- CCNA and CCNP certified network engineer professional with around 8 years of experience in designing, performing Network analysis, troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting complex network systems.
- Deploying, implementing and providing support for Cisco 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3750, 3800, 7200, ASR 1K, 9K routers, Cisco 2900, 3500, 3700, 4000, 4500, 4900, 5000, 5800, 6500, 7600, Cisco Nexus and catalyst, Switches JuniperE series, J series and M series. SRX & VPN, T - Series, MX-Series Routers. Checkpoint (NGX R65, R70 and R71), Firewalls (SRX5400, SRX5600, and SRX5800), Cisco Firewalls (ASA 5505, 5506-X, 5585), Firewall models (5060, 7060)
- Performed Ospf, BGP, EIGRP profile, IPV6, Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR 4300, 1K, 2K, 3K, 7K 9k, Cisco 6500 Series
- Deploying and migrating complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP Ether channel(LACP), Port channels(PagP), STP(PVST+), RSTP and MST from Cisco to Confidential switches
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR 4300, 1K, 2K, 3K, 7K 9K, Nexus 7K and 5K and its devices.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless Networks: LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone APs, Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, RF spectrum characteristics.
- Implemented ServiceNow ITSM applications utilizing ITIL V3 benefits best practice processes, methods, testing, and training projects for multiple, diverse organizations.
- Providing support for voice communications technology and VoIP Protocols.
- Deploying and Migrating MPLS L2, L3 VPN in firewalls.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Site to Site VPN, Remote accessVPN, IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, DMVPN.
- Supports multiple business lines and a network of global data centers through the administration of SSL certificates.
- Extensive development in ServiceNow including Implementation, Customization and Maintenance of ITIL modules such as Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Service Catalog, CMDB in ServiceNow.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution, migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience.
- Up-grading and degrading the OS (IOS, NX-OS, JUNOS) for switches and routers as per requirement.
- Involved in analysis of end user requirements and business rules based on given documentation and worked closely with tech leads and Business analysts in understanding the current ServiceNow system.
- Adding and removing checkpoint firewall policies based on the service requests from different user
- Experience with Net screen Firewall, Sidewinder Firewall, McAfee Web/Email Gateway, Net scout, Blue Coat or Cisco ASA, IPS/IDS.
- Experience with BIG-IP F5 load balancers, version 9.x, 10.x, 11.x.
- Performed F5 appliance (LTM, GTM, APM, and ASM) maintenance and system upgrades including hot fixes and security configurations.
- Worked with F5 based profiles, Virtual IP's, iRules for virtual IP's, monitors and pool members.
- Dealt with F5 load balancing of web traffic and data center environment failover for HA servers, Fabricpath.
- Implementation of DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, HTTPS, web security architecture, Frame Relay, MPLS, ATM, software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Installed and configured databases on Unix/Linux platforms, managing swap configurations, virtualization (VMware ESXi 5, 5.5 and Oracle Virtual Box).
- Responsible for the secure development lifecycle for Cisco's Nexus line of products, including Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) - Cisco's Software Defined Network (SDN) solution, as well as the Cisco Nexus 9k, 7k, 6k, 5k, 4k, & 2k.
- Expertise in Virtualization with vSphere, VMware ESXi 5/4.1/4 and 3.x hosts and Virtual Center server.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Subnetting, VLSM, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 Sonet POS OCX / GigE circuits, Firewalls.
- Experience through Hand-on Experience with configuring T1.5, Gigabit Ethernet, Channelized T3 and full T3, OCX, ATM, Frame-Relay and VOIP (Voice-Over Internet Protocol).
- Experienced working on network monitoring and analysis tools like, Solar Winds, Cisco Works, River Bed, Cisco Prime, NETQOS, EMAN.
- Experience in technical documentation of Change management process and Project documentation using Excel and VISIO.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls as per the design.
- Used tools such as HP Arc Sight, Bluecoat Reporter 9 web proxy, Network Security Manager (NSM, NMN) and Palo Alto to correlate network events/alerts to get a more in-depth analysis of network traffic.
- Extended the support to all unified communications components including troubleshooting, configuration, optimization and design of a multi-cluster environment.
- Knowledge of large-scale Cisco Communication Manager, Messaging, presence and conferencing solution Architecture, Design and installation.
