- Around 7 years of experienced professional in IP networking, implementing, maintaining, routing protocols, optimizing and maintaining enterprise data network.
- Excellent in troubleshooting connectivity and hardware issues on Cisco Switches, Routers, firewalls.
- Experienced working and configuring Cisco routers and L2/L3 Switches and good understanding of IP Sub netting.
- Knowledge in maintaining, configuring servers and implementing security protocols.
- Expertise in configuring switches and routers with protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, GLBP, STP, TRUNKING, VPN, VDC.
- Experience working with Bluecoat Proxy, IPS/ IDS.
- Configured and maintained Cisco Catalyst Switches 6500,4500,3500,2900 series, Cisco Nexus Switches 7K/5K.
- Proficient in LAN/WAN routing, switching, application load balancing and wireless.
- Creating VLAN's to isolate different departments.
- Policy development, planning, programming on IT security, Network administration and providing support.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco Sourcefire Administration.
- Installing, Configuring, Maintaining, Administration of Cisco, Checkpoint R75 Firewall.
- Provided Excellent IT security by building Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Experience in Load Balancing with F5 LTM and GTM products.
- Knowledge about configuring various network services like DNS, DHCP and NAT implementations with Cisco devices.
- Maintained BGP, DNS, OSPF, LACP, 802.1Q, 802.1x, NAC, MPLS, TCP/IP, IPv4, Ethernet, WAN technologies, VPN tunneling.
- Implementing and Configuring Ether channels with LACP and PAGP.
- Experience in maintaining Disaster recovery and backups of configurations for quickly resolving issues.
- DNS, DHCP, NAT configurations on Cisco Devices.
- Experience about L2/L3 switching, L2/L3 QOS, IPSec, MPLS, Ethernet, Voice and data integration.
- Providing flexible off hour support especially during upgrades and maintenance.
- Administrating windows servers’ infrastructure which include Domain Controllers, File and Print, FTP/SFTP servers.
Operating systems: Windows XP/7/8, LINUX, UNIX
Routers and Switches: Cisco 2800/ 3600/ 4400/ 3700/ 3800/ 3900/ 7600, ASR 9K, XR, Juniper M320. Cisco Catalyst 1440/ 6513/ 6509/ 4900/ 2960/ 3500/ 4500.
Firewalls and Security: Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortigate, NAT, ACL, Cisco Sourcefire
Networking Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RIP, HSRP, GLBP, STP, RSTP, PVSTP, VTP, ARP, VLAN, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, FTP, LDP/TDP, WLAN 802.11/802.11 e, CDMA, WEP
LAN/WAN technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit, STP, RSTP, PVST, Workgroup, Domain, HSRP, Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, PAP, CHAP, HDLC, ATM, MPLS, Leased Lines, Cable modem
Network Tools: Solar Winds, Lancope, Wireshark, Microsoft SSCM, Opnet, Nmap, MS office, MS Visio, Ethereal, Packet Tracer, PRTG Packet Sniffer, VirusTotal, IP void, Sucuricheck
Wi-Fi and Wireless: DLink Wireless (Point to Point), DLink Access Point, CISCO 1532e/ 3500 /2602 / 2702/ 1200 series Access Points, Canopy Wireless Device (point to point/multi point), Linksys Wi-Fi/ Wireless Router.
Load Balancers: F5 BIG-IP LTM/GTM 1600,3900,4200,8950,6900 Series, CSU/DSU Troubleshooting, Private Line, ATM, IP addressing, IP subnetting, CCNA, PAT, SevOne, NetExpert, IPSec Based VPN, IPSec over GRE Tunnels, VoIP, DNS, ADS, McAfee Web gateway, Packet level troubleshooting using sniffer tools, Infoblox, NetQoS, Websense, Fortigate, HP OpenView
Confidential, Littleton, CO
- Day-to-Day activities include working on issues related to Firewalls, F5 Load balancers, Routing and Switching and involving in Service Improvement Plan's (SIP's) to make stable environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on issues related to Checkpoint, Fortigate, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers and Switches, F5 LTM and GTM.
- Setting up Enterprise Manager for automatically backing up configurations from F5 LTM's.
- Configuring Virtual servers, Pools, Nodes as requested.
- Hands on experience on working with SSL off-loading on F5 LTM's. Updating certificate bundles as requested.
- Upgrading F5 load balancers to new standard code level TMOS 11.6.1 HF2 to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Configuring iRules on F5 LTM's as requested to divert URL, URI traffic to respective pools.
- Modifying HA group configurations and setting up priority group activation on pools and nodes.
- Upgrading Checkpoint code from R75.40 to R77.30 to comply with the support contract with Checkpoint. This will also resolve some security vulnerabilities and bugs known with R75.40 .
- Activating DMVPN tunnels on Cisco routers to provide required connectivity to new office setup at different locations at APAC, EMEA and AMER regions.
- Installing certificates on Cisco ASA firewalls for PKI infrastructure for 2 factor authentications.
- Setting up new Palo Alto and Checkpoint firewalls physically and Patching of firewall interfaces to core switch ( Cisco 4500 ) with configuring VRF on Cisco Switches.
