- Over 8 years of IT experience in Administration, Automation and Operation across various platforms (UNIX, LINUX and Windows) with profile of Cloud DevOps, middleware Admin as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation, Auto scaling, CloudFront, IAM, S3, and R53
- Configured AWS CloudWatch, Simple notification service (SNS) for real time monitoring and alerting of deployed applications and EC2 instances.
- Implemented for high availability using AWS Elastic load balancer (ELB), to perform load balancing Across multiple availability zones.
- Can manage and migrate physical servers (Linux, Windows) to Cloud such as AWS, Docker and ensure they operate properly.
- Created windows virtual machines and supported windows workloads using with ARM portal and PowerShell.
- Implemented Azure SQL Databases - create and configured the SQL Databases and restoring the database.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, and Auto-Scaling.
- Capable of configuring and integrating the servers with different environment and creating new machines using configuration management/provisioning tools like CHEF, ANSIBLE and PUPPET.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat, WebSphere and JBOSS.
- Worked with build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as .war &. ear from source code.
- Familiar with most popular scripting, and languages Python, Perl, PowerShell,Ruby.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker and Kubernetes (K8S) Containerization.
- Experience with Jenkins for implementing end-to-end automation.
- Experience in Agile Development- JIRA for management of agile team projects, application cluster deployments, Load Balancing and Fail over functionality in clustered environment.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP).
- Experience with networking load balancers such as Nginx, HAProxy.
- Experience in source code management tools such as SVN, GIT.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, SonarQube
- Having knowledge on java based application deployments to maintain Dev/Qa/Stress/Prod environments.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with and creation and administration of virtual machines on VMWareESXi and Infrastructure.
- Experience in Monitoring teams to identify and troubleshoot issues on servers using Nagios tool.
- Experience working with various SDLC groups (Development, QA, Configuration Management) on project work as well as solving real time production system issues.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, highly motivated, independent learner with exceptional communication skills set.
- Excellent Client relation skills and the drive to complete task effectively and efficiently where customer services and technical skills are demanded as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all the levels of management and the client community.
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux, Ubuntu, Windows, CentOS, Windows server 2008,2012,2016
Languages: PowerShell, Perl, Python, Ruby, XML, Groovy, HTML, SQL, Java/J2EE
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN
Databases: Oracle, MySQL
Virtualization: AWS, Azure,OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, Nutanix
Other Tools: Jira, BitBucket, Nagios, Eclipse,SonarQube, Junit
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Writing playbooks to deploy services on cloud, applications and to write modules in Ansible for implementing automation of continuous deployment.
- Involved in writing various custom Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Created playbooks for deploying of Linux and windows on vmware vsphere, vmware guest modules in Ansible
- Worked extensively on automation engine Ansible that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration.
- Used Ansible and Ansible tower(AWX) as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deployed critical applications and proactively managed the changes.
- Maintained Ansible playbooks using Ansible roles, utilized file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Using Ansible to manage web applications configuration files with YAML scripting.
- Creating inventory and configuring the ansible.cfg files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Worked as DevOps/AWS Engineer which include Maintenance and Automation of infrastructure.
- Installation, Configuration of instances on AWS, RedHat Linux servers, build and deployments.
- Leading Iaas platform technical team, related to the Case management, onboarding new engineers, L3 support and technical guidance.
- Helping customers in deploying the Microsoft Azure best practices.
- Maintaining maximum uptime and maximum capacity for non-Prod and Prod Enterprise Systems.
- Involved in Migrating on-prem servers to Nutanix cloud.
- System Administration support for RedHat Linux servers, Amazon Web Services and resolving helpdesk tickets.
- Maintaining and Stabilizing the applications running in Confidential .
- Maintaining the server inventory.
- Using virtualization technologies such as VMware Vsphere client to manage the servers.
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
- Involving in day-to-day monitoring activities of RHEL6/7 machines and Application Servers, Build and Deployments of Java web services. Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end-to-end build and deployment automation.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins). And Continuous delivery environment (Puppet).
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins and puppet.
- Able to create scripts for system administration, AWS and Azure using languages such as PowerShell and Python.
- Worked on Complex Azure migrations by migrating the resources between different tenants, Subscriptions and accounts.
- Worked on Azure Disk related issues such as Expanding, adding new disks, creating large disks up to 4TB and IOPS issues.
- Helping customers in configuring Azure VM availability sets and Load balancers.
- Helping customers in managing and maintaining the Storage Azure accounts.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and Branch/merge processes.
- Improving Continuous Integration workflow using Virtual Environments like Docker and automated Build process using Docker and similar tools.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, and END-END build and deploy setup using Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins&CHEF to perform automated CI Builds and Deployments.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal and written recipes and cookbooks for configuring server side through Chef.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Worked with development, testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
Environment: Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Chef, Docker, AWS, Nagios, Azure, SVN, GIT, Python, Tomcat, RDS, Puppet, Ansible, Amazon EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL).