- Reviewing and validating existing telecom services and solutions.
- Experiences with using Virtualization tools like Citrix, VMware, Hyper V.
- A highly-organized individual who adopts a systematic approach to problem solving, effectively analyzes results, and implements solutions.
- Worked with ticketing tools like ServiceNow, Remedy tool.
- Knowledge on Python scripting.
- Worked on security products such as Cisco ISE
- Strong Knowledge on SDN (software defined network).
- Ability to manage all phases of network installation and administration.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving and debugging skills with good verbal/written communications and presentation skills.
- Well organized, Self-starter, Quick learner, Self-motivated, Team player with analytical, technical and communication skills.
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, Windows NT 4.0 (Desktop/Server), Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 Server, Windows XP/Windows 7/8, LINUX, UNIX, MS Exchange server, Solaris, Active Directory.
Equipment’s (Switches, Routers): Cisco routers (7600, 7200, 3900, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series, ASR 9K (9922) and ASR 1K) & Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 4900, 3750, 3500, 4500, 2900 series, Confidential SRX, MX480, 240, 80 series, EX, QFX Series Routers and HP (7000) series Switches.
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP (EBGP/IBGP), RIP, RIP-2, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static Routing, IPV4, IPV6.
Switching: VLAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing &Multi-Layer Switching, Multicast operations, Layer 3 Switches, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging.
Firewalls: ASA 5500 series, Check Point Nokia Firewalls IP350, IP550 & IP750, Confidential Net screen, Firewalls ISG, Cisco PIX & ASA 5500 Series, Checkpoint Firewall NG, NGX, NG R55, NGX 60, NGX R65, R70, R75, UTM.
Load Balancer: ACE Module, F5 Networks (Big-IP) LTM 8900 and 6400, F5 APM, Citrix Net scalar
LAN Technology: Workgroup, Domain, HSRP, DNS, DHCP, Static, VLAN, STP, VTP, Ether Channel, Trunks.
WAN technology: Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, MPLS, leased lines & exposure to PPP, DS1, DS3, OC3, T1 /T3 & SONET.
Various Features &Services: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, CDP, DNS, TFTP, FTP, IOS and Features, Management. Wireshark, IXIA chariot, Packet Sniffer, Packet Analyzer and Solar Winds Breaking Point, TCPDump, Python.
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Diameter, Cisco ACS.
Nodes: 4 node, 10 node, 40 node, 50 node, mobile node
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Detailed design of data connectivity solutions.
- Provide detailed costs to the client engagement teams.
- Implement configurations on devices that fall within the team's purview.
- Installed & Configured Cisco Routers 7200, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, Catalyst Switches: 6500, 5500, 4900, 3550, and 2900s and Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K switches.
- Experience on Cisco ASR 9K series related routers, Confidential SRX, MX and EX devices and Bluecoat Packet shapers.
- Also I have good experience on pulse secure RAS VPN devices for remote end users and good experience in switching and routing JUNOS.
- Coordinate with regional network teams for implementation of the voice and data network design .
- Functional/ Non-Functional Testing to validate proper operation of the network implementation.
- Provide Tier 3 escalation support for network problems impacting the data transport infrastructure of our clients on a global level. Problem management, diagnosis, escalation, tracking and resolution activities may require participation in a regular on-call rotation schedule as part of our 24x7 escalation processes .
- Serve as a point of contact for non-operational questions by client engagement teams , and clients as required.
- Manage vendor and/or product provisioning, procurement, and delivery of WAN hardware, data services hardware and software.
- Studied and analyzed client requirements to provide solutions for network design, configuration, administration, and security.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on the deployment of network technologies.
- Perform traffic engineering analysis on network facilities.
- Manage new connectivity requirements from projects.
- Provide ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems.
- Ordering of network related hardware.
- Involved in the team of Data Center Operations to perform duties like administration and deployment of Cisco routers and switches according to the organization requirements.
- Working experience on Bluecoat Packet shapers S200,S400,12000,7500. Also worked on bandwidth related issues for projects.
- Experience with Word and Visio, creating and maintaining MOPs, Maintenance plans, network drawings, etc
- Configuring Site-to-Site(S2S) and client-to-site (C2S) VPN tunnels on Cisco/ Confidential VPNs between the Confidential on-shore devices and the client locations.