- Upgrading NX-OS Code (Nexus 5596 ) to new standard code which are used as core switches at one of datacenters.
- Configuring Firewall rules on Palo Alto firewalls to make necessary websites publicly available through internet.
- Hands on experience in upgrading Fortigate Firmware versions from 5.0.14(OS) 323(build) to 5.2.8(OS).
- Updating Fortigate firewall rules and enable URL filtering, Web filter profiles to provide access to only specific websites as FortiGate’s are used as browsing firewalls at all offices at different locations.
- 24/7 On call production support to resolve issues related to different data centers and offices ASAP.
- Configuring A records, PTR records, C records and DNS related requests on IPAM.
- Excellent skills in configuring VSS in data center environment Cisco 4500 switches.
Environment: F5: LTM (6900,1600,3900,4200), GTM, Enterprise Manager, Checkpoint R77.30, R75.40, R65(3077,5077,4400,1073,12600), Fortigate 100D's,1500D's,3950B's,600C's,80C's. Cisco Nexus 5596,3048, Cisco Switches:3750,4500, 3850, 6509,2950,4507, 4948.Cisco-ASA:5510,5520,5525. Infoblox DNS:1420, IPAM.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Complete LAN and WAN development which include IP addressing, planning, designing, implementing, configuring, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance etc.
- Working on Cisco 3750/ 3850 switches and Cisco 3900, Cisco ASR 1000 routers to new sites and implementing wireless access points.
- Experience in configuring Cisco switches 4500, 6500 used in multi VLAN environments with the use of Inter Vlan routing, HSRP, ISL trunk, Ether Channel.
- Involved in Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLAN's, Port security, Trunking, GLBP, STP, LAN Security, Inter Vlan Routing.
- Configured BPDU Guard, uplink fast, port-fast and other STP features.
- Configured Routers with IP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, OSPF. Configured and Installed (IP, IPX) on multi-interface Cisco routers.
- Excellent hands on experience in Profiling, creating policy sets and monitoring on Cisco ISE 3395.
- Good hands on experience in configuring and implementing Access control, Intrusion, Network discovery with Cisco Sourcefire 3d8140.
- Experience in configuring Cisco Sourcefire for URL Filtering to avoid malicious traffic.
- Good hands on experience in monitoring and using Lancope.
- Existing Switches replaced with 2960 switches for on demand users.
- As per Data Center fabric remediation/refresh project, deployed Cisco Nexus switches and implemented features like FEX Links, VPC and VDC.
- Build Logical design and implementation of Wireless Solution.
- Hands on experience in configuring and maintaining WLC-5508, Lightweight Access point LAP and LWAPP.
- Experience with the Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis and Modification.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA 5500 firewall administration across our global networks.
- Configuring and maintaining Access lists (ACL) on Cisco ASA firewall for proper network routing.
- Troubleshooting user connectivity issues and clustering issues by using CLI utilities.
- Implementing the firewall rules using Juniper Netscreen Manager (NSM).
- Hands on experience working with monitoring tools like HP OpenView, NetQoS.
- Configuring VLAN's, Routing, NATing with firewalls as per the requirement in design.
- DMZ for Web servers, Mail servers & FTP servers is designed and implemented using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls.
- Experience in managing and supporting various teams to add new routers, switches, firewalls to DMZs.
- Excellent experience in configuring authentication policies with Cisco ISE 3395 to monitor, control, administrate different wireless, wired and VPN devices.
- Troubleshoot the network issues onsite and remotely depending on the issues which are raised in remedy tool.
- Hands on experience in Configuring, Upgrading and verifying the NX-OS operation system.
Environment: Cisco 2960 /3500 /3750 /3850 /4500 /6500 switches, Cisco 3640 /3900 / 7200 / 3845/ 2800 routers. Cisco Nexus 7K/5K. Cisco ASA 5500 Windows server 2003/ 2008 F5 OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, LAN, WAN VPN, HSRP, GLBP, BIGIP, LTM.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Designed, Implemented and maintained complex LAN/WAN consists of many VLAN's by configuring Cisco Switches and Routers independently.
- Technical support for analysis and rectification of LAN/WAN networks.
- Experience in performing IOS upgrades in Cisco 2900/ 3500/ 4500 series switches and 2500/ 2600/ 3600 routers.
- Initiating Telnet sessions and implementing password security.
- Loop prevention by configuring Cisco Catalyst Switches with STP.
- Experience in configuring RIP and EIGRP, authoring Access lists on 2901 /3925 Cisco routers.
- Creating VLAN's to isolate different departments.
- Trunking is implemented by using Dot1Q and ISL on Cisco Catalyst Switches.
- Troubleshooting VLAN's/VLAN Trunking, HSRP.
- Good monitoring skills using monitoring tools like Cisco Prime, Netcracker.
- Excellent skills in configuring policies to find Ransonware attacks, Blocking IP's using Cisco Sourcefire.
- Expertise in configuring and maintaining layer 2 switching tasks with VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST.
- Configuring Ether Channel with LACP and PAGP with trouble shooting Inter- VLAN routing.
