- Over all 8 + Years’ Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS)including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience in using version controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, IBM Clear Case UCM.
- Extensively worked on Hudson and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all Build and deployments.
- Experience in working with Cloud Platforms - Service Now, AWS.
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI Tools.
- Experience with Red hat Linux, configuration management using Puppet and Chef. Support as part of DevOps team to help deployment using Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo and TeamCity.
- Working experience on version control systems like SVN and Git, Strong troubleshooting skills and system methodologies to analyzes faults and runs diagnostic tests on OS and software stacks
- Excellent knowledge on Java/J2EE and the ability of developing XML, HTML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Have experience on Python Scripting in various projects for automating tasks.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Experience working with AWS Simple calculator to estimate pricing for corporate proposals Implemented and maintained SQS (Simple Queue Services), SNS (Simple Notification Services) and SES (Simple E-Mail Services) for messaging purpose using AWS.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Successfully automated processes to support continuous software deployments.
- Designed project workflows/pipelines with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, bamboo, build forge.
- Experience in building/Managing private clouds with OpenStack.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation Servers on Public Cloud like AWS, Docker.
- Well versed in managing source code repositories like SVN, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Expertise in various Amazon services like EC2, VPC, ELB, EBS, EFS, Volumes and Snapshots.
- Demonstrated ability in installation, configuration and management of provision tools Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Build Tools: Visual Studio, Maven, ANT, Octopus
Programming / Scripting Languages: Java, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, Shell
Server: Apache, Tomcat, MS-IIS, JBoss
Release/Project Management: Microsoft Release Management Server
Issue Tracking/Monitoring: Bugzilla, JIRA, Service Now, CloudWatch, Splunk, Nagios
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Database: DynamoDB, My SQL, Oracle 9i, 10g
Version Control System: Subversion (SVN), GIT, GITHUB, CVS, SVN
CI Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo
Operating System: Windows Variants, Linux, Unix
Confidential, Denver, CO
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Code Deploy, code commit, Bitbucket, code pipeline, CloudFormation Templates, Lambda and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Worked with Groovy for compilation, collections, exception handling and declaring classes during syntax failures of builds.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines and built Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery environment using Jenkins Groovy Scripting.
- Experience in technical information from sources such as design documents, wiki pages, GitLab repositories and vendor documentation for use in documentation activities.
- Coordinated and Engineered enterprise change management processes for DevOps using GitLab, Jenkins, Atlassian (Jira), Test rail (test management).
- Worked with different bug tracking tools like Rally, Jira and Service Now.
- Worked on creation of Change requests and Service requests using tool Service Now.
- Providing support to the Development, QA and application group through Service Now ticketing system.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Created playbooks for deployments and bug fixes with Ansible . Deployed and tested playbooks in Docker containers before pushing changes in Git.
- Worked with Ansible for Orchestration of Deployments for various servers and managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible , also involved in managing existing Tomcat, Webservers and automated the configuration of new servers.
- Automated deployment of micro services to pull an image from private Docker Registry and deploy Docker swarm cluster using Ansible .
- Worked on Docker and Ansible in build automation pipeline and continuous deployment of code using Jenkins and wrote playbooks to automate servers using YAML scripting and developed an Ansible role which will be integrated into CI/CD pipeline .
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web Servers, Tomcat Servers, Nginx and other applications. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server Setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and configuration management using Ansible.
- Automated AWS infrastructure via Ansible and Jenkins and services configuration using Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible to automate the process of deploying/Testing new build in each environment, setting up a new node and configuring machines/servers.
- Used Ansible to deploy ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure that automate the Provisioning of AWS Services through Ansible scripts and cloud formation templates.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios and Splunk.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy Chain, Bitbucket with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Integrated Docker Container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configuration maps and deployments.
- Launching and Debugging Docker Container, Installing/setup Docker host in environment, Integrating Docker and Mesos, to monitor container status.
- Experience in Creating secured cloud infra using (VPC) for Staging and Development environment on AWS. Set up ELB for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell Scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Troubleshoot switch to server and back to the secure Cloud connection.
- Involved in the troubleshooting the servers.
- Set up DynamoDB for NoSQL data for other teams on lightweight Docker containers with elastic search and quick indexing .
Environment: Cloud AWS, Ansible, Docker, Apache Tomcat, JAVA, Subversion, GIT, GITHUB, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Shell Script, Python, Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian Bitbucket, Confluence, YAML.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Chef and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Expertise in Creating & Handling cookbooks and recipes using Ruby in Chef workstation and Deploying them to various nodes.