- Experience in CLI and GUI support to intrusion protection and reporting.
- Excellent experience on device migration works and Data center migration works.
- Worked on device upgrade activity like routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs and packet shapers.
- Communicated with vendors to resolve network outages and periods of reduced performance.
- Attending weekly CAB meetings and ensuring all changes were going through the change process.
Environment: Hardware issues, Cisco and Confidential routers, switches and VPNs/Firewalls. Also, Blue coat Packet shapers and pulse secure RAS VPN devices. LAN/WAN Connectivity issues, Remedy and Service Now(SNOW) Ticketing tool, Upgrading systems, Troubleshooting tools Wireshark, SolarWinds, HP NNMI
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Involved in the Configuration and Administration of Cisco and Confidential Routers and Switches.
- Experience working with Nexus 7010, 5548, 5596, 2148, 2248 devices.
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet utilizing 3DES, AES/AES-256 with ASA and Confidential SRX Firewalls
- Configure and troubleshoot Confidential EX series switches and routers at branches/back offices.
- Experience with moving data center from one location to another location, from 6500 based data center to Nexus based data center
- Upgrading code on Palo alto firewalls PA5050/3020 to meet company security policy
- Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewall
- Created documents for various platforms including Nexus 7k, ASR9k, and ASR1k enabling successful deployment of new devices on the network.
- Managing and supporting large scale MPLS & Frame relay on Cisco environment for more than 5000 Retail sites, 100 Distribution centers, 100 offices and 3 datacenters.
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Requirement gathering, Functional Spec/ LLD preparation.
- Involved in Implementation and Configuration (Profiles, I Rules) of F5 Big-IP C-4400 load balancers.
- Network Redesign for Small Office/Campus Locations. This includes changes to both the voice and data environment
- Python scripting for automation of difficult tasks.
- Establish AWS technical credibility with customers and external parties
- Worked on a broad range of topics such as proactive monitoring and maintenance, disaster recovery exercises, and core network repairs
- Advanced expertise and hands-on on Cisco IOS-XR software platform on Cisco 12000 series routers
- Experience working with ASR 9000 series switches with IOS-XR
- Advanced expertise and hands-on on Cisco IOS, IOS-XR 4.1.2 and 4.3.31 software platform on 12000 series routers
- Well Experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Experience with communicating with different with different customers/Vendors, IT teams in gathering the details for the project
- Switching tasks include VTP, ISL/ 802.1q, IPSec and GRE Tunneling, VLANs, Ether Channel, Trunking, Port Security, STP and RSTP.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP servers.
- Replace branch hardware with new 3900 routers and 3750 POE Switches.
- Responsible for layer 2 securities which was implemented using a dedicated VLAN ID for all trunk ports, setting the user ports to non-trunking, deployed port security when possible for user ports
- Involved in configuring Confidential SRX 550, Cisco ASA 5585 firewall and PALOALTO 5050 firewall
- Enabled STP attack mitigation (BPDU Guard, Root Guard), using MD5 authentication for VTP, disabling all unused ports and putting them in unused VLAN and ensuring DHCP attack prevention where needed
Environment: Cisco 2800, 2900, 3900, 7200, 7600, ASR 4300, 1K, 2K, 3K, 7K, 9K, Confidential routers Cisco Catalyst Switch 6500, 4500, 4900, 3500, 3700, 3700, Nexus 9k and 5k, Aruba 3810, 5412 switches, Confidential switches, Cisco ASA 5510, Cisco ACE Load Balancer, Fiber and Ethernet cabling, Ixia XR 2000, Cisco LAN Wireless Controller and Access Points, Remedy Ticketing System.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Network Support analyst
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Provided Tier 2 support as part of the network engineering team for one of the largest privately held WAN environments in the state of Texas incorporating T1, T3, OC3, Gigabit Ethernet, 10Gig, ATM, and MPLS technologies. Maintenance, upgrade, troubleshooting, and reporting of 2500+ Cisco node network with approximately 30, 0000 users across 4 states and 3 countries.
- Provide support for a 40-node Frame Relay network and 4-node ATM OC-3 Campus Backbone network.
- Provided redundancy in a multi homed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) network by tunings AS-path.
