- 3 years of experience in automotive powertrain (engine, transmission, driveline) controls Algorithm development
- Experience in MATLAB Simulink/State flow modeling.
- Knowledge of C/C++ in Embedded Coding (Auto - Code).
- Experience with ETAS calibration development toolchain (INCA)
- Familiarity with test environments (vehicle/dyno) and hands-on controls implementation
- Familiar with implementation of rapid prototype controllers and hardware-in-the-loop systems
- Experience with IBM Rational Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for software content, issue, and release management.
- Experience with DFMEA creation, ability to lead/participate in DFMEA reviews.
- Experience working with cross functional teams (e.g. transmission calibration, program management) and self-motivated to make plans and take action with minimal direction
- Experience with communication protocols (CAN, LIN, etc.) and associated development tools
- Ability to read electrical/electronic schematics
- Involved in all stages of V-Model of Software development- Requirement, Design and Testing (Unit Testing, HIL Testing).
Powertrain-Transmission Calibration Engineer
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- Calibrated adaptive gear shift strategy for 8 speed automatic transmission to meet the drivability targets and test-cycle fuel economy, emissions requirements
- In-vehicle testing, validation & calibration development under various climate, altitude, terrain conditions
- Accurately developed and implemented changes to calibration to improve the performance and robustness of the system
- Presented full data report to management and other calibrators
- Delivered complete transmission calibration release and resolved customer complaints by coordinating with transmission shift quality and engine torque control teams
- Perform data acquisition and analysis in the ETAS INCA/MDA environments
Transmission HIL Verification & Validation Engineer
- Reviewed Requirement documents from DOORS tool and provide feedback to maintain high quality of the requirements.
- Identify different scenarios/operating conditions to test a high-level requirement and develop robust reusable Component Level Test Cases to provide optimum test coverage
- Validate the requirements on dSPACE Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) simulator by injecting fault pinouts or loss of communication.
- Developed automated test scripts.
- Worked on engineering and automotive CAN communication Vector Tools - CANoe.
- Analysed validation results and reported issues in the issue tracking system and supported cross functional teams to find the root cause and resolution of the issue.
Transmission Controls/ Algorithm Engineer
- Design and develop automatic transmission control algorithms in the MATLAB Simulink/State flow environment.
- Responsible for developing algorithms and software for transmission and driveline control systems with emphasis on
- Transmission subsystems and their interactions; including clutch, hydraulic, diagnostics and drivability.
- Design and develop new concepts for transmission control algorithms to support new power train systems.
- Develop software functional components for clutch to clutch transmission controller.
- Optimize algorithm design through modeling, simulation, data collection and analysis.
- Maintain and improve control system requirement specification
- Collaborate with calibration team to resolve diverse kinds of issues in areas such as staging clutches for up-shifts/down-shifts, integrating calibrations for various driver and performance modes, garage shifts, shift pressure and line pressure, clutch air purge, clutches pulsing etc.
- Developed C-based SW algorithms for 8/9/10 speed automatic planetary transmission following internal software design, development process.
- Performing in-vehicle and HIL testing to validate TCM software against VF requirements
- Composed test cases to validate and verify requirements and software changes using SIL for SW validation.
- Reporting and analyzing post-test failures and providing suggestions to Requirements team for the same
- Review and implement software changes for software functional components.