Confidential, Charleston, SC
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Built, deployed and managed OpenStack Environment using Mirantis Fuel 7.0 for PCF bosh deployments.
- Migrated VM's from VMware ESXi to OpenStack Environment using virt-v2v packages. As an OpenStack admin, managed creation of new users, tenant and assigning resource quotas to OpenStack users using Keystone
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tools.
- Proposed, Implemented and maintained New Branching strategies for development teams to support trunk, development baseline codes along with several feature branches.
- Responsible for defining branching&merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins&Maven as build framework tools.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Installed and configured Infrastructure Automation Tool Puppet. Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Written pre-& post commit hook scripts to accommodate various development requests.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Puppet and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Production Environments
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
Environment: Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Docker, OpenStack, AWS, Nagios, Azure, Docker, Jira, Nginx, SVN, GIT, Tomcat, Puppet, Ansible, Amazon EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL).
- Manage daily builds and deployments to multiple SIT environments.
- Used Python script to configure the WebLogic application server in all the environments
- Written Perl and Shell Scripts to perform deployments to Tomcat Web servers.
- Implemented software engineering best practices around software release, tools and IT management.
- Coordinating database drops, debugging builds and deployment issues.
- Implemented a complete automated build-release solution using a combination of technologies like Maven, Ant.
- Performed automated code check-outs in Git and created branches.
- Verifying submitted by development groups TR forms and insuring requested changes were part of build or deployment.
- Developing Automation for deployment, Ant and shell script.
- Extensively used Maven and Ant for building applications.
- Initially used Ant for writing build.xml for building Java/J2ee applications later migrated to Maven.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for Dot Net application deploys, service installs and for Windows patches/upgrades
- Performed automated labeling after every build.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, and recipes to automate deployment environment configuration. Implemented Chef recipes files for automating the deploy processes. Configured multiple chef cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Docker, Nagios, Azure, SVN, GIT, Tomcat, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL), Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, JIRA.
- Assist with day - to-day administration on RHEL which includes Installation, upgrade & loading patch management & packages.
- Set up dedicated environments for Development, Staging and Production.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and document an undocumented server infrastructure.
- Setup and maintain continuous integration to automatically deploy to the dev environment.
- Manage configuration and control change using Puppet.
- High availability setup basic load balancing and failover for essential services.
- Created a highly available web server infrastructure for the company's web application.
- Helped setup failover for the company's database server.
- Maintained CentOS 5&6 and RHEL servers.
- Maintained Linux policy and iptables firewall rules.
- Migration of physical hardware between datacenters.
- Migration of production services from an undocumented infrastructure into new infrastructure.
- Scripting in Bash, Python.
- Automation of tasks such as backup and deployment.
- Setup/upgrade server memory and hard disks.
- Partition hard drives.
- Perform other basic maintenance.
- Experience with Master-slave configurations.
- Load balancing and redundancy.
- Configuration of crucial rewrite rules.
- Setup log rotation.
Environment: Subversion, CentOS, Puppet, Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL), Apache Tomcat, ANT, Perl Scripts, MAVEN, Python, Shell scripting.
Linux/ UNIX Administrator
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.0/5.0 and Centos 5.
- Configured kickstart server and updating and applying patches to the servers using proxy server.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Performed day-to-day Systems Administration activities such as User Administration and Security Management, Disk Management, Package Installation, Storage Management and disaster recovery.
- Provided IT support services, included network support plans, managed services, network installation and integration, security and project consulting solutions.
- Provided first and second line support to users and resolved critical issues.
- Perform application software installations, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Monitoring and log management on UNIX and Linux servers, including processes, crash and swap management, with password recovery and performance tuning.
- Ensured backups are completed successfully.
- Performed 2nd and 3rd level support of RedHat Linux and UNIX operating systems and associated applications.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
Environment: Subversion, Team City, Apache Tomcat, VMware, Java/J2EE, ANT, Perl Scripts, MAVEN, Hudson, UNIX, LINUX, Python, WebSphere, Shell scripting.
- Installed, configured and updated RedHat Linux and Ubuntu.
- Worked actively on applying new patches and packages for Linux Servers and handled issues arising out of them.
- Designed and implemented IT infrastructures such as data center, servers, storage, backup and virtualization.
- Supported, Troubleshoot and deployed web application servers such as WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat servers.
- Solved tickets related issues, User creation, Accesses, Permissions, file system creations and enable and removing monitoring for file systems.
- Backed up and restored files across the network
- Maintained and monitored System activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Created File systems, Partition and managing disk quotas, System Backup/ Restore both in Linux/Windows platforms.
Environment: Subversion, Team City, Apache Tomcat, ANT, UNIX, RedHat LINUX, Ubuntu, Python, WebLogic, JBOSS, Shell scripting.