- 8 years of experience in IT industry covering Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, automating, building, releasing of code between environments and deploying to servers. Main emphasis on AWS Cloud/DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline). Extensively worked on Linux, Unix and MS Windows administration.
- Experienced in the phases of the SDLC with focus on the build & release, quality of software and involved with teams that worked on Scrum, Agile Software Development and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Strong experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Puppet, Ansible, Tomcat, GitLab, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Good understanding of Amazon services like EC2, S3, RDS, Cloud Watch, Lambda and experience in AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) such as creating users, groups, assigning roles to groups.
- Experience on AWS for deploying of EC2 instances consisting of various flavors like Amazon Linux AMI, RHEL, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu server, Microsoft Window Server2012.
- Worked on Building servers using AWS Cloud Formation scripts like Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, implementing Auto - Scaling, ELBs, Security groups in the defined VPC.
- Good Experience in Provisioning of IaaS & PaaS Virtual Machines and Web\Worker roles on Microsoft Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager.
- Hands-on Experience with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways and Auto-Scaling.
- Experience migrating application and Infrastructure on-premises to Azure and between various cloud platforms, implementing and deploying workloads on Azure VM’s.
- Good experience in installing, configuring Private Cloud Foundry (PCF) Ops Manager, App Manager, LDAP authorization, loggregator for logs in ELK/Splunk.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to build, test and deploy applications on Google's framework for the web, portable, and backend arrangements.
- Hands-on Experience in Google container builders and GCP client libraries and cloud SDK's and Used GCP HTTP(S) load balancing with Google Cloud storage buckets.
- Skilled in building private cloud infrastructure of OpenStack, deploying and maintaining them in production and tested OpenStack environment i.e. Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Keystone & Glance.
- Hands on experience with Terraform key features such as Mapping complex dependencies, Infrastructure as code, Change Automation, Resource Graphs and Execution plans.
- Worked for creating and designing the Terraform templates and create custom sized VPC’s, Network Address Translation (NAT) subnets, for build and deployment automation.
- Good experience with Chef for Configuration Management, Deployment integrated with Jenkins and Installed Server Enterprise On-premise, Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Designed Ansible playbooks to automate in AWS services and worked on Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, deploy critical applications and manage the changes.
- Hands on Experience on Puppet Server, Puppet workstation and Puppet DB to configure nodes to server infrastructure, experience in developing Puppet manifests for Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere applications.
- Expertise in setting up Docker containers infrastructure and CI for building and deploying Docker containers and Worked on Microservices for CD using Docker services.
- Worked on Installing and configuring Kubernetes for the Orchestration of Docker Images, deploying applications on Docker containers in Kubernetes and Cluster management on AWS using Kubernetes Operations (KOPS).
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring for CI and for automation, build and deployments and Built jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GITHub repos.
- Good knowledge on installation and configuration of TeamCity and worked on the browser-hosted interface, creating build scripts to manage the build process using MS Build.
- Created GIT workflows, Configured and Deployed GIT with branching, fork, tagging, and notifications, proficient in deploying and administering GITHub.
- Extensive experience using Maven as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts from source code and Build scripts in Jenkins to move between various environment.
- Knowledge on Integrating the prevailing Ant scripts to automate the quality report generation process for the present legacy-based applications.
- Experience in Monitoring server’s flexibility by Nagios with both agent-based and agentless and supervised the availability uptime and response time of every node in the network.
- Worked on designing the Splunk dashboard and queries, creating apps for Enterprise Security and good knowledge on Log Analyzing and improving the server’s performance.
- Worked on New Relic Infrastructure, integrated with AWS, Kubernetes, Azure, Nginx and created unique queries for the deeper understanding of data and other inventory changes.
- Good Experience in Python Scripting, PowerShell and Bash Scripting in building Custom Utilities, Web Apps, Data Visualization for Task Automation and Application Development.
- Experience in automating builds on Java/J2EE projects using Maven and deployed them on various environments using Ansible.
- Worked on Migrating .Net applications to Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Hands on experience in performing tasks in Databases like Oracle, MySQL and worked on setting up Databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket.
- Hands on experience with popular Unix/Linux distribution Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, OEL, Solaris and proficient in installation, configuration and administration of RHEL on the servers.
- Experienced in Windows & VMware server automation by scripting language Power shell, VB Script and Created Build environments on Windows servers for installing Build software and Build Setups.
Virtualization: Docker, AWS, OpenStack, Vagrant, TFS, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
Version control system: GIT, BitBucket, SVN
Operating System: Linux 4/5/6 (RHEL, Suse, CentOS (5/6), Debian, Ubuntu), Unix and Windows.
Scripting & Programming: Perl, Shell, Ruby, Groovy, YAML, Python, Java, XML, HTML
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Build/Automation Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, Maven, Ant
Code Quality Analysis & Artifact Repository: SonarQube, Nexus, Artifactory
Network Services & Topologies: LDAP, DNS, FTP, LAN, VPC, WAN, FIREWALLS.
Testing tools: JUnit, Testing and DBUnit.
