- 6+ Years of experience in IT Industry with extensive experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Certified AWS Developer Associate and Expertise in AWS Services such asEC2, ELB, VPC, S3, CloudFront, IAM, RDS, Route 53, CloudWatch, SNS.
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) and software development models like Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience working in variety of professional system support and solution based IT services for Linux Systems along with AWS andDevOps.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience using Jenkins withversion control systems tools like GIT, SVN and build tools like ANT & MAVEN to automate the build steps for daily operations.
- Experience in DevOps,Automation with Docker and Continuous Deployment procedures using tools such as Docker - machine, Docker-compose.
- Proficient in continuous delivery using Chef. Developed Cookbooks and coded recipes for automating deployments and administering infrastructure of the nodes.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring and management of Ansible Centralized Server (Tower) and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Puppet Master, Agent nodes and Admin control workstation, and worked with auto and manual signing of SSL certs, setting the intervals for pulling the manifests, between Puppet Master and Agents.
- Experience in monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk.
- Experience in Configuring, Deploying application artifacts on application stack on middleware tools such as Jboss, Apache Tomcat,Web Server, WebSphere.
- Experience in working with Kubernetes, running and managing containers, container snapshots and managing images.
- Installing, Configuring and Managing of RDBMS, NoSQL tools such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Mongo DB.
- Proficient in Installation of VMware ESX server and creation of VMs and install different guest OS.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Python and Perl scripts .
- Experience of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP.
- Efficiently used Project Management Tools like MS Project, MS Share point, JIRA and Rally.
- Experience in installing, configuring, upgrading and patching Linux servers using Red hat satellite server.
- Excellent understanding of Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls.
- Facilitated close collaboration with developers for all phases of code development, testing, and deployment.
- Self-Motivated, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Also, quickly adaptive to the new environment.
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Red hat Linux, Ubuntu, Centos
Configuration management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
AWS Cloud Tools: EC2, VPC, IAM, EBS, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, AMI, DynamoDB, SES, Lambda, Redshift.
Databases: MySql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Scripting Languages: HTML,SQL,Python, Ruby, Shell and Perl
Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, Docker
Protocols: SSH, TCP/IP, IPV4, IPV6, DNS
Version Controls: GIT, SVN, TFS, GitHub, BitBucket
Virtualization Tools: VMware, Oracle Virtual box, Docker
Continuous Integration servers: Jenkins, Bamboo
Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloudwatch, Splunk
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Setup and create enterprise level continuous test environment to run both distributed and mainframe automated scripts on daily basis using the DevOps methodology of running scripts through Jenkins pipeline in automated fashion.
- Experience in building new application and deployment through Ansible and managing them in production environment. Managing existing infrastructure and created new infrastructure using Ansible as Configuration Management Tool.
- Responsible for automated identification of application server and database server using Ansible Scripts.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Ran Ansible playbooks and created various roles for applications, then deployed the Applications/Services on hosts.
- Used Ansible to manage systems configuration to facilitate interoperability between existing infrastructure and new infrastructure in alternate physical data centers or cloud (AWS).
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Integrated Docker Container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configuration maps and deployments.
- Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters with Ansible, writing playbooks
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, created local cluster and deployed application containers.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker Swarm Cluster using Ansible.
- Worked on Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife.
- Maintaining and accessing the infrastructure through Chef Compliance and Inspect the node to test the infrastructure by specifying the policies to follow.
- Involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrate Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework.
- Worked on automating Nagios alerts and email notifications using Python scripts and executed them through Chef.
- Installed Ansible Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker Hub.
- Automated the Applications and MySQL, NoSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Orchestrated CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- The complete installation and hosting of cloud was automated with AWS cloud formation template and Ansible Version control through GIT.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Configure Virtual Server environments (Datacenter and clusters) using VMware ESX and Oracle VM Manager
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like Atlassian JIRAand HP Quality Center.
- Provisioning virtual servers on VMware, involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
Environment: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Chef, GIT, Apache Tomcat, Docker, AWS, ANT, Nagios, ELK, Ansible, Python, Nagios.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Proficient in using all AmazonWeb Services including AWS lambda and AWS Database Migration Service.
- Configured Amazon Machine Images(AMI), IAM polices and able to Set up and deploy servers on multiple AWS availability zones and regions.
- Configured AWS Elastic Search and CloudWatch for logging and monitoring instances and application services.
