- 4 years of Experience with expertise in Model - Based Algorithm & Software Development, Auto code generation and Embedded software development.
- Certified Matlab Programming Associate.
- Proficient in Embedded C programming
- Expertise in modeling tools like MATLAB, SIMULINK, STATEFLOW
- Good working knowledge in standards and protocols like CAN, LIN, FlexRay, TCP/IP, UDP.
- Expertise in using Vector tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe.
- Good working experience with CANalyzer tool to analyze the data transmission in Automotive projects.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262.
- Knowledge in creating test environments to perform Functional, Unit and Subsystem automated tests and verification
- Experienced in GNU Tools (.gcc, .gbd), Configuration Management Tools (Synergy) and Requirement Management Tool (DOORS)
- Good exposure to software development life cycle (SDLC) like Feasibility, Design, Coding, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance
- Experienced in using various testing tools (dSPACE and CarSim) and code checking standards (MISRA)
Programing Languages: C, C++, MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
Operating System and Networking: Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Ubuntu, MAC
Communication Protocol: TCP/IP, UDP, CAN, RS-232, J1939
Hardware: Woodward ECUs, Kvaser CAN
Software: SolidWorks, MATLAB, Simulink, Moto Hawk (Model-based Design Tool), Moto Tune (Calibration Tool), keil, VeriStand, ETAS, ATI, CAN King, LT-Spice, Rational DOORS, Electric Software, Electric Power World, P-Spice
Embedded Software Developer
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Involved in the development of software requirements and functional specifications
- Involved in the design of ADAS using modeling tools such as MATLAB, Simulink/State Flow/RTW
- Developed software in C following MISRA C coding guidelines.
- Involved in developing software interfacing modules for automotive communication protocols like CAN, LIN and FlexRay
- Involved in every step of SDLC process like requirement analysis, designing, coding, testing, releasing and providing product maintenance, and documentation at each stage
- Execution of test vectors for the given module and give a root cause analysis if there is any deviation between code and model. If there is a deviation, then a solution to fix the deviation needs to be given.
- Performed system-level integration of the software
- Gained knowledge and experience on CAN protocol, and on using the CANalyzer software tool
- Documented CANoe model functionality including panel functionality, security features, installation instructions, etc
- Gained experience in advanced features like ACC, LDW, LKW, RCTA, etc.
Gasoline Engine Controls Trainee
Confidential, Pontiac, MI
- Designed Engine PID controller, plant model and engine position tracking (EPT) system for a GM Ecotec 4 stroke 2.0 Liters gasoline engine
- Developed state machine for stall/crank/run/overload states and calibrated engine for different states
- Implemented gain scheduling and feed forward loop up table for lower response time and stabilized engine speed
- Development of PID Electronic Throttle Controller (ETC)
- Designed a PID controller model in MATLAB Simulink and performed model in loop (MIL), Hardware in loop (HIL) and Software in loop (SIL) simulations
- Used MATLAB Simulink, MotoHawk, Moto Tune to implement PI Control Loop to achieve Duty Cycle from Acceleration Pedal Position (APP) and Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) through 48 and 128 pinned ECUs
- Implemented different techniques to improve PID controller model (Gain Scheduling, Saturation, Anti-windup etc.)
- Calibrated the throttle position of a Bosch Dv-e5 electronic throttle using NI VeriStand and NI CompactRIO
Power Controls Quality Engineering Intern
- Developed a mathematical model of a servo system (torque transducer) to control the velocity and position of a physical system, and calculated different parameters desired to control the physical system
- Position Control of DC Motor without Velocity Feedback: Design and implementation of P and PD controllers to satisfy design constraints like percentage overshoot and settling time on the oscilloscope, and compare the values obtained to those obtained using MATLAB
- Velocity Control of DC Motor with Velocity Feedback: Design and implementation of PI controller to satisfy the design requirements like percentage steady state error and percentage overshoot on the oscilloscope, and compare the values obtained to those obtained using MATLAB
- Controller: Designed P, PI and PID controllers to control DC-DC converters regulating output for load and line voltage, measuring and extending efficiencies
- Implemented characteristics of open-loop transfer functions of the boost converter in Continuous Control Mode, and the P, PI and PID controllers in series with the boost converter plant for efficient control
- Performed root cause analysis which resulted 10% reduction of distortions in Inverter.
- Recommended Engineering change for shaft core based on results from MATLAB simulation
- Created manufacturing processes procedures, which reduced quality control rejections by 70%
Systems Engineering Intern
- Developed algorithms for STMP36xx controller that drove a stand-alone controller with A/D, D/A, PWM inputs logical and algorithmic process.
- System validation or existing drivers: serial, Ethernet 10/100, I2C, SPI, LCD, USB host and device, Bluetooth)
- Both products supported RS232 and RS485 serial buses.
- Performed design (using Orcad PSpice, Psim), implementation, test and onsite customer integration.
- Integrated engineering tests and measures inside code resulting in enhanced functionality and speedier development.
- Worked alongside senior power engineers in the review of design and stress analysis reports.
- Developed reliable operational electrical system guidelines
- Performed tasks that supported power-testing program prior to release of product