- Over 7 + years of extensive experience in the IT Industry, involved in all Phases of Project life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile - Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation Which unites into the field of DevOps and Azure and AWS with skill in Linux Administration, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Configuration Management, Automation and Monitoring .
- Employed Azure Resource Manager (ARM) to deploy, update and delete multiple resources on Azure and in migrating the on-premise resources to Azure using Azure site recovery (ASR) and Azure backups. Worked on creating resource group of virtual machines by specifying deployment parameters in Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- Established Azure Virtual Network (VNETs), storage containers and load balancers and Created Azure wed application projects, updated and deployed ASP.NET web apps, web jobs using visual studio, TFS and Azure Resource Manager.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall. Hands on experience on Backup and restore Azure services.
- AWS Certified Developer with experience in solution architecting applications and running them in the cloud and experience in network and security design for applications in the cloud. Also done extensive automation using cloud APIs and cloud SDK’s to create infrastructure programmatically in the cloud.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS MySQL DB cluster. Created S3 Buckets in AWS and stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for files stored.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53 Managing users and groups using the Amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Experienced in Kubernetes for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers and coordinated with security, development, and operations team to migrate to Docker containers on Kubernetes.
- Expertise in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Performed job scheduling using Ansible Tower. Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus using Nexus Artifactory plugin.
- Experienced in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for storing binaries, artifacts and dependencies of the Successful builds.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker and Red Hat.
- Used Python API for uploading all the agent logs into Azure blob storage. Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure.
- Served the ELK stack community with use cases and log stash plugin and Deployed applications using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build & release job failures, resolve, work with developers on resolution.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack (Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS Cloud Watch, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events, changes in S3.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Performed installation, configuration, and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux server.
- Experience in using Virtual box for multiple operating systems on one desktop and cross platform guests and hosts including Windows, Linux and Solaris.
- Expertise in LINUX/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and can work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Quick learner and ability to implement solutions at faster pace ensuring the requirements are met
Operating System: RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x CentOS 4/5/6/7, SUSE 10/11, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, Ubuntu.
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell/Bash Scripting, Perl, Python, Ruby, Maven, Java and Gradle
Cloud services: Azure cloud, Terraform, AWS, Red Shift, GCP
Virtualization: VMware and Virtual Box.
Versioning Tools: GitHub, Bit bucket, SVN.
Configuration Management: Puppet, CHEF, Ansible.
Collaboration Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Service Now.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker swarm, Mesos
Service: SSH, SFTP, FTP, NFS, RPM, YUM, Telnet, Auto FS.
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET, IMAP, OSI, IGMP, ICMP.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, New Relic and ELK
Web/ application Server: Tomcat 7/8, Apache 2.x, 3.x, WebLogic (8/9/10), WebSphere
Confidential, Malvern, Pennsylvania
Sr. Cloud & DevOps Engineer
- Experience in managing Azure infrastructure, Azure storage accounts and deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs), virtual networks, cloud services, resource groups, express route, traffic manager , VPN, load balancing, application gateways, auto-scaling and cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure V-Nets and subnets.
- Designed, configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HD Insight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM ), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Implemented various resources in Azure using Azure portal, PowerShell on Azure Resources Manager deployment models. Experienced in deploying infrastructure as code applications using ARM Templates (JSON).
- Azure AD - Implemented Azure AD using AD connect, configured SSO and multifactor Authentication. Also configured SSO from Window 10 based computer which is joined to Azure AD. Implemented and managed AD synchronization.
- Worked with Nagios for Windows Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers.
- Used SonarQube in build system for continuously inspecting the code quality, Nagios for monitoring and performed log analysis using ELK stack and created monitoring charts.
- Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration. Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm . Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, templatize Kubernetes manifests, provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and Managed releases of Helm packages
- Used Kubernetes backed infrastructure to run microservices in production environment deployed on Kubernetes clusters and developed Kubernetes templates for multitude of applications.
- Validated deployments in Kubernetes by establishing a local development workflow that used Minikube and implemented Kubernetes interface by creating RESTful API's to read, delete, store and update bucket information on Kubernetes Console.
- Deployed Windows and Linux based Docker containers with popular container orchestrators like Kubernetes and DCOS provisioned by the Azure Container Service and integration of container registries, specifically Docker Hub and the Azure Container Registry into DevOps workflows.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, Config Maps and deployments.
- Configured Docker Swarm Cluster and setup Jenkins inside it to reduce the failover downtime and to automate deployment of Docker.
- Implemented Ansible Tower to schedule jobs and to manage complex network deployments with the addition of control and delegation to Ansible powered environment and automated the infrastructure using Ansible roles downloaded and managed from Ansible Galaxy
- Worked on Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline and ran Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used Ansible Configuration Management to create Ansible manifest files, roles and profile modules to automate system operations and manage servers on Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines (VM's) and encrypted data using Ansible vault.
- Involved in build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef and Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Used Jenkins as Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and also extensively worked on other tools like Bamboo, Hudson, and Cruise Control for continuous integration and for all end to end automation functions with all build and deployments.
- Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers. ‘
- Strong Server Build skills and building client/server services like NFS, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, LAMP, VNC .
- Experience in working on source control management tools like GIT ( GitHub), Subversion (SVN) and creating GIT repositories with specified branching strategies.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide Continuous Automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git, and Maven.