- Access Lists are implemented on ASA firewall for proper network routing between B2B network connectivity.
- Configured and maintained Cisco ASA, PIX firewalls, Checkpoint Firewalls, Juniper Firewall (SRX5400).
- Hands-on experience in implementing Access Control Server (ACS) for TACACS+/RADIUS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Worked with McAfee Web gateway , Wireshark to analyze network issues.
- Experience in implementing, designing and supporting Cisco wireless LWAPP environment which supports both 802.11n and 802.11b/g.
- To support 64-bit machines Cisco SSL VPN ASA5500 is migrated to Juniper SSL VPN 6500.
- Designing F5 solutions and support for migration work of applications and websites from Cisco CSS load balancers to F5 BigIP load balancers.
- Performing network monitoring and provide analysis by using Wireshark and Solarwinds etc.
Environment: Cisco 2948/ 4500/ 3560/ 3560/ 3500/ 3550/ 3570/ 2960/ 6500 switches, Cisco 3640/ 7200/ 3845/ 2800/ 3600 routers, Cisco Nexus 5K/7K, Juniper M320 Juniper Firewall-SRX5400, Cisco ASA 5500, F5 BIGIP, LTM,OSPF,HSRP, STP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN,VPN, RSTP, RPVST.
- Worked as part of the team to manage enterprise network infrastructure as a Tier-3 Support Engineer.
- Designed and configured Juniper routers and SRX firewalls with OSPF and BGP.
- Configured HSRP, VLAN Trunking 802.1Q, VLAN routing on Cisco Catalyst 3550/ 4500/ 6500 Switches.
- Experience in configuring Trunk groups, Ether-Channels, STP for creating and maintaining Access/Distribution and Core layer switching architecture.
- Configuring Cisco 2900/ 3500 switches with STP, RSTP, RPVST to avoid loops.
- Hands-on experience in configuring VPC, VDC and ISSU Software upgrades on Cisco Nexus 7010.
- Configuring Static NAT, Dynamic NAT, TCP overload distribution.
- Assisting the certification teams in configuring LAN/WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet.
- Experience in configuring HSRP, GLBP on Cisco Catalyst switches.
- Support routing protocols including BGP and OSPF routing, HSRP, Load Balancing/Failover configurations, GRE Tunnel Configurations, VRF configuration and support on the routers.
- Troubleshooting issues using advanced techniques such as TCPDUMP, FW Monitor, Opnet packet capture, pcap analysis using Wireshark/infinistream, firewall rulebase audit and MOP (Method of Procedure) for firewall and proxy.
- Configured Cisco VPN Concentrator 3060 for VPN Tunnel with Cisco VPN hardware/software client and PIX/ASA firewall.
- Experience in configuring Cisco ASA Firewalls 5540/ 5550/ 5585 using CLI, Cisco CSM, ASDM for day to day maintenance.
- Configuring and implementing Security/NAT rules on Cisco ASA 7.x,8.x/PIX firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls.
- Maintaining F5 load balancers.
- Expertise in Managing F5 Big IP GTM/LTM appliances to include writing iRules, SSL offload and creating WIP and VIP's.
- Actively used smart view tracker for troubleshooting.
- Maintained Documentation (Visio's), Configurations and Records management.
- Problem solving support for issues affecting B2B, Internet and VPN, Routing, traffic and log analysis.
- Experience in providing production support for network issues, firewall related issues, access issues.
Environment: Cisco Catalyst 2900/ 3500/ 3550/ 4500/ 6500 Switches, Cisco Nexus 7K, Cisco ASA Firewalls 5540/ 5550/ 5585 . EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, STP, NAT, LAN, WAN, GRE.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching.
- Daily operations include configuring, monitoring and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in LAN/WAN, implementing Access lists (ACL).
- Updating MS Visio network drawings and managing IP address continuously for future references.
- Troubleshooting using PING, TRACEROUTE to check connectivity.
- Configured Routers with dynamic routing EIGRP, OSPF for external connectivity.
- Configuring VPN for remote access.
- Hand-on experience on installing, maintaining and configuring HP printers, copiers, servers and other networking devices with IP addresses.
- Good knowledge on DHCP.
- Troubleshooting desktops, servers, laptops.
- Implementing Windows NT domain, DNS services E-mail, Web and FTP services.
- Configuring IP addresses using VLSM/FLSM to all devices in company.
- Implementing switch-port security features as per the company's requirement.
- Implementing VLAN's using DOT1Q/ISL on Cisco switches.
- Troubleshooting VLAN, VLAN Trunking, HSRP and related issues.
- Maintaining redundancy on Cisco 2600/ 2800/ 3600 routers with HSRP.
- Worked on Inflobox to update the DNS host.
- Configuring routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP as required.
- Coordinated with client teams to figure out their network requirements.
- Interacting with vendors to solve Technical issues.
Environment: Cisco 2600/2800/3600 routers. LAN/WAN. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP. VLSM/FLSM. VLAN Trunking/ DOT1Q/ISL. DNS, DHCP, VPN. MS Visio.