- Worked on Confidential J series j230, M 320 routers and EX 3200 series switch.
- Implemented Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) by tuning parameters like pre-emption.
- Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) for Windows to authenticate users that connects to a VPN 3000 Concentrator.
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as metric, origin and local Preference.
- Scripting experience with Pearl.
- Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers.
- Configured OSPF over frame relay networks for NBMA and point to multipoint strategies.
- Configured policy based routing for BGP for complex network systems.
- Configured Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN with Routing Information Protocol (RIP) on the customer's Site.
- Use to be within a team of java and .NET developing applications team.
- Experience with Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) over optical fiber.
- Configuring, Installing and troubleshooting on Check Point Devices.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series and ASR 9k, GSR 12K routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Good knowledge on Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention System.
- Worked on FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP servers in windows server-client environment with resource allocation to desired Virtual LANs of network.
- Responsible for day to day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Configured networks using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP and manipulated routing updates using route-map, distribute list and administrative distance for on-demand Infrastructure.
- Knowledge on multiplex techniques such as DWDM.
- Troubleshoot and Worked with Security issues related to Cisco ASA/PIX, Checkpoint, IDS/IPS and Confidential Net screen firewalls.
- Configured OSPF redistribution and authentication with type 3 LSA filtering and to prevent LSA flooding.
Environment: Worked on Cisco switches 6500, 4500, 4900, 4000, 4300, 3900, 2900, 5500 series, Confidential switches Aruba 3810, 5412 switches, Cisco Catalyst 6509 series with SUP 720, IP routes BGP, OSPF, Cisco LAN switches, Proxy server, Troubleshooting DHCP
- Configured network equipment's (routers, firewalls, & switches) and installed network cable drops; terminated straight-through and crossover Ethernet connections and installation of fiber optics.
- Completed 10 independent, remote deployments of network hardware to client sites nationwide.
- Troubleshoot remedy tickets to resolve network issues and maintain Clients operational capability.
- Created and updated network designs (LAN and WAN) and rack elevations using Microsoft Visio.
- Conducted site surveys to determine and document requirements for security requirements, wiring, network, and specialized equipment. Procured network services and rack space to support customer requirements.
- Performed troubleshooting of complex networks layer 1, 2(Point to Point, ISDN) to layer 3 (routing with MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and RIP protocols) technical issues.
- Used Wire shark for network packet capture.
- Provided support to networks containing more than 2000 Cisco devices.
- Performed troubleshooting for IOS related bugs by analyzing past history and related notes.
- Carried out documentation for tracking network issue symptoms and large scale technical escalations.
- Managed the service request tickets within the phases of troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, fixes, patches and providing all-round technical support.
- Performed Commissioning and Decommissioning of the MPLS circuits for various field offices.
- Prepared feasibility report for various upgrades and installations.
- Performed installation and maintenance of new network connections for the customers.
- Configured all the required devices and equipment for remote vendors at various sites and plants.
- Installed new equipment to RADIUS and worked with MPLS-VPN and TACACS configurations.
- Installed and maintained local as well as network printers.
- Validated existing infrastructure and suggesting new network designs.
- Procured Internet lines (T1, Metro Ethernet, Fast Ethernet) and IP subnet blocks.
- Configured routers, switches, and firewalls for deployments.
- Conducted site surveys to determine and document network requirements.
- Assisted help desk resolution of trouble tickets.
- Involved in Network Performance Analysis and Capacity Management.
- Worked on Catalyst 6509 series with SUP 720, Sup Engine II Plus, processors with various line cards such as 24 port Gig E SFP, 48 port Gig E copper cards.
- Product testing and support for a wide range of products like routers, Layer2/layer3 switches, 802.11 wireless access points (Aruba - 105, 125) etc.
- Differentiated between System and Network issues and provided quick resolutions.
- Worked with IP routes BGP, OSPF and Cisco LAN Switches.
- Updated Microsoft Access database to maintain records of network information (rack spaces, IP blocks, POCs, etc.).
Environment: Worked on Cisco switches 6500, 4500, 4900, 4000, 4300, 3900, 2900, 5500 series, Catalyst 6509 series with SUP 720, IP routes BGP, OSPF, Cisco LAN switches, Proxy server, Troubleshooting DHCP