- Worked on Terraform for automating VPC s, ELBs, security groups , SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware and Docker containers.
- Employed Terraform templates for automation of Azure IaaS Virtual machines using Terraform modules and deployed VM scale sets.
Environment: Azure, Elastic Load Balancers, VPN, VPC, Ansible, Shell, Python, Linux, Jira, My SQL, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Docker, Virtualization, Kubernetes, configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, Maven SVN, Git, Terraform, Python, Ansible, ELK, SonarQube.
Cloud and DevOps Engineer
- Experience in administering Amazon Web services (AWS) services like Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Relational Database System (RDS, Amazon Machine Image (AMI), IAM, and Cloud Formation services using AWS-Command Line Interface (CLI) and enabling the enterprise environment compatible for continuous monitoring using Cloud Watch.
- Developed automation scripts for provisioning, configuring, Managing EC2 Instances, cloud deployments using Ansible playbooks. Automated the jobs for monitoring the server's (EC2 Instances) CPU utilization and system memory by using Cloud Watch and provide application owners with performance-based SLAs.
- Configured S3 Buckets for EBS backed Snapshots and versioning for data backups and Leveraged AWS cloud as an extension of the corporate datacenter by creating a VPN connection between corporate datacenter and VPC using Customer and Virtual Private Gateways.
- Build, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the VPC networking in a cross-domain, including VPC peering, limits and pricing and architects within AWS cloud populated by infrastructure, platform, and application services that share common security and interconnection and AWS Lambda and AWS config.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS etc.
- Expertise in AWS server less compute service Lambda. Extensive usage of AWS lambda to trigger changes in data shifts and action by users.
- Worked on AWS ELB and configure the auto scaling as per the application user traffic and managing the multi-tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Deployed Kubernetes Cluster on cloud/on-premises environments with master/minion architecture and wrote many YAML files to create many services like pods, deployments, auto scaling, load balancers, labels, health checks, Namespaces, Config Map, etc.
- Used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely to fasten the build/release engineering and used Kubernetes in managing and monitoring the cluster.
- Managing OpenShift Platform, support pushing their Docker images into the registry, support creating Build Config and Deployment Config Files, creating services and routes.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and also configuration automation using Docker containers
- Written multiple Chef Cookbooks in Ruby script Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management. Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git/ git-Lab, Jenkins/Hudson, Bitbucket, code cloud, Maven, Build Forge, Docker-registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, Branches, Merges, and the access control strategies and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks
- Configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Log Stash to output data to AWS S3 and reduced Elasticsearch disk space usage by 66% by automating Elasticsearch maintenance using Jenkins
- Deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch. Established DevOps culture based on Docker and Kubernetes tools.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack (Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS Cloud Watch, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Employed Terraform templates for automation of Azure IaaS Virtual machines using Terraform modules and deployed VM scale sets
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
Environment: AWS, S3, VPC, Cloud trail, AWS lambda, Route53, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Python, Puppet, Network Protocols, Virtualization, GIT, Jira, ELK, Terraform, Subversion, SSH.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Configured and administered AWS (Amazon Web Services) EC2 (Elastic Cloud Computing) resources such as instances, EBS volumes, snapshots, elastic load balancers, AMI's, security Groups, elastic IP's, Key pairs and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones in development, testing environments.
- Managed AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation of Chef. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Install and maintain the Splunk adds-on including the DB Connect 1, Active Directory LDAP for work with directory and Dynamo database.
- Developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Maintained Chef Servers and management application that are used to build and deployment of existing Java applications environment
- Written several chef cookbook and recipes to automate the installation of web logic domain and JDK installations and have customized recipes from chef super market to align with current requirements.
- Established chef best practices approach to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created Pods and managed Pods using Kubernetes
- Carried automated Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration (CI) tool Jenkins. Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Ant.
- Developing Python scripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/ prod environments using Python OS modules
- Integrated Jenkins with repositories like GitHub to build Automation tool (Maven) and artifact repository for pushing successful build code.
- Modeled and automated the End to End Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery pipeline which included building a Continuous Integration server utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Subversion, GIT, Ant and Sonar.
- Using routers and switches defined and configured physical network topologies. Also, maintained and troubleshoot network infrastructure issues and TCP/IP Network services.
Environment: AWS, AMI, Elastic IP’s, Splunk, LDAP servers, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Python, Maven, GIT, ANT, Kubernetes, TCP/IP Network protocols
UNIX/ Linux Administrator
- Created and maintained Python scripts for Automating Build and Deployment Process. Utilized Nagios based Open Source monitoring tools to monitor Linux Cluster nodes
- Developed the Shell scripts, Ruby scripts and python scripts to automate the system level activities and to run the API calls and parsing through the outputs of the REST API calls
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, and firewalls in both development and production
- Responsible for building and supporting Solaris/Linux/AIX/HP-UX servers
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Exception Handling, Collection APIs to implement features
- Creating and maintaining client's data interface utilizing either SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, and firewalls in both development and production.
Environment: Windows, Linux, Python, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP, Apache, SSH, MySQL and Java.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers
- Performed processes administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes/sub processes.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Ability to write scripts in SHELL, Python to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Worked on Core Java and its libraries in creating the Java web application's business Logic.
- Wrote shell scripts for Automated Back- ups and Cron Jobs using shell, bash and python.