Seasoned Information Technology professional with over 15 years of experience in the development of financial services applications. Extensive experience in multi - vendor and multi-platform computer environments. Strong communicator with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Able to adjust readily to shifting business requirements, and work well under tight deadlines and pressure situations.
Hardware: UNIX, LINUX, OPEN CLIENT LINUX, Confidential (Z/OS, OS/390, 370/43XX/30XX), VARIOUS PCs (Windows NT, XP, Windows 7)
Software: TIBCO, MQ SERIES, JMS, C, UNIX SHELL SCRIPTS, ALTOVA XMLSPY, GEMS, COBOL, CICS, DB2, SQL, QMF, JCL, VSAM, FOCUS, MICRO FOCUS, RAMIS, PANVALET, FILE-AID, OMEGAMON, INTERTEST, MVS/TSO, VM/CMS, RBASE, 3COM LAN, OS2, PC DOS, CLEARCASE, SUBVERSION, MS VISUAL SOURCESAFE, MS OFFICE, MS FRONTPAGE, SHAREPOINT, CRYSTAL REPORTS, LOTUS NOTES.
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- Assuming a leadership role in the setup of TIBCO products in development, UAT and production environments for a major Confidential.
- Responsible for the administrative support of all TIBCO products in use, including the installations, configurations, upgrades and management of the following TIBCO products on a Unix/Linux platform: EMS, Business Works, Business Events, Hawk, Rendezvous, and Administrator.
- Monitor the overall health of the TIBCO environment using Hawk.
- Respond to system outages of any components that comprise the TIBCO environment and restore services to operational level.
- Manage the deployment and configuration of TIBCO applications in development, UAT, and production.
- Configure Business Works applications for load balancing and fault tolerance.
- Monitor and fine tune application performance.
- Provide EMS support with fault tolerance using High Availability NFS.
- Interact with internal teams and outside vendors, when necessary, to diagnose and resolve support issues.
- Build application deployment, EMS object management, and general maintenance scripts.
- Document installation, maintenance and upgrade procedures.
- Provide input to the development of release management standards and policies.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support.
Confidential, Frederick, MD
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and administration of TIBCO middleware products including TIBCO EMS, Business Works, Business Events, Rendezvous and Hawk in a LINUX based environment.
- Monitored the health of the TIBCO environment to ensure high availability of mission critical lending applications, and respond to system and application outages.
- Performed root cause analysis and implemented preventative measures.
- Configured EMS objects (Topics, Queues, Bridges, Routes, Data stores and Log Files) using GEMS and manual commands.
- Provided EMS support with fault tolerance and high availability using the Confidential for clustering/load balancing.
- Deployed and configured TIBCO applications as needed according to release and user specifications using TIBCO Administrator and the TIBCO AppManage utility.
- Set up load balancing and fault tolerance for BW engines at runtime.
- Supported post-deployment technical and business validations.
- Developed Hawk rules for monitoring BW and BE engines, and application log files.
- Set up application performance monitoring using Optier, JMX ports and JConsole for issues with CPU usage, memory problems or other issues that impacted end-users.
- Supported the planning and implementation of TIBCO infrastructure changes in test and production environments.
- Assisted in the maintenance patching and upgrades of the operating system on TIBCO servers.
- Assisted in performing capacity assessments of storage, CPU and memory requirements to optimally support load.
- Developed shell scripts and cron jobs to automate the run-time environment where possible.
- Assisted in backups and recoveries as needed.
- Managed source code repositories using ClearCase and Subversion.
- Assisted with the creation and maintenance of departmental documentation.
- Assisted in establishing and implementing departmental standards and procedures for TIBCO application deployments and the administration of the TIBCO infrastructure.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Senior Applications Integration Specialist (Consultant)
- Responsible for the administration of middleware applications using TIBCO software products including Administrator, Rendezvous, Business Works, Business Connect and Hawk.
- Resolved batch and real time transactions issues and diagnosed problems using web services, UNIX (Solaris), and Oracle SQL via a database interface (TOAD).
- Deployed new and revised TIBCO application service instances using Altova XMLSpy and Microsoft Visual SourceSafe.
- Assisted in the management of account creations/deletions.
- Responded to and resolved Incident and Change Request tickets.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Played a leading role in the engineering, deployment, and operational support of the Firm’s middleware messaging technology on mainframe and distributed platforms.
ConfidentialMiddleware Engineer/ Developer
- Managed the configuration and integration of messaging infrastructures for the Firm’s applications utilizing MQ, TIBCO MQ Adapter, TIBCO Rendezvous, TIBCO Hawk, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO Integration Manager, COBOL, CICS, and Assembler.
- Interfaced with various development groups to identify business requirements and recommended viable middleware solutions.
- Responsible for the successful transition of implementations from testing through production and for post implementation support.
- Identified performance bottlenecks and tuned systems as necessary.
- Major participant in the implementation of MQ, TIBCO Rendezvous, and TIBCO MQ Adapter on UNIX (Solaris) and LINUX (Red Hat) platforms.
- Mentored junior staff and provided technical guidance to development teams regarding proper middleware configurations, testing and production issues.
- Major participant in the implementation of MQ security for the Firm.
- Responsible for performance testing and tuning projects of new and existing MQ and TIBCO STP (Straight Through Processing) infrastructures for associated applications.
- Developed programs using MQ, UNIX shell scripts, C, CICS, and COBOL for system enhancements, maintenance and monitoring.
- Worked continuously with clients to provide timely resolutions to messaging problems often under time-critical circumstances.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Developed and maintained various Treasury applications utilizing COBOL and CICS, accessing DB2 databases, VSAM, and sequential files.
- Supported an existing Bank Accounts Management System using VM/CMS FOCUS.
- Supported a Client Credit Information System and Accounts Payable System in a FOCUS VM/CMS environment.
- Enhanced existing programs with user specified revisions.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for all phases of 3+OPEN and LANMAN 2.0 LAN Administration support.
- Supported a Claims System in a FOCUS MVS/TSO environment.
- Developed and maintained COBOL, DB2 and FOCUS based systems in an MVS/TSO environment.
- Designed, programmed, and implemented RBASE databases.