- A Dedicated and AWS certified with 7 years of experience in the Field of IT, focused on Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment of Distributed, scalable intranet/internet applications Cloud, Build and Release Management, Configuration Management, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Linux Administration.
- Expert in configuring and maintaining Amazon Web Services which include services like Amazon EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, S3, Route53, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Elastic Cache, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front and Lambda EMR, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX (Red Hat Linux) Systems.
- Implemented Microsoft Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on storages like Blob, SQl Azure, Data Lakes, Cosmos DB, ACS, ACI and Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Strong Experience on Administration and Troubleshooting of Azure IAAS Components (VM, Storage, VNET, OMS, NSG, Site to Site VPN, RBAC, Load Balancers, Availability Sets).
- Excellent knowledge in Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Media & Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Good understanding of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Architecture (Diego Architecture), PCF components and their functionalities. Used Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI for deploying applications and other Cloud Foundry (CF) management activities.
- Experience in creating and designing the Terraform templates to create custom VPC, RDS, S3, Beanstalk, ECS, Lambda, SQS etc. for deployment of Web application and database templates.
- Experience in Working with Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications and Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Experience with creating Chef Knife, Recipes and Cookbooks configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing Infrastructure.
- Have experience on improving java application performance by using different JVM options
- Expert in using ELK Stack, Elasticsearch for deep search and data analytics, Log stash for centralized logging, log enrichment and parsing and Kibana for powerful and beautiful data visualizations.
- Worked with Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Leveraging kops implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution within AWS allowing for easy management, creation and recovery of assets
- Experience in Docker Container, Docker Swarm for creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Good Hands-on experience in continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps (VSTS)bamboo and Hudson for automating the build processes. Implement CI and CD processes using AWS Code Commit, Code Build, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experienced in building scripts, deployment and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Bash, shell, Python, Ruby.
- Experience in Monitoring server performance with tools like Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog, New Relic and resolved network related issues with manual commands and built Splunk Cluster environment with High Availability resources.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, DCOS, OpenShift
Virtualization Platforms: Virtual Box, Vagrant, VMware
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI and Build Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, ANT, Maven, Spinnaker
Application/Web Servers: Oracle WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g BEA WebLogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS
Scripting & Programming Languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Python, HTML, PHP, Java/J2EE, .Net, Groovy, JSON, PowerShell
Big data: Hadoop, EMR, Hive, Pig, Scoop, Kafka, Zookeeper.
Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, PCF, Open stack
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Gray log
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, Mongo DB, MySQL, SQL, NOSQL, RDS Aurora, Dynamo DB
Version Controls: Subversion, Git, GitHub, Bit Bucket, TFS
Networking: LDAP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SSH, TCP/IP, NFS
Issue Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, Clear Quest, Service Now
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr. DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Configured Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Created and managed Azure AD tenants and configured application integration with Azure AD.
- Provisioned Azure recourses like SQL Database, Web App, Storage Account, Virtual Machine, IoT Hub, and HDInsight using Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Created JSON based Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, used them for deployments and managed Azure Virtual Networks (VNETs), Storage Containers; Cosmos DBs; Monitored logs using KUDU
- Identifying opportunities to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes the Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintaining cross functional Different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AZURE.
- Experience building and maintaining release definitions and build agents with Azure DevOps (VSTS) and CI/CD pipelines
- Used PowerShell for custom task automation and ensured internal and customer-facing production VM’s and distrusted services
- Supported development teams in technical aspects and configuration of CI/CD.
- Managed full release process from repository to public facing application’s and used Terraform for creating respective environments as it is more generic and reusable to use
- Creating Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templets and writing playbook for that role, writing Ansible scripts and used Ansible for configure Tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks
- Used Terraform as infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation. Managed Azure’s infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Involved in using Terraform and Ansible, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services and managing Ubuntu and RHEL virtual servers on EC2 instance by creating Ansible Nodes.
- Design, build and manage the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) cluster for centralized logging and search functionalities for the App.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container removing, image managing, directory structures.
- Worked on Docker-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for Testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Executed Kubernetes locally with MiniKube, Created local clusters and deployable application containers.
- Lead and provide technical assistance and/or training in using Jira and Confluence and other tools as identified. Worked with Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure in DR on cloud using Azure Recovery Vault and Azure backups. Working knowledge on Azure Fabric & Docker containers in Azure. Created Domain Controller in one of the Virtual Machine and added users to Domain Controller.
- Experience in automating day-to-day activities by using Windows PowerShell for Creating VM's, Virtual Networking, VPN, Key Vault, Load balancer and Disk Encryption.
Confidential, Newark, CA
DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Created AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom-sized VPC, Subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like CloudFront, CloudWatch, Ops Works, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, CloudTrail, IAM
- Managed data warehouse using Amazon RedShift to analyze all data using standard SQL and existing business intelligence tools
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS (key management service) to monitor, create alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and configure AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform.
- Wrote many Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python
- Setup Jenkins master slave architecture to use Jenkins as pipe line as service.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process. Installed many custom plugins along with ANT and MAVEN plugins. Also Used Artifactory Repository managers for Maven Builds.
- Performed many pipeline jobs using Jenkins files and automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- Implementation of JIRA to track all issues pertaining to the software development lifecycle and Integration of JIRA with repositories such as Subversion and Git to track all code changes.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack, Elastic Search.