Ticketing/Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP QUALITY Center, OrangeScrum
Database Systems: SQL Server, My SQL, No SQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB
Sr. Cloud Engineer
Confidential, American Fork, Utah
- Worked with Access Control (IAM) of Azure Subscriptions, Azure AD, Azure AD Application Proxy, Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Pass through Authentication and Skilled in Configuration, Deployment, Management and Infrastructure automation in an IaaS and PaaS environment in Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365). Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Configure CI from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure CD to automate the deployment of applications to Azure web apps.
- Worked on AWS cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud. Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3 and EBS. Evaluate Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Server migration using cloud services like AWS from physical to cloud environment. Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS. Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Design hybrid AWS Route 53 and F5 load balancing solutions. Setup code repositories Like GIT, SVN, And Visual SVN and managed plug-in for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code and Load balancing with F5.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers and Created scripts in Terraform to launch in common platform services like CI/CD tool Jenkins and Configuration Management Tool Chef.
- Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and Used Terraform scripts to Automate Instances for Manual Instances that were launched before.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build and deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process. Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various Chef nodes.
- Worked with Ansible On-premise like writing the script in workstation and pushing that on to the server and automate Configuration Management.
- Deploying multi-stack software builds to various environments (VMs, Cloud instances, etc.) using automation tools like Ansible and Chef, minimizing downtime.
- Have experience of working with Docker, Docker hub, pulling images from Docker hub, running containers based on an image, creating Docker file to manage customized containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and setup the automated build on Docker Hub and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes Infrastructure and Microservice Container Orchestration.
- Developed DEV/TEST/PROD environments of different applications on GCP by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on instances using Docker, Bash, Chef.
- Created Jenkins CI/CD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated JUnit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for Code quality check.
- Developed the Jenkins Architecture, with Master and Slave Systems and Maintained Artifacts in Repositories such as Nexus and GIT.
- Maintained the branching and build strategies utilizing GIT. Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Configured local Maven repositories with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Created Splunk applications and deploy using Splunk Deployment Server. Analyze logs in the application by using Splunk.
- Developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Developed PowerShell scripts for automation of the build and release process and managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Deployed .NET applications in Azure Virtual Machines using application less servers with Azure Container Service (AKS) in Proof of Concept (POC).
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Create, deploy and manage Windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM between clusters or within the same cluster.
Environment: Windows Azure, VSTS, IAM, Azure AD, GCP, CDN, Terraform, Jenkins CI/CD, Chef, Ansible, Docker-Docker hub, Kubernetes, Maven, Nexus, Nagios, Splunk, Shell, Python, VPC, Autoscaling, Apache, Tomcat, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, .Net, SQL, AKS, POC, Windows VM.
Sr. DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain highly available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS cloud formation and Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Triggered AWS Lambda when data is managed in Amazon S3 and Data Validations, filtering every data and load the transformed data to AWS Redshift.
- Creating S3 buckets, managing policies for S3 buckets, Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS, Worked on creating Event triggers on S3 whenever a particular file is uploaded or placed into an AWS's S3 bucket.
- Created Load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance, Configured Route 53 and DNS failover and configured latency based routing and weighted routing policies in AWS Route 53.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, SKinesis) deployed via Terraform or AWS Cloud formation.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation/Terraform to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web Applications and database templates.
- Worked on troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing patterns for large-scale developments and deployments on Cloud Foundry.
- Application Deployment on PCF using CF push and Urban code deploy. Also, PCF backup for all the environments and set-up Jenkins maven build automation with uploads to PCF.
- Used Bash and Python included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system and made use of Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Automated the monthly patching process using Chef recipes. Participated in on-call rotation. Managed a GITHub server, and a Sonatype nexus server.
- Involved in writing various Custom Ansible Playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Creation and maintenance of content for the Ansible community, and implementation of Ansible modules based on customer and community requirements.
- Used Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on application servers with Ubuntu instances through Swarm Cluster.
- Automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB, Docker Swarm, and Vagrant and Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the Test environments and Dev-environments needs.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers and Accessing the Prometheus Dashboard.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process and Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests,
- Involved in converting existing Jenkins jobs into the new pipeline process and prepared document on process of migrating Jenkins jobs from development environment to production server.
- Worked closely with building Artifacts using Maven as a build tool Github as centralized repository with Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds, Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Worked with New Relic for monitoring performance like browser and for tracking issues in SQL statements, software, operating system, and hardware resources.
- Worked on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using New Relic, ElasticSearch, Log stash and Kibana.
- Created Python scripts to, totally automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, EC2 and database, Security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Worked on providing Zero Downtime Deployment of Java and Web applications to Test and Production servers using AWS ECS Clusters and ELB.
- Worked on NoSQL database such as MongoDB, DynamoDB to replica setup and sharding. Also experienced in managing replica set.
- Experience in monitoring the availability & performance of Red Hat Linux Servers and Developed and supported the RHEL based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
Environment: AWS Lambda, S3 buckets, ELB, Route53, PCF, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Terraform, AWS, Chef, GITHub, Ansible, Swarm, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, New Relic, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Kibana, ECS, ELB, NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, RHEL.
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including VPC, Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, ELB.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Integrated existing systems into AWS/EC2 cloud infrastructure. Built/maintain a puppet master server and used that to push out bi-weekly application updates.
