- Overall 7 years of experience in IT Industry comprising of Linux Systems Administration and DevOps Engineer which includes Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build/Release Management, Infrastructure automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using different tools.
- Expertise in Automation, Configuration, and Linux System Administration using varieties of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools using Agile Methodologies.
- Capable of configuring and management of monitoring and repository management tools. Expertise on several cloud services and docker management tools.
- Working knowledge with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Experience in Converting existing AWS Infrastructure to Server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Hands on experience in writing policies and integration of AWS - IAM with on premises active directory.
- Understanding of cloud offerings in the marketing and ability to discuss cloud architectures; familiarity/Strength with AWS and related AWS services.
- Fluent in several software lifecycle models, including Waterfall, SDLC, and Agile.
- Expertise in Automation, Configuration, and Linux System Administration using varieties of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools using Agile Methodologies.
- Working Knowledge with Version Control tools such as Subversion/Git Branching, Merging Strategies, migrating projects from Subversion repositories to GitHub Enterprise repositories through Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case and VSS.
- Worked on GIT for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven.
- Involved in writing the Maven and Gradle scripts for the configuration of J2EE applications.
- Modularized unstructured Maven scripts and utilized properties file for reducing the complexity and making it more manageable. Debugged performance related issues with Maven scripts and helped improved the build process.
- Proficiency in writing Bash Scripts, Perl Scripts (hash and arrays), Power Shell Script, Python programming for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Good knowledge in Infrastructure as Code by using Terraform and CloudFormation and Worked on creating Cloud Formation templates for dev, test, staging and production.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies like Docker, Mesos, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experienced in working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes Infrastructure and Microservice Container Orchestration.
- Experience in Utilize configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Very good understanding and working knowledge of Orchestrating application deployments with Ansible.
- Automate Deployment using Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous deployments.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Experience in Bug Tracking, Project Management tools like JIRA, ClearQuest and HP Quality Center.
- Having work experience in support of multi platforms like UNIX, Ubuntu, RedHat, RHEL, Fedora and Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8 of production, test and development servers.
- Configured Networking Concepts DNS, NIS, NFS and DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Expertise with monitoring tools for debugging performance issues includes Nagios, Splunk and logging tools like ELK.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/ Confidential, Build Forge, Atlassian Bamboo.
Build Tools: Apache ANT, Maven, Gradle, Microsoft Build.
Automation /Container Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes.
Artifact Repository Management Tools: Artifactory, Nexus, JFrog.
Cloud Providers: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, GCP.
Bug Tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA, REMEDY, HP Service Management.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, ELK Stack.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, GitHub, Atlassian Bitbucket, GitLab s.
Security Tools: Veracode, Qualys.
Operating systems: Linux, RHEL4.x/5.x/6.x/7, CentOS5.x/6.x/7&Ubuntu12.x, 14.x & Windows2008/2012, Debian.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g,11g, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB.
Application Servers/Middleware: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Nginx.
Scripting: SHELL, Power Shell, Python, Groovy, Ruby, Perl, VB Scripting.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, which included managing application in the cloud and creating instances.
- Designed, Architected and implemented the Platform as a service built for Multi-tenant platform within the Hybrid cloud infrastructure within AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, SES, SNS services.
- Extensively involved in Managing Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Chef Server.
- Worked with Chef Automate, configured multiple runner nodes. Worked on Setting up Chef Workstation, various cookbooks, recipes and attributes which are responsible for automated deployment of various Azure Paas Components with help of ARM templates and CHEF.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC Managed IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements and worked as Admin.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers cost using Cloud Watch.
- Involved in using Terraform to migrate legacy and monolithic systems to AWS, worked with Confidential for creating identical AMI’s for multiple platforms from a single source configuration.
- Deep demonstrable experience of having worked on an Azure platform with working applications with production usage in an Enterprise, large-scale deployments, Azure PaaS and IaaS services.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacentre using Azure Express Route for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets. Worked on creating Azure VM, Cloud Services and Storages by using Azure Power-Shell Script.
- Continually monitored cost and operational efficiencies, performed Cloud Benchmarking to benchmark the performance of Azure instances.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and Worked on the GitHub.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Experienced in writing Terraform templates that can spin up infrastructure for multi-tier application and provisioned boot strapped software on Cloud with terraform.
- Used of Docker, Kubernetes and Open Shift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Created Docker images using a Docker File, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods .
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Support and enhance SDLC cycle by using Docker containers delivered to OpenShift Container Platform.
- Used Configuration management tools and provisioning tools in CI/CD pipelines and finally Release and pipeline orchestration completes the CICD pipeline.
- Expert in maintaining and using Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Wrote an Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Integrated JIRA and Jenkins with regards to Release Noted creation and updates. Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments & checking out the code from GIT and use Ant/Maven to build Jar, war, tar and ear artifacts.
- Managing and Architecting many virtual servers, monitoring of Application and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Generated reports on different bugs & tickets using JIRA as Bug tracking created & solved blocked/unassigned tickets.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
Environment: Java, Python, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Nginx, Nagios, GIT, AWS EC2, Route53, VPC, Auto-Scaling, Azure, ELB, Shell Scripts, Power Shell Script, Ansible, Agile, Jira.
Confidential, Omaha, Nebraska
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Working as part of DevOps Team for different internal automation and build configuration management.
- Deep understanding of existing AWS technologies and experience with integrated public cloud services.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Evaluate Chef framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Enabled Logging on S3 bucket access, VPC flow, CloudTrail, AWS configuration, IAM, AWS inspector, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, AWS API gateway, EC2 Application servers.
- Used Python and Perl as scripting language.