- Integrated Chef Automate with GIT and worked on it for source code management to allow developers to do code review and verifying the source code before submitting.
- Worked on setting up a Chef Workstation, bootstrapping various enterprise nodes and worked with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef Attributes and Template.
- Have written Terraform Templates to create instances on AWS and bootstrapped them to the Chef Server while creating.
- Accelerated Chef Server Cookbook and Terraform components to run in the AWS Environment.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in Chef -infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Responsible for automated deployment of java application in Tomcat Server using Chef scripts.
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, Chef for automatic workflow.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to application servers in an agile Continuous Integration environment and automated the whole process, deployed and maintained multi-container applications through Docker.
- Designed and Developed Jenkins Build deployments on Docker Containers.
- Involved in running Multiple Tomcat Instances as Containerized App Servers using Docker.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Design and implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on-premises datacenter with AWS Cloud using AWS VPC and VPN and Direct connect services.
- Developed Nagios Plug-in scripts, various reports, and projects plans in the support of initiatives to assist in maintaining Nagios distributed system monitoring and management via several data extrapolating applications.
- Migrated Splunk from a search head pool to a fully clustered environment.
- Configured Splunk instance as an indexer and enable high availability for data assurance.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with PowerShell to automate routine jobs.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy Chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Proposed branching strategies using Version Control Systems like GIT, ClearCase and GitHub.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, CloudFront, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
Environment: Cloud AWS, PaaS, CHEF, Docker, Puppet, Web Logic, JAVA, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, PowerShell, Linux, Windows, Atlassian JIRA, Ruby
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Used Puppet to maintain configuration on Linux servers.
- Deployed puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Implemented Puppet Master, Puppet Console and Puppet Agents, Create Puppet modules and Classes.
- Utilize Cloud Formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Worked closely with developers, other stakeholders to streamline CI/CD/CM processes and daily issues.
- Created and Extensively used Octopus deploy Automation for .Net Application By setting a transformed variable to change config files accordingly
- Used PowerShell script in Octopus Deploy to alter and execute/extract NuGet packages from successful builds.
- Implemented and Responsible for deploying chain automation across environments such as integration, QA, Stage and Production environments
- Managed IIS server and app-pools and services
- Coordinated and attended every day scrum/agile meetings and weekly sprint meetings to evaluate completed work.
Environment: .NET, Team city, MS Build, TFS, PowerShell, IIS Server, SQL SERVER, Chef, Ruby, Azure, AWS, Maven, J2EE
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Build and Release / DevOps Engineer
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to GIT triggers, human input and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Build and Deployment CI/CD Pipelines.
- Docker CI/CD tools (JENKINS and GitLab).
- Zabbix for CI/CD tools monitoring.
- Pager Duty to monitoring CI/CD tools and resolve critical issues proactively to manage uptime.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x & 7.x) on SPARC, x86 and Blade Centers.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management Teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments.
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment
- Created repositories, branches, tags in GIT, assisted the developers to fix merging issues and Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using J Frog Artifactory .
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for WebLogic web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- JENKINS is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Used MAVEN, GRADLE as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and conducted SVN to GIT migration.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining an automated build and release environment.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, AWS, JENKINS, Nagios, JIRA, MAVEN, CHEF, Vagrant, Linux, SVN, GIT, Gradle, Puppet, Tomcat, Scrum, Python, MAVEN, Ant, Nexus, PowerShell
- Systems Administrator responsible for centralized Administration / Maintenance of Linux Servers.
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.x and SUSE 10.x.
- Configured kick-start server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet and Rlogin.
- Installation, configuring, administration and hardening of Apache web servers.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager.
- Installed, maintained and upgraded REDHAT Linux Server using kick start-based network installation.
- User account management and administration. Troubleshooting User's login and home directory related issues, reset password and unlock user accounts.
- Performed Automation of jobs through crontab and Autosys.
- Provided support for both physical and virtual environments and Troubleshooting WebLogic Application Server connection pools.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Performed Troubleshooting NFS, NIS, Samba, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, MySQL and network problems.
- Written bash, shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Installation of hardware, software and upgrading to ensure work is performed as per the company policy on various hardware platforms.
Environment: RHEL 4.x, SUSE 10.x, SSH, Telnet, Rlogin, Crontab, NFS, NIS, Samba, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Bash, WebLogic, RAID, VERITAS Volume Manager