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments
- Familiarity creating professional-quality automation scripts using a modern scripting language such as Ruby, YAML, Python, or PowerShell
- Utilized AWS CLI (Command Line Interface) to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec and used to collect attributes on node.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, Stash, GitHub & Subversion.
- Worked on Windows PowerShell, Shell, python, Ruby for purposes of task automation and configuration management.
- Worked with Relational (PL/SQL, Oracle), Non-relational databases (Mongo), and document-oriented databases (MongoDB) and Oracle RAC.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Migrating the on-premise data center applications to AWS Amazon Cloud Service, Infrastructure Design and Architecture.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups. Launched Various AWS EC2 instances with different instance types on various Subnets and S3 buckets CLI tools.
- Experience on Migration of on-premise data to AWS RDS - MS SQL server and database.
- Experience in configuring the CloudWatch service for monitoring various AWS services.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in AWS S3.
- Setting up of AWS Lambda to run Node.js (java script) codes with response to the events created from Amazon S3 bucket resource.
- Adding bucket notification configuration that identifies the event in amazon S3 to publish and lambda function to invoke.
- Knowledge in Implementation of horizontal auto-scaling use cases using OpenStack components- Heat, launch stacks from templates and manage stacks using the Heat Orchestration Service.
- Created snapshot, Template and use them based on the requirement and created puppet modules and manifests to integrate Heat Templates into OpenStack.
- Expertise open on setting up the new repos, managing the permissions for various GIT branches.
- Worked on creating the Python scripts for the GIT Pre-push and SVN Commit hooks.
- Worked on build tasks using Maven and Ant and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts. Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Install and configure the application servers such as Apache Tomcat and JBoss for application deployment, and automated using Puppet Manifests.
- Designed & implemented automated server build management, monitoring & deployment using Puppet, Nagios.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with YAML to automate infrastructure administration (infrastructure as code) and deployment automation. Created Playbooks to install and configure required packages to setup the environments.
- Experience in writing the infrastructure automation scripts in Python and Ruby Source Code Management
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Setup Maven script-based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Build scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments and deployment into Tomcat Application server.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate jar, war and ear files.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Involved in Configuration of LDAP, NFS and NIS in Linux and implemented Samba for sharing of resources between Linux and Windows environments.
- Worked with the RHEL for enterprise environment for the POC environment.
Build and Release Engineer
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apace Tomcat Server, Mail Server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Setting up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the SVN source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using GIT and GitHub.
- Worked on Branching, Tagging and Release Activities on Version Control Tools (GIT) and Setting up the GIT repos for Bamboo build jobs.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, has written MAVEN scripts and Python, Shell scripts to automate the build process.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Bamboo to move from one environment to other environments.
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool. Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Art factory, Perforce & GIT server.
- Involved in Setting up the backup server for Bamboo and prepared disaster recovery plans for bamboo.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Installed and configured an automated tool PUPPET that include the installation and configuration of the puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Managed Puppet Enterprise for improvements to the Puppet Development Workflow that supports Unit Testing and Acceptance Testing for individual Puppet Modules. New Development workflow uses different open source tools like Server Spec, Rspec, Vagrant and Packer to validate changes across different Puppet modules.
- Involved in developing the ruby scripts for Puppet and create Puppet modules to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure.
- Designed and developed various modules of the application with J2EE design architecture, Spring MVC architecture using IOC and for dependency injection and used Spring Batch for scheduling and maintaining of batch jobs
- Designed and developed SOAP web services that support XML for other developers to access to speed up development
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks. Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Kept information organized and accessible with a flexible page hierarchy using Atlassian Confluence pages
- Proficient in installation and configuration of various Packages and Patches in Linux utilizing Red Hat Satellite Server
- Worked on implementation and troubleshooting of network services like NFS, FTP, NTP, Telnet, SSH.
- Installation, Administration, Maintenance, Testing, Tuning, Upgrading, troubleshooting and loading patches of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 and Solaris 9/10 systems on both physical and virtual servers
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of Centos, RHEL
- Worked on UNIX, Red hat Linux ES3.0, Linux Desktop, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.0 and AIX 5.2/5.1/4.3 and Ubuntu
- Installed VMware ESXi software which is a part of vSphere suite on bare metal and implemented several virtual hosts on top of that ESXi environment
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Installed packages for Ubuntu system using apt-get. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows 2008/2008R2/2012Servers on both physical servers and virtual machines
- Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX Red Hat Linux Systems
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user and group quota.
- Good Exposure and Worked in VMware ESX servers and Virtual Center Administration and troubleshooting server virtualization products like KVM, XEN, VMware, and Virtual Box.
- Installed, upgraded and configured, backup, recovery and support of HP, Solaris, IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x using Kick start Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Scheduling incremental snapshots and full backups of MySQL database, configuring tape backup units using third party tools like VERITAS and Zmanda.
- Configured Logical Storage Manager (LSM) for root disk encapsulation and implemented root disk mirroring for fault tolerance
- Worked with Python, Perl, shell scripting (zsh, bash) to automate administration tasks.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Interfaced proactively with other infrastructure support teams such as UNIX Database, Network, IT facilities, Backup, Storage, Security, and Monitoring, etc. Effectively used all forms of communication to ensure effective and timely response.
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols, Network file systems and Secure Shell Installed and configured Domain Name Service for Linux clients’ servers.