- Automated CI/CD process using Jenkins, build-pipeline-plug in, maven, GIT.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform. Deployed application updates using Jenkins. Installed, configured, and managed Jenkins
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds .
- Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration tools with plugins created jobs and automated most of the build related tasks.
- Used Jenkins, Bamboo to implement Continuous Integration and Deployment into Tomcat, WebLogic Application Server.
- Administered and maintained Hudson Continuous Integration tool and Configured Jenkins,Hudson for executing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, machine, compose and Docker registry.
- Configured the Docker containers and created Docker files for various applications..
- Manage and support CloudFormation for various Amazon related resources, provisioning and updating them in an orderly fashion to ensure reliability and availability for mission critical applications.
- Maintained and Administered GitHub Source Code Tool and Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GitHub.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tool Splunk for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian Jira, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
Environment: AWS, Splunk, Git, Linux, Jenkins,Hudson, Maven, Ansible, Chef, Docker,Python,Nagios, GitHub,Terraform, Splunk.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Improve efficiency of existing technical processes through automation of work by writing scripts for repetitive tasks.
- Creating the Configuration set up for the event destination by using Simple Notification Service (SNS) and Simple Email Service (SES) in AWS.
- Managed Amazon Redshift clusters by launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Maintained the user accountsforIAM, RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNSservices in AWS cloud.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and DB templates.
- Interacting with clients to assist in setup of Virtual Private Networks across departments with strong Network ACLs, Security Groups and Firewall policies at both Subnet and Instance OS level.
- Deployment of syslog server and client configurations through version control(subversion) and managed them through Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, Puppet DB for configuration management of the existing infrastructure.
- Written scripts to define puppet resources, modules, manifest to deploy the services on client nodes.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox andworked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images. Used Docker-compose file while deploying Docker container.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool: created new jobs, managed required plugins, configured the jobs, selected required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notified the build reports, etc.
- Installed Jenkins on various platforms like Linux and Windows and configured it to automate the build flows and process CI.
- Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for groovy projects.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using ANTScripts and Jenkins.
- Wrote Python and Bash scripts for system administration and automation, such as automate the regular tasks like removing core files, taking backups of important files, file transfers among servers, etc
- Build and Release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion and GIT, worked on migration from Subversion to Git.
Environment: Docker, AWS, Chef, Jenkins, Apache Webserver, Python, Bash, WebLogic, JBoss, Maven, ANT, Oracle, Unix, Nagios, SVN, Tomcat Apache, Puppet, GIT, Docker
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Installation, administration, implementation, testing and maintenance of complex and heterogeneous networks consisting of LINUX (red hat), windows.
- Configuring and managing the SSH, SSL, NFS, FTP and SMTP servers on LINUX.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux.
- Member of the team that set up, tested, configured, and eventually implemented into operations a VMware virtual computing environment.
- Written Cron jobs to automate daily tasks and done performance tuning and Disk space management.
- Experience in VMware. Installed and monitored Virtual environments with ESXiservers and VirtualCenter2.
- Setting up Multi-pathing at OS Layer for Network and Storage layer and ensuring HighAvailability/Redundancy.
- Expertise in filesystem management like creation, addition, resize and mounting the LVM filesystem with differenttypes of filesystems(ext2, ext3,ext4).
- Able to Deploy new servers (virtual and physical) after getting user requirements, update documentation for build procedures, coordinate racking with data center personnel.
- Resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients.
- Maintain, update various scripts (Shell, python, Bash) for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based shell.
Environment: Red hat, CentOS, Linux, Ubuntu, ANT, Python, RHEL, LINUX, UNIX, Shell, Perl scripting, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere,VMware.
- Performed administration and monitored job processes using associated commands.
- Configured and installed Apache Web Server.
- Introduced new servers to the network, maintaining and troubleshooting network connectivity.
- Installed, upgraded and managed packages using RPM and YUM package management.
- Installed and maintained administrative and other software including Jira and Nagios.
- Administered the Group Policy, to upgrade and repair software installations.
- Setup of NFS and Samba file-sharing services on Linux and Windows environments.
- Handled hardware issues like Memory, hard disk, Motherboard, and Processor etc.
- Installing and supporting SQL server and Oracle database.
- Define/setup network protocols,Network Information Services (NIS) on Linux and AIX servers.
- Managed system backup and restore and participated in disaster recovering exercise.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
Environment: Linux, Windows, Jira, NFS,Apache Web server, Nagios,Oracle Database,SQL