- About 2 years of experience working as system safety engineer developing final safety case reports for brake systems and reviewing supplier safety work products.
- Knowledge of automotive product life cycle.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing supplier embedded control systems development and functionalities from system safety perspective, knowledge of vehicle dynamics.
- Experience in applying the ISO 26262 methodologies into projects for the complete automotive product life cycles.
- System knowledge - ASIL B, C or D system and ASIL (Automotive safety integrity level) decomposition strategies.
- Support audits on system safety development, processes and deliverables.
- Develop safety test cases for safety validation group using serial data FIT techniques and resolve issues related to unexpected results.
- Develop and approve safety requirements for supplier to implement in their safety design.
- Over 10 years of engineering experience developing troubleshooting test procedures performing validation-verification on test procedures and diagnose/study failure symptoms of electro-mechanical/electronic devices and components.
- Ability to read elementary wiring diagrams and familiarity with circuit theories.
- Performed procedural test on circuit boards using fixtures and consequently do direct testing on components using oscilloscope and multimeter on circuit card assemblies.
- Developed troubleshooting tech manual for vehicle sub systems such as: Power management system, Steering column accessory unit, Height management system, Video display terminal, Climate control unit and other general systems of Confidential.
- 3 years of experience as project lead
- Chaired and lead IPT (Integrated Project Team) meetings with customer
- Secured vendor data as per customer specifications
- Experience performing Root Cause Analysis on system failure modes and assisted Reliability engineering from diagnostics testability perspective, experience using Teamcenter and Vismockup for loading vehicle models, familiarity with CAN Diagnostic tools (CANalyzer & CANoe), Reviewing and implementing Engineering Change Proposals.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management, administrative and cross functional communication skills, government regulations and compliance experience, ISO standards (ISO 18000, 9000 and ISO 26262 safety standards).
- Proven experience as technical interface with customers and ability to lead multi functional teams.
- Organizational capabilities to direct and lead others in a team-based environment.
- Project engineering experience overseeing complex technical projects.
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- Six Sigma Black Belt certified
- Fishbone Diagram
- 5 Why’s, Kaizen, 8D
- DFMEA, FMECA, DOORS
- RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- CMMI Peer Review, PRTS (Problem report tracking system)
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Team center and Vismockup
- Fault Tree Analysis
System Safety Engineer
- Currently working as system safety engineer for integrated brake controller (IBC) systems supplied by the TIER 1 supplier, developing final safety case reports for trucks and SUVs.
- Create and maintain safety program plan and Development Interface Agreement (DIA) with suppliers on GM programs.
- Perform Concept review, Requirements review, Design review and Production review with suppliers on GM products.
- Using ISO 26262 Standards to develop and review safety work products.
- Prepare functional safety concept, evaluate Impact Analysis, safety requirements and its implementation.
- Worked on evaluating safety hazards for Automatic Vehicle hold (AVH) feature and define mitigation strategies for failsafe.
- Derive and approve safety requirements from safety concept.
- Define safety strategies for random hardware failure by analyzing single point and dual point failures in the system.
- Review Hardware Integrity metric with the supplier.
- Define system safe states and develop failsafe strategies.
- Perform failure analysis and define safety requirements for interfaces allocated to Brake controller from Active Safety features like: Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Imminent Braking and Automatic Park Assist.
- Review supplier design safety analysis reports FMEA, FTA for systematic failures (system, hardware).
- Lead functional safety meetings and reviews with suppliers.
- Prepare test case specification for functional safety validation.
- Developed Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA) for Brake systems and assign ASIL ratings to the safety critical hazards.
- Perform Hazard Analysis and Risk assessment and authorizing DVUL (Development vehicle usage level) for vehicle testing.
- Support GM safety audits and investigate safety incidents for criticality and report them to stake holders.
Diagnostics Engineer/ Project Lead
- Worked as Confidential lead leading and planning projects training and mentoring new employees, supervised 6 engineers.
- Planned and scheduled projects related to developing troubleshooting tech manuals for Confidential.
- Represented diagnostics engineering in PDR and CDR meetings to analyze design changes on troubleshooting test procedures.
- Developed troubleshooting test procedures in powertrain and driveline subsystems of Confidential.
- Performed hands on support during validation/verification of tests on vehicle with customer.
- Performed validation and failure mode analysis on vehicle systems and components.
- Developed troubleshooting test procedures for vehicle sub systems such as: Driver’s Instrument Panel, Steering column accessory unit, Height management unit, Power management system, Climate control unit (heaters & AC systems) and Annunciator panel, AFES sensors, Video display terminal and C4ISR (communication system) for Confidential.
- Performed models Interference Analysis and uploaded models using Vismockup and team center.
- Created test procedures for automotive component repair utilizing reverse engineering for cost effectiveness.
- Interacted with other functional groups to perform Root Cause Analysis of failure modes.
- Applied lean methodologies and principles to improve troubleshooting technical manual quality.
- Evaluated Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and provided estimates for overall change impact.
- Involved in determining criticality of vehicle component function to system during SFR phase and generate RCR (Reliability Case Report) performing FMECA.
- Participated in rotational program for 6 months with harness design group.
- Developed validation test reports and created test problem reports.