- Highly involved in Configuring and monitoring distributed and multi-platform servers using Chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Written Ansible handlers with multiple tasks to trigger multiple handlers and to decouple handlers from their names, making it easier to share handlers among Playbooks and Roles.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with Ansible.
- Installed and configured TeamCity, Octopus deploy on EC2 virtual machines, and created Continuous Integration pipelines to build the code.
- Implemented Micro-services build upon Spring Boot Services and created workflows on TeamCity for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD.
- Performed SVN to BitBucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in BitBucket.
- Created Docker images that handled Tomcat installation using major versions on the existing Maven-based image and then worked on building and testing these images.
- Maintained Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with specified configuration in maven configuration files.
- Experience in monitoring servers with Nagios Remote Plugin Executor (NRPE) plugin in Nagios tool. Worked with logging/monitoring such as Nagios and AWS CloudWatch.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Windows servers and uses the Nagios for the windows performance monitoring.
- Developed UNIX and bash Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation and Performed tasks in Databases like Oracle, MySQL and MSSQL.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
Environment: VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS, JSON, AWS/EC2, Chef, Python, AWS, Ansible handlers, TeamCity, Micro-services, SVN, BitBucket, Docker images, Maven, Nagios Remote Plugin Executor, Python, UNIX, Bash, RDBMS, Oracle, MySQL and MSSQL, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, CentOS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment using Puppet.
- Used to create and manage Puppet Modules for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Execute user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries. Expert in user management and plugin management for Jenkins.
- Created the Master/Slave pattern for Jenkins to distribute the load and builds around the build farm associated with the releases and using Version Control Tool for source codes repository SVN.
- Using Technologies like Chef Installed, configured & administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines, for CI & CD into Tomcat Application server.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Involved in writing ANT build files, for the build (Creation of JAR, WAR, and EAR) and deployed of the application on the target test as well as production servers.
- In the production environment implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Developed Python based API (Restful Web Service) to track sales and perform sales analysis using Flask, SQL Alchemy and PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in Scripting languages like Linux, Shell scripting, Bash, Perl scripting and Writing and plug in a generic Bash script for deployment for commerce-based access and entitlement.
- Implemented Core Java design patterns e.g. singleton, factory pattern to optimize the performance of the application.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET and applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion and AnthillPro.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
Environment: Puppet, Puppet Modules, SVN, Chef, ANT, Nagios, Flask, SQL, Alchemy, PostgreSQL, Linux, Shell, Bash, Perl, Java, J2EE, PHP, .NET, IDE, Eclipse, Subversion, AnthillPro, Linux, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Kickstart, QA/ UAT.
- User Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Scripting done in administrative and management tasks using Shell, Bash, Python for automated administrative jobs and experience on Bourne, Ruby, Perl and C-shell.
- Systems Administrator responsible for centralized Administration / Maintenance of Linux servers, Installation and administration of RHEL 4.x and SUSE 10.x.
- Installation of operating systems and configuration of kernel parameters for Linux/Unix servers and worked on configuring network interfaces, assigning static routes and hostnames.
- Experience in Creating, cloning Linux virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in Redhat Linux that include upgrading Rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring LVM file system, printing issues, connection / network issues etc.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS, NIS, NIS+, RPM and Samba Web servers on Linux platforms for Load Balancing.
- Communicated with the user community and staff to assess needs, resolve problems, and provide technical assistance where necessary relating to Linux administration functions, and software running on Linux platforms such as Apache, WebSphere and MySQL and third-party software.
- Maintained multi-vendor Windows and Linux in environments, while working closely with Storage, Networking, Database and Application Development Teams.
- Custom build of Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers which includes adding users, SAN, network configuration, installing application related packages, managing services.
Environment: Nagios, Shell, Bash, Python, Bourne, Ruby, Perl, C-shell, RHELx, SUSE x, Linux, Unix, VMware, ESX hosts, Redhat, LVM, DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS, NIS, NIS+, RPM, Samba Web servers, Apache, WebSphere, MySQL, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008.
- Implemented the automated Nagios in Ops environment for alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef.
- Using monitoring tools (Nagios, Check MK, OMD etc.) to check for performance and stability within the company infrastructure.
- Developed a shell script for real time monitoring and reporting of status of the application server JVMs and server machines on the internal network using BASH shell on RHEL.
- Create, administer, and maintained User Accounts with stipulated Permissions, group login IDs, security passwords etc. on Linux server platforms security.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers. Installing and configuring Red Hat Linux locally or over the network kick start (NFS, FTP, HTTP)
- Developed an application for automating the build and deployment process in various environments using Servlets, JSP, Apache Ant and Linux BASH script.
- Creation of VMs for SUSE, Solaris x86 and Red hat Linux on VMware ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Provided documentation for standard procedures for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 networking utilization and security.
Environment: Nagios, Check MK, OMD, JVM’s, Redhat 4/5, CentOS 3/4/5 and SUSE Linux 9/10, NFS, FTP, HTTP, SUSE, Solaris x86 and Red hat Linux on VMware ESX 3.5, Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7