- Utilized Chef for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Deployed and supported staging and production workloads on GCP, Setup and establish Network connectivity to Confidential to be scalable unto 150 applications
- Worked on Chef to manage the infrastructure such as Access policy and permissions, Load balancers and Autoscaling policy.
- Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better configuration management. Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Written chef cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, web logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline and installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move into different environments and create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Setup Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git and used AWS code deploy plugin to deploy into AWS.
- Created Jenkins Workflows for pre-deployment process (DB execution, Environment, configuration changes etc.) on both QA and preproduction Environments.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Experience working on configuration management in Linux using Puppet there by developing Puppet Modules for provisioning applications and scripts.
- Experience on SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Bitbucket and TFS for branching, merging, and automation processes across the Linux and Windows platforms.
- Used GIT for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven.
- Writing Json templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub (sub version control).
- Used Docker to showcase the build micro services to modularize design and isolate the development of containers.
- Expert level knowledge in implementing the Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker Swarm, and Docker Container Network.
- Initially thought of using Kubernetes then finally decided to use Docker swarm because Docker swarm is integrated with Docker daemon.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Highly participated in Linux/Ubuntu administration along with other functions managing different server's like Apache/Tomcat and databases such as Oracle, MySQL.
- Strong scripting knowledge (Bash/Perl Scripting) to perform different administration tasks.
- Implemented automations tools like Jenkins and deployed monitoring tools like Nagios, wrote custom monitors and alerts based of Nagios.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Participated and contributed effectively in daily stand-up, sprint review, sprint demo and retrospective meetings in Agile and In PI planning.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, bash, Perl, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Git, AWS, MySQL, Nagios, Oracle 11g, Web services, JFrog, Agile, Linux, DynamoDB, Jira.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Setting up the build automation for Java base project by using VSTS and Maven.
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Maintained and administrated GIT source code tool. Defined dependencies and plugins in maven for various activities and integrated maven with GIT to manage and deploy project.
- Experience in configuring VSTS build and release definitions, package management.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules. Build and deployed the java applications onto different environments.
- Configured remote backup & automated through script.
- Responsible for large-scale Ansible implementation and maintenance. Ansible playbooks creation, testing and implementation.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology, Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs. Configured Docker container for branching purposes
- Experience in setting Maven repository and pom.xml, Ant build.xml and managed the maven artifacts using Nexus repository.
- Extensively used Ant scripts to perform the builds and wrote a few build.xml for application development teams.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Work as a JIRA Admin for creating the stories and assign them to the developer and QA teams.
- Used Python scripts to update content in the database and manipulate files.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Involved in Scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Monitoring the performance of the server through Splunk monitoring tool.
- Provided 24/7 on call supports on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Red Hat Linux.
Environment: Git, Ant, Maven, VSTS, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Apache Tomcat, Splunk, Red Hat 5/6.x, Agile, Shell Scripts, Eclipse, UNIX/LINUX, Oracle10g.
Sr. Linux Administrator/ Build and Release Engineer
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading, Patching, Configuring and Administrating Red Hat Linux (RHEL).
- Written modules to install and configure Apache Tomcat and JDK.
- Installing, configuring, and administering DNS, NFS, NIS, Mail servers, FTP servers RPM servers on Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux platforms.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and debugging Scripts.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- Creating user accounts, user administration, local and global groups on Solaris and Red Hat Linux platform.
- Install and configured TOMCAT server for Solaris and Windows connectivity.
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Confidential, Ant, MS Build, and Subversion.
- Excellent working experience of GIT branching/tagging, creating new and managing existing Repository, Team Foundation Version Control. Created Build Jobs and Deployments in Confidential .
- Developed Confidential jobs to automatically manage, test, and deploy code and applications.
- Deploying newly built code and removal of old code using WebSphere Admin Console.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on Linux environments using shell scripting.
- Provided end-user straining for all Tortoises SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell.
- Implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios to monitor services like CPU, Hard drive, Memory utilization, Users, HTTP, SSH etc.
- Monitor ticket queue to attend user and system calls, attend team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Installs Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Works with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations.
- Administrated perforce and created users and provide access to them based on their roles. Written shell and Python scripts to take automatic backup every day.
- Designed, tested and deployed VMware View VDI desktop support for internal & external end-users.
Environment: Red hat Linux 5/6.x, TCP/IP, UNIX/LINUX, Oracle10g, Kernel, TCP/IP, GIT, Confidential, Jenkins, Ant, JIRA, WebLogic Server 11g, RAID, Shell, Python, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat 5.5, Nagios.
- Installed, configured and hardened Solaris and Linux servers, evaluated needs and installed appropriate recommended patches as needed.
- Administered and maintained Red Hat 4.x/5.x, troubleshoot hardware, operating system, applications & network problems, and performance issues.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Kickstart for Linux.
- Primary support to all kind of issues for all Linux platforms.
- Developing/executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting/analyzing problems.
- Imported and managed multiple applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Responsible for collection and interpretation of data’s and log files entries with the aim to predicting current operational capacity and future network necessities.
- Involved in gaining well understanding skills of Linux RedHat based Linux infrastructure and operations.
- Implementation of Samba to help printing and file sharing in the mixed Environment.
- Kernel tuning, writing shell scripts for system maintenance and file management.
- Implement and support system patch management using RPM & YUM.
- Experienced in Shell scripting (Bash) to automate system administration jobs.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Participating in release/milestone planning and scheduling with the product team.
- Planned and implemented various Oracle Tables, stored Procedure, triggers, views, cursors.
- Involved in the analysis, definition, design, implementation and deployment of full software development life-cycle (SDLC) of the project.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4.0,5.0, Apache Web Servers, shell scripts, SAMBA, UNIX, RPM servers, SVN, Oracle, Solaris.