameterized trigger plugin to pass parameters between jobs during downstream or upstream Jenkins project.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber.
- Analyzed frequently occurring system breaks and automated fixes with repetitive tasks using Bash and Python/UNIX scripts used to send notifications after each deployment.
- Prepared document on process of migrating Jenkins jobs from development environment to production server.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and Gradle as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed and configured a private Docker Registry, authored various Docker files to run apps in containers.
- Configured Nginx for proxy RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Involved in deploying using Docker-compose to deliberately test on these containers to push the configuration changes to production servers without conflicts on databases.
- Wrote shell scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nginx, Web sphere.
- Set up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Web servers and application servers.
- Built and deployed J2EE application in JBoss in an agile continuous integration environment using Python scripts.
- Experience with Agile to develop and work with the client to calibrate releases for test deployment.
- Ensured correct installation, the configuration of Active Directory systems, includes policy implementation, DHCP and DNS.
- Configured and Build Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project.
Environment:: GIT, SVN, AWS, Nginx, web sphere, Apache Tomcat, Bash, Shell, Ansible, Junit, Cucumber, Perl, Ruby, Python, Jenkins, Terraform, Mongo DB, TFS, VM Ware, Nagios, Splunk, Kickstart, ANT, Maven, Java, Docker.
Build/ Release Engineer
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures, enforced automation in build and deployment procedures, Created repositories in SVN as per the requirement.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Involved in migrating the build scripts from ANT to Maven, writing the pom.xml from the scratch with the help of ant build scripts.
- Used Bamboo for continuous integration and used Puppet modules for continuous deployment. Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on JAVA/J2EE projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and integrated with Bamboo for the builds as the continuous integration process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT, MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements, maintaining pom.xml scripts for the build automation using CI.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell/Bash scripts for build and release tasks.
- Involved in the build automation therefore creating a (JAR, WAR, EAR) packages and deploying into webservers.
- Actively working with team members in reviewing the code for compatibility issues.
- Configured and administrated Apache, JBOSS servers for Production, QA, and development environments.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Integrated JIRA with subversion and configured with Jenkins to automate the entire Build and release process.
Environment: SVN, Tortoise SVN, ANT, Nexus, Bamboo, Linux, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Jira, PHP, Python, Ruby, shell, Perl scripting, JAVA.
- Requirement gathering, Design Analysis and Code development
- Implemented Struts framework based on the Model View Controller design paradigm.
- Implemented the MVC architecture using Struts MVC.
- Designed the application by implementing Struts based on MVC Architecture, used simple Java Beans as a Model, JSP-UI Components as View and Action Servlet as a Controller.
- Used JDBC for data access from Oracle tables.
- Implemented EJB's Container Managed Persistent strategy.
- Worked on triggers and stored procedures on Oracle database.
- Used CVS as source control. Apache ANT was used for the entire build process.
- JUnit was used to implement test cases for beans.
- Worked on Eclipse IDE to write the code and integrate the application.
- Extensively worked on Java server-side programming using Servlets, and JSP. CSS is used to style Web pages, XHTML and XML markup.
- Implemented servlets to handle HTTP requests for on-line requests, credit card payments, registration and bug tracking.
- Using XML for dynamic display of options in select box and description on web page.
- Designed complex application database SQL statements for querying, updating and reporting using JDBC.
- Application was deployed on WebSphere Application Server.
- Coordinated with testing team